• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why does local autonomy decrease happiness???

hp.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can Glavius' AI mod be used with Invictus?

Same question for the Better UI?

Yes for Better UI.

Glavius AI is in best case superfluos, as Imperator Invictus is already built on it (and modified it where necessary to take in account Invictus changes) and using both together might even cause trouble (if unfitting settings of the original mod come in)

Why does local autonomy decrease happiness???
In the screenshot your aren't looking to the pops happiness, but to its productivity - and that is indeed decreased, which is intended (you are allowing the people more freedom and to do their own thing instead of squeezing them out). This is also nothing related to the Impertor Invvictus mod.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes for Better UI.

Glavius AI is in best case superfluos, as Imperator Invictus is already built on it (and modified it where necessary to take in account Invictus changes) and using both together might even cause trouble (if unfitting settings of the original mod come in)

In the screenshot your aren't looking to the pops happiness, but to its productivity - and that is indeed decreased, which is intended (you are allowing the people more freedom and to do their own thing instead of squeezing them out). This is also nothing related to the Impertor Invvictus mod.

So people are unhappy cuz they get more freedom instead of being squeezed out????

So people are unhappy cuz they get more freedom instead of being squeezed out????
No, they are getting happier (you need to mouse over the happiness figure value to see it) - but at the expend of productivity (where you are looking at in your screenshot). Happiness and productivity are two separate % figures attached at each indivicual pop. Both affect the output of a pop in the end, but it is important to differentiate between the two.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can Glavius' AI mod be used with Invictus?

Same question for the Better UI?
Glavius AI is not compatible with Invictus at all as it is fully integrated and adapted already into Invictus, using it in addition to Invictus would only lead to a worse AI and broken Invictus features.

Better UI is fully compatible as long as Invictus loads after in the load order of the playset, aka it is stationed below.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really want to add more character interactions into the game, if anyone can think of any that aren’t in the game that you would like let us know! There’s a good chance it’ll be added if it’s a good suggestion.
Not sure if its technically possible - but can something be done about chracter interactions with foreign prisoners of war? That entire feature never worked particulary well (ransom calculation being broken for a long time and even after that happened the AI never learned to care for their prisoners and use that feature...), but at some point it got even worse by most of the interaction having been disabled. Essentially now we are down to release them for free (best immedietaly to avoid a bug with a stab hit, but that interaction lacks flavour and realism as it has no benefit like increased opinion from home nation), flog them (ok to have that option - but why exactly only that one?) or just do nothing and waiting until jail consitions kill them (or they manage to escape).

I don't expect that you can actively teach the AI to ransom out, but I think a lot would be gained if maybe...
- a free release gives some positive opinion with the home nation
- executing/sell into slavery become possible (again)
- another thing would be some kind of recruitement
- solving the inconsistency with the gladitorial fight (you can't let fight two prisoners against each other, but one of your characters vs. a prisoner is possible)

And only losely connected as this doesn't target prisoners - we have options to woo generals and entice governors...shouldn't foreign Admirals have a similar interaction available?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Is there any way I can fix Invictus? I cannot load games with the mod properly and this is the only place that might be able to help.
You can attempt a manual installation, instructions can be found in the Frequently asked questions channel on our discord: https://discord.gg/eaPhRbSq73.
Also Discord is a much better place to ask for help if you need it still after following the instructions.

Yo, just a heads up for what I believe to be a bug. I found that the +5% population modifier for coastal terrain seems to be missing completely on any provinces with a port building.
I thought maybe it had to do with the ports own intrinsic effects, making this a feature, but the only way in which a port increases pop capacity is by increasing it's civ value by 3% per port level, which translates to 0.75% population capacity.

On a completely separate note. I'm not sure if this is something that can be easily "fixed", or should be high on the priority list at all, as "it's a mod, why don't you just make saves, there's no point for ironman" is a common and defensible argument. I do not like to play that way, because I'm a perfectionist and if I play without ironman I will literally be reloading saves for 6 hours trying to get everything just right instead of just letting the game run and going with the flow, I can't help myself. So with that out of the way the actual point:

The missions for the Tamil kings in India basically always result in messy patchwork wars of alliances and allies of allies, with really ugly potential peace deals:
Sometimes there's need to personally control one piece of a province that would allow you to annex all other land you have conquered, but that one partial province has already been fully sieged by an ally or an ally of an ally. They will never just conquer the land in their own peace it's also not attached to their land or they don't have the score, they won't give it up to you ever, and they can't puppet the entire country, the enemy country also can't reconquer it, nor can their allies as everyone is an ally of an ally and stuck fighting their own death wars while dying in the jungle. Allies of allies being involved can also result in mechanically different but equally annoying situations.
Your only option out is to just peace deal, but this ruins the flow of the mission path you decided to take to try and unite the region was the war and annexation path, as your early temporary buffs are now running out in the truce period while you break you break the alliances that now control a tiny province you need, while you also, have to wait to integrate a newly obtained shitty subject that controls the other land you need, and this is of course rather what you'd do with the other path that has actual bonuses suited for this approach.
The peace deal thing is of course a classic IR problem, but it's way more pronounced because all 3 Tamil nations go "ding, time for violence" at the same time, and the entire region is a massive patchwork of alliances fighting for the same thing, and the fact that this can lead to you having to play the way that is not befitting the fantasy of the conquest path is really quite frustrating.

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. Anyway I can't use this mod on my GOG Imperator Rome version.. I have uninstalled the game; clean everything to start from fresh, but I keep having the game crashing in the setting up phase.
I ususally start the game in french, but I get the same result in english.
I do use the mod from paradox.
I don't know how to install correctly the mod available through github
May I have a hint or two to solve this problem ?
I am able to run the game with other mods but not here.
Thank you very much in advance.

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. Anyway I can't use this mod on my GOG Imperator Rome version.. I have uninstalled the game; clean everything to start from fresh, but I keep having the game crashing in the setting up phase.
I ususally start the game in french, but I get the same result in english.
I do use the mod from paradox.
I don't know how to install correctly the mod available through github
May I have a hint or two to solve this problem ?
I am able to run the game with other mods but not here.
Thank you very much in advance.
Look 2 messages above I answered this and try a manual installation.

DD44: Ukrainian map expansion
Dev Diary 44: Ukrainian map expansion

Salvete!
Today we'll be talking about a well-deserved map expansion in modern Ukraina and surrounding regions, as always for the map changes i'll hand you over to Shocky27.

Hello all! I'm Shocky27.
First let me thank the several people who helped in the process of creating all of this including @MattTheLegoman for beautiful physical terrain changes, @Licarious for the navigable rivers, including extensions of the Don, Dnieper and addition of the Daugava River as the northern edge of the map (don’t forget to check out his more navigable rivers mod in the Steam Workshop), @BasileusBasileon for province crafting in several areas, @Palando for historical sources and setup help, @OmegaCorps for heritages and help with historical sources/setup as well, and @RetconCrisis for custom flags for nations such as Budini.

Now let’s look at a before and after shot:

QECMaIDYxMRcdr8JoWO-J8feZMeA7Iv_XGpN2Wz4LsXfqby06W_Mzm9pdSZMXbj1EU2SNLh9nt6Qp0gKUb2yabkPu5ZXfVgFXbZKQktlxRmxub1pfL7swegLcMosCrtxeYGsahkW
FC_YiImX6rEXa-4yvumQw1HSXQ8OutRRCW6QyFkuM_VaM8bFFR7IX8oY0PlFxmjuEfc_0wSTttFQdYf0pg3Ck7x4rOG8vAEIAOHS6v894gclaUXwbLiO8QwbdEfIuNbySTUUGEh1

As you can see, there are quite a few additions. Let’s start in the south where there are a few changes to the setup of existing nations. Scythia has gained much more land in correspondence to known archaeological sites in the area, and Tyrgetae moves a bit north to place the new Carpia tag along the Istros (Danube) River based on Pseudo-Scymnus. A number of new tags corresponding to named Scythian sub-tribes are present including Alizones, Aroteres and the Borysthenites. In game these three tribes will be dominated by Scythian peoples with many proto-Slavic slave pops to represent the Scythian ploughmen described by ancient sources. Archaeologically, both Scythian kurgans and burials relating to the final phase of the possibly proto-Slavic Chernoles culture are found in these areas, giving plausibility to the newly created setup. Additionally, the fierce Agathysi tribe as described by a number of ancient sources have also been added east of the Carpathians, with colonizable territories left to complete migration missions from German tribes as added to Invictus previously.
US_asNFJQ4KhNZmIOuOPZ4iaX4JZMrf81hRzf9WMdyuZvfq6K3IBAn55lXY3KV18-pqEJzqtU1h2Gka5RCoAhbQ0M990-rF0wxXejVrfGGwpeVTTctAYUWJGm6K7asAiiQSr15iz

1j441-6NFIdq87rIIYtV56YzELZUoE26mgBwEb7EfyCHozc54N8hTtwK1oSV2E9OJWDl_1cCK0W9Vg5lbjdl0L8rC2JlgSXeThk3pYv0aq9d0IiEXwB2HwDOaR58yz1_qfs3zO5v

7rPGKxw_NR50KeUNkz04BRRBXzUEl00rCC37qHNyDG5fO7Vw4bqKHuuYYzBtoEo_BEQKt27uvkLojnTFeHfL-vF8iFkZ6M1ig__DJ-96JQrb3A4vk9lOwBkZ_VMNA6XX5yiTuQaC

The unique Budini and Geloni have also been added. The Geloni are described by ancient sources as being a Helleno-Scythian population that facilitated trade and cultural exchange through the city of Gelon in the far north - the northernmost outpost of Greek culture. The modern archaeological site of Bilsk in modern eastern Ukraine is the likely remains of the city. The Geloni heritage gives a powerful bonus for integrated culture happiness, with Geloni, Budini and Scythian pops being accepted cultures at the start, corresponding to their unique multi-ethnic composition. Archaeological sources describe the Geloni as living among the far more numerous Budini tribe, another possible proto-Slavic tribe. Their placement corresponds to archaeological settlements found east, west and north of the Bilsk site. The Melanchlaeni tribe described by ancient sources is placed north of the Budini, corresponding to the Yukhnovo archaeological culture. Additionally, to keep the borders neat and to create migration space, uncolonized land has been added up the Don River, which has also been extended as a navigable river:
sncZfTZz43malVbTKaeyIDkdC5j3DCdqH_ViM6awWguxc7zdxF0z0Nr2TKZ-sBunAxzuARM4Okqo9boO05hMicKGB_kDYz3DNSmCEN-vSbWtI-pefkVc7UcI1q2-kzGFviqk96dv

LXtucfiDZkTaHLLfZ3Wiw5ZFYft7BiQMfYyvvK5hktQjTpjRaDaIApseyXKOHl0mAMf1v_bSH7T-AY1iXlVY12Ht3B7Q0rq8QHOGDK5Bofh0EisJr0YhBlf1mTG-4YoXBz97HSqK

PhfdiKCt3JWM5grUCDG5Xh2kmMr7jCG7Swq46NuJmZKDgums3VLyoeqxLENqOze8JRnP4ejGNfGqMdhY1o9Dot5rItKUflfPL6ZC0cglFDf40Nq3pdiJykyY2MJ_zoOhQUyeKp8f

Finally, the Neuri tribe (teal color) as described by several ancient sources, and most commonly associated in archaeology with the likely proto-Slavic Milograd culture, is placed in the far north of the new territories, with uncolonized land belonging to Androphagi culture has been added north of them. The edge of the map is now the navigable Daugava River in the far north, with the navigable areas stretching close to extended navigable areas of the Dnieper. These river additions plus added river ports and crossings are meant to give some flair and gameplay options to an otherwise stale area:
2epItOPlMY3s3Dv94NrTGLSlT6VRgZ6CtMDtykNGObAUdfQkjHEIcP7KV0OXluSITCJ-5KBQIte-UlBgAKy0AgjjGjVgEEgRGH8uAYFDeaEQXSFlmyyMNpzUzDSTSYKlnfeBNhJg

AXtUD8EfUUbpr_WagWMTb3AeFVT2xhFjAOkNlpxd7jaZQzqaUwyJ87Hicr6uH58ZtfbAvjAWAQLsZ8k9R-rCmtxWiAWKWEXwN-3GsKPNmYPlwilr_W0DQIqt6MWNb6OAWkOYW-N1

Budini flag by @RetconCrisis :
_UO1x9GfrBRgLc26zTsdqwwcBL4MXtP4uMLiqJDaJp916NP1uwzmwu5oOgspYri7LdpZEPb5tWSqkYATms5LY6EpzSs_Ah0ldLkRakREVlgA3jbQtN78-PJK3ILKBQL39uzt3a_5

Next week we'll be talking about a very large set of mission trees for an unorthodox nation to play.

Last edited:
  • 29Like
  • 10Love
Reactions: