• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am not sure if its WAD, but I managed to produce Papyrus outside of the Egypt region. Gaul to be precise. Even the icon itself says its exclusively produced in Egypt.

1651334891832.png

I am not sure if its WAD, but I managed to produce Papyrus outside of the Egypt region. Gaul to be precise. Even the icon itself says its exclusively produced in Egypt.
Good question...I think it is possible to use different pools for the draw of the new tradegood a city founded on a food one gets. Papyrus is - from a biological view - probably still ok as an edge case in really warm areas in Europe (e.g. some natural occurance in Sicily), but the territory it showed up for you doesn't fit IMO, as it is fairly close to the Alps already.

Hey guys, been trying out your mod and having a blast. Although I do face a problem while playing my favourite nation, pontus. I tried both starts (Kios and Pontus) and faced these 3 problems (probably mostly related to the vanilla code):
1. If you annex Mithridates as Pontus or Pontus as Mithridates via Event, you do get the triggered Helenic Pontus Event - which SHOULD give you two decisions: to sinope as your new capital with some nice bonusses and to get an omen power bonus and two new deities. The decisions do not appear tho, unless you actually conquer Pontus as Mithridates and reform Pontus via decision.
2. Even if you do that tho, you do not get the two promised syncretic new gods. The rest of the decision seems to work fine.
3. Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't found a way yet to unlock the Armeno-Pontic Military Traditions. The cultural decision for Pontic culture unlocks greek Traditions, Armenians don't help either. According to the Steam Workshop page of the "Forgotten" mod which is the basis for the Anatolian Traditions (I Believe) you are supposed to get access to the Armeno-Pontic Military Traditions after you take the Helenic Pontus event/decisions. Which doesn't happen.
The first problem can be worked around and isn't that big of a deal, the second problem is really sad, since extra gods for the zoroastrians seems great and the third problem is an absolute deal breaker for me, since being stuck on a single tradition tree kinda sucks. And being a greek-anatolian hybrid is like THE thing for mithridatic Pontus.

Please help, you all are amazing.-Oh and I'm not using any other mods and I am using the workshop version of invictus if that helps.

Great work with the map expansion! I have been thinking though about how the uncolonized parts of the map do play an important role in Imperator as targets for migration for migratory tribes. In my playthroughs the area in todays Ukraine often got colonized by germanic tags and I thought about it as somehow simulating the migration of Goths in that direction and the creation of the Chernyakhov archaeological culture. Now with more and more of the map being covered by tags, how is this going to affect migration?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't found a way yet to unlock the Armeno-Pontic Military Traditions.
I believe that this military tradition is unlocked, it is for those of the Pontu primary culture, not for the nation named Pontu, which is of the Cappadocia primary culture.

I would have to unlock it in the traditional way, integrating the corresponding culture and making the decision in the culture panel.

PD: verifying what happened to TheRealMomo and that he wanted to try the creation of pontus, start a new game with kios continue the chain of events until pontus was formed, through the event, he adopted the greco-pontic traditions at the time the event was triggered corresponding but the decisions to move the capital and to burn the Greco-Pontic omens do not appear.

Last edited:
I believe that this military tradition is unlocked, it is for those of the Pontu primary culture, not for the nation named Pontu, which is of the Cappadocia primary culture.

I would have to unlock it in the traditional way, integrating the corresponding culture and making the decision in the culture panel.
Well I thought so, too. The pontus culture only gives access to greek traditions tho and does not infact unlock the Armeno-Pontic Military Tradition. So maybe there's a culture that does, but if so, I haven't found it yet.
PD: verifying what happened to TheRealMomo and that he wanted to try the creation of pontus, start a new game with kios continue the chain of events until pontus was formed, through the event, he adopted the greco-pontic traditions at the time the event was triggered corresponding but the decisions to move the capital and to burn the Greco-Pontic omens do not appear.
That is correct. After some testing I can verify, that the decisions ONLY pop up when you start as Kios and conquer Pontus manually + form Pontus via decision and not if you are annexing Pontus via event. I think the problem here is, that there's a hidden tag that get's applied to your nation if you inherit pontus via event while the decision needs you to have the actual Pontus tag.

I already saw what happens, the requirements for the decisions are:

be pontus (PON) or form it by decision (although that is PTU the label)
and adopt the Grecopontic influences (which is by event if you started as kios and have 5 territories with dominant Greek culture and 5 from Anatolia)

if you do it for the event you become pontus (PTU) that's why specific pontus decisions are not available.

so the path would be to start as kios, migrate as a kingdom mithridates and then conquer pontus by force to form it by choice to have everything available.

Hello, I almost never play with republics because it has become a bit complicated for me, which is fine, actually I write for monarchies, sometimes it seems very easy to maintain balance and control of the characters, one of the things that helps that is the option of "giving carte blanche" to a character, in the republics doing that with a governor and the investigators (I don't know if anyone else) penalizes you with one of the factions and if you get out of control to give carte blanche to all the world (I do it with the monarchies) goodbye to the favor of the Senate. my opinion is that it should have a cost, either in influence or in legitimacy, I lean more towards legitimacy that would better reflect the effect it has on the republics

DD45: Bithynia and Important news
Dev Diary 45: Bithynia and Important news

Salvete! Today we’ll be talking about the last of our behemoth mission trees for a little-known nation called Bithynia, history lesson can be found further down in the Dev Diary.

But first I would like to thank on behalf of the Invictus team the amazing Imperator community, as last week Invictus officially became the largest Imperator mod on the Steam Workshop, big enough to have a very detailed wiki: https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Imperator_Invictus, surpassing mods that have existed since day 1 like Better UI and other mods which are from the 1.0-1.1 era of Imperator back when there were a lot more players. In less than a year after mod release, having achieved 28 300 subscribers on the steam workshop is simply insane. The steam mod has also achieved a whopping 99.4% (1000 positive out of 1006) like to dislike ratio showing that seemingly everyone who played the mod loved it, or at the very least didn’t dislike it.
We will continue working on the mod, developing more content, tidying up the map, adding new areas all the while keeping the qualitative feeling of vanilla Imperator intact.

Now onto a bit of internal management as I feel transparency is important due to the sheer amount of people who are/may be waiting for us to publish the next update. There has been a lot of internal debate which has at times almost impaired the functioning of the team over whether or not new mechanics should be added and whether or not Vanilla is the gameplay feeling we should strive for. A large part of the team has wanted to embark on more ambitious features, redeveloping whole mechanics but due to the consensus rules we have (blocking any content from being added that has a sizeable minority that oppose it), this has not been added into the mod. Dementive who will present to you the upcoming Bithynia content has been developing some mechanics privately and has released a submod for Invictus which can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2805839904 it’s certainly worth checking out. However, despite the vast majority of the team wanting to add such new mechanics to Invictus, I have vetoed all attempts as I fundamentally believe that Invictus is a community expansion and ought not be a total-conversion or Imperator redesign. From the numbers I have shown in the last paragraph this approach of focusing on adding flavour and not going beyond tweaking existing mechanics has proved popular. This now official and permanent decision will probably upset some of you looking for a more radical mod (and a lot of people within the team), but I hope you continue to enjoy the game and the mod with the mechanics that exist now. We are not Paradox, it is not our job to create major features and I hope you can all respect this decision. Now with this decision and announcement out of the way, i’ll hand you over to Dementive for some Bithynian content.

(TLDR: Large part of team wants to add mechanics, I and some others oppose it as it is out of the scope of the mod, this has led to a lot of internal issues. Now with the decision to not create mechanics permanent and public, we will continue working on content as we usually do.)

Today I (Dementive) am going to be talking about new content for the nation of Bithynia, a small 5 province nation in Asia Minor. At the start of the game Zipoetes I is the king of Bithynia; historically he would free Bithynia from Antigonid rule and his descendents would rule Bithynia until the Romans came. There are a lot of fascinating things that Bithynia did during the game’s time frame and a lot of this has been represented in the new mission tree, which features a record breaking 70 mission tasks with 80+ events. Additionally, the character setup of Bithynia has been changed to be more historically accurate and a bloodline has been made for Zipoetes.

The start of the mission tree will have tasks that will lead you to consolidate power over the Bithynia area. This is not an easy task when surrounded by powerful Diadochi on all sides, but there are a lot of interesting options to take on your way to greatness.
zEibNqivU3GnUIaJwVL71cqJZJ7l7POK92fkenUXcRnxhEtGikDhl6omGi30eLgSOcLP0an6kKsvVqEG6Y5qNUDnkhl3-2Jg1hwhIhWjOwTd8iVQFoGmNIZ86dkFvMyq1Bcf-bsM6pFAqrSdiA

RLjjFQnvw8H9gmK3lQmscY76yt3Kp3LOadOYQgdhyqKi8WzwTNPeg3fnMCv6vst8YnYT7F_CbxxBYA1-pnojYSOqmnECXWz7wuzgGmyAvnnFR1l7vxupU6nP72M2ZJYhY2Q0xN7KevFODLFVcA

XkOJ-8QxOHic2nj6iI3tDoc0AKQxwbBYGfFSSHFr1K--vsXg8acx5YjkOCPUhzi5tCEK_Dte6MnYpUXHqq3ndAzJlKcddevniO_u_V0uLlzmsllnMdUIFiyBB6GTEPHWdCVtR6o6SWhN_JN7hA

2A4uM9eACrY-tnUwvTYNq4BDDUuaCZRhrIrxkVlGmaksNW_O4m8W-2FndXrMURA1lBXdAu5c4jS9WymIJXL1Dm4uaa8c9k_rUylapkrACG5F6cbMucHq4yITQajn_ym_3VZZyk6vOsQRihvWzw

After consolidating power in the Bithynia region, the tasks turn outwards, towards domination of the Mediterranean and all those who historically opposed Bithynia.
rRzySGl9BTck8o5boE0iNSIH2CmDq3in0ytj9RiahUWEa-y_KvtRswb4K91Eu4dEEZmhQIdgVDW9BOsuVJvi7CAWyaC5tDqUcpBYTy-O3c53c42wGcuF6BGbdSqbidFeAPUiUKQjrrmAfXTVUg

The central starting location allows for many routes for expansion; you can head east to conquer Asia Minor, Syria, and Egypt, or west for even more unique tasks.
DEwzbRBUcadybDvlXkIxaMCAc6Zj3jOJLUanKpSxJoyemk-1DQRMKLxBcVuZ-WMMM7_6gcKXfrFx8ftY503GO_rQXCKR6_Fw0E9Qrg3CDoLL137UKEIiHwcFZ05PZ8u5iqFoB59jQm56U7pGzQ

Every task in this mission has an event or event chain associated with it, and Zorgoball has written the descriptions for all of them! Here is a look at some of the events that you’ll be seeing:
HF8r41AOwufepBqYRkR12DhFnL0vISlh-awKev1alk3_1Kad4uu4Mw9QJoEYcGTaxeVJWJqbGSsvipoajHDxWIfPSl92FiWBA0snMDGgTw7ceCqiN6z6Dl7uqxr5Tx1WAp-EyvVZOC1FOBDUCw

KBcyuSts_BpTOldy0UcEpLm5-v1LffM9c77bQZ57BQ8XrSM1LdZaFj3dyBFXfHkroZVSO04UE7QsKwPyz87K5ofifKoEJ873Tw3m4ll6jRVj4_Fs6P9QWyj7NiNdTiyOlGWYXPnJQ82GXynW0g

The Bithynia mission tree is the largest in the game with tasks that will keep you busy for the whole game.

(Note from Snowlet: in the future we will return to doing more vanilla style trees which are multiple smaller missions instead of one huge one with a lot of tasks, this is the last of the behemoths you’ll see in Invictus for awhile.)

New Trade goods have been made with icons by Aquizar (modifiers are not balanced yet):
Z1tdAsmCqQy6opGpwhLNibOOper4wKrTPthiL3VefqIBhSbIW3SaRBEQSHhOLDf079jSPIPfdlGTKT15M_Hftk2rlkvZSNYMbsg7l1qp-hfCoyQNW46Lm89wykxEZKl1IkuqYzyZ4pT49d2Fyw

7yVvInqw9VfcE8THEdIilgUvabHHnnTF6RWA4niFEeEIUl-Rr2igwSOiyAJ3t6n4Jlexlb45kZ7IuoVgKgRPCcMYT3n4MF3IU9zLau4y0uNi4BOY3kh-HYUo3EGttkvLrnc6GDMh8RgCFf39Og

Ki65TehHbko4QcXfJ-e0k98wRq4UbG5HPueity50jKiTkI7P4jT9BKUsTC9hGSXCtx_G7Wnb6qizDK97cDFY8to1h8tcvpEf6m16wQXtQLQHuRLiXkglK3NQ3TB0U6YO1WP-Y19735f1DS179A

TYpMBB1p5CKhkcGFcdjU1zCiGQ7GnqLx0gG4Cfsy7bhfVTtJK9vx-sDidi8r_NU-XkWldVwsOPaWnoTL99wxG74S8k-mv0XbyTK1C4PdyPWd7GfXRqJorIHhiQXvoqn0evkAWPUQOslzsWDVkQ

q_PmAP3WHJa-SZnkeZtqQSFNL15SaU7ujxdMr1M_DN6LJGWofUB9l92FOXHcD7O4lKZMPuw2UJvuok3KQWX8LkwtSWmLemnfxr3hh_KNuhI8z0yBUsAWJndL-sJNPXp_taTLhuRS48B2b2To0w

lZPipAWDq6SViZ0_sH3_VlY1FNMuR9XBeVL73Ry5h60ejdC0cMdwyCTjaycpVyNsf0GaiYh6rB83-m3VhhcC_zYwkbqGuAnzq2Tb9xGP8X9qGOpcvHwoE4EbY-rt7IVaRG4nFQjPRd1hjqUBbA

Most of the new trade goods, except fruit and cedar, are in very small amounts in regional areas and will have various flavour events and decisions tied to each tradegood.

And finally a new mission header has been created for Rhodes by Aquizar:
kTFDamSWJkro7AhcMcbfVNbHrc6uSr8pHRZRr3_HgFCzYjU-GTC5Bb23SyADzCuxfp8-wAN-U_xe21pigROy9mx1Ltgc9iTz7L6USg3OIu-Co7IdUY5ijsfFMTY_Qel_WOdarlijFaOYfBnq4Q

• 30Like
  • 8Love
Reactions:
I completely agree with the choice of not overhauling mechanics. The game is in a good state mechanics-wise and making large changes can easily screw up the balance and make the AI useless. That's not to say changing mechanics is not a good idea in general, but it would be a shame to lock those who'd prefer more of a vanilla experience from all of the great flavor in the mod.

• 10Like
Reactions:
I agree with the decision. If anyone wants to create additional content or change mechanics - they are free to do this of course, but it should be kept as a separate, additional download. In this case those who would like to play enriched vanilla would download Invictus, and those who would like to try new mechanics could download Invictus and that additional mod.

• 4Like
Reactions:
While I personally do not at all agree with the no overhaul approach I fully understand the decision and hope to see many interesting sub mods coming out of the team in the future.

• 2Like
Reactions:
(TLDR: Large part of team wants to add mechanics, I and some others oppose it as it is out of the scope of the mod, this has led to a lot of internal issues. Now with the decision to not create mechanics permanent and public, we will continue working on content as we usually do.)
Oh alright! I never tried Invictus precisely because I thought it was modifying mechanics and adding new ones and so on. Now that I see the mod is actually just adding depth to a good vanilla base, I'll try it definitely. Thanks for the clarification.

As for FMO, I wish all these mechanical additions could be broken down into separate mods. I might be interested in trying the trade changes, but definitely not the rest of mechanics adding new pops or subject interactions (having subjects reducing primary culture happiness? what?). That's why I generally oppose massive overhaul mods, because they generally add good stuff stuffed with other random additions.

• 2Like
Reactions: