• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also is the music in the trailer going to be added in the patch too? I like it a lot it’s immersive. The mission tree images used for Rhodes/ India in the pop ups is also great and would be welcome for all mission tree images where possible

Reactions:
Thank you for your reply!!!
@RetconCrisis i hope you can consider this. Poor Bambyce's coat of arms is the only one being downgraded from the Griffin to a generic squareish one.
Also I would love to have a variation of the Liburnian one for the formable Ilyria tag!
Yeah, I can definitely put that together! The griffin flag was actually randomly generated, but adding more flag templates can re-randomize flags. But I can basically copy the vanilla flag into Invictus.

For the Illyrian formable, I've seen a few people say they like how the vanilla flag looks (its a unique symbol too) so I don't think I'll touch it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I can definitely put that together! The griffin flag was actually randomly generated, but adding more flag templates can re-randomize flags. But I can basically copy the vanilla flag into Invictus.

For the Illyrian formable, I've seen a few people say they like how the vanilla flag looks (its a unique symbol too) so I don't think I'll touch it.

Thanks for your reply! Much appreciate the change.
Indeed in my current playthrough as Adiabene to Assyria I had a short lived local revolt featuring a Griffin like Bambyce's but in a red background.
Also really like the recent coat of arms. Being consistent and of the same art style is something I really appreciate!

DD52: Aremorica, Cisalpine Gaul and Treveria
Dev Diary 52: Aremorica, Cisalpine Gaul and Treveria

Salvete omnes and welcome to the second DD for Gaul which will be presented to you by Palando. The next update will contain two mission trees for Gaul. The Boihaemian tree was presented the last time, and @RetconCrisis created a unique flag based on the famous “Biatec” coins to accompany it:
5JUnpPQgp4pGMONJRqwTXj4zroQ1FlElQybjymWrf6MI9E1qfDaq8go7i7YSsw6abqe7MG0_N6NIqIwh0exOzvzDcIXKkWZkL69CX7R3OlY-Jb8vMdR7npeYAGc5R33ZhMNrZpnTeDrZzWFcOw

This DD contains the tree that will be included and two further trees that most likely won’t make it for the next update. We start with the tree for the next update:

Aremorica:

The year is 50 BC. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. Well, not entirely... One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. And life is not easy for the Roman legionaries who garrison the fortified camps of Totorum, Aquarium, Laudanum and Compendium...

Hold on! Hold on! The game starts in 304 BC, so it is up to you whether you want to become an indomitable power resisting or paying Rome a visit yourself by following the Aremorican mission tree.

For the first three mandatory missions you need to establish trade routes, build up your navy and unify the Aremorican peninsula. You can also optionally fortify your coastline like the historical Aremoricans did to resist Caesar.

Separate from all task are two religious ones that can be completed at any time. You have to venerate Toutatis to get a treasure (can you guess which one it is?) and then build a holy site for the Gallizenae allowing you to seek their aid.
5Lt2sQ1HWG3ErOvXe-oeRfLVryWJZTElq0ERv07GkEU6-kBzHmJYkY1z_DHf3r1QOZQ7S8AvNXA_v43fG-cMKiXACVQCqdSjShgPLEZkch_dq7-uWUP6iJAXmkSbroNIC7sg4hbV0ccFKX5Ilw

To continue further along the main route, you have to conquer the Atlantic facade, a long standing trade network that connected Iberia with Britannia and also northern Germania. This means conquering the Belgian coast, Britannia, Hibernia, Aquitania (according to some authors it used to be called Aremorica, too), Cantabria, Lusitania and Gibraltar, thereby you have to decide whether you want to directly integrate the land into your own dominion or establish client states. Finally, the ultimate task let’s you establish your own plutocratic republic.

Further optional tasks let you channel the power of the sea, can get your your share of the amber trade if you look eastwards, make you overshadow Carthage, your new main trade rival, defeat the Romans or get your share of Mediterranean luxuries.

There is also another challenge for everyone who takes this mission tree: find all hidden references to popular culture; some are easier to find, some are more subtle.
DOorRjJciGjipwpzRQugM5z9wDisk3YjbVwVBAPazCz2kndrDfm5fkiu8OpT27uyqqpbm-Nk2RHHV5KBQFZKpAy80QoH5ZgDpbCYpCOklAA_UH3oLXpt8MJAHCUNngA_DY3zwnCQvG74o_wpBg

Treveria:

Now, let’s move on to the centre of Gaul. West of the Rhenus, the Treveri lived for several centuries. During this time, an elite consolidated the power which expressed itself via lofty wagon burials. It was only a matter of time until when a single man would have concentrated the power in one hand and declare himself king of the Treveri.

Just like many other Gauls, the Treveri built oppida in their whole territory, and Augusta Treverorum, modern Trier, was only founded after they were conquered by the Romans and the more civilised Mediterranean way of life was adopted.

Furthermore, the Treveri’s sphere of influence was Belgium and the Rhineland, and they managed to acquire Belgian subjects, among which also the mighty Eburones were. So a player over performing here in all these areas can manage to establish his/her Kingdom of the Rhenus.
zozjRy_oH4xUs-I2mu79IzefwWfo1gcQFrtWl1KhrlPdS6EazKWQXGVwsIb6AFHjCx3LAhGEuSqX2swUl0Grq4l0P2tLvxTN9KOmeRzz8wnkC3qcvcZdYSZ4xor8R_aa49EVzDfAOJWJiHwC7w

Optionally, you can build up fortifications in your newly acquired land, improve your mining sector or also become a melting pot of cultures, as they were Gauls in the vicinity of the Germano-Celtic Belgae and the Germanic tribes of Germania Magna.

Cisalpine Gaul:

We’re going to close this DD with the mission tree for Cisalpine Gaul. The basic concept of this tree is that you become the hegemon of Italy and replace Rome. There are two paths to achieve this, one via conquest (hard power) and the other via culture (soft power). The former starts by consolidating the Po area, continues by moving south until you first encounter the Etruscans and thereafter Rome. Finally, you have to finish the conquest of Italy by subjugating the Samnites, Brutii, the Greek city states of Magna Graecia and others (maybe you have to even fight your Pyrrhic War).

The latter, the cultural path, starts with turning Mediolanum, modern Milan, into a worthy capital, continues with building up your core territory to the north and reaping the wealth of Italia for yourself. Thereafter, you have to show the inhabitants of the Italian peninsula that you are culturally on par with the Greek world. This civilisation effort leads to the point that your tribal government is no longer suitable. The conclusion of the mission tree is that all roads will no longer lead to Rome but to Mediolanum instead.
3HzJ0eUo2vgArFEZ_DXfc4rZuK4eFeBZ8_Q-S44RDNvaeCgByKPM7SaJBJlk7K8izytizVyRuI6ZGLGrIpQLTMXrfwGQYbCO_z7uv9ZqRbB0dUYshpKcrEU5FJZwudpEoLpWjhiWOnz_SRWJRw

2J-zSnFM6TJwTd-jkd4DsM4-_4kyTXC2MyKsvJndY9w6Tjy6rS_7DbpJDB6ZkUCSiurJF8sfq2DLpzhYnToHwXbHFVupNfSOt42WI2-B2Dk5wmfZGbSrd7FVXYCwCYAXSRWYkbGiJ02yHaRAtA

There are a few side tasks to facilitate the completion of these tasks, e.g. you can invite the Gaesati mercenaries, ally someone in Transalpine Gaul, invite Transalpine settlers or fostering your Lepontic script. Other tasks ask you to further increase your hard power by conquering the Ligurian and Venetan coast or by building a navy.

This concludes today’s DD, next week we'll talk about something that isn't Gaul.

• 24Like
  • 10Love
Reactions:
I was playing as Kios with the intention of going for the Mithridatic Kingdom. I took the mission for independence as it was the only one I could get, and the bonus from starting gives you a lot of stability. However, even after I got independence, I kept it for the remainder of the time it lasts. Perhaps this should be changed so that it only applies if you are still a subject?

Also, a few friends and I found it difficult to acquire new military traditions, and there was a lot of guessing which culture groups would allow which (Ie. Pontic didn't allow the Pontic-Armenian missions), perhaps it would be helpful to explain this more in detail than "The corresponding decision"

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was playing as Kios with the intention of going for the Mithridatic Kingdom. I took the mission for independence as it was the only one I could get, and the bonus from starting gives you a lot of stability. However, even after I got independence, I kept it for the remainder of the time it lasts. Perhaps this should be changed so that it only applies if you are still a subject?

Also, a few friends and I found it difficult to acquire new military traditions, and there was a lot of guessing which culture groups would allow which (Ie. Pontic didn't allow the Pontic-Armenian missions), perhaps it would be helpful to explain this more in detail than "The corresponding decision"
I'll be working on it, it's really hard to get a proper tooltip there but i'll do my best.

• 2Like
Reactions:
What about unique mission trees for "Persian" countries like Atropatene, Armenia, Parthia or, of course, Heraclea Pontice (if you keep the Persian influence of Amastris)?
I see great potential there and would like to see missions for the reconquest and then the rebuilding and maybe reforming of the great empire.
It would create wonderful playthrough possibilities.

Maybe some flavour as well , like unique backgrounds for cities like Persepolis, Susa, Ekbatana or Ktesiphon, war tents, army models, ship models or wonders?

• 6Like
Reactions:
I wanted to see the chronicle of history as Europa Universalis IV and the dynasty tree as Crusader Kings III and the raid as Crusader Kings III in fashion

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (15).png
    Снимок экрана (15).png
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • Снимок экрана (17).png
    Снимок экрана (17).png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
  • Снимок экрана (16).png
    Снимок экрана (16).png
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
What about unique mission trees for "Persian" countries like Atropatene, Armenia, Parthia or, of course, Heraclea Pontice (if you keep the Persian influence of Amastris)?
I see great potential there and would like to see missions for the reconquest and then the rebuilding and maybe reforming of the great empire.
It would create wonderful playthrough possibilities.

Maybe some flavour as well , like unique backgrounds for cities like Persepolis, Susa, Ekbatana or Ktesiphon, war tents, army models, ship models or wonders?
;)
A CK2/3 like raiding mechanic would be absolutely superb
We tried, not really possible, best thing you can do is demand mil access and use that to raid.

Reactions:
DD53: Numidian missions
Dev Diary 53: Numidian missions

Salvete! Today Aerozona and Zorgoball will present their fun and flavorful adventure, one where you will slowly and secretly secure power for yourself before openly challenging the hegemon, Carthage. As you will see, this mission tree adds some exciting possibilities to the already action-packed region of North Africa. The famed Numidian horsemen stand ready to trample their enemies! For the details i'll now hand you over to Zorgoball.

The Numidian mission tree, which is only available for Mauretania and Massaesylia, is heavily focused on gaining control of the regions around you; Atlas, Numidia proper, Africa and the rest of Maurentania. Let’s take a look at what you will be able to do with the mission tree.
mwh02xs5zMxpob0MWoLhnTLiI1rEmKf04F36d5SIVNSl-cUHgxFcTX_l_uHHF6ML4d2UShrqfy09EPsP776j6pfQHnYw9nbG4Tl5TmNm0BMP-6RbSb3qG00pW6nS4cErtbLUQFhM_9XUDQoQkrs

The tree starts off by giving you some claims on some of the weaker Numidian tribes around you, providing a couple of events and allowing you to expand your power base by whatever means are available to you. As you become a little stronger, your military and economy steadily growing under the watchful eye of the meddling Carthaginians, you will eventually come into conflict with your “rival”, either Maurentania or Massaesylia, depending on who you are playing as.
vjvUgBnhnUCPtn5ZF-QXgETBSxqrmkAHW7usm_EnAN4Olg6Kovf2v1FD9KfgO5KStSJSz50WHPvGtldW18m96XVwCp7Ogw06PiRI641VrS0FDlEGJ1WdBvu2IxE4uQh0v60epIN0pfJue1ROB_s

After the initial tasks have been completed and your rival tribe has been permanently dealt with, the tree will bring you to that inevitable confrontation that loomed before you from the beginning - war with Carthage, with her vast resources, ambitious generals and access to powerful mercenary forces. Will your powerful cavalry, famed throughout the Mediterranean world, be enough to stand against her armies? Only time will tell. But these wars all serve a purpose; that of taking the land required to form Numidia.

Undertaking such an ambitious task will require firm footing, because you might not get a second chance if you lose your war with Carthage. Simultaneously, on the second (middle) branch of the tree, you will have a variety of infrastructure tasks to complete, ones that will allow you to build up your nation so that it is able to withstand invasions from foreign enemies. Logistics are just as important as defense, however, so you will also have tasks to help with supplying your hungry soldiers.
xt4mb6g-N5PqsMkkiPdsd-ttwFcoLz8PCC3j_JVMd45NlELQ1DN3S156M1Icir4Y7C6zwW-XY8_kBfUASKASabL2848T-VlrygEFlTneYjaCURap_5NkdkOxlS4utLQ_9YZG5DcNBBNIQRxeDHs

The third branch (right side) will have you expanding into the region of Atlas, clearing out the remaining tribes before building up the area. The stability of your kingdom requires that your people be safe from the raids of these desert raiders, and once they have been subdued, there will be opportunities to expand your influence in the recently conquered territories.
4rcJSpNybPJGjg_x1dxkgf4tta5fB5xVMwW7AQ0qENm7LkQh8GMsnX_PD-enKKJmtX9QfC-s9cFQlSNuQjtJSK5l7HazgEfNkQuhM5R_Z1MQjroRefWAOJ6yGzwydDnkfmpzrDFAk0d5vtrPxno

Of course, playing as a Numidian tribe, you will have mission tasks that will boost your horsemen. The first task will be dependent on the amount of horses you are producing in the region that your nation started in. Once you have increased these numbers and are able to supply your cavalry with the animals they require, you will receive a special modifier, “Numidian Equestrians”, that will permanently boost light cavalry morale while lowering their cost. But your soldiers cannot rely on their horses alone; they will need experienced leaders guiding them into battle, especially if you hope to confront the larger powers around you. Thankfully, there are opportunities for your men to learn from the very best commanders that Numidia can offer.
t5juJrpZqMo6lV2cDh0IIRocUoQfjLSE0BIvvX2AHjCGg_6NkZB2Y8zJXhWnVl0EWrrxaSGgmQSS1N-GdDtFY6BmM-PvyLNrDtKaukMhhrgpCaHq9olGjs7GvkCv3qkEt1RF1ZTP_E3WHWMGaA

Massaesylia also has a unique couple of tasks that will allow you to steal Massylia, a tribal vassal of Carthage, ultimately poaching them for your own. This involves, among other things, gaining the trust of Carthage and improving your diplomatic relations. Once you have secured their allegiance and Massylia is your vassal, you will be able to take the tribal union task, which allows you to integrate them into your nation over a period of time.
CuzNCCf_u8WxyO3MnJO1AKXBOPmN207YwNgD3Bs3__UtYD6xguAGiAKtSv8Gbp6tyWoHN0GQtJusCY1l-47kYarFuXEPdmgfxhwdqI_2jTWGqQTi8f8gMNTc-ChpLBWmFJbyNqrmNKcuPuCDnCc

With the release date of the update being next week on the 12th of July, the next Dev Diary will just be the patch notes and after that we'll probably take a little break from any further Dev Diares until we have more content to show off.

• 24Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
Sythia's steppe horde reform (the capstone of the anti-greek branch of the missions) doesn't appear to have any localisation for female rulers
1657363903948.png

Last edited:
Is there a way you could rework marriages a bit?
1. When you arrange marriage for ruler or member of family (daughter or son) there is a chance for event popping asking for money. In vanila this is basically arm and leg. Please reduce the amount of gold required (easy to edit in events - I removed multiplier and price went way down to manageable levels).

2. Allow diplo marriage with tribes and republics and ignore Ruler Family requirement (easy - it required editing scheme if I remember correctly).

3. Allow divorce. Macedonian aristocracy was polygamistic at best, with multiple wives, divorces, etc. In Rome divorce was just another Tuesday, hell even Jews were allowed to send back wives. And what Lagids did was beyond crazy. WOuld it be possible to include decision to remove ruler spuse? Sometimes you loose your heir, king has no more children and wife which is 47.
Currently you have to save and try trial - which is costly and buggy (event chain sometimes will not fire).

Silly me - there is a button for that :)
You guys are the best

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
V1.4 - Ptolemaios patch notes
V1.4 - Ptolemaios patch notes
The update will come out tomorrow on the 12th, exact timing to be determined, for now here's the patch notes:

New mission trees:
  • 2 Regional trees for Aksum
  • Large tree for Aremoricans
  • Regional tree for Argos
  • Huge tree for Bithynia with new bloodline and new characters
  • Large tree for Bohemia
  • Large tree for Cisalpine Gaul countries
  • Large tree for Mauretania and Massaesylia
  • Regional tree for the Roman Invasion of Britain available after invading Gaul
  • 4 trees for Thebes
Map changes:
  • Added new trade goods: Cedar, Myrrh, Cinnabar, Lapis, Jade, Fruit and Silphium
  • Expanded map in East-Africa/Horn of Africa
  • Expanded map in the European Steppes
  • Reworked the Physical terrain in Africa/Steppe (heightmap, trees and general visuals)
  • Added several rivers in Africa: Gabgaba, Awash, Allaqi
  • Added several lakes in Africa, most notably: Lake Bazensis and Salinae Tubunensis
  • Reworked Cultures in East-Africa, Germania, Britannia and the Steppes
  • Added Waaqi faith in the Horn of Africa full along with a dozen relevant deities
  • Added Athenian Acropolis (made by MattTheLegoMan)
  • Added straits to the Maldives
  • Added content:
  • Added tagswitching to: Mauryan rebelions, Bithynia and Cyrenaican Libya revolt
  • Added Slavia, Liguria and Punt as formables
  • Added some decisions for Apocopa (in the Horn of Africa)
  • Added and rebalanced around 40-50 heritages around the world
  • Added Germanic flavor events
  • Added 50+ kemetic flavor events
  • Added several character schemes (Characters will develop/exploit holdings, convert/assimilate pops there, improve their own status/wealth and more)
  • Added new character interactions (combat corruption, dueling, divorce, force a retirement, increase popularity, offer citizenship/protection, prove legitimacy, suggest training and retire your ruler)
  • Added flags for (Indo-Greeks, Liguria, Shunga, Satavahana, Ionia, Istros, Mesembria, Apollonia Pontica and about 20+ more)
  • Added more emblems/patterns for dynamic flag generation (thanks MattTheLegoMan)
  • Added deities for Hindus and Zoroastrians
  • Added 47 decisions related to trade goods with 10 accompanying events
Changes:
  • Improved target character and province GUI with relevant information being visible
  • Resized the tradescreen and rebalanced Trade good categories
  • Most bloodlines no longer give base-stats, just modifiers
  • Slightly increased stats from the growing up scheme
  • Made font appear over Trees (Thanks Terrapass)
  • Rebellions/civil wars now get roughly as many military traditions as the player has instead of starting with none
  • Rebellions will now be more difficult, larger rebellions where multiple disloyal states band together against you will happen more often
  • Made Cyrenaica unable to be annexed by the AI if it's a player within the first 4 years
  • Changed some of the requirements for the Cyrenaican mission tasks
  • Removed Fire disaster
  • Slightly reduced Disaster frequency
  • Nerfed Stonehenge from Noble ratio to Noble output
  • Reworked the Gandarian missions with more sensible requirements
  • Tweaked building modification display, now includes more sensical modifiers
  • Tweaked seducing governors, now has time restrictions to prevent abuse
  • Increased centralization for Cisalpine Gauls
  • Sligthly changed requirements for Frankish missions
  • Added lots of tooltips to Germanic missions
  • Increased variation in mission task pictures for Germanic, Indian, Rhodes and Fezzani missions
  • Increased corruption requirement for imposing fines
  • Anatolian culture group now uses custom Anatolian gfx
  • Changed the effects of the Kemetic Deity 'Isis' from food to a stability modifier
  • Consolidated internal files to make maintenance easier
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed Armenian traditions not unlocking properly
  • Fixed a thousand or more spelling errors
  • Fixed bug where switching primary culture would leave you with no primary culture in edge-cases
  • Fixed infinite costs and looping of Locusts event
  • Added missing combat modifiers against Engineers and Supply trains so they don't fight like Infantry
  • Fixed naval raiding being unavailable for Pirates and Cilicians
  • Fixed the Port Assault being blocked with nations who don't have the Archimedes death ray
  • Rooting out Pirates now works for Carthage
  • Only added day 1 food boost to provinces with an owner
  • Fixed edge-case bugs with the neigbouring City modifier
  • Fixed a mixup with Iberian province names (Asta and Hasta are now correctly placed)
  • Fixed broken trigger for Flamethrowers invention, Boeotia keeps access now after forming other nations
  • Fixed broken effects in the Judea tree
  • Fixed broken trigger in the Macedonian lighthouse tree
  • Fixed not getting manpower from becoming an Oligarchy in the Carthaginian Bomilcar revolution tree
  • Made all Numidian inventions also available to the Fezzani
  • Fixed Carthaginian laws being available to Punics
  • Fixed a bunch of missing Deities for Hellenics
  • Removed flags being generated with wrong emblems
  • Continued Spanish/French translation

Last edited:
  • 20Love
  • 17Like
Reactions: