• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is insane (in a good way)

While i don't play as much imperator as i used to without the invictus team i likely would have stopped entirely in favor of other paradox games. Thank you for keeping this game alive.

• 6Like
Reactions:
This is insane (in a good way)

While i don't play as much imperator as i used to without the invictus team i likely would have stopped entirely in favor of other paradox games. Thank you for keeping this game alive.

Yeah, I'm constantly impressed with how much work is put into this mod! Really amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The setup in the Irrawaddy Valley reflects a clash of ethno-linguistic groups as shown in the archaeological record around 300 BC. A number of small states, many known by the name “Pyu city states”, have been added, representing Tibeto-Burman speaking peoples having recently migrated to the valley from the north. Cities such as Tagaung, Halin, Beinnaka and more have been added as recorded Pyu sites. However many of these sites, including the ones furthest south and the far northwest, had not yet been colonized fully by the Pyu, remaining as likely Afroasiatic speakers related perhaps to modern Mon peoples, known archaeologically as the Samon culture. The Shan, although likely a Tai speaking group recorded by the Han Chinese, have been lumped in with the Pu (Afroasiatic) group for purposes of gameplay.
A couple of minor corrections (I happen to have researched this area extensively for a CK2 mod): the term for the Mon-Khmer language group is Austroasiatic (Afroasiatic is Semitic/Coptic/Arabic/etc), and the Tai-speaking Shan people are not native to the Shan hills in this time period, with most sources suggesting a 9th or 10th century AD migration into the Shan hills from Yunnan (similar migration timings go for most of the Tai speakers in Southeast Asia). The inhabitants of the Shan hills during this period were likely Austroasiatic-speaking Wa people.

Last edited:
Reactions:
A couple of minor corrections (I happen to have researched this area extensively for a CK2 mod): the term for the Mon-Khmer language group is Austroasiatic (Afroasiatic is Semitic/Coptic/Arabic/etc), and the Tai-speaking Shan people are not native to the Shan hills in this time period, with most sources suggesting a 9th or 10th century AD migration into the Shan hills from Yunnan (similar migration timings go for most of the Tai speakers in Southeast Asia). The inhabitants of the Shan hills during this period were likely Austroasiatic-speaking Wa people.
Hi, I'm sure that the team would appreciate if you share the sources from which you researched

Reactions:
Hi, I'm sure that the team would appreciate if you share the sources from which you researched
This is one of the sources (and it in turn cites several other sources): https://brill.com/view/journals/mnya/17/3/article-p47_4.xml. As noted in the introduction, the Southwestern Tai migration is dated to the late 1st millennium CE, with even the earliest proposed date being the first century BCE, which is after the start of the game. The paper itself uses linguistic evidence to try and date the Tai migration, and it mostly agrees with the late 1st millennium date.
This source: http://newdoc.nccu.edu.tw/teasyllabus/113721265905/Fiskesjo on Fortified Villages.pdf (couldn't find a better link) is about the Wa people. It notes how Shan sources themselves note the displacement of the Wa people when the Shan migrated into the region. While there are no exact sources confirming just how long ago the Wa were in the Shan Hills (this kind of stuff gets harder to find as you go back in time), I think it would make for a more likely setup than having the Shan (provably ahistorically) in the region.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hi, do you have an estimate date for the release of next update?
Welcome to the forums and Merry Chrismas ! :)

For the update...likely very soon...quoted from a recent DD:

Dev Diary 59: Sogdia & Zhanzhung Missions
(...) However first i'd like to announce that the next update which will include everything revealed in DD's so far (and quite a lot more) will release at or around Christmas.(...)

Reactions:
From yesterday’s #general Invictus Discord.

1671888462233.png

He has proven to be a reliable guy. But this being a volunteer and colaborative effort, we should not be too demanding.

• 3Like
Reactions:
DD63: Dies Natalis Update + new Mauretanian Map Setup
Dev Diary 63: Dies Natalis Update + new Mauretanian Map Setup
Salvete and ofcourse Happy Holidays!
As of right now, the Dies Natalis update (v1.5) is out, go check it out at: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2532715348
Or for GOG users: https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/27170/Any
For those of you who want to continue your old saves, use this version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2651142140
And for those of you who just want to chat, here's our Discord: https://discord.gg/eaPhRbSq73.

Before I go into the final patch notes, we first have a small change to the Mauretanian setup to present, for that i’ll hand you over to Tudhaliya.

A new setup for Gadir and the Mauretanian Coast

Hi! I’m Tudhaliya and I’m happy to show you a sneak peek for the future content for Iberia. Gadir is our main target and we want to show you the new starting point for this Punic colony. Gadir was a Phoenician colony founded by settlers from Tyre beyond the Strait of Gibraltar. Gadir and the Mauritanian coast looks like this right now:
3zMUhk126QZk-G53Ina1K7QLUq0IwRIEiI6FUekTU9oUGr9N1PzAkQmRqj573WKDLBSc3CNZtB02-dSYx92CpK1uYrYBKk8zGu2r3UlJscqtKwTTy3GGRhUvcyaSwICTJuM1EXC37LEP8vu8eOTDZdRn6fVwIhU0796qExAxxfNyYn5GWOBOgN58mZgjCA

gyRIpmXirHJkdeGWOgcrKmk7gRi42st0Q166BDdyH1vVpC9nnpOWpuyUOj-UuXu1IDrZQ3INZirxhk6sEuPJ6YNSY4a6CIeutGx_EA_tXxuUyvC4UGUjhpzPUP9G6URvTG7h5GnUFvkOx953SP-ykcTGDROzaggN4rk0aYEcLoZZPU81OW8S2mDZOz-wjg

When we were reading about Gadir to make the Mission Tree, we noticed how misrepresented the situation of Gadir and the Mauritanian coast of the 4th Century BC was. In the actual setup, the influence of Carthage in the region is too big for the time (the actual map is more accurate for the 3th Century BC form over the First Punic War). We tried to represent the best we could the situation of Southern Iberia of the final years of the 4th Century BC and this is the result:
bcTEe9jGkTdaZosq07mK8RiVrAC5YnBfLQUOg5-94O5CXv9fVZISdzQfHtXHm7j52jfwzFDm3S-Vk_jVSENhGIeUlWBzRtEpGAUmjOtNIzz8O6FE454ncNiYNlfB4vNauXR6vD_iWvO3HkfoDiu_9PRjIwg_7Momh79hRnWGGk5WvmU_BMOHy2s5-njqwQ

hrSM0xwguCbvWTm1sUqPDfI3Z6uZzP5Hw4I1m2amqKmWw_o1-CCvQjS9KjC-RCEJULyYiEtEHHZ8lRIbjJcaJ0A4xM_sSeu7NWgb_38-J7Yj8b4rXULTaDhNim9fPUix1VrS-VI5jlWh3anw3HdtZkFGO6k32PabmXXuuouwXLRzmFm5KHi1oGa168WLkg

dRXcTz2_fMsh-GSygM-y2Uvwe5DLXQxDKT-rgJxqCp-4QbLjM9XIUf8o4oXSLWcGxvajv7gBZKR0k8tY2AnzW9qwapBhuegYevd9I6QFQFyxrOWIm-TcFIv9XzVv0jCnKmd4sezT5Jc2gr5FOvQoj20EiW1cLhUAoYYEiGFko6KRVQrseKGwsBXdVAuDfg

The Coast of Mauritania has been populated with new tags, all Punic ex-colonies, some under the influence of Carthage and others over the sphere of Gadir. The fall of Tyre in the 7th Century BC created a power vacuum many colonies took advantage of, like Gadir or Carthage. Gadir reinvented itself from an extractive colony to become the main trade hub beyond the Pillars of Hercules, asserting its influence over the isolated Phoenician colonies of the region and developing the Atlantic trade routes, controlling the commerce between the Cassiterides on the North to Arambys on the South. During the start date, settlers from Gadir founded the city of Qarta, at the other part of the strait, a city Carthage and Turdetanians covet alike. But the power of Gadir is fragile, Carthage is starting to expand itself into the region. When the Punic Wars erupted, Gadir lost much of its influence and power to the Carthaginians, developing between the two Punic ex-colonies a tense relation.

To represent this situation, Gadir starts leading a Defensive League with the new Punic tags of Kuass, Lixus, Rusaddir and Arambys. Carthage still directly controls some lands in the province of Safim and the important territories of Tingi and Alu/Baylon (the two coasts of the Strait of Gibraltar). As well, Carthage gains two new tributaries: Thamusida and Aggadir. In Iberia, the territory of Qarta changes ownership from Carthage to Gadir.

The League of Gadir:
mKYCy5gOO0NEWi0w_4TpzF6QMOo7lIfyF13zMfySXVBkPzQ-sRC4H9ej4O6qZ0bUxLOhiGR-O_9tnkGhsOznUKljMVmhi6iJW6VYZl7ENs1IceFjoyzfFTaoP5rxjb_ydrJbZf13mZgLj_3KEBeyrehfsp_hUQds7FNFbWbMyJZKFVLZRVql-ESOA5xMPA

Carthage and its new tributaries:
mIF099h1sm98TV-y7ccd91YvEpExoCf28CB6p1bJnbto1joe3fXX5pEjdRW6AeZZoYzkHdmQHIEoRRPNpPJca9sveHvVR83BIDDBq1GhFCnPJthEKBdKlBVCkZfUElhVyEyFYeowpoXTyMj2WFgeJVKjSDpGkU9hKNNWx-ByVeGLsXwbd6w4Ka0VrCU8RA

We have worked in rebalancing the pops in the region. We wanted to show the connections between Southern Iberia and Mauretania, especially because of Punic trade, normally as slaves or artisans. You will notice some Turdetanian pops around the main Punic cities of Mauretania and some Maurians and Massaesylians around the Punic cities of Iberia:
chJhGghASOoBaAHZ2fM0zAnAOXv0YW3wlNRBcOEFpgcpx5T3C8u8YlcZbddcKNB-1nh17PNnhDiYLNggZzL_sHkQ5K-hLZM3VCJcEuny8Pf_36SJwLjwvPqU3VK-bSy86PCXJfZYrEx-ACxzjcuDwIBbnl2BBnCArLfSHMrwJ-OlDNevDI6K8iOvne7hYg

You may find Maurians on the Western Punic settlements in Iberia while Massaesylians will appear in the eastern territories:
wSBG24iOosn9rTDW5qKmAm-12Oe8SDciHlQdmTxsYlfjRuNGPMhust8WtQu2OgPT0gDsP0prSd_u-mFzkrei737S-Ln1RfXJRepxiX4ysBkQ_xFWS9ibQXOmy57SQclWskIjT7O6y2FDeHe0Su6olG15FAohJ-E5wrY7eI2dfa3rqTkTR3u6B-9qX4YVew

OP9sA9ZTLeGClCv--CYy90adu3e-t3gkEaUbalCGJVr8hnzFW2GAhr0d1U89L7dyCv_kQeDGegAEbwBZexkVPVx0SsY2kckKUkmv3VGcyRXoWg36H9NDgkGbYR8iMKZsrVJe3P0RZAjCn-4Jc8IxaE1BXTRVGOgzerbL8UmQrEp8-D71NmMq_qYDvPdt1Q

We have lowered slightly the presence of Punic pops in the interior and rural areas of Turdetania and Canaanites majorities are located in major urban cities around the Baetis river and less presence in rural areas of the interior.
79J0v00P_wDNXWQb14HuBm4zBd7ye5uL8Cs0Bs05SUxSuRYUgOPSqUWWc1z4f8XLQ2QYRbLWqygI-44Pctxcwjor1obV_fGQCe11IUSCp2E1vqrXiwvJnlsaMFS9d-uEQzzROo5MGlrqtuKdf_ALQ6sq7VTIo6jz8gs36VAyuUx0CIkHYWBW5E5oGyDUSw

FIK0Y-fl7Y3G4Jf5_N42EuVFfaFnX3JJzYLB7zjb9Ku0RTpEGwmeZ9NesOCNNR2yqhFc_aoNRmDX7IK8KSUgEIjiGnq3peZL6ESUTt0O2OsdqSdUeAsQkAmDN3D-z4j5b5v6Z42fPZBYJSuSIdXAtbpRWMCyZAlX3Qcj5mHFzzvg1me-2jZl-4EGMIjxHA

Hb7xTeaGLVVVIRwyWc6S8skta6By5I9YTvFSIkiutGn7i122zcUXRQeTco0oKEgPLJc1X9kvwtdh6BzCFfyC9lXnQS18cykxxiUccwTZbEXlK63y9oGdvYndslSPmjkhb6E11CiKRSMnJ6YcIeCnYVCd9jPEF6YJ2gEh8Uni54-ma45ymBnQnxvThORa_A

All that has been exposed will be available in this Christmas update! Happy Holidays!

And now for the full Patch Notes,
V1.5 - Dies Natalis:
New mission trees:

- Large tree for Sogdia including mechanics
- Large tree for Atropatene
- Large tree for Zhangzhung
- Large tree for Persis
- Large tree for Treveria
- Large tree for Nuragics after unifying the Mediterranean islands as Gymnaesians or Sardinians
- Large tree for Samaria (reworked version of Judean tree + custom flavour)
- 2 Roman trees for conquering Rhaetia and Pannonia
- Regional unification tree for Cretans
- Regional unification tree for Korkyra
- Regional unification tree for Gymnaesians (Balearic Islands)
- Regional unification tree for Sardinians

Map changes:
- Expanded map into Burma with full graphics
- Added Pu culture group
- Custom city models for Pu culture group
- Updated zoomed out map (Lakes look better, Maldives now show up as actual islands)
- Updated Mauretanian nation setup with historical Leagues
- Added Israelite diaspora pops around the map
- Added historical minority pops in India
- Added historical barbarian cultures
- Added Veltia in the Baltics
- Pamphylian is now in the Hellenic culture group (from Anatolian)
- Rebalanced pop amounts and minorities in Iberia/Italy/North-Africa
- Changed some tradegoods around the map

Added content:
- Reworked rebellions for larger nations to allow for a full regional rebellion with various levels of strength under one tag (You'll always be able to reconquer your land without having to take the massive AE penalty, instead of several minor rebellions we now have one large tag per region if the conditions are met.)
- Added a dozen generic events
- Added 8 Punic events
- Added a dozen Jain events
- New (family)naming for Pannonian, Levantine, Germanic, Hellenic, Punic, Thracian and Arabian culture groups
- Added Tibet/Media formable
- Added several dozen inventions exclusive to certain culture(groups)
- Added several dozen heritages
- Removed commander kings mod
- Removed Tanist governments (they didn't do anything)
- Added several new custom flags and emblems
- Added a dozen Buddhist deities
- Added a dozen Jain deities
- Added a dozen Celtic deities
- Added more historical province names when owned by certain culturegroups for almost all groups
- Reworked Israelite Deities to better account for Samaritans
- Reworked Matrist religion into the new We'ra' religion
- Added unfinished AI only galatia content
- Added some new icons for obscure modifiers
- Added several historical characters around the map
- Added Blood of Pharnavazid

Changes:
- Split Judean and Samarian content
- Added tooltip for Military traditions listing which culturegroups unlock the tree
- Optimised backend scripting of the military traditions unlocking system
- Raised naval attrition chance when out of range from 40 to 50%
- Raised naval damage from attrition from 4% to 5%
- Raised minimum possible goods per slave from 3 to 4
- Lowered maximum levy size from 150 to 140%
- Lowered treshold for having great relations to 80 from 100
- Slightly reworked national ideas
- Carthaginian AI is now more competent in consolidating North Africa
- Gave AI slight naval budget cheats for a number of years
- Improved AI's ability to intelligently pick national ideas
- Improved AI pathfinding
- Improved AI's ability to evaluate battles (see DD60)
- Improved AI budgetting (AI will construct more and use their reserves if in need during a war)
- Made sure AI can cancel custom missions if they get completely stuck
- Performance optimization by reducing monthly/yearly checks
- Nerfed some overpowered deities
- Changed naval unit abilities modifiers to be more balanced
- Updated generic development mission to account for new tradegoods
- Changed colour of plains
- Locked Yamnat formable to Southern Arabians
- Vanilla annexation event now integrates more characters when integrating a family
- Chandragupta commits suicide slightly later
- Added an Imperial CB to the first Punic war in the Roman mission tree
- Changed some of the Diadochi's children to be of a more accurate age
- Updated 'nations with missions' at the bottom during the nation selection to account for the new mission trees
- Updated various localization for Deities to be more consistent

Bugfixes:
- Updated Spanish and German translation
- Re-added 2.0.3 feature allowing you to see what unassigned offices would give as modifier if assigned
- Lots of grammar corrections
- Fixed Epirus not gaining access to Macedonian missions after forming it
- Fixed Pregnant being unlocalised in GUI
- Removed Give up Claims and sell Provinces buttons when selecting your own country
- Fixed lankan bug where creating a feudatory accidentally vassalized you to them
- Fixed Western Rome getting too much land when becoming the Eastern Roman Dictatorship
- Fixed Heavy Infantry distinction being impossible to get
- Fixed broken tradefleet decision for Southern indians
- Fixed being unable to switch to Puntic religion
- Fixed generic missions being available for nations with custom missions at gamestart
- Fixed Tibetans and Punics getting the wrong military traditions
- Fixed broken Rhodes battle counter
- Fixed some broken Indian mission tasks
- Fixed some minor bugs in tradegood decisions
- Fixed similar religion colours
- Fixed succession modifiers occasionally breaking upon succession
- Fixed several broken modifiers
- Fixed every case of released countries or when changing culture, the primary culture becoming unintegrated
- Fixed Antigonids being able to access the Antipatrid Legacy missions
- Fixed Hadrami levy template
- Actually fixed Carthaginian senate events and demands
- Fixed Carthaginian laws possible getting stuck
- Fixed minor bugs for the Carthaginian missions
- Fixed a number of vanilla bugs in the Antigonid tree
- Fixed deities for Mithridatic kingdom and Pontus
- Fixed Britannic Coat of Arms not applying properly
- Fixed a broken vanilla Epirote mission
- Fixed Arabic deities being unavailable to Aksumite culture group

I hope you enjoy the update!
If you find any bugs, report them in our Discord: https://discord.gg/eaPhRbSq73.

• 21Like
  • 13Love
Reactions:
Its Christmas!

Reactions:
Heyo, I'm glad you guys have decided to tackle some of the game's more fundamental issues with the last update. The regional revolt system has been an amazing change, but it seems to have highlighted the old bug with civil wars taking random land (if that's what I think it is). Have you guys considered implementing something like an exclave clean-up event/decision?

Thank you for the amazing mod! Is there any talk in the team over expanding the tags in Germania or even further into Baltic or Finnish (Fenni) areas? As a Finn I would love that, especially being able to form Germania as a tier 3 tag would be cool!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the amazing mod! Is there any talk in the team over expanding the tags in Germania or even further into Baltic or Finnish (Fenni) areas? As a Finn I would love that, especially being able to form Germania as a tier 3 tag would be cool!
Finland doesn't really fit in the map besides maybe 2 territories and atm it's not the highest priority.

Reactions:
the tasks of the traveria and aremónica missions that grant claims in provinces do not work, they do not grant said claims, I solve it by changing

mission_area_claim_effect by add_provincial_claim_effect
in all relevant tasks

PD: first time it worked and then it stopped working. I will install everything again

PD2: For some unknown reason, it only gives me the claims if I call an event right before I win the claims.
trigger_event = me_treveria.1
hidden_effect = {
area:menapia_orientalis = { mission_area_claim_effect = yes }
the event does nothing, does anyone know why this happens?

Last edited:
Reactions:
I wanted models of warriors with a horse, elephants, camels, chariots, with the possibility for the player to change models with and without a horse

Attachments

• p1_2466584_371125af.jpg
    p1_2466584_371125af.jpg
    713,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions: