• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just curious so I feel that I need to ask. But with the latest patch and the increase in possible tag numbers, could we be looking at more, I presumbe forable, tags being added in the mod?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just curious so I feel that I need to ask. But with the latest patch and the increase in possible tag numbers, could we be looking at more, I presumbe forable, tags being added in the mod?
I don't have the impression that we limited the formable tags. The biggest consumption of the tag limit were revolts and civil wars (every time a country gets spawns).

Reactions:
Been having some great campaigns with Invictus again recently, this mod is incredible. Are there any plans for future missions for Parthia? I think they perform better in Invictus than in Vanilla but they still don't ever replace the Seleukids in any of my runs and when I enter diplomacy mapmode I notice they don't have any claims on the seleukids either, I'd love to see them have a mission tree for this one day

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hi all,

The Atropatene mission "Median Highway" seems to be bugged.
I'm stuck at 15/20 foundry's built (despite having actually built far more than 20).
Also, I went into the mod files and it doesn't look like the corresponding event (me_atropatene.25) is actually in the relevant event .txt file?

DD70: Largest Dev Diary in PDX history + 1.6 Release date
Dev Diary 70: Largest Dev Diary in PDX history + 1.6 Release date

Salvete!
Today we have assembled for you the largest Dev Diary in the history of Paradox games (if i'm wrong DM/reply to me and i'll edit this to link to the one true victor).
We have a variety of subjects for you today including but not limited to, in order:
- Patch notes
- Arabian map rework
- Steppe map rework
- Indian area expansion
- New impassables in Iberia, North-Africa and India
- Dumnonian mission tree
- Eburonian mission tree
- Fezzani mission tree rework
- Tasm mission trees (2)
- Germania formable
- Cappadocian mission tree
- Antigonid mission tree expansion
- Pauravan mission tree
- Armenian religious rework
- New Natic religion (in Burma)
- More generic events

Now before I hand you over to my fellow devs, I have several things to say, first of which is an announcement; the 1.6 Pantheion update will release on the 5th of May:
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2532715348
Our Discord: https://discord.gg/5K9fd3qSjx
Paradox mods: https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/27170/Any

V1.6 - Pantheion (new save needed)
New/expanded mission trees:
- 2 mission trees for Tasm
- Large tree for Cappadocia with many paths
- Large tree for Paurava
- Large tree for Nabatea
- Regional tree for Odrysia
- Regional tree for Dumnonia
- Regional tree for Iberia (the Caucasian country)
- Regional tree for Eburonia
- Regional piracy tree for Illyrians
- Expanded Antigonid's first mission tree
- Expanded Hellenistic empire mission tree
- Expanded later Macedonian mission trees
- Reworked Fezzani missions
- Reworked Numidian missions
- Minor rework to Bactrian and Indo-Greek kingdom missions
- Slightly reworked most of the Germanic mission trees

Map changes:
- Reworked and Expanded Arabia: new South Arabian culture group, interior passage and more
- Reworked and Expanded the Steppes: new cultures, tags and a larger map
- Reworked and Expanded India: 3 new areas, 3 new religions and a new tag setup in Central-India
- Added minority and enslaved pops around the world
- Added many new impassables to Iberia, North-Africa and India
- Added several new navigable rivers
- Added Steppes terrain type (increased movement speed, decreased population capacity)
- Added 150+ deities to every religion around the world
- Added 5 new religions, Illyric, Natic, Agamic, Ajivika and Anahitic
- Hindu has been split up into Agamic and Vedic
- Added new map models to Burma
- Updated regions setup

Added content:
- Added 200~ generic events
- Added 30~ events for specific religions
- Regional rebellions will no longer cost more than 100 warscore to retake, they'll have larger levies and be consolidated into one country
- Tribes will no longer just collapse, instead they'll turn very aggressive for several decades before finally collapsing into Regions instead of Areas
- Reworked all levy templates to make historical sense, account for military traditions and make AI more intelligent in their usage
- Implemented Crownsteler's Coat of Arms
- Added dozens of new event pictures
- Added dozens of new icons
- Added a dozen heritages mainly in Illyria
- Added new gamerules: toggleable Galatian invasion/regional rebellions/Mauryan Collapse and Seasonal food, also option for extremely aggresive meme-ai
- Integrated and adapted More Character Traits mod
- Added Arabia, Odrysian Kingdom and Germania as formables
- Added Gallus decision to Cybelene countries
- Added Persian decision to rebuild Persepolis
- Added cult decision to Illyrians
- Added predefined characters to a number of countries

Changes:
- Improved performance due to new 2.0.4 debugging tools
- Deity GUI now shows deity description when hovering
- Removed custom achievement system since 2.0.4 will allow vanilla achievements
- Aqueducts now additionally give 1 civ cap
- Indian caste laws disabled for AI as they can't handle it
- Nerfed a lot of broken modifiers
- Made Parthia more likely to form
- Dahae is now a tier 2 formable instead of tier 3
- Archers have slightly lower maneouver than cavalry now
- Chariots have higher maneouver than infantry now
- Heavy infantry do less damage to spearmen, but take 5% less damage in general
- Light Infantry have a lesser penalty against Heavy Cavalry and Horse Archers
- Spearmen do slightly more damage against Light Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Horse Archers and Chariots
- Improved AI's budgeting skills
- Tweaked AI's diplomatic acceptance values
- AI now accounts for the Levy size modifier
- Improved general AI's ability to declare war
- AI won't go bankrupt when they get spawned units
- AI is slightly better at choosing governor policies
- Improved Carthaginian's AI ability to navigate its missions
- Improved Rome's ability to expand into Gaul
- Made Roman/Dictatorial civil war less likely to crash the game
- New traits are now accounted for in AI decision making
- Improved religious holy site triggers in generic missions
- Added centralization to Steppe Horde government type
- Caucasian culture group now has access to Anatolian/Armenian traditions
- Greek traditions now give more Spearmen bonuses instead of boosting Archers
- Iberian traditions now give Light Infantry bonuses instead of boosting Archers
- Iberian traditions now have bigger Heavy Cavalry bonuses
- Celtic traditions now give Spearmen instead of Heavy infantry bonuses
- Nabatea now has access to Arabian traditions
- Nerfed Nubian archer traditions
- Occidental culture group now has custom Graphics group (combining several models)
- Egyptian AI now accounts for new Cyrenaican content if a player is on it
- Updated tooltips and minor effects in Judean tree
- Ashoka dying should now trigger the collapse instantly instead of having to wait for a yearly tick
- Ptolemaic Kingdom now has access to Pharoah trait
- Updated tradegood triggers so valuable goods now won't get replaced, and all food tradegoods now actually are ones that give food
- Updated a number of province names
- Updated console GUI with QOL features
- Updated Government GUI with QOL features
- Updated Portrait Editor with QOL features
- Updated techonology view GUI to show relevant traits
- Updated localization files
- Expanded French, Spanish and German translations

Bugfixes:
- Cleared the error log
- In doing the above, fixed many tiny errors not worth noting
- Fixed naval raiding not being unlocked for various countries
- Fixed broken treasure icons
- Fixed a dozen of broken unit models
- Spreading tradegoods by decision no longer replaces other high-value trade goods
- Switching countries using scripted effect will now account for the Noble levies law
- Fixed custom distinctions being untriggerable
- Fixed several broken Macedonian mission tasks
- Fixed several broken Cyrenaican mission tasks
- Fixed several broken Gymnaesian mission tasks
- Fixed a number of small bugs with Cyrenaican mission trees
- Pu culture group now has access to Indian traditions
- Fixed a broken Berber tradition
- Bactria no longer has access to Scythian traditions
- Slave wonder effect now properly gives 20% slave output
- Pyramids now properly give political influence modifier
- Updated atropatene localization file to be more readable
- Removed duplicate manpower entry in Barracks building
- Fixed broken sogdian emporium modifier
- Consolidated some NOT OR triggers into NOR
- Properly indented a bunch of files

Now, about the very exciting elephant in the room. The 2.0.4 beta patch has allowed us to make several performance improvements, the update is also fully compatible with both the release version of the mod and the upcoming update and I just which to say thank you to everyone at Paradox who helped in releasing it, especially: PDX_Gorion for doing the work, Johan for helping and initially releasing this great game and PDXKatten for acting as Community Manager for this update.
(Also for those of you who missed it, you will be able to get achievements using Mods in an upcoming iteration of the Beta patch.)

But as exciting as the update has been, it's now time to talk about the mod again. I'll begin with the work me and OmegaCorps have done on levy templates. For this update we've gone through and updated every single levy template to make them more historical, more fitting with military traditions and make AI more capable at fighing. That was my part, now i'll hand you over to Shocky27.

Hello all! Shocky27 here once again with some various map expansions - 2 major expansions in Arabia and Steppe, and some minor expansions in India. Let’s first take a look at an Arabia before and after:
1682968781851.png
1682968781920.png

As you can see in the above photos, we have added several new playable tags and provinces through the central portion of Arabia where previously you could not cross. Let’s start in the north, where the oasis city of Jubbah has been added, Qedar has been given a new province of Sakkala to the northeast, and some new provinces added in the interior section of Thamud. Most of the added provinces here in the north are left as colonizable oasis and highland areas, which leads through an uncolonizable section to the center of the peninsula.
1682968781992.png

In the center of Arabia lay two storied ancient tribes of Arabia - Tasm and Jadis. Mentioned as extinct tribes of Arabia in the Quran, they are thought to have been located around the al-Kharj oasis near modern Riyadh. Their placements are based on Iron Age archaeological finds in the Ain-Dila area for Tasm and the Layla pottery tradition to the south for Jadis. Zorgoball will introduce some fun new content for these tribes later in the diary.
1682968782062.png

Moving over to the Gerrha area, several new provinces have been added and some broken up to increase province density. Overall, Gerrha has been a major buff to its starting position. Maka has shifted westward to only encompass finds of the “Late Pre-Islamic” cultural tradition of the UAE, with major sites such as Saruq and Dur. The area of eastern Oman is now inhabited by a totally separate culture known as Samad - an Iron Age tradition that began around the time of the start of the game (likely immigrants from southern Arabia based on pottery). The next screenshots will take you around the periphery of the peninsula so you can get a sneak peek at what has been added to the various regions - the sharp-eyed will notice the new federated tribe tag of Samad in the west and the settled tribe of ‘Aad in the south. Aad is yet another tribe mentioned in the Quran as an extinct Arabian tribe, and we have created new provinces in the south near the Shisr oasis, where there lost oasis city of Ubar or Iram can be found, which we have identified with the Aad.
1682968782139.png
1682968782203.png
1682968782267.png
1682968782332.png

As mentioned, Arabia was not the only region to receive some extensive reworks, so why don’t we continue exploring? We will now leave the deserts for the northern steppe, where rumors of invading barbarians have set the region on edge. Certain tags, like Aorsia, have had their holdings increased, and when combined with the new tribal AI rework that 1.6 is adding, this reimagined region will feel fresh and dangerous - the civilized nations should be quite nervous about invading steppe armies. We will look at a before and after pic of the general area before focusing on some details.
1682968782401.png
1682968782475.png
1682968782551.png
1682968782631.png
1682969051224.png

The picture above reveals that steppe terrain has been added to appropriate areas in Invictus, it's unique in that you can sustain very few pops in the steppes but you have a large increase to movement speed.
Moving on to India, you will see that the Indus River has been extended north, thanks to the efforts of the incomparable Licarious. As a matter of fact, a bunch of rivers have been reworked/been extended, including the Nile up to the first cataract - we shall leave a few surprises for your fleets to discover.

New areas in India have also been added - new provinces have been created and carved out of old ones on the Indus River, reflecting where the Mallian peoples and their cities were (from Alexander's famous conquests). We've also added several provinces between Kalinga and Maurya to reflect the peoples who lived in these areas and give Kalinga a bit of a boost.
1682969080346.png
1682969080453.png
1682969080553.png
1682969080654.png

One of the last things we will look at are some mountain ranges that have been added to various corners of the world. The Iberian peninsula has received a few new mountains and so has Carthage, which will not only increase the defensibility of the areas, but will force a change in military tactics. You can expect the same in India and in Sri Lanka as well. A few more pics before I hand the baton over to Zorgoball so he can start showing some missions!
1682969080766.png
1682969080856.png

1682969080939.png
1682969081019.png

Salutations, it is Zorgoball, here to blow your minds with what will undoubtedly be the largest contribution to a DD I will ever make. We have a TON of new mission trees to look at today, so instead of taking time to make clever introductions, we are diving in head first. Our first stop on today’s international tour will be Dumnonia, where you will be charged with helping the tribesmen that live in the Tamar Valley grow their kingdom. The mission, with 18 tasks and as many events;
1682969132952.png

Dumnonia starts the game in an interesting predicament of sorts; known for keeping to themselves, they have quietly watched as the neighboring tribes of Durotriga and Dobunnia encroached on their land. Your initial task “Reclaiming Our Province” will see your claims prepared for a small regional war, although it might be best if you keep an eye on your rebellious Tribal Chieftains. Once your peace-loving kinsmen get a taste for war and glory, you might have a hard time restraining them…
1682969132993.png
1682969133037.png

At first, you will only seek to expand your holdings along the hinterlands, but over time, the idea that something greater can be achieved - the formation of Pritania - will guide your people in the days to come. While you are busy battling for your new nation, you will also be tasked with improving your infrastructure back home.There are valuable tin mines in the province of Dumnonia that are begging to be exploited, for example, especially because the Aremorican and even Carthaginian traders that visit your ports are desperate for the base metal and are willing to pay exorbitant prices. There will even be opportunities to expand your trade networks with the Aremoricans in particular.
1682969133067.png
1682969133110.png

As your borders grow and your economic situation improves, there will be a concerted effort to build throughout the nation; cities, ports, farms and fisheries - you have need of it all! Unfortunately, our Aremorican trading partners might get irritated at us for trawling the same waters that they do, so it would be wise to prepare for conflicts…the local sea might not be large enough to support two growing nations.
1682969164836.png
1682969164866.png
1682969164896.png
1682969164936.png

Let’s return to domestic matters, though, and look at a few event chains. Once you are in possession of the province of Aquae Sulis, you will be tasked with constructing a holy site in the province for the pilgrims that come to take the healing waters. And once Stonehenge is safely within Dumnonian hands, you can request that the Druids on the mainland pay your thriving nation a visit in order to give you their blessings.
1682969164970.png

1682969165002.png

The Dumnonians observed rituals that were rooted in Bronze Age traditions, but your country has not properly celebrated within recent memory - but this will change. Once you are in the position to do so, your ruler will have the ability to reinstate the Harvest Festival, which will take place every twenty years. Be sure to have enough food and drink on hand for the congregants, for your reputation for Dumnonian hospitality is something you should aspire to keep!
1682969200123.png

One would assume that, after you have led your triumphant levies to the far north and have conquered your neighbors and formed Pritania, your Tribal Chieftains would respect what you have done for the nation. Yet the infighting that has plagued your people since you first tasted victory will rear its ugly head, and your kinsmen will embrace their new roles as opposition in the Pritanic Federated Tribe with gusto. It remains to be seen how your Chief Magistrate will respond to the lies and slander being thrown about in your Council Meetings, however…
1682969200186.png

Let us leave the Dumnonians to their War of Unification and cross the Mare Germanicum, where we see a similar situation playing out in the east…it seems that the fierce Eburones are attempting to unify Belgae at the same time that the Dumnonians are chasing the dream of Pritania. In a mission tree collaboration between yours truly and Snowlet, you’ll have sixteen tasks and events to help the “Bravest of the Gauls!” create the mighty nation of Belgae.
1682969200222.png
1682969200274.png

As you can see, the Tribal Chief has big plans for the region, but this won’t be the same kind of war that you are used to fighting. Considering how warlike and savage the Eburones and Belgic tribes are, there won’t be too much time spent on the pleasantries of court. During your initial campaign to conquer your neighboring tribes, you’ll have access to a special event chain that allows you to send an ultimatum to the targeted region - submit peacefully or be destroyed! Let’s see how the “Southern Strategy” plays out, as it is different every time.
1682969200320.png
1682969200363.png

Some regions will break with their neighbors and submit as vassals, whereas others will hedge their bets and stand up against you, sending you to war immediately.
1682969241121.png

Word will rapidly spread through the region about what your leader is up to, and as you consolidate more and more tribes under your own banner, you will be visited by a local hero that wishes to fight in your name. And yes, it is exactly who you think it is.
1682969241173.png

There will be no respite from the wars if that's what you wish, but there are incentives for you to rest for a campaign season and build up your new territories. Do be mindful of some of the side tasks that require peace so that your workers might labor unhindered by the threat of battle.
1682969241205.png

Investments at home leads to growth abroad, and as you build up trade opportunities, particularly with your Britannic neighbors across the sea, you will lead your people out of the forests and into a new era as you claim a new area on the coasts - your new international connections necessitate these changes in circumstance, after all. Don’t fret, though, because you won’t abandon your traditional home entirely, but will instead pour the resources of the Eburonian state into making it a proper city.
1682969288337.png
1682969288391.png
1682969288421.png

As your people get more comfortable with their new life at sea, you could learn a thing or two from the established pirates that live nearby - there are benefits if the both of you can work together.
1682969288454.png

Please keep in mind that an effective leader of the Belgic tribes will have to demonstrate their skill with arms, especially when it comes to their enemies - there are many scores to settle among these contentious people, and blood feuds are no rarity.
1682969288487.png

War will inevitably resume, but you will have a new capital to take care of, as well as specialized goods in your local workshops that you should focus on making. Britannic trade will thrive under your careful stewardship, increasing your tax incomes and expanding your influence at home.
1682969288515.png

If you are expecting a conquest tree without twists and turns towards the end, however, then you will be disappointed - needless to say, there remains some excitement beyond simply uniting the Belgae, but you will have to wait and see exactly what happens for yourself. No spoilers yet! Time to redact some localization, as a matter of fact…
1682969342623.png

So, as we are traveling south to the land of the next tree(s), let me ask you - in addition to the brand new missions that we have been working on, were you expecting completely reworked content on top of this? Because that’s what you are going to get with the brand new Fezzani trees, all thanks to the most excellent and hardworking dev Aerozona.
There are SIX countries that now have access to the amazing “A Desert Paradise” tree, and while they will share some tasks, each one of the tags - Phazania, Makae, Garamantia, Machyllia, Nasamonia and Psyllia - will have their own unique missions to complete. Let’s take a look at a few of the trees to see the variety available, and keep in mind that each task has an event/event chain.
1682969342664.png
1682969342704.png
1682969342748.png

Let’s poke around the first tree shown, which is for Garamantia, so you can have an idea of what sort of tasks await. You will have to contend with the other Fezzani tribes as you each strive towards the same thing - creating the formable nation of Fezzan - but there are many avenues to explore as you get working on this admirable goal. As an initial step, the ambitious Garamantic Tribal Chief will have to consolidate power before beginning to plot and plan.
1682969342776.png
1682969342840.png

An experienced ruler like Mastanabal will make sure that all strategic territories are properly fortified, as the idea is to sack the city of your enemies and not have the same happen to you.
1682969342873.png

If you decide to keep a defeated tribe as a subject, there will be military benefits to the both of you, so maybe think twice before you annex every one of your neighbors.
1682969342909.png

Considering that these tribes dwell in difficult desert terrain, it should come as no surprise that the most valuable territories in the entire region, like the productive Mines of Phazania and Makae, will be hotly contested. Much tribal blood will be shed over determining who owns the gold and silver buried within the mountains.
1682969399117.png
1682969399144.png

If you think that your established neighbors, like the mighty Carthaginians to the west and the Greek settlers on the coasts, are going to ignore you while you slowly consolidate power, then you are in for a rude awakening. Tread carefully with how you deal with these event chains, but don’t be afraid to strike when the time is right, if that’s what it comes to.
1682969399191.png
1682969399247.png

Once you created Fezzan, there are a few exciting rewards waiting for you, including some powerful modifiers that will underscore your reputation as being the fiercest desert fighters in the region. Woe betide the enemy army that encounters your roving warriors in the wastelands that you call home!
1682969399268.png

Speaking of deserts, why don’t we head over to the brilliant extension of Arabia that Shocky27 has worked on and take a look at the two mission trees for the new tag of Tasm? During the game’s time period, the tribes of Tasm and Jadis were utterly destroyed by their neighbors, but you have a chance to change history and save your nation.
1682969399300.png
1682969399337.png
1682969399378.png

The coasts of the Arabian Peninsula belong to powerful monarchies and squabbling Republics, but the vast expanses of the interior are the plaything of the tribes that live there. When your leader has decided that the time for expansion has arrived, “A Call From The Desert” will go out to your kinsmen, asking them to gather in your capital for the long days to come.
1682969399414.png
1682969399459.png

There are plenty of conquest tasks and beneficial province modifiers you will accumulate, so let’s look at some of the more unique tasks for your Arabian adventure. Your resources are limited, so be careful with how you decide to move forward - should your precious manpower be used for the erupting conflict with Gerrha, who is resisting your efforts to spread into a province that you both share, or should you send your fighting men into the uncolonized wastelands to your north so that they can claim the land? Not everyone in the tribe can agree to the same thing, so it will remain for your leader to make the final decision. Your enemies are strong, but no one knows the deserts like your tribesmen, and you have just enough gumption in you to accomplish great things as long as you can work together.
1682969399503.png
1682969399563.png

Tasm has few friends at game start, but there is a connection with the tribe of Jadis to your south that will play out in a portentous event chain. All that I am willing to say is that you will have a meeting with the famous ruler of the Jadis tribe, the legendary blue-eyed seeress Zarqa al-Yamama, whose kohl-streaked eyelids are said to be able to peer into the future…
1682969451257.png
1682969451293.png

Over time, you can expect to conquer the routes leading into the heart of your territory, making sure that any invading army hoping to siege down your capital will have a long, difficult slog ahead of them.
1682969451327.png
1682969451371.png

Your armies will eventually achieve the impossible - evicting the powerful Gerrhans from their fortified towns - and there will be some in your nation that will seek to move your capital to one of the recently-conquered cities that you have taken. There are certainly benefits to moving the seat of power, but your tribesmen will be unhappy if you abandon the hills where their grandfathers are buried.
1682969451447.png

If you are somehow able to capture the wealthy island of Tylos, you will be able to use its resources to build a luxurious new section of the city.
1682969451491.png
1682969451522.png

Before long, you will have spread from the center of the peninsula to encompass everyone around you; here’s a look at the territory that you will conquer by the end of the first tree.
1682969451571.png

The second tree for Tasm is smaller but has some fun tasks, so here we go!
1682969451604.png

Your ruler, obsessed with the quest for security due to events that happen in the first tree, will open up the second by establishing the “Three Fists” - fortified cities that will ensure complete control leading into Arabia proper. Luckily for you, the renowned architects that have been busy working on your capital will become available to send throughout your nation...that is, if you can afford them.
1682969451643.png
1682969451684.png

At this point, Tasm is large enough to demand things from its neighbors, like the submission of the island of Soqotra.
1682969482181.png
1682969482241.png

If you are able to increase the production of the rare trade goods that you have been blessed with, your friends in Soqotra will help you establish economic contacts with India.
1682969482280.png
1682969482325.png

You can expect conflicts in all directions, because naturally your neighbors the Seleukids and the Ptolemies will not appreciate any funny business going on in their backyards.
1682969482377.png
1682969482435.png

If you are lucky, then the mission task “Steppe Horses In The Desert” will see you successfully breed a local variety that will be of great use to your Nubian Military traditions! The outcome is random however, so best of luck - nothing is guaranteed in the land of Tasm.
1682969482470.png

The last event chain that we will look at is one of my personal favorites, as well as a salute to an Invictus dev (Olivenkranz) who has also put in a tremendous amount of work on the Bronze Age Reborn mod for Imperator. He has also added a hefty amount of new missions and tasks for the Antigonid Kingdom and the Hellenistic Empire (more on those below) - can you believe how many missions we’ve added?! But I digress...

Under the right circumstances, your ruler will be able to investigate a rumored archaeological site on a small island and maybe even discover a treasure from the Bronze Age?!
1682969554028.png
1682969554080.png
1682969554145.png
1682969554178.png
1682969554207.png

Oh, and special thanks to Shinymewtwo99 for the new flags and new formables you'll get to have fun creating. And if a Scandian nation forms Germania, you'll have a slightly different color, so that's pretty cool.
1682969554298.png
1682969554357.png

1682969554447.png

Well, that's about it as far as mission tree content goes, so that’s it from me…just kidding, we have only scratched the surface of what you're getting in 1.6 from the Invictus team. Do you want to see what the exciting new tree for CAPPADOCIA that OmegaCorps designed and that Olivenkranz scripted, with help from multiple devs for loc? Of course you do.
1682969554482.png

This tree is expansive and diverse, with four different paths that you can choose to go down to ensure that each playthrough is wildly different. The chunk of missions on the left will allow you to focus on your economic standing, regardless of who you decide to play as(!) on the right. You'll earn some powerful modifiers that will help your nation stay afloat in the turbulent situation that you find yourself in. Since this chonky tree is impossible to read zoomed out, here’s a look at the left.
1682969595487.png
1682969595544.png

The right side of the tree will offer you a variety of play styles; do you want to stay a loyal Antigonid vassal and build up your strength over a long time? There’s no shame in being “Content In One’s Place”, although you might eventually become strong enough to replace the Antigonids entirely…
1682969595603.png

You also have the option to start a civil war as one of two characters; Eumenes, son of Eumenes of Cardia, and you'll even get a shot at restoring the Ariarathids to power (with the help of the Armenians, who might ask for a favor in return). These mutually exclusive playstyles each have their own twists and turns, and you ultimately have the option of forming something like four different tags in this tree, including Greater Cappadocia, Eumenid Empire, and even Persia. You are guaranteed to see something different happen practically every time, thanks to the shifting alliances of the Antigonid world.
1682969595632.png
1682969595662.png
1682969595714.png

1682969595745.png
1682969595802.png

So many choices, so many outcomes for Cappadocia…enjoy! And now, speaking of the Antigonids, they get a mission tree expansion. Since the very first tree for the Antigonids is the only one the player gets if he wins the Diadochi War, it felt a little bit sad all alone, so we expanded it.
We added two branches: one for dealing with the conquered cultures and stabilization (below) and one for building up your starting areas, especially Anatolia that has been in Antigonos’ hands for up to 30 years. In total, this tree has gotten 12 new tasks.
The Hellenistic Empire Tree has also gotten a small expansion with an additional tree focusing on Alexander’s trail through the world and a handful of additional tasks. To see that one, you’ll have to reach it yourself ;) Obviously, you still need the DLC that unlocks these trees in the first place!
1682969595868.png

Let me pass the baton to Izn so he can introduce his very first tree.
Thanks Zorgo! And hello again to everyone. I’ve been really hard at work on my first mission tree for the mod. It’s for the place of my birth at game start (province of Nokhar, later Lahore, if you're curious), the Kingdom of Porus itself: Paurava.
1682969661159.png

1682969661257.png

Paurava has a pretty tough start when it comes to military expansion, so instead, the left side of the tree focuses on playing tall and diplomatic. First I’ll talk about the far left side. Develop the ancient city of Sakala into a base of operations for the growing Kingdom. I recommend you pump all your resources into building the province up as much as possible as the following mission tasks on the left side involve Sakala. Going down this side of the tree will affect more than just one province though, as Sakala is situated at the perfect place to influence all the massive populations in the Indus Valley.
1682969661343.png

Although, you might find yourself eventually owning another important historical city in the region, a little known place called Taxila. You can either choose to treat Taxila with respect upon capturing it… or you might just destroy it in favor of your own capital.
1682969661434.png

Although, it would be a shame if that wonderful University of Taxila was gone forever wouldn’t it?
1682969661511.png

Going even further down the left side of the tree, you can start to use Sakala as a religious center as it historically was. Sakala was a major spreader of the Buddhist faith, however, you can choose between any major religion of the area. Of course, since I added Ajivika, it’s my personal favorite to map paint the religious mode in an Emerald green. These tasks can help you not only convert to your religion of choice quickly, but also influence surrounding people and countries of the Indus Valley as well.
1682969701112.png

Now, despite the left side mainly revolving around Sakala, there’s a significant and important stem off this side that has to do with expansion instead. You’re going to be fighting against the Mauryans for influence in the area, so you have to use everything at your disposal. Diplomacy, military, and a mix of the two.
1682969701196.png

You can peacefully be granted lands from the Mauryans, provided you marry and maintain a healthy relationship with them. Next, you can be allowed to expand in a limited way to through the Dardic tribes to your north. Finally, you can proclaim yourself the true Raja of Gandhara, calling your alliance with the Mauryan Empire into question. If you’re feeling particularly cocky, you might be able to battle the Empire yourself. After all, King Porus was famous for his battle against the mightiest Empire of the time, perhaps you should do the same.
1682969701392.png

Your timing will be integral, but this is very much a winnable war. Just… don’t wait too long otherwise you might end up in a situation like this.
1682969701551.png

Now, the right side of the tree opens up to you after the Indo-Greek Kingdoms arrive at your doorstep. I won’t go into too much detail, but I will tease a formable you can get if you go a particularly campaign and rp altering path in the tree.
1682969701679.png

While I’d love to talk about the right side of the tree more, and while I’m sure the promises of conquests and Reverse-Okeanos and such is interesting, I’d much rather hijack your attention for more religion!
1682969701833.png

That’s right, there’s a brand new Armenian religion. Now, you might say, Izn is this not just Khaldic. Well, it actually isn’t at all! Khaldic is still in the game files, but you’ll have to wait to see what we do with it in the future. For now, you can enjoy this new faith in its place.

Armenian religion at this point was not Khaldic, nor Zoroastrian, but a strange mix of both and more. Thus, a new religion and pantheon is applicable. Forged from taking Armenian exclusive Khaldic deities (that really never belonged in Khaldic) and a host of brand new deities, the worshipers of Anahit and more are revered primarily in Armenia.
1682969743015.png

I will also note that it took me ages to have that religious circle be jussst right. You can tell from the names of these deities all the Zoroastrian influences, but don’t think these are just reskins. Anahitic deities are distinctly brewed with heavy Hellenic and native Armenian influences. Here’s an example of one deity that’s very clearly from indigenous Armenic beliefs.
1682969743058.png

There is one more country that adopts this new faith. Starting as a tributary to the Antigonids, Commagene has one of the most mixed starts in terms of culture and religion. Thus, it makes sense to include it in Anahitic, which is one of the more syncretic religions of the game. They will also sport their own exclusive deities. You can access these as a different nation if you manage to capture their region as an Anahitic country. They have rather unique modifiers since they’re very niche deities.
1682969743143.png

I have to shoutout the excellent work of Samitte. They had a fantastic forum post that inspired many of these changes and deities for the new Armenic faith, and they were sourced super well! Also shoutouts to Omega for giving me the resources to implement it.

Welp, that’s all for religion… is what I would say if it was. But there’s actually another religion added! I introduce to you the faith of the Austro-Asiatic settlers of Burma, Natic!
1682969772539.png

Honestly, the bigger reveal is that Bon is pink again, crazy right? Anyhow, Natic is named as such for the belief of ‘Nats’ or spirits in the pre-pantheonic beliefs of the people.
1682969792670.png

Nat is effectively an Animist belief system, however, during this time period, the Bon beliefs of the Pyu people would undergo heavy syncretism with the Nat believers who were there before. This syncretism lead to a proto-pantheon. The cult of 37 Nats were the most revered spirits among an innumerable amount of spirits. These 37 Nats would eventually become a pantheon of 37 gods. It’s important to note that this does not happen during this time period, and thus should be thought of not as gods, but as Nats. (I guess you could say they’re nat gods!)
1682969792713.png

To further emphasize the animist nature of the Natic belief, a set of deities is added purely based on the terrain of your capital.
1682969792749.png

1682969792783.png

There is a Nat for every type of terrain, including ones that are no where near where the Natic beliefs are. Some are pretty strong, so it might be a fun campaign to find a particularly strong terrain Nat on the other side of the world and dominate!

Including the last DD, that makes half a dozen new religions to play with! Hope you have as much fun trying out the new religions as I had making them! Time for me to pass the baton to Dementive.

Howdy, it’s Dementive to show off some new random events that I have worked on that are different than the ones that Zorgo made, although he did add the localization for these new ones. In this next update, there will be over 50+ repeating events that based off of specialized triggers that check for pop types and building types in a province, such as…

The amount of nobles in a region - the more there are, the more trouble there might be between them.
1682969826802.png

Your large slave estates might attract the wrong kind of attention.
1682969826868.png

Your troublesome citizens are always going to be a pain in the neck, aren’t they?
1682969826927.png

But they are certainly better than your freemen, who are always causing problems.
1682969826997.png

Your military infrastructure, as important as it is, will occasionally have issues that need to be addressed.
1682969827050.png

Hopefully your countrymen will do a decent job of managing their holdings…
1682969827112.png

1682969827163.png

Don’t worry, as there are plenty of good things that can happen as well…it’s just that people always seem to remember the bad times.
1682969827210.png

Between these events and the ones Zorgo added, we have effectively doubled the amount of events when compared to vanilla, so enjoy!

Last edited:
  • 51Love
  • 32Like
Reactions:
I cant wait one day for Rome to be taken a look at and see how they can overhaul the vanilla mission trees there :)
Some missions for Egypt, Dacia, Armenia, Crimea and Mesopotamia would be nice, even though it's beyond the official timeframe, but hey, it's a game, there are already mission trees there for things that never happened in reality.
EDIT: I've just realised there's a mission tree for Britannia, which was conquered after the official end date of the mod.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
1.6 - Pantheion release
The 1.6 - Pantheion (new save needed) update is out, now also compatible with Mac!
Go check it out on the workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2532715348
Or on the PDX store: https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/27170/Any

To continue old saves, use: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2971810224
We also have a wiki: https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Imperator_Invictus

Patch notes can be found below.
- Large tree for Paurava
- Large tree for Nabatea

Map changes:
- Reworked and Expanded Arabia: new South Arabian culture group, interior passage and more
- Reworked and Expanded India: 3 new areas, 3 new religions and a new tag setup in Central-India
- Added Steppes terrain type (increased movement speed, decreased population capacity)
- Reworked terrain in Arabia and the Steppes (thanks to MattTheLegoman)
- Updated regions setup

Added content:
- Regional rebellions will no longer cost more than 100 warscore to retake, they'll have larger levies and be consolidated into one country
- Tribes will no longer just collapse, instead they'll turn very aggressive for several decades before finally collapsing into Regions instead of Areas
- Reworked all levy templates to make historical sense, account for military traditions and make AI more intelligent in their usage
- Added a number of new Coat of Arm's for formables like Fezzan
- Added new gamerules: toggleable Galatian invasion/regional rebellions/Mauryan Collapse and Seasonal food, also option for extremely aggresive meme-ai
- Added Alania, Arabia, Odrysian Kingdom and Germania as formables
- Added the new Great work components from Julianos' Great Wonders Refined mod

Changes:
- Spearmen do slightly more damage against Light Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Horse Archers and Chariots
- Iberian traditions now give Light Infantry bonuses instead of boosting Archers
- Occidental culture group now has custom Graphics group (combining several models)
- Ashoka dying should now trigger the collapse instantly instead of having to wait for a yearly tick
- Updated tradegood triggers so valuable goods now won't get replaced, and all food tradegoods now actually are ones that give food

Bugfixes:
- Cleared the error log
- Made boar actually trigger, no I will not clarify
- Spreading tradegoods by decision no longer replaces other high-value trade goods
- Switching countries using scripted effect will now account for the Noble levies law
- Fixed a broken foundry check in Atropatene missions
- Updated Atropatene localization file to be more readable
- Scythia region is now in Scythia

• 18Love
  • 15Like
Reactions:
The 1.6 - Pantheion (new save needed) update is out, now also compatible with Mac!
Go check it out on the workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2532715348
Or on the PDX store: https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/27170/Any

To continue old saves, use: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2971810224
We also have a wiki: https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Imperator_Invictus

Patch notes can be found below.
- Large tree for Paurava
- Large tree for Nabatea

Map changes:
- Reworked terrain in Arabia and the Steppes (thanks to MattTheLegoman)
- Updated regions setup

Added content:
- Added a number of new Coat of Arm's for formables like Fezzan
- Added Alania, Arabia, Odrysian Kingdom and Germania as formables
- Added the new Great work components from Julianos' Great Wonders Refined mod

Changes:

Bugfixes:
- Cleared the error log
- Made boar actually trigger, no I will not clarify
- Fixed a broken foundry check in Atropatene missions
- Updated Atropatene localization file to be more readable
- Scythia region is now in Scythia
Finally Scythia region will be in Scythian.
Before this fix, the game was totally unplayable.

Reactions:
I've been waiting for this to drop. Time for a, dozen, runs with Imperator! :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Caucasian culture and Anatolian/Armenian military traditions don't really match, since this traditions heavy relay on cavalry, which caucasians don't have, they are heavy\light-infantry and archers type of culture.

Also mission tree for Iberia (caucasian country) partly impractical and inconvenient In a bad way, since it requires to gradually annex pieces of your your three neighbors land to progress in tree/get the new claims on this neighbors, which is nonsensical in game mechanics, since more logical for player would be to annex this small countries one by one to spare manpower. This states (except Armenia) are indeed small, so aggressive expansion is not really an issue if idea was to not get too much of it for annexing neighbors. (Ofcourse, historically speaking, this things were much more complex, but in this game you are really don't want to chop by little pieces already relatively small countries when expanding)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Finally Scythia region will be in Scythian.
Before this fix, the game was totally unplayable.
I do however note that the provinces of Samartia and Samartia Superioris are now outside the region of Samartia... :oops:

• 2Haha
Reactions:
They could have made several mods. One like vanilla games patch. An add content to the base games. and a last one where he increases the card. A last one could have grouped the changes in Germany and Spain. If they had done that it would have allowed players to just take what they want. For me increasing the map is a dead end until the tag limit issue is resolved. And since paradox doesn't seem to decide to come back to us, it's dead.
congrats, tag limit issue has been resolved

• 2Haha
Reactions: