• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

slothinator

Colonel
55 Badges
Oct 20, 2016
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
What if Alexander the Great had died at the river Granicus? What if the Achaemenid Persian Empire had survived this period of turmoil to find some sort of stability?
Well this is exactly what this mod asks, join as Darius III is on his last legs and threatens to leave a vacuum of power in his ailing empire.
Though massive on the world stage, the Achaemenid Empire does not have the impetus for conquest that some younger nations have, unless it were reformed...
Will you try to restore this great power to its rightful place or will you challenge its supremacy like Alexander once did?

The mod changes the starting conditions of the game to give you a fresh new challenge and alternate history platform. There is currently a new mission tree to restore the Achaemenid Empire to its former glory and a mission tree modified from vanilla for Macedon to reform the League of Corinth and take on their old rival.

Persia is huge but seriously hampered by several things: it has an absurd debuff to warscore cost which means they basically won't conquer anything more than some border cities, then it's quite unstable with a lot of potential rebellions, and third there are some large scripted rebellions on succession which makes a breakup more likely.
Weird about the Legion generals, I haven't really changed that but I'll have a look!

If people are interested, I have some further ideas on potential mission trees for these two countries that I could add in
This mod is intended to be played with Invictus installed. For everything to run smoothly, make sure that it is loaded after Invictus (i.e. under it in the playset at start-up)

Download it here!

zQH2K16.png

Alexander was all a bad dream
JqwseH7.png

Things have been going well for the last years
qpDVyeZ.png

But the empire is not what it used to be
L0H3J6T.png

It will need vigorous help to return to its former glory
For the future, the short-term plan is to add a mission for "take down Persia" which basically gives you some tools to pull an Alexander, although it wouldn't be specific to Macedon and any large power bordering them could give it a shot.
As for long-term plans, I think I'd like to add some more missions for a reformed Achaemenid empire (I have some vague ideas) and maybe flesh out the map and some of the events that weren't working early on.
I'd also like to add in some more court events but that's just a general observation I have for imperator, we'll see when and how those fit in

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions: