• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
V1.4 - Ptolemaios patch notes
The update will come out tomorrow on the 12th, exact timing to be determined, for now here's the patch notes:

New mission trees:
  • 2 Regional trees for Aksum
  • Large tree for Aremoricans
  • Regional tree for Argos
  • Huge tree for Bithynia with new bloodline and new characters
  • Large tree for Bohemia
  • Large tree for Cisalpine Gaul countries
  • Large tree for Mauretania and Massaesylia
  • Regional tree for the Roman Invasion of Britain available after invading Gaul
  • 4 trees for Thebes

Map changes:
  • Added new trade goods: Cedar, Myrrh, Cinnabar, Lapis, Jade, Fruit and Silphium
  • Expanded map in East-Africa/Horn of Africa
  • Expanded map in the European Steppes
  • Reworked the Physical terrain in Africa/Steppe (heightmap, trees and general visuals)
  • Added several rivers in Africa: Gabgaba, Awash, Allaqi
  • Added several lakes in Africa, most notably: Lake Bazensis and Salinae Tubunensis
  • Reworked Cultures in East-Africa, Germania, Britannia and the Steppes
  • Added Waaqi faith in the Horn of Africa full along with a dozen relevant deities
  • Added Athenian Acropolis (made by MattTheLegoMan)
  • Added straits to the Maldives

Added content:
  • Added tagswitching to: Mauryan rebelions, Bithynia and Cyrenaican Libya revolt
  • Added Slavia, Liguria and Punt as formables
  • Added some decisions for Apocopa (in the Horn of Africa)
  • Added and rebalanced around 40-50 heritages around the world
  • Added Germanic flavor events
  • Added 50+ kemetic flavor events
  • Added several character schemes (Characters will develop/exploit holdings, convert/assimilate pops there, improve their own status/wealth and more)
  • Added new character interactions (combat corruption, dueling, divorce, force a retirement, increase popularity, offer citizenship/protection, prove legitimacy, suggest training and retire your ruler)
  • Added flags for (Indo-Greeks, Liguria, Shunga, Satavahana, Ionia, Istros, Mesembria, Apollonia Pontica and about 20+ more)
  • Added more emblems/patterns for dynamic flag generation (thanks MattTheLegoMan)
  • Added deities for Hindus and Zoroastrians
  • Added 47 decisions related to trade goods with 10 accompanying events

Changes:
  • Improved target character and province GUI with relevant information being visible
  • Resized the tradescreen and rebalanced Trade good categories
  • Most bloodlines no longer give base-stats, just modifiers
  • Slightly increased stats from the growing up scheme
  • Made font appear over Trees (Thanks Terrapass)
  • Rebellions/civil wars now get roughly as many military traditions as the player has instead of starting with none
  • Rebellions will now be more difficult, larger rebellions where multiple disloyal states band together against you will happen more often
  • Made Cyrenaica unable to be annexed by the AI if it's a player within the first 4 years
  • Changed some of the requirements for the Cyrenaican mission tasks
  • Removed Fire disaster
  • Slightly reduced Disaster frequency
  • Nerfed Stonehenge from Noble ratio to Noble output
  • Reworked the Gandarian missions with more sensible requirements
  • Tweaked building modification display, now includes more sensical modifiers
  • Tweaked seducing governors, now has time restrictions to prevent abuse
  • Increased centralization for Cisalpine Gauls
  • Sligthly changed requirements for Frankish missions
  • Added lots of tooltips to Germanic missions
  • Increased variation in mission task pictures for Germanic, Indian, Rhodes and Fezzani missions
  • Increased corruption requirement for imposing fines
  • Anatolian culture group now uses custom Anatolian gfx
  • Changed the effects of the Kemetic Deity 'Isis' from food to a stability modifier
  • Consolidated internal files to make maintenance easier

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed Armenian traditions not unlocking properly
  • Fixed a thousand or more spelling errors
  • Fixed bug where switching primary culture would leave you with no primary culture in edge-cases
  • Fixed infinite costs and looping of Locusts event
  • Added missing combat modifiers against Engineers and Supply trains so they don't fight like Infantry
  • Fixed naval raiding being unavailable for Pirates and Cilicians
  • Fixed the Port Assault being blocked with nations who don't have the Archimedes death ray
  • Rooting out Pirates now works for Carthage
  • Only added day 1 food boost to provinces with an owner
  • Fixed edge-case bugs with the neigbouring City modifier
  • Fixed a mixup with Iberian province names (Asta and Hasta are now correctly placed)
  • Fixed broken trigger for Flamethrowers invention, Boeotia keeps access now after forming other nations
  • Fixed broken effects in the Judea tree
  • Fixed broken trigger in the Macedonian lighthouse tree
  • Fixed not getting manpower from becoming an Oligarchy in the Carthaginian Bomilcar revolution tree
  • Made all Numidian inventions also available to the Fezzani
  • Fixed Carthaginian laws being available to Punics
  • Fixed a bunch of missing Deities for Hellenics
  • Removed flags being generated with wrong emblems
  • Continued Spanish/French translation
This looks awesome. Did that tweak to Scotland (to tidy up the line of the provinces so you could in effect have an "Antonine Wall" border in northern Britain) i suggested a while back ever come to anything?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Excellent timing, guys!

I'm just rounding up the "Pantheon of Heroes" challenge in Vermintide and felt like I could use a break from that game. A campaign, or four, in Imperator could be what I need now. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Minor bug report: Cotinian culture is localized as not capitalized. I have a few other mods running, but i doubt these would interact with culture loc.
1657654773075.png

I'm running the game in linux and ever since the last update, there seems to be some kind of memory leak. I have 8gb of RAM, which should be enough, but it keeps eating into my swap memory until the computer freezes. It also runs significantly slower than before (even before memory becomes an issue). Anyone else having issues? I'm not using any other mods.

I'm running the game in linux and ever since the last update, there seems to be some kind of memory leak. I have 8gb of RAM, which should be enough, but it keeps eating into my swap memory until the computer freezes. It also runs significantly slower than before (even before memory becomes an issue). Anyone else having issues? I'm not using any other mods.
There's a memory leak in the engine yeah. Nothing we can do to fix it, using virtual machines or software like Wine might work in your case.

Reactions:
I'm pretty slow with this but I haven't played Invictus for a while before latest patch. However I noticed that there's a new unit called "spearmen" that is in the mod now. And I was curious as to how spearmen related to hoplites and phalangites?

Reactions: