• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was checking over something regarding Hellenistic cultures and I found two things that struck me as wrong.

The first is that there's a "Argolian" culture which should probably be changed into "Argive" culture.

The second, which I didn't notice untill today, is that the Messenians have a Lacedaemonian culture. Please consider changing this to a new culture for the Messians. Changing the Messenians into their own culture could also allow for, or so I hope, a future helot system for Sparta where non-Lacedaemonian pops could be reduced to helots or be kept around as perioikoi. As well as to reflect the tensions between Messenians and the Lacedaemonians as well as a potentially future source of tensions between helots and Spartiates.

Does anyone know if the education wonders were changed in this mod? I know they talked about integrating some of the mods that improved them, but I don't see them on the list of integrated mods.

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly in vanilla if you built a education wonder with 3 of the education effects only 1 of them would ever have a (small) chance of happening - effectively making them a waste to build.

Great work on the mod, in any case!

I found that when playing with (only) the Invictus mod enabled the Antigonid Kingdom does not have a model for its armies. I have the deluxe edition but not Magna Graecia or Heirs of Alexander. I assume the mod uses content from one of those without a fallback.
If anybody can suggest a workaround, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• Heavy Infantry.png
    Heavy Infantry.png
    712,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Does anyone know if the education wonders were changed in this mod? I know they talked about integrating some of the mods that improved them, but I don't see them on the list of integrated mods.

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly in vanilla if you built a education wonder with 3 of the education effects only 1 of them would ever have a (small) chance of happening - effectively making them a waste to build.

Great work on the mod, in any case!
They weren't touched to my knowledge and I raised the question why back then when IR balanced wonder effects:

DD72: Icenian Mission Tree and Nuragic tweaks
Dev Diary 72: Icenian Mission Tree and Nuragic tweaks
Salvete!
Today we’ll be presenting the Icenia mission tree, some tweaks that have been made to the Nuragic lands and some QOL features for the GUI.
For the Icenia tree, i’ll hand you over to Zorgoball.

Hello everyone, Zorgoball here to introduce and show off the latest tree for the tribes of Britannia - in the 1.7 update of Invictus, there will be a mission for Icenia. Twenty tasks await you as you personally guide the “Ascent of the Cenimagni”.
1685997201607.png

The Iceni were a tribe that lived in southeastern England, and are perhaps mostly known for the rebellion that was led by their queen Boudicca about sixty years after the game’s end. While this famous incident is well beyond our time frame, other things that the Iceni were known for - their skill at metalworking, their fondness for chariots, horses and trade - are all represented here. You will be tasked with building up your economy while fighting to form Pritania, and while there are some shared missions from the Dumnonia tree, all involving the Aquae Sulis holy site and Druid Event Chain associated with it, everything else here is completely focused on the Iceni. We will start on the left side of the tree, where the military aspect of your campaign will come into focus.
When the game starts, your people are in possession of most of your home province of Icenia, but there are three territories that the Trinovantians to the south have moved into. You won’t be able to progress any further until this mistake has been corrected.
1685997201639.png

Once you have unified your home province, you will be able to build upon this momentum by preparing claims against your neighboring tribes en masse. The promise of the glorious battles to come will inspire your levies to fight like they never have before!
1685997201664.png

The Iceni were known to be diplomats, trusting in their connections when it came to matters both domestic and international, and this is reflected in a couple of tasks. You will need to cultivate friends in your backyard as well as across the water, as there are obvious benefits for doing both.
1685997201689.png
1685997201712.png

1685997201737.png

1685997201770.png

There will be rewards for consolidating your hold on the island, which will open up even more opportunities for investing in your new territories.
1685997201800.png
1685997201823.png

In an effort to increase your holdings as you subdue your foes, you will be able to take things from them - not just their gold, but even their Elders shall be numbered amongst your possessions…
1685997201872.png

We will take a look at the right side of the tree now, which will help you build up your capital region and make your city of Venta Icenorum the most powerful seat of power in all of Britannia. Because the Iceni were said to be quite fond of gold, you will be tasked with building markets and kickstarting the economy to make sure your treasuries are filled.
1685997201915.png

1685997201942.png

1685997201972.png

If you chose to build the La Tène workshops and supply your blacksmiths with the training and the tools that they need, then there is a good chance that a masterpiece will eventually be produced.
1685997202018.png
1685997202034.png

As the reputation of Venta Icenorum grows, new opportunities for your people will make themselves available - the iron in the nearby swamps will serve useful purposes, once a mine has been built in the bogs.
1685997202064.png

As a tribe, you are unable to raise a legion per se, but the Iceni are unaware of these limitations and do as they please, and their foes tremble at the mere mention of their dread elite force known as the Chariots of Doom. Any time that there is a battle with an enemy where the forces are evenly matched, these quickly-moving chariots have often turned the tide of battle in Icenia’s favour.
1685997202101.png

1685997202125.png

In 2011, archaeologists discovered an Iron Age road in East Anglia, one that was made of wood and thought to have been built by the Iceni, so you will have a chance to do exactly that.
1685997202148.png

1685997202194.png

There are a couple of tasks that we will leave as surprises, but there will be good reasons for your ruler to invest in building up your civilization level.
1685997202220.png

A couple of other things before I go; a quick peek into Dementive’s workshop, where he has been polishing up some quality of life features that you can toggle on and off as you please. Here is a look at a compact military traditions view, where only traditions available to you are visible.
1685997202273.png

1685997202305.png

There will be a similar option for a compact mercenary menu.
1685997202345.png
1685997202379.png

The last thing I want to mention before I hang things over is that our AAR contest is still going strong over on our Discord server: https://discord.gg/5K9fd3qSjx, with many ongoing series that are a thrill to read being continuously updated. We have some excellent stories, including “Master of the Steppes”, “To The Strongest”, “Sicilian Ambitions”, “Horsing Around”, “The Hundred Year Quest for North Africa”, “450 AUC: The World After Alexandros”, and even entries written in a dev diary style! We at the Invictus team are having a blast reading about your sensational campaigns, so thanks to everyone who has submitted so far. Remember, the contest is open until June 17th, so there’s still plenty of time to enter. That’s it from me, so here is one of our newest contributors, Acult, to discuss the tremendous work he has done in Sardinia.

Saludi a totus, I’m Acult and today we talk about Sardinia.
The bulk of my work consists in adjusting the majestic work previously done by Zorgoball and the Invictus team, bringing a bit of historical accuracy where the unavailability of creditable English sources had the upper hand on the content integrated for the island.
At this time, the Invictus mod currently contains five playable Nuragic tags: Coracensia, Luguidonensia, Tibulatia, Celesitania and Rubrinsia, as well two mission branches entirely dedicated to the Nuragic culture.
The nations of Celesitania and Rubrinsia got respectively changed to “Kelsitania” and “Rubrensia”, to better suit the historical record available from Ptolemy (Kelsitanoi and Roubrensoi), while instead the nation of Tibulatia has been renamed to “Longonensia”, as the Tibulati were a Roman incolae from Republic time, while the “Longonenses” are an historically attested Corso-Nuragic tribe of north-east Sardinia.
1685997202397.png

All provinces names of Sardinia have been revisited, correctly assessing each one to the name of the relevant settlement in the area used at the time:
1685997202433.png

–Province number - Previous name -> New name
3486 - Ferraria -> Sarcapos
Ferraria was an irrelevant minerary settlement on late Roman Republic, the name has been changed to Sarcapos as the latter was an important Sardo-Punic city-state in the area.
3484 - Karli -> Karali
Karali (punic KRL), was a Sardo-Punic city state of a certain size which would later become the center of power in the island during Roman era (Carales/Caralis). The toponym is Proto-Sardinian and related to Carallai (yellow rock)
3483 - Tarshish -> Nura
Misplaced toponym, Nura instead was the center of power during the Carthaginian rule.
3481 - Slahi -> Sulki
The previous name was invented, now replaced with the historical one. A Sardo-Punic city, destroyed by Carthage during the wars to submit the coasts and quickly rebuilt, Sulki would never renounce to antagonise the Tyrean colony, siding with Rome since the very beginning.
3485 (Roman) - Sardopatoris -> Metalla
Only for the Roman culture, the place was also known as Metalla
3493 - Tarrot -> Tarshish
Replaced the invented toponym with the correct one. A city of relevant importance which would have lost most of its former glory after the war against Carthage in 500BC.
3494 - Cornus -> Sanaphar
Replaced a Roman-era name with the local toponym (both mean Horns), Sanaphar was a relevant city state in this area ruled by Hampsicora. It would lately lead a Sardinian revolt against the Roman rule during 215 BC
3497 - Hermaion Akron -> Carbia
The previous name was misplaced and incorrect for the area
3499 - Nymphaios Limen -> Nure
Nure was yet another settlement in north-west Sardinia, it would give the name to the Nurrenses (a Nuragic tribe) and Nurra (the name used nowdays to define such region)
3500 - Mighdal Shradhnin -> Libisonis
The previous name was invented, it’s better to stick with the historical one. This settlement would lately turn to a Roman colony during Caesar era, one of the two only Roman colonies ever founded in Sardinia (the other is Usellis, still during Caesar)
3495 - Aquae Hypsitanae -> Hydata
No need to name a city after an aqueduct if we know the name of the city
3491 - Lesa -> Lacon
Misplaced toponym, switched to the historically attested Lacon (home of the Lakonites, an Iliensian tribe)
3502 - Sorabile -> Lesa
Misplaced toponym, this was the correct Lesa (home of the Lesitani, an Iliensian tribe)
3501 - Ercynum -> Luguido
The previous name was a misplaced irrelevant town of Roman era, switched with Luguido, the historically attested capital of the Luguidonenses, which would lately give the name to a wider region nowadays knows as “Logudoro”
3505 - Portus Tibulae -> Tibula
The city was named Tibula
3506 - Viniolae (missplaced) -> Longones
Very misplaced and irrelevant Roman settlement, switched to Longones, the capital of the Longonenses.
3504 - Qart 'Onim -> Phausiane
A curious toponym invented by the PDX team in the effort to translate the ancient greek “Olbia”, although being the solely Greek colony ever founded in Sardinia, the Phoceans would abandon the area within 20 years of the foundation after a war against Carthage and the Etruscans of Caisra. The settlement became a periferic Carthaginian outpost, locally known as Phausiane (source M. Pittau)
3489 - Fanum Carisi -> Kares
Replaced with a suitable indigenous name, Kares was the capital of the Karenses (an Iliensian tribe)
3487 - Porticenses -> Tyrsenia
Replaced with a locally attested settlement name, Tyrsenia would take the name from Tyrsis, the pan-Mediterranean word to identify Towers, on this case the Nuraghes. The use of this word was attested among Sardinians, Etruscans and ancient Greeks.
1685997202463.png
1685997202499.png
1685997202529.png
1685997202572.png

About the distribution of cultures in the island, the Nuragic culture has been added to the three missing provinces in the north-east. The punic culture is no longer the majority at Tarshish, Sulki and Sanaphar, while it has been added to Sarcapos.
The ahistorical overpopulation of the cities of Sulki and Phausiane has been distributed among the other equally relevant Sardo-Punic city-states of the time, which were previously severely depopulated.
Phausiane has lost its city status, while Tarshish, Nura and Sanaphar are now cities.

Concerning the “Nuragic Homeland” mission tree, the localization has been tweaked to better fit historical data, for example the “human sacrifice” task (not attested among Sardinians) has been changed to something else.
1685997202588.png
1685997202618.png

In regard to the country-specific heritages of the Nuragic tribes in the game, we have a plan to rewrite the localisation of those who do not correctly attain historical data.

• 15Like
  • 8Love
Reactions:
Great work

I’ve a report and I don’t think it’s a bug but maybe an oversight.

In the Tasm mission tree I’ve expanded down to become a monarchy. When this happens the laws change from tribal ones to kingdom ones. This means I cannot complete ‘The Pearl Harbour’ mission in Tylos as it requires ‘coin minting’ law but this is no longer available as a monarchy and so can’t complete the tree. Could this be looked at so if Tasm becomes a monarchy they can still complete the Pearl Harbour mission please?

Great work

I’ve a report and I don’t think it’s a bug but maybe an oversight.

In the Tasm mission tree I’ve expanded down to become a monarchy. When this happens the laws change from tribal ones to kingdom ones. This means I cannot complete ‘The Pearl Harbour’ mission in Tylos as it requires ‘coin minting’ law but this is no longer available as a monarchy and so can’t complete the tree. Could this be looked at so if Tasm becomes a monarchy they can still complete the Pearl Harbour mission please?
We literally just fixed that in the update a few hours ago.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I recently asked myself a question, is it possible to invade Galatia (Anatolia) without the events?

galatia1.jpg
galatia2.jpg
galatia3.jpg
galatia4.jpg

I had to modify the files of the decision to create Galatia so that it could be taken without having a Galatian culture, since it would be impossible without the events of the invasion.

Another thing is that I had to invade the other Eraviasi tribes in order to have enough pop.

Although it was still impossible to combine them all in the migratory hour, but even so, I took about 60 pop that turned into about 30k light infantry

With all that, hire a group of mercenaries to ensure victory, since the looting of cities by the migratory hordes is very productive and can be done before the war to accumulate resources.

Going back to the question, can Galatia be invaded without the events? Well yes, but it has its challenges and it may not be as well defined as in the events, but it is even more satisfying and challenging. It is not simply to accumulate political influence and wait for the date and that's it, you have to wait for the right moment to succeed.

In short, the migratory tribes have good potential and an entertaining game, they just lack good objectives like in Galatia and maybe some ease to migrate with the largest number of troops possible, as a decision that reduces the cost of migrating for a certain time to cost of political influence for example

Reactions:
DD73: Tibet, Hibernia and the split of Zoroastrianism
Dev Diary 73: Tibet, Hibernia, Caledonia and the split of Zoroastrianism

Salvete!
Today we'll be presenting a new Tibetan tree, a mission tree for Hibernia and one for the Caledonians.
We'll also be talking about a religious rework in Central-Asia and the split of Zoroastrianism in many other faiths.
To begin i'll hand you over to Zorgoball for the Tibetan tree.

Hello everyone, it is I, Zorgoball, and I am here to show off three new mission trees for the update. The first one we are going to look at today, “The Mountain Fortress”, will be available to any monarchy that forms Tibet and also serves as a second tree for Zhangzhung, following up their “The Mountain Kingdom” mission quite nicely. A tall tree for a nation already in the highest mountains…your enemies are never going to break through your defenses when all is said and done.
qnA9-_-o1Fa0ZjW_Dq73LxGFpNAOsTiqexweQuCG3wYYgCkj9vIXtD4B4B6Y_sCKXjdBTIWnJoWP-t9r1iB7TgIMwxIt3wu3IWXEhG-Yz2Slphiz1hm4GDpX4F-ZpTXBRmPfzXlb9ZJyOSRWddOHdko

pcVRKElsKe8botKy6ejkuxkS50v42t-H5DK2YDLqNdnOVTORTBKE5a8nvTRw3J8EmwT1Dw0Fkh5jVqmS3qtHHaLCP_OH5_ptbBcn5Z7raLuIH-P8QQl2tkyN2cWSMmJ29Bl6N2V5MaF0Gee6KYFsNwo

The first few tasks focus on building an interior highway, one that will reduce the amount of time it takes for your people to travel through your country. Coming from a tribal background, it would otherwise take ages for your nation to reach the civic level required to build roads, so this tree will help your industrious Tibetans achieve this goal as quickly as they can. Here is the final extent of the highway, which could connect Lhasa to the Ferghana Valley;
isfKnSIQTco3NzHqXHAH_9YA8_H6uYpzI3u0d6RE74yME59H7VKasVLIoSFfWwYgQiJdx2YIc3vRYHQsYPsjQj-nLEyliN54cBUFV8nmvv3G2prPYryjls3uuDWH0gj_YtXawy9JUuCd3DnpoLhuGCo

2wk84DI9YHf0tbzzFjI9gPG2mTd9-iH2gh9Bpui1AGIdcWqSWeTf8Vk6SpEABAxj881bdPh2h4-Dq10WW_XCvsLgBvdchoDcClyfp5sES8m1IOZfE1ZqeCGX3nwnVsBaLtrFia451BdQqIgGJTnjboE

Although the costs will be great, once this massive infrastructural achievement has been accomplished, your ruler will be (rightfully) celebrated throughout the nation - life in your country will change forever!
amb7pmnY69re_ZBmFMXxw22g1wHtNLI7sWdnHUO00G0C6pdkWoUKJiKQqIP1EhVfzXjOUyxB6StMEkwGzrMqs0nNFiY8EsNVCebbcy9c7t9wahrm4ekiDQsg-nuRzvSteTFqCiL51Y-Tt-cs5wvl6fY

O1AyVYbi4R87DZGtBEIsM2G9aOHg1-tmxQHArxGCdfvFARIB2CrOSDWMhf3F3y6WHRwiuDGGU-BY91DKtib-Q4j_IxjP2JCqWi_JgsfDyopqGGE6aGhikdjEhQrMNmZyd9tsKzmYK5SwAKOQIvuvE8A

The Grand Tibetan Highway will soon become an important part of daily life in your nation, even serving as a training ground for your military. As more sections of the road are upgraded and your Legion becomes better trained, your entire army will receive the benefits of their expertise and knowledge.
XlENytVS6AUGbuqccOKjHG1-s8Ht9MGTBr0RXUGO7PbCqzkZzzkAOpNwewR9yy4OR3RSLEy_pfS6rKr63vxN5kQD6maoZLFYEz9ymJo5NwnhZ0_GFNoBhkB2gay5vqI7KKiZH7ZzmTt4BZP6h7swrGU
xaa3kyV_O5h1YBLDENPJhLzC18WOBesSBwTkto_qzmXAD0dTxcCQeZkVi9osjuc6Sy5nT5IlpceNrZXEiigBGUPA90oUhjX8YSiRsMX2pStM3pI2SFeUIyDSsd4xFQ1iZiFX47ATPL7y9CY4-KYLg2k

dUAHPgtEW1pmfofoABtQXWQM3eq1BPVUg9fc9sdkxRfqHBiyNnibDW4aolYrSK2Wowv7AyiO-fJJH4VgIMtY0paDguVBSDvhavU-I_EF-LOoehIRZQ5b-daDqDbSLt9cGkm0MCa3V8WwBPMaahDvi5c

gRoCK7i-mZ10aqmeIjDfqOsE4O9XpLzEc5NUhm4j1G0VJkzvbThgR8FwC-6Km59Bq82dsGUbVxORMEKDJtrM6gZ-A_XlBQPS-epGziHzU_rcpszyAnNcFwWMxp7zKrOpBQe9JeO4lG6K_Sai46JkFAg

Of course, playing tall requires considerable resources, and there will be those in your nation that will attempt to stop your leader from spending so much of your wealth on what they consider to be vanity projects. If you are able to overcome this bickering, however, the rewards will be worth it.
rBul3w8gZ4iPAcrcEZQVVvs8CNZQyoCYq60nBzcFWM3MCVOM0H0nCrb6FHUy4qC4nvLmb_g-W-0pQaKx0okwhevkHKHVqQGOkTB-YSsADJz2dodcqsbJsz9VXk5oE-JBjQEA22Re7OWEKZ8KVtP6bh4

Magg03mjMkXDS22H1RS88NYk5e6hEeLwE4Yzxj_OaLxFx0d3-01WtberJLAjfFXVWIJ_iCUUOidggg_Cv_FpneZBw9d-f5NIp0ioZWY73aI6sTOWVLt8M6eKWPoH0gDsjDH_vlK8umcOMkWisgJ7VmU

Because this tree is focused on internal affairs, there won’t be much interaction with the outside world, but your ruler could start an event chain involving Buddhist scholars from India.
JG6l7obTlzGuTpT4quiZ7azUHcP-y-kq8MeaL73S0J-8jjcF9FzN1HVXfedh2gPAFVJE2tQ1EpaoqRpkq5hgROu6W5a1EdPuCmmYUV5woF7gIpeCr2psYM8-9c7_G-maeSKqAeqljKOoUHABbGK-AK8

Once everything inside of your country has been taken care of and your borders are secured, you will then be free to decide what you do next - there’s even a reward waiting for you if you are able to achieve Great Power status. A peek at the final task before we head to the western edge of the map to look at the other two missions.
QHltt6VvjeU9H223BZl2FxuAmq6GKKnYjQ7zTF9P2MUm4YupskMkE3ZjbwcCwR1iTdOtx5Qb3E2M9hzwFEfABMb2_moCnRo-M8AbQFKtStF08ON2ZMjqx8EAB876oA8uFxgqmc7Dd86oyDa_CtiH7XA

We hope that you will enjoy playing Tibet - we know that your armies will love the reduced travel times. But now, something completely different! In the 1.6.1 update of Invictus, there will be a mission available to any tag in Ireland that will assist in the formation of Hibernia.
R6rStDUzvsmhoH7iqjun8rSXy0TT26G0gNbmn09luXr4-TmsIsVOHxklRH8gz0XZv_bWfnqO0xCSHVTTFOu6I0faSUn23ari_ea7jIKluJI14HQdF8eotcQ2CSpIL26gCHIL9wc2DSco31jJJoYf-0o

dmwBRZT0CgQDFQRsD0R0JyswrylVkZwj-qR76yuSRd7fs5nKTXDg0g0WiwloINJ-pObC3X_zC8NKnlst31RQxeQ8Rvn7Mk1IeT_VkN1AM8aryzIs1MsNHUOsMtCTIw-gOGwIx9S5cR-unjaj3XijMg4

otno2CmojNcm52_UlZL-xGgyPBnmku3kYzxlWw3rGvtT6-rnAPLnJ7xOjP5LvYZttXw_mBw6a05VXoJ-0i4PNZuEPT4bMLbcama69ts1Idox0espExcaPqhMI-TSJ-5WhOy6NlZQqz6uhoyDrK0SYuE

This tree is fairly simple but gets the job done; unite the island, gain a few permanent modifiers, choose a new capital city. The first four missions give you claims on the various provinces around you so that no matter where you are, you can begin consolidating your region. We are also re-using the war mechanic that was debuted in the Eburones “Bravest of the Gauls!” tree here, so you will be able to send ultimatums to those around you - they will have to submit or die!
nbg4AOf7jytxzrouU8hQQ3nr6EoHdCOk7F1vaMxOCkgg2x1_gcp0p3p-fEp2bumGUnelNCvS0uL3UKV9vJjJq1_nx8dl4w5AUFWKfegFskHDYAQp3ZXXkuavhnYIVOt6XqxSkNdEXUjSXpP-C4Qsuw8

9ONzsu3pre8m-biXJOeIMWl4LHgj7BOe5FCRmPqPbkLWISHRyYBKZpoDSrC4kA6NpOBl2KdAap1k5B4Zn6u0I-1DL2t71CUF0pYRa5hCqjZCgpDwv0g-Ke7Ok4HXQplyBBQBS0UDeDQDV67tJi10Ros

If you are able to unite the island under your banner, there will be rewards and rejoicing throughout your nation.
BAV8CP8E_tEVC5J_cz049AMVfGteVGgm1-MNK_FkxtJoGAqFqlXozq6p7EgyiABOYNGvk6T8q7-Srjbzu7PvwuycAIaG5cOxHrjaiv64uPp7fZwE5tvOCfuCmWHIJU-vZuQuCOcnuwy0wd9S4_SBECA

J81GlROhRiZi8eN2sE-hbMqIgi0UD20BE8KjPc5wQ63g0Mkbk52XqEDL82SVcpXUDDrmkGuFpWKu4E5OCRITwph4juegqno-hsj3hS7B-fEKF_LSR273uHgWLuNzkGlThhl1SfwpMrEYIhp_9ifYfJY

N4d-TkL2jd_w25ajq3Ytn1WwZi-fTlinDwxyrTUuip2WsJm0CCW_I-94a0g2jdo-5vnkknwl_kaoecrSVwFNs90FqA6rCcqB4m6NW3ffn_O6iLzLYn7AvIkk6kbh16KAG7QvvumjkFjDMS1Gc0goFek

There will be discussions as to where the capital of a united Hibernia shall be, with
your ruler ultimately deciding where the heart of the nation, its first city, shall be built.
lqweVb6L83LoyQ8hFx57zIQO_lm_0Wec5ofunlm5KFWFuZ1hKOKaA3zbx6d3pwX2gl5wuD5u7sqNzPkFzS_hKdmzdQ8YM32_zg9RP0fOFObbLiDPvcmE6niUw3PgVdjXBYomCiXqLp_AEPFL4XG7vdE

If all goes according to plan, you will even be able to prepare claims on your enemies across the water.
Fey1GQldlhlT5uLX50RIUa_7YZuc1-0nnOi4-fxwLi-sXW3g-rDtt-OmZPaAXa1gJZ4cwmFzfLgBlyyMWqyKRGZynKVnaPSHV9tbtbfCxh-ipYMinQoNRUsA9i1aB5flfCIR58aOBz4QiOUNKqtJv6I

Unfortunately for you, you might find the Caledonians aren’t pushovers…the “Land of the Painted People” will not be the easiest place to conquer.
CwWYgpNq8cENSzqHLCSFpZamVUD1hlp-sWpuaMiCLP6SPdIH3J8TIvRgcnSnQZht0lrNpqHWRfSPWmQx_g4nu96BF2QZpahp4k8guv7XegO40mcyFA1T5UjwksvNA2JvweBUKPz4zC2HnyrC7HBy3yg
CuMMlwqCocXh2CLB6pGq6G6j7GkVchGlDDi4mEtt5C_jAo1UNvClgP76YJrZTJMk53EZEl6BHKINC6kO9HcYA0k7ocSCK0i4yAdBvWrn46NqWgZoeWQpnvD3IInRg1lwQYSrsrOTrhJVik09LPCNQDc

PR8N07RyW3Se_gdUTELrn5AtVEFpbiHWzA9Ck0r3NFnR2M0HvMYTB8-z1wiMKQW_DoBxpMWA4ChmK2A-GhhZCNkuO3Djc94ruhsdn_t-3wfecqpgmpraNH0GmcMbUrCMtnScilmOlIfqJX4gieNcJM8

Before we look at the tree, which is available to the three Caledonian tags, I’d like to give a special thanks to our tester and contributor Mateusz for helping me fine tune this mission - it would not exist in its current state if not for his help, so a massive thanks for all of his work! The top two tasks start with your tribes preparing claims, some against your kinsmen and some against the Taexalians to the south.
ucl4GI-Ufk1BIwBvYot6GB8YKltRioAiSk1O6Nm3e0VHbL4VKequUvemq2D-_aInYx6wwIUX7daii_gkslufCg-jZwfCxS8PeRHE5u_HBbnhL8SeOKGZXZhA-eyzMCH7dk5ErQFQKHSHSgY1El1DmBM

HTbzyHor3CJZH-3Uesh3TAr5oNsqMzc6ufaoqB2JmohfDNmcI62hm8dLgwAzVvHRnZGEheZxgEMl20uV_l3jeZJJrAV6BzHET4bK6zeoItmR3ZqwIKqx8zs__LbzizTGNLy7BZppnoHaNNdMER5Ojr0

Once you have conquered your neighbors, colonizing the uninhabited territories that surround you will become a national priority.
7SYHUlVi-FRNmlii3W9GgvzLYNU0XLU8FDfP5k_r8QOrxqcsrVH8oq5d1FrDxpqx_7ZmbGvVoVPxyshvZ-WwLXUDDxy0hvzKpP81gLPRf0fv_9DJGwGqTqsnNEXjLWDwyNWQTRbKdYnYJG4_v5mUCXk

mWqWgDR0RAH-tRsTyelPALXedB7qXkAbInVtJju7PX8UE0vuH0yvtsCc1UPai_xc7pwhq8s8IfMqbUUeNe77ucRhtUquMpwEZnkI0EcCHC1YrfHwqm-6_Ap2LlZsDs3fGnQN8PuAZ-142NqjC3G2hdw

While both sides of the mission tree open up with conquering tasks, the left side eventually focuses on building up your capital region. The Caledonian tribes might be poor in technology, but there are valuable natural resources in their homelands that you will be able to develop in an attempt to jump start your economy. Precious and base metals, salt on the coasts, stone in the mountains - you will have need of it all.
yWtu-1E5il5tLtx0me4QehxyXDFB2hByxL67pfo-ApaL-_Vjba7T-c4UsX_-hUcLN_dDT6xLkYdFtM8Q760VugU1xENAsfJZNIs34EVdLEnGVv8r8-ujp5798u7d30bnu_nRp-ywhRD1gNWxp2BnIec

ilx2rEQVVJlZOfKhVi2ypkTAIoZlrxk9B7Na1Y_k9fYCGaRs4_R3fnjbkAA12b9buHrie9_7Vku7cPMc4ZkLqMld2MtEL2pgRS2P_snwm3cbMGHf8wgNt13nYxX8irb87GTx3V8Ssz5EMpK2t2Celws

HwkeQUXq4-sV3_FWa3DMs3sVjaIEmqdRb0oi-FIdDLeLyVb1bLLKzsFym77VoapgYs2ySOj6m4seuLKPnNt5P2A83rKytq4aSPZNXR3GNuU0r5iGMVtKZcfupUJr7FJMAxdv8EVyraRRjbF1P0v6rOc
K11kvqIto_-PMCo9l9tMexo35dGYpcRGKeZnLLkraiWoQzcER47oMQkdvpGnMr0ML_LNQUqbr5i-wHD3KL8aRFiRF0JwFDXTA7uthSjwENMlA1sUBzRi1QT2AMmu3YqDxugBjCt2JopCRhWsEhycTNw

Once you colonize the Orcades, there will be an opportunity to explore some of the strange ruins on the island.
gMCLZ08rQKlXAU1kWGCQvnxl7e9zQoLGK_m7OMo7MmCuasW1rcdx0m_KVUXukyiQMvAkTegLLDdbGWhvPsgJK6gedAXDSII1yZHgZRBh11SCIsAGfZ5kGL_Hp41Qn0xlE33R0ucZUGjo5H-zfPq9lNc

3YW3e3BQ_5zzeXn-seKE5MRar1iGgRN-n9lhTjn8lSG0__vzvsrgup5F5_XUhAMNsXw6eaiVEq3B8wvQcKpM0yesrrXrKUCb7J_meOFyCm1vs_6kNjtNcA8z37qKO3XBkoGtoyj0ALBRnFb7h7Uhe4c

In addition to conquering your enemies on the road to forming the Caledonian Confederacy, there will be optional tasks that your ruler can decide to do, for life as a tribesman at the ends of the Earth is colorful, dangerous, and filled with all sorts of excitement.
z9d3KzrTc5WsBbZdkMz9EPNhEEFQ7DL0sHjL6a3K3LbysKER4TALPjBelNPrzQUe9d_iG3uKYLOivizIinagyWZOwMXBAsXwrYwZMwh_LzZTaou6EuRFKbJRXtZNgN5X1R_VJVqb5ps-MbJeJsBODWU

7jguU1JH3IONtf_dXvHKP4s4TF-CSbuH8zRFF40rfvOg3dxJCm5XEm7nib7YyMOKM1t62thg_kiJLj3btQpfOZDcUk2KOfx9uCJMEvD5ItIKhlA9znB70PR2DJFuSK1FbKlb2_uwtfB-zLgzfsi24VI

Once you have formed the Confederacy, which happens about halfway through the right side of the tree, you will continue to conquer south - Britannia and Hibernia will both be attractive raiding targets.
ebT030nuRj75mqy3LA3xuNfkotohyT9yhvkmIC9hXRGJoCIyHO0ejmw03fd34hhMgn_4I_qKMkrGXbewabPmRosont7t5b2-oBbKyeJ-Na4OXgUe3SLEVALFOle4Xyjuu35Ixv3uEEG911KxbP4Rvl8

Iyyz3SOk_dzmk0OSKqfqtCSMdABPJ1SHk3YfMXFG2m8lBu9u9j-R-I3fv2ERtxIUE_LHFX0ye3oLjagob-0FlAjdMnk7ZF0jrWG9kQclkR5ftyiF598RtrAWB4-yFm_8L76ba2fETF2SdFKd0qvJyD0

c725Wp3FMJpr3CjmSRNKARCaWI7kck6FCiD9L637rAdj-vFvl-oCWDksA1JcvMX8Ax-guqMhvNnBeGlR2CZJmecTz-SbF2gKFFGaE0lJC6lk5Mvv9WRvfig_3MFDcmhM-13KPFhdzlzKCIhxzapCmkY

lHHf3h9a2R-LP5iHSPgDjDsYCUZ9r9dX4o4_QOxrRCsOQtPtV8D7sSq7M4j5lEn9xi3OiuH-m16nkK5tsvaK7O7Bqtd6j3TeZPZ2LlxU6VxqHs3X52K-o52eBLxgjs6hyEEsHjI_7BMVvlNLKpFgvP4

If your raiders are successful, you might even find treasure in a plundered grave, preventing our real life archaeologists from discovering it in 1856.
khD9WE_xg65Tgqtn-Pt8P_wnT3OhfrXhv0-PdUPMR5L1T4UvGVqZr3yf_3ZVfQUcxF4xQ-yIl1SkfZUZkLq5nOY4GIpDe5TkVOean72GZcODoanXxfvCdoZCrhBDy38a0BrwUW0g1svQ24TVvBGgNvM

WataZkjJkIVVBBe_ldAyh_0kKFGiMmrYe5Zf6JzWga753hIrGTeN26QCZ5CFq7RRypKLnVGfkA2jycE6SKq5j9bmmoG-ncDG3EKp233Wa4ILxoXgqnc9xfbkPI6g28U3-3uQFklD0PsXsAmU4Xuh_BM

You can expect some more surprises when the update drops! Let me hand things over to the Master of Religions, Izn.

Surprise, surprise, it’s me Izn and I’m here to kidnap your attention for more religion! If you remember the last time I talked about religion, I talked about the replacement to Ritualistic: Swanco. However, a few of you may have noticed that Swanco’s spread was smaller than the spread of Ritualistic. So, it’s time to show you the religion just west of the Tarim Basin in central Asia.
rz9F5CmtxqN_zHMuPa2da7vWusd7ddCFFgqwHzYJVrnLSBIEgND7ViUmonB-sRrs3_4yhRXMfEWAWWNTRrtipOdpbPRnmHbVTRDpt8NIbTvSiT8fjE4MKmXYan0KX5mwFXJZpz4Ghrv3ffSDOHe9qWc

This religion is dubbed as ‘Voxite,’ named for the river that runs to the Aral Sea. Locals know it as the Vakhsh and Greeks call it the Oxus. Hence, Voxite for an easier to pronounce alternative. This religion is truly a crossroads of religion. It is primarily based upon the Bactrian faith, which by this era was still strong and surviving. The Bactrian faith was best attested to have a deity of the very same river Vakhsh mentioned earlier. However, the pantheon has been subject to a myriad of influences. You’ll first notice the large Zoroastrian pockets. Voxite is heavily influenced by it, with some historians claiming Sogdia itself was Zoroastrian. However, upon closer research, it seems that most every god adopted from Zoroastrian in the Sogdian and Bactrian faiths were Indo-Iranic pre-Zoroastrian. This is very likely because of the other Indo-Iranic religion’s influence in the area, Heptadic. It’s quite a mess of religions, and very hard to define, but the easiest way to put it is that it is the Bactrian faith with heavy external Indo-Iranic influences. Despite the origins, you certainly can claim this faith as your own and begin your Voxinations-er…I mean Voxite conversions.

Speaking of Indo-Iranic faiths, I’m sure you have noticed the new pinkish color. I like to think that the color just oozes the idea of ‘Magic,’ quite fitting for this faith, known for its Magi priests, and where we get the word Magic from, in fact. Once the popular faith of the Iranian plateau, the religion of the Medes, it’s Mithraic !
sSy8_AuKECHS9-DMYyEXzRBRHc3VP3knEAURECSAojDNP7-Ax0L-te8fo0WzvgRrGppH9yGKRVFJ2rmN0VU6sjAQU-mqipj-t3Mggr70cAB0jXzbKzuyfCoMYqs8I2mpqTol-bZn-c6AlKstD4fG6PA

Mithraic is the popular religion of the Medes people, and by this point it has shrunk considerably in favor of Zoroastrianism, which can be seen as ‘Newer’ Iranian faith. However, despite some conflicting sources, I was able to conclude that ‘Zoroastrian’ during this time is a bit of an umbrella term. Mithraic is distinguishable from Zoroastrianism (or more accurately Mazdaeism) for its head god of Mithra. While Mithra was relevant certainly in Zoroastrianism by this point in time, in Mithraic, Mithra stands above all other deities. Zoroastrian elites would be appalled by this reverence for a ‘lesser’ deity and their barbaric Bull rituals, but the people of Medes’ legacy continues strongly in this faith. It also became quite popular in a very different, but similarly named Roman faith. In fact, it is because the Roman faith was influenced, at least slightly, by the Mithraic kings of Commagene that I decided to change the religion of Commagene again. Commagene never really fit in Anahitic, as they had Armenian influences, however they are just a massive mix of religions. And Mithraic was certainly one of these religions. Commagene, in fact, is now the only nation in the game that starts with this unique religion.

Oh, and I’m sure some of you may have noticed that Chaldean is looking rather… large.
_9qmyYWbdZ2V8OYkzeWil9Tnq0SYJxlxaSSX2Ml5pGl1Xq9T9ulGp76w-tHS188Dr58uDj0gfCYsNoVBfLM5mNou2ODebdJIwuRTc52HkEqRxmvcCC4hZmTtU_1cVFFAC9ZQYvjx61fA0TBB_sTU5Q8

Hmm, in fact, that seems to be right where the Elamites, Uxians, and even Cossians are! The Elamite subfaith, as well as a Kassite subfaith, have been added! They each have access to a whopping 25 unique deities. I won’t go into too much detail as this… is pretty much adding 50 deities for the AI to use, HOWEVER, I will highlight the importance of Humban–who will be accessible to Zoroastrians, especially those in the Iranian plateau. Humban is the single most mentioned deity in the Persepolis fortification archive. A whopping 26 times, more than double than Ahura Mazda’s 10 mentions. Humban was such a popular god, it was sometimes argued that he became more of a Persian god than an Elamite one! This said, he will remain in the Elamite subfaith with his Elamite brethren. Perhaps someday, the Elamites will get some more playable options to fully explore this subfaith.

Ahh, completely reworking Zoroastrianism. I sure do love ruining these umbrella faiths and wetting these regions with religious diversity, butl, that’ll be all… for the Persians at least. There’s still one more religion I’d like to show off, but I must mention that the majority of this religion was made before I was even on the team. While I’m presenting it, I’ve mainly just ported this over from a more secret internal branch. So big shoutouts to Omegacorps for making the religion happen, and also Acult for leading me in making the deities of this religion.

mICoue2m0nKXHiuQj8sDDuuCqb3I7JAr3tz2og6n6FBNrh-EiMuSM09KNDLEpunO8dRsn-9AA3a00Xm5UGDz2bHUSiCi5H-NiVcYA51_Bkk0JhLu8xzEmwQAlgwGgxSUzN5KFYUhs_QVl7UDxyxhHFE

The Nuragics receive their very own religion! The Nuragic people have inhabited these isles since the Age of Bronze and their religion is a truly unique one. Centered around their main god of many names, this faith is either a Henotheist or Monolatrist faith, meaning it’s a faith which worships only one god while acknowledging the existence of others. Because of this, the deities are primarily made up of different Epithets of the main god from different interpretations and peoples. However, you’ll also find syncretism in this religion from places as far as Egypt, as close as Carthage, and of course some Hellenic.

SO THEN, there you have it. This patch will have 5 new religions, 2 new subreligions, and over a hundred new deities. Not so shabby if I do say so myself! With all of this stated, I have really started to feel the boundaries of reality come crashing in on adding more new religions. There certainly are more religions to work on, however, there likely won’t be many more major religious upheavals like the split up of Indic religions, Zoroastrian religions, et cetera. I do hope you enjoy the new religions that have been added to the game, be sure to give them a shot and check out all the unique deities from all over the world.

• 19Love
  • 12Like
Reactions:
This mod is a work of art. I hope the Devs give the mod team access to as many tools as possible if the game is not going to ever be worked on again by Paradox. It could still live and get a second life.

• 3Like
Reactions:
You're doing Assur's work team, keep it up!

Speaking of, have you considered adding more Chaldean to the area around Adiabene? I've been thinking about making a small personal mod for a while (a long while) to swap Adiabene's starting religion to Chaldean and most of it's provinces. AFAIK, the region would still have been primarily Chaldean worshiping at start date. Discussed this with @Samitte a couple of years ago on reddit.

Never did get around to reading Sophene, Gordyene, and Adiabene: Three Regna Minora of Northern Mesopotamia Between East and West, this DD was a good reminder. You've actually implemented a bunch of stuff we discussed in that thread like distinguishing the folk religions from Zoroastrianism proper. Last thing is to make Adiabene Chaldean and a Client state and our (your) work here is done!

Last edited:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Bloodline proliferation is out of control. There should be more limits on matrilineal bloodline inheritance, because it's ridiculous that you can just collect them all.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bloodline proliferation is out of control. There should be more limits on matrilineal bloodline inheritance, because it's ridiculous that you can just collect them all.

No. I want to collect them all. The AI sucks at doing it so if it bothers you, you can just not do it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
No. I want to collect them all. The AI sucks at doing it so if it bothers you, you can just not do it.
The only one I wanted to collect was the Argead bloodline, but I got stuck with Antipatrid and Aiakid blood as well, so now all my ruling family have five bloodlines and +100 prominence. It's ridiculous.

EDIT: What about making female-line bloodline inheritance (other than the Argeads) require enabling gender equality? That way we can choose whether or not to have it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
playing with eburonia I realized that it has some details:

in tasks 6, 16 and 17 the call is made to some events they do the same (only in one part), it establishes the capital in province 3675 and grants a modifier to the province, the issue is that it is repeated in all three and modifiers don't stack, so there's no point in repeating them.

Another thing is that (although I don't know if they did it on purpose or not) in task 17 a call is made to event 16 that repeats all the events of task 16, which implies that in the end they kill the king again and restores the ideas nationals.

As for the rest, I love the mission, it is entertaining and is always waiting to see if they subjugate or go to war

Reactions:
Bloodlines are cool. Im in Mosylon run. Near the end of it tho, 20 years or so before the world conquest is done 50 yeqrs before the end fate. Have 20 + of bloodlines on my ruler. Some bloodlines are impossible to save because AI eats the nation of origin or they dissapear because of event, like blood of eummenes. Would like that prove the legitimacy works the same as in vanilla, to give the chance for lost bloodlines to show up.

• 1Like
Reactions: