• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will anything be done at religious conversion at some point? This wasn't really a time of widespread religious conversion, but now in most games the whole middle-east is hellenistic after 100 to 150 years. They fixed cultural conversion nicely, that is going much slower and more realistic, while religious conversion is still extremely fast.

Reactions:
In one of my sillier runs, migrating an istvaeonic tribe to conquer the lands south of egypt, I noticed that Kush will be of the "Kushite Vassal" type, I thought that was for nations Kush would Vassalize?

Another thing I was wondering: Are you waiting for a certain ammount of stuff before you release a patch, or do you release once some major parts are done?
Since I am really looking forward to the Istvaeonic missions, I was wondering if there is a chance they would be released once done, or if I have to wait for the next content patch, which would include more than just that.

Regardless, I really enjoy the mod, so thank you and the team for your hard work! =)

Hi, gotta say I love the mod and the subtle but very good changes and additions all around, it truly feels like Imperator 2.5 or something.

A small bug, but it might be intended (i’m not sure): Playing Scythia, trying to complete the Colchis mission tree, a local province rebelled, and the mission tree disappeared and I couldn’t select it again. The specific province that rebelled was the one that had the Batumi territory in it. Again, this might simply be the way the game works, so sorry if it’s a known feature/bug.

Godspeed, thank you for your passion and work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, is it worth waiting for a nation of Jaxarts ,Massagets? the massagets were supposed to be in vanilla!
sorry for the drawing )

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (4)_LI.jpg
    Снимок экрана (4)_LI.jpg
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
Hey having great fun with the game. Been doing some research into israelite history and have some suggestions:
1) maybe there should be some kind of mechanic to represent the separation of Ethnarch and High Priest? Atm it's only that one is a title in the cabinet but the role in Judea was far closer to that of the Co-Consul or Co-Sophet. Maybe some system like Sparta's dual monarchy could work? Creating hereditary lines and such and whoever gets the high priest in the gov screen would be the automatic only choice for it in the cabinet? I don't know the code, don't know if its possible.
2) During the Hasmonean period Judea also had the Sanhedrin, which IG would work more like the republic system (although with two parties), again I dont know if that is possible to introduce with a monarchy but maybe it is worth looking at?
3) I feel like there should be something distinguishing between Judeans and Samaritans, their religions are similar enough to be the same in imperator's scope (which has Roman and Greek hellenism as a single faith) so maybe culture? I wouldn't know if the samaritans have any unique individuals to worship but it might be worth introducing that for flavour.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will anything be done at religious conversion at some point? This wasn't really a time of widespread religious conversion, but now in most games the whole middle-east is hellenistic after 100 to 150 years. They fixed cultural conversion nicely, that is going much slower and more realistic, while religious conversion is still extremely fast.
We'll be looking at it to see if we can rebalance it a bit
In one of my sillier runs, migrating an istvaeonic tribe to conquer the lands south of egypt, I noticed that Kush will be of the "Kushite Vassal" type, I thought that was for nations Kush would Vassalize?

Another thing I was wondering: Are you waiting for a certain ammount of stuff before you release a patch, or do you release once some major parts are done?
Since I am really looking forward to the Istvaeonic missions, I was wondering if there is a chance they would be released once done, or if I have to wait for the next content patch, which would include more than just that.

Regardless, I really enjoy the mod, so thank you and the team for your hard work! =)
The Kushite vassal is probably a bug. As for the Germanic content, we'll be releasing it in one big content update probably.
Hello, is it worth waiting for a nation of Jaxarts ,Massagets? the massagets were supposed to be in vanilla!
sorry for the drawing )
We have no immediate plans to add them and they won't appear on the map I think.

Reactions:
Hey having great fun with the game. Been doing some research into israelite history and have some suggestions:
1) maybe there should be some kind of mechanic to represent the separation of Ethnarch and High Priest? Atm it's only that one is a title in the cabinet but the role in Judea was far closer to that of the Co-Consul or Co-Sophet. Maybe some system like Sparta's dual monarchy could work? Creating hereditary lines and such and whoever gets the high priest in the gov screen would be the automatic only choice for it in the cabinet? I don't know the code, don't know if its possible.
If you finish the mission tree you should get that :)

Reactions:
Hello guys. How are antigonids currently, are they worth playing or other factions are more fleshed out?
Edit: btw in my current campaign maurya is so damn op like in vanilla. It would be great to see some solution for this

Last edited:
Hello guys. How are antigonids currently, are they worth playing or other factions are more fleshed out?
Edit: btw in my current campaign maurya is so damn op like in vanilla. It would be great to see some solution for this
You'll enjoy next DD then ;D
Macedon is the most fleshed out, then Egypt, Antigonids aren't made to win yet.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
- Made AI Rome smarter, better and scarier
That one deserves to be extra-emphasized - and I really like how it plays out. Rome is slowly but steadily rolling over the map and it took a different course in my game compared to the "HRE-route" you still often see in an unmodded game: First south, then targeting Illyria, interrupted by a first war vs. Etruscia, then Greece/Macedonia/Antigonids and right before the I took the screenshot a war vs. Veneto and the rest of Etruria (they even took over the Corsican parts of Etruria - something the regularly fail eith in vanilla):

ExpansionOfRome.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
The problem comes because my ruling dynasty is continually coming out of the darkness and returning to it. So families are created that later become minor characters and the Lagida family comes out again (with other members of the different family), etc ..., and so it repeats itself. Does anyone know why this could happen?
I'm with the same problem anymore and playing with Bactria after hours of campaigning one of the last missions of the first tree allows me to Eucratides assume the throne after I accept the family is emerging and falling into obscurity in an infinite loop, killing my characters loyalty causing civil war after 2 civil wars caused by this bug i was forced to abandon my campaign this is extremely frustrating :mad:

Another thing I noticed is that even though Diodotus appeared in Bactria he never takes the throne like he does in Vanilla Game.

Seriously if this bug is too complicated to solve it's better to take out the Bactria mission Tree as it is very annoying you spend hours in a Tree Mission that requires a lot of gold expenditure and political influence to in the end lose everything to a bug

Here is the image of the event that trapped me in an infinite loop.
Imperator  Rome Screenshot 2021.11.20 - 22.25.41.43.pngImperator  Rome Screenshot 2021.11.20 - 22.26.03.30.png

Reactions:
I'm with the same problem anymore and playing with Bactria after hours of campaigning one of the last missions of the first tree allows me to Eucratides assume the throne after I accept the family is emerging and falling into obscurity in an infinite loop, killing my characters loyalty causing civil war after 2 civil wars caused by this bug i was forced to abandon my campaign this is extremely frustrating :mad:

Another thing I noticed is that even though Diodotus appeared in Bactria he never takes the throne like he does in Vanilla Game.

Seriously if this bug is too complicated to solve it's better to take out the Bactria mission Tree as it is very annoying you spend hours in a Tree Mission that requires a lot of gold expenditure and political influence to in the end lose everything to a bug

Here is the image of the event that trapped me in an infinite loop.
View attachment 775845View attachment 775847
We do mention on the workshop page that in essence, the mission tree is broken and being reworked. It's an annoying bug though which we are trying to fix.

Reactions:
We'll be looking at it to see if we can rebalance it a bit

If I may put forward a suggestion. There is this invention in the religious tree called "major syncretism", basically what almost every single religion did back in this age. It reduces religious conversion with -90% but increasing unintegrated culture group happiness and omen power. What if this was the standard option albeit weaker and religious conversion (with new bonusses) was the invention? To me it would sound much more logical and also fit the timeframe better.

• 3Like
Reactions:
DD28: Mauryan (collapse) Rework
Dev Diary 28: Mauryan (collapse) Rework

Salvete!
Today we'll be talking about a rework to Maurya and its collapse.

Hello all, Dementive here with a look into the future of Maurya and India in Invictus. In Vanilla, Maurya is an unstoppable monstrosity and regularly dominates India nearly every game with very little meaningful opposition. This is pretty boring and makes playing in and around India a nightmare, as you’ll have the hulking Mauryan mass to worry about at all times. As a player, Maurya is debatably the most boring tag in the whole game because of how easy it is. It’s like playing Ming in EU4, which is about as fun as watching paint dry.

To make Maurya more fun and gameplay more historically accurate, an event chain called “Mauryan Collapse” and multiple other Mauryan flavor events have been added. The events will essentially ensure that Ashoka eventually becomes the ruler of Maurya in roughly the way he did historically. Once Ashoka dies the Mauryan collapse event chain will begin:
3E3Y4boxZf26Q-7Qg_ITPFIde7mjdmJnXeJli146fXAEmSyGcRp5e1jDBUsWUsGat61mfdCrwRrFjWwIN54PYEjvgRwI93mSTTSXD5eC53DH8jaZ6h_YjzOFWRcCWI-dEftZRkuA

The vanilla Mauryan decline heritage is now given through this event and can be removed later on. About 2 years after this event fires. Maurya will get an event called “Deccan Disunity” and the Satavahana dynasty and the Kalinga kingdom will declare independence.
jk7TNQ-EKP4hi17To_7VjppatukddM20DGPGTs1V1Cdwf9ITL_TOsIcDC7-nokVbKhKpJbKDzMoXdtGeeBm80DfEluU9N5TONUyfKFJ5CSSt8MEXWEO-MRJVz-e1GAZvysVfmsGf

This event can occur in a few ways: Kalinga and Satavahana might declare war on Maurya as soon as it fires, or Maurya might get an option to declare a truce or try to reconquest immediately.
oeD80bhWv-LoWBq58wGAnvT0jsz9FkpBkLYF8qnr0D40GaoN7RPw5aKzsOf66Ry_LEvnmwY8muoMWKit6zxLgD71YjwvBWOVTj6dwvLBuhy2H3OJHuWjqeYRanqA9Amb3qF6SyK8

Additionally, they may not declare independence at the same time but other times they will, giving the event a lot of variation from game to game.

The next event in the chain is the “Indo-Greek coalition” which will fire approximately 2-4 years after the Deccan Disunity event.
3-bwpP1nz1530tcfa6g1kOdvHe7F8YOv_BLGu2MAzx2kUesAsuEXyJW1pGRd7NkLFiPVGeV4pmkN7vUIJbmZgQ_J2OVlJ0-7v92BGc1fAYLD64k1ej5ZRPp12kotXQJbI80IN2g8

Up to five Indo-Greek Kings will declare themselves independent from Mauryan rule in the Punjab region and may temporarily ally with each other to fight off Maurya. The Mauryan player will have the option to declare war and retake the lands immediately or establish a 10 year truce. Everytime the event fires, the strength of the Indo-Greek coalition will vary from the last time, so this event can result in a variety of map states.

The final event in the chain is the “Shunga rebellion”. Historically, when the Shunga dynasty rebelled against Mauryan rule, they put an end to the Mauryan empire and established their own dynasty that ruled in their place. If the Shunga rebellion occurs, it is likely over for Maurya.

LQyjFbRqyISYmNQDGp54u-ZrrhL74LCzd38gy1E4iN9eujoQlzupjEtNwG2ayw1K_tfcjQnKtbX_rw1fi5C2wI7tLGCA4Su4U5PyHf7PB6yh6M-HF_3j3OkrYElAQN4smGANMCpJ

Mauryan Collapse Wargoal: A new wargoal has been made that is available to all countries that border Maurya after the death of Ashoka. The AI and the player can and will declare war on Maurya with this wargoal if they see them as weak.
uM6WoQ4F9C-QcO3z7vPCG8SlD2hkgGLFyJNr_jAhsgmpPdzSxoDmlcOfgRvgkax_b04v26_9f2IXTM7zPl4970H9qgRZFSl0izG6xZKV40wIoNc66VnirXJF5bfUj2Q5hmGQBYmA

We do realize that this event chain is more “historically railroaded” than most events in the game. However, we felt it was necessary to have a big scripted disaster for Maurya to make gameplay as and around them interesting as possible. A lot of testing is still needed to get the event chain just right so this may not be the final version you see in release.

Now you might ask yourself, “what if I'm playing Maurya and I don’t want to collapse?” Well too bad, you’re gonna collapse...just joking; a new mission tree has been made that becomes available when Ashoka is the ruler of Maurya that will allow you to prevent the collapse event chain. However, this mission tree will be failed if it is not completed before the death of Ashoka and then collapse will become inevitable.
Here is a quick look at the tree and some of the tasks:
1dSgScCL9lK2Syexhh8EeRm7RdJRjI83Ads0yVvcwHN1jJtnHKFef13NUFZQf6IBGVSxngXFxvIqjP04iyDwvy44Gci42lvEgxODsV7FIEJCE_MKjQyHe3oCl_u1fkGbhzl3ZnPe

q2eVNJw3TYnQ7ywYfOlXGRgzKFauODRycuWxJjWxQy93uCdvnnRs4WLC3OI4Gy1pmzdORueb3Xtnpgd783U2PxeMYQBgVcD4yIw7uAojzAVYW4Hgdayh592wCtmikb-hagMV9NMw

v4-SrfpF5uR7Nv0YlMqWxl_oBK0dP33F3KFZ5BGUyT6YcdA7BwdjTz8QC8C8aB4DtUP3PtrvGTTXBVfSt-FT1u9SzkrNLU5EG8KeWJysQX1hdN2dXH6cMBDjXCPHSJflAaaTh6U_

b3xSW974UNl8RARAjimlRQ-X77B7IX1RFa-USTbJ6G3-fkjSOVRU82D6aYWq2GNOV6vE-KEWt0cWD08XHV4CLCzdugIOiRyGajPbDOiCrxY9u7EXxljfHWJM0hXsJd_LcAu423Gz

22_f00QUb1ArN6U52y5P_bvAojwXYWkDmqcJmGT995lTbQ7NHJZ6Qzc6H2qiObq49au4qXSB-O1uZleFNhucbNZYbdoH5sEm6mpiMe2AWxCdLwYNqV9KSNXZ0NEvfRmQ5Av6LxV5

***Keep in mind these modifiers, triggers, and effects may be changed***

This mission tree will be pretty hard to complete before Ashoka dies, so it’s a race against the clock to finish up the mission tasks in order to prevent looming collapse. With these changes, our hope is that Maurya will no longer be an overwhelming easy and stale tag to play and will actually be a bit of a challenge now.

Other things in India:
The Hindu caste laws and accompanying decisions made by Dustin for HMO have been integrated into Invictus and slightly adapted. These are available for all countries that are Hindu, Buddhist, or Jain religions. Each religion has a unique set of laws which give unique bonuses.
VaJjRkq6BPNCl6m41Yc8j5AwFi2P9VZic41QEiz84t8tfuLGMLx1XkNuxzKsoj4IbjerFopYTMlxCsU5BgikUFpWJCnLd38e4BZFx9tJ26TwSv-EMHjljdVDe1xxbgbnrEn8rCqw

Here is a look at the Hindu laws:
XU0o0Fy-zl0wHigzEjP8I_qgWRiYDdBNZ_4iA-lvKahxvxwLzNxyoJpgclJzfYaY93WsS5rGfiVB59h80hZAW-Dx9VGRsrGctnDCWNdhcldipHnpzGPbqLymZxityp79fDJhVQ_6

BB7wC2n81rVo0kUyfd8JZISRqzvgtpglnps4lpq3F0akiyPK1vz9nK3JWgO-t_anRTxZW6DzvAFzTVSkfDSAdRjTnPWM5lOarruU6ypclouZUfRHr49TK0foEm5hzSE4Cw3lUIMk

lzbqyul6Ze8m-d3vfvqV2nOpQo3EZl9PenVjkVsOmczl5J-2cFUehX2MYssZ9fQCjNT3EOUu69UbFNcRMc_kRSM-zIvhf-OXTCiHYUqch4Bel_vjpGx6c7bWTC4mbDlYs81_ncG7

T3nYQx7-kla53g8kXc2hWDySx2XwIqVRsluIUMnf7AZ2XRyHR_x7CPp9JV6aPQLzCV-pIAciwewE-YiSfW5lCtWE8Ln0B25a2_rHJROW8nAu4itL558lcU-52nOBahazN6Vq3eib

To unlock these laws 3 new decisions were made for each progression of the laws, here is one of them:
WqRlp9csI2wt9vvsfamwZ06YyTqtgcOLOUpQVxkRgLP51NexxeitEHmmbRzg2j6aCAAKhTt0xaiVFlBts3oPyXhzLCn8374zD40riSelMb0h8JzufQM2F-dOipxUqyy2Rq2GKoX_

Trade Good:
A new trade good has also been created that is present in very small amounts in India: Sugar.
Sugar is only present in 3 provinces at game start, but it will play a big role in some Indian mission trees and events moving forward.
QNtIJaCkT9SDuoIq-zZO9HhPArISjirn0DYaZNTWQ5Bk4PGs7FTRkl4qyc46CCOl2s135REImctY2HT1gia472QB9wluNo7RcpaSD92aYDdu8PsZL-beA7XDVdx5pF_VENIFXQNs

---Now back to Snowlet:
We promised more beautiful backgrounds for this DD but we’ll keep them for next DD instead along with a new mechanic as our planning has been slightly altered. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the DD as I know many of you have been waiting for Maurya.

Also for those who may have missed, the new Age of Iron mod is out and worth checking out, it’s made by a lone dev on a vanilla map but an iron age setting: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2660002180

• 25Like
  • 8Love
Reactions:
Fast turning into a true classic mod for the Roman era, if it isn't already!

There's so many small changes from Vanilla that are required it's hard to mention them all.

Could you guys do anything about reducing the impact of AE on other nations opinion around you? It's fine for nations of 'equal' or greater power than you to lose opinion of high AE but its annoying when small nations get annoyed at you expanding quickly and then not accepting vassalage at all but instead choosing war as the only viable method of expansion.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is going to be amazing! I was hoping that someone would set the Maurya collapse in motion and you surpassed all expectations.
Are there plans for something similar for a Seleucid or Seleucid-adjacent empire? In my last playthroughs they've always remained massive and healthy

• 2Like
Reactions: