• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I notice whenever the parties in the Roman senate has agendas (grant lands, culture rights revoke holding ect) the only party that pushes them are the one who is holding the primary consulship, and whenever the agendas are brought fourth the primary consul can "veto against his own party", which does not make entirely sense.

Suggestion: It would be interesting to have the other parties "not holding primary consulship" to bring their agendas to the table and the primary consul can veto the motion, or maybe bargain (for coin, influence or something else to agree with the motion), compromise or just out right agree.

Second suggestion: Now your own party do have agenda and the co-consul should be able to veto himself on such agendas. As leader of your party you might just ignore your followers wishes and lose support, or push the agenda and deal with the opposing parties and co-consul, bargain or compromise .

This way the senate can be more dynamic and interesting as you have to have appease the parties in order to keep the support of the senate.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Steppe Rework:
The last content for today is a big change to the central Asian steppe regions of Sogdiana, Scythia, and the Himalaya. To start out minor changes have been made to the setup of countries shown here:
acDB0U9TNcCJB9v3ZkiyQgCtGt58WBYyPRrJAaGVaX-if54rNm5tK4mHLk9qRG43dxPbrmAfUR6pNuZl6flPiPac3xF-dszs62kPPXpMccxEfIdbgjiBOdjNIzhDFBXkO-saar-m

Massagetae, a Sakan tribe, has been added in previously uninhabitable territories, Sogdia and Tayuan have grown, Sakia has been renamed Tigraxaudia, and finally Wusun has been renamed to Amygria. A more interesting change is the new culture of Tayuan. Based on both Chinese and Persian sources the people of Tayuan were largely Greek, specifically “Ionian” Greeks (mostly deported to Tayuan from Asia minor by the Achaemenid empire hundreds of years before game start). By this time Ionian culture was largely mixed with the local customs though, to reflect this a few provinces now have Ionian culture and Tayuan’s primary culture is now Ionian.
Additionally, the Scythian culture group has been split into two, with the “Saka” group being in the west and the “Scythian” group being in the eastern pontic steppe.
yFhiYmYD6nxyo6SAyZlZ7Q-xewdtIWHZhm4oavLd-BafOY_h-mjNRdLhsHxpsFDJuxDIMAlLOVAV41DAlAjq1yKjzsAgJAuk9rmxL6az0IfC6sCC3AfqDrHEL9aXRwRXlbOsCz_E

Thanks to Shocky27 for helping research all of this and helping greatly with the setup changes.

Lastly, I've fixed/developed the steppe invasions into Bactria and Persia by numerous steppe tribes. To start off, the Parthian invasion has been reworked/fixed, it will now happen 100% of the time:
knGws9tCpP_1X0sAWnxHA1ZGNC3e91IWe8JOOB04mgGGgyfWxazgwa67QSol9CDWCuZNVErzfOlb-X0SQUUARw4kV_f6YUEm7lppHK3bldR0Mw_CjJLOplcewu8V-wJzknvMpB7f

However, they won’t always win the war against the Seleucids but I’m looking for other ways to emulate the historic Seleucid collapse without railroading it too much, more on that in the future.
Next events to simulate the historic steppe “domino effect” of large scale tribal migrations westward which was kicked off in about 170 BCE when a tribe called Xiongnu created the largest steppe empire the world had seen up until that point. This happened off of the game map but the consequences of these events had huge ramifications on the territories of central Asia. Firstly, a tribe known as the “Wusun” was pushed west by Yuezhi migrations caused by Xiongnu expansion:
2KdY2jWDJ3wyBydKh6qCbLr1e4CIa2yBFe3_lAQcmL1_46zNis0Au7OOnyzWjgb-xbJG3zNsdS7y9TzAI_IcOgE4JKI2xlEFMC-yViTxL6reUMqLEKHZ84LhWN5tVx-LRSgn_-pS

This happens about 100 years after game start, the location that they attack is very dynamic and can happen in a number of territories in the Tarim Basin. I’ve also made a new wargoal for up and coming steppe tribes: Horde Conquest, which uses civil war conquest mechanics and makes the AI very aggressive.
The second wave of steppe invasions will happen 5-50 years later and it will be much more impactful than the Wusun. The entire Yuezhi event chain and decision from vanilla has been removed and replaced with a more historically accurate and fun event chain. Similarly to vanilla, first a few Yuezhi pops will appear on the map in various territories in the Tarim Basin. Then if a player is in the area, and their primary culture is the Sakan or Bactrian culture group they will gain the option to embrace Yuezhi culture, changing their country and culture to Yuezhi. However, if a player is not in the area the Yuezhi will arrive somewhere in the Tarim with a large invasion force:
VGqzTWseXV9LDeeWArCWDEwlrMWUlG7OLGlmrnHY7dzh2YKmGn5xvUi4bSm4n9mcsFrIrV-6BpNFvJWQmy1RQgZ3UfdNe5PN-EJYOLVwYSxIkj6OzjadFDnpnu1yffYJFRSNMENY

Very soon after the Yuezhi arrived in the Tarim Basin large numbers of Sakan people were forced off of their lands and decided that Bactria would be a good place to settle. Historically, this Sakan invasion of Bactria would be the end of Hellenistic presence in Bactria.
fw9Q8ZAHsqb2Q_O5dS1GCBwaZtyCdGUhVXBCRQdM065Y4dy3J6SQuzX_kXKiQAsSmTmm4h4P6SOkm60Ju6Gu892zDE5ndoFulj9RTYYAul6ItFJZeoF4PnoDwA8GY8aM-0nVTByE

That’s all for invasions…for now.

Finally, there is a new formable nation in India for any country with Sakan primary culture which can be formed after conquering the regions of Maru and Gandhara: The Indo-Scythian Kingdom which historically ruled parts of the region.
KDQfPCTUT2ECke-AHkOuDNMiFu85PjthS73or2LshhF07Ef8K-Mo6eIHKkGXJuujv8pf3EH7Lu6D1h8JHgBkVUAeOhXWF49VZ7TdAcUyntn9DIyW2OCMBKwwI6_SNRSlb6PDbhSE
I'm really glad you guys looked at the Sogdiana region and the surrounding regions, with these changes in the Steppes tribes I'm sure things will become more interesting and dynamic
Just as a reminder many of the Greeks that existed in Bactria were also Greeks deported by the Achaemenid Empire ( I always found it a bit strange that practically all the Greeks that were in Bactria are Macedonians... ) well I will leave a video here maybe it will be useful, for the historical factor.

Love that you guys are bringing up the wonderful artwork that's unnecessarily buried or tucked away from sight...if anything, make them bigger and the text underneath (like how an event looks)!

So, please a bit more love towards internal dynamics (like parties, families, offices)...

• 1Like
Reactions:
and they wrote massagets will not add :) I would like to add provinces around the Aral Sea for colonization and around the Garamantes, the unhistorically small state of Garamanta сделать её больше за счёт колонизации

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (7)_LI.jpg
    Снимок экрана (7)_LI.jpg
    2,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Снимок экрана (9)_LI.jpg
    Снимок экрана (9)_LI.jpg
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
and they wrote massagets will not add :) I would like to add provinces around the Aral Sea for colonization and around the Garamantes, the unhistorically small state of Garamanta сделать её больше за счёт колонизации Sorry for my drawings :)
We probably won't go further south than the Current Garamantes but Central-Asia who knows, probably won't look like that though.

Reactions:
I would like to engage in robberies for the tribal system in order to take them into slavery without declaring war, as in

Crusader Kings III Is it possible to do this? It was interesting that the question arises about what to do with holy places with relics (build fortresses in them) or prohibit looting without war

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would like to engage in robberies for the tribal system in order to take them into slavery without declaring war, as in

Crusader Kings III Is it possible to do this? It was interesting that the question arises about what to do with holy places with relics (build fortresses in them) or prohibit looting without war
As in raids? Slave raids?

Have you thought about modifying or rebalancing the man power? or the training camp building? is that the man power is only relevant in the early game and then it is irrelevant in most cases, which makes the training camp building a bit useless

• 3Like
Reactions:
Have you thought about modifying or rebalancing the man power? or the training camp building? is that the man power is only relevant in the early game and then it is irrelevant in most cases, which makes the training camp building a bit useless
The multiplayer community would disagree, they'd say it is one of the most important buildings in the game.

Reactions:
DD35: Fezzan, Wonders rebalance + Spanish update
Dev Diary 35: Fezzan, Wonders rebalance + Spanish update
Salvete!
Today we'll be talking about a mission tree for the Fezzani tribes, rebalancing of al the Wonder effects and custom modifiers for historical wonders and finally we'll have a little update about the Spanish translation (which as you may understand takes a long time as it is a lot of work.)

Fezzan Mission Tree presented by Aerozona:

The Fezzan Mission Tree focuses on the tribes located within the newly created region of Fezzan, namely Garamantia, Nasamonia, Machylia, Psyllia, Makae, and Phazania. Of course if you start off as Psyllia, you will need to break free since you do start off as a tributary to the Nasamonians. This mission tree will help guide you towards uniting the whole region and forming the united tribe of Fezzan. While the mission tree is common to all of the Fezzani tribes, it is slightly different for each tag.
Here is a quick look at the mission tree in its entirety (from the perspective of the Garamantes):
6yyn8nSb7W1JoRn_HqHU_LwJoGawAshngu31_KxJ-zd52zqBO52ivZmf1erMR0QgXa0CfDgh6nKclMkr0uRlNoxco5C-xJox51NF8u7hvn1yJuuv65lTt_QyG6D0ryQR9TO_v9h7

R5qEKBYfMNNTWNNvYZpBGCJ8gWlviCR5Zt4K0JTMyGKFkPPDrKQ33I9fNlRzq1bzDL8Vs5H1RWDy_E4rzAAfQy3St0DZTc4sdLXD6XOB7K2TnoMulRQx4ZBjltLB2IjvrIP5OkaS

The tree provides the player two different options in uniting the region. (Note: Once selecting one path, the other path will become unavailable). The first is through conquest and annexation of the neighbouring tribes. This path will provide multiple tasks, that each provide unique bonuses to your army, allowing your tribal armies to dominate the opposing armies with such bonuses as increased morale, manpower recovery speed, and increased starting experience.

gn76hPYoJTnlUZrLJ6I9xx-hACfWPtTkmloUzlxTf5-UieIP9Mmf7X2BujNiak1Z1OG0o9vyyN7kv947ZmKE35GyEmokvmAnyZDdBwOnR4tV189WlhMmoobvPjwpF-hoV7_a9s1c

The second path allows you to go through and unite the Fezzan region through vassalizing the other tribes rather than annexation. This path will provide bonuses to improve your subject's opinion, loyalty, income, and provide the option to upgrade any tributary subjects, to feudatories, giving you the ability to integrate them into your nation at a time of your choosing. This path of the mission tree also provides a huge unique bonus to desert combat ability, manpower and aggressive expansion impact, allowing for the domination of other armies within the region of Fezzan and other desert provinces.
6ufv1tmlKx7OitKkfQ0q6YmObNu5U1zAsT93-tFxw46NsqPl9SQJuka1-BsbrXCsniKUT3ziRoI1sIo3CPQwZ8M5pc-saOXwQHUT96teaoDJVoBIU6jFnwB_zHrNStR0U9haz0SA

Both paths of the tree guide you towards the same end goal, a united region of Fezzan, however it is up to the player to decide which unique bonuses will suit their playstyle best, both in the short and long term, since a lot of these bonuses will be permanent.

Once the player begins to expand into their neighbours, there will be optional mission tasks that have you develop and improve the infrastructure of the newly conquered land, providing certain bonuses to that province.

mpm_LkmoXeyoYh53D1SxOAZgZZluJ2vDVwP92WNswdeMCNDtAT3wsEPhXhKA3gBEz0eWWKQACdu2dCrHDiVden1YkaX2Wr2hWu6gPjQX2VOJWl-bVdgXysGVTFG2INFBoQTBg0LG

Once the region of Fezzan has been united under a single tribe, the mission tree gives you the ability to expand in multiple directions. You have the option to go east into Cyrenaica and Egypt, west into Carthage and eventually towards the Pillars of Hercules, and finally you will have the opportunity to expand northward into the region of Magna Graecia.
This expansion into Magna Graecia and beyond will set up an eventual conflict with the major power in the area (whether it be Rome, Tuscia, etc), which at this stage of the late game, will be quite powerful. However, the final task of the mission will guide you towards adding the prestigious Metropolis of Rome to the great nation of Fezzan.

SZkclc8RqAkg-aT-lNpS028HnVnRBO3_fW3hnpRxEnsk_7-gkgDolK0crUfz1bx6dCyB7crdE3Gy_sa63DsJiShY7p0vGLgxE5hfF9Kjr5mfDLncdM3HIAV5Q-KffVla7Uy9fJxV

Wonders presented by Olivenkranz

Recently, we also rebalanced (read: nerfed) the wonders and their effects. We deemed that the amount and strengths of certain modifiers were not very fairly distributed and while some modifiers didn’t get touched (education f.ex.), here below are a couple of the worst offenders after we trimmed them down - and this is entirely Snowlet’s merit.
QhLfnohNTIjQ7U36I3lAo9HqxuQgI1ofGoh9E34NRYA5VzqpDeR02q1HNUijXfg6R7S6-niAs9XPum6HnwxpMmBWU9LMrw0F2umiRvSVgfGHUeDQRLeXhdsGEUl3rtccchF3zydL

oftK1HF_aAEI3vJM6I1hd0pERTI3PVAKyEKqzVEiSk5Sj0bMgkuHDXasL1H9CUvpgP7FPa48lbBpANQs4WNJEsEBAlIOn2kuu9G9pt5w-xRxupskLaq5azmk1vprZskvURASCcVJ

As you can see, the beloved commerce income modifier has been halved - a significant reduction. And the very strong modifier of ship repair at sea has been reduced to a fourth of it’s vanilla strength. That one may surprise you, as it had already been nerfed once after the first release.

In addition to that, we have also given every vanilla wonder a unique modifier so as to set it further apart from what you, as the player, may build. Hopefully they will be more interesting and desirable than they were previously. We now present to you a handful of the revamped tourist traps of antiquity.

UbYebp0pNUmDuQ29LQJA4WV9SxUwYW1nhVLpz-YIf-Z5pLTXLWFL5DbB5UmcD_AFC0sNnFi-Gx3pfPP3fDeBodsW8ljmFwBUr0zS9MOxpS5Lj_F6LISYYuSlt-rQmZZ16ZdGL3iw

Xx71nqL7Dfh4KLqtJE7OVE_nZe1lGHJbaWT_UpilGTgopFdPnyk69SPOx-Eq4VvYrm2mPfDmQSsAFI9G3yD4rC5RENs8A4bAQsCHZ0FOYfkDbrKYM20RM1KSoncmE2kc3RCzg_oh

H0a-dAc7Gi9m-sKPqbzoyIBR-DdiaTE0wHHuT7x0HmPeBJ41lETulJSrwV6F0w4yiu1Xsplwz4tplC0XRL1voHW7C-74VHGdmMqufSebrW6omOUD2hBDV3lqva4O2RE2m_euJger

No descriptions have been written for them yet, but this may come in the future. As always, the numbers are subject to change. The modifiers are still Work in Progress and if you have a balanced suggestion, you can provide it below, we do read everything that is suggested to us. For most of them you’re gonna have to wait until the next update droops, soon +2 weeks.

Status of the Spanish Translation:

Hello everyone. My name is Juanen and I’m the one working on the Spanish translation of the mod. Today I’ll talk a bit about the difficulties of translating a mod for a PDX game, the progress of the Spanish translation, and what I’m working on right now.

So, first of all, translating is not easy. Or fast. And PDX games don’t make it easier. Their code is made to work in English, and when we translate we have to work around the limits of the engine. This creates some limitations for localizing languages like Spanish. Mainly with articles and adjectives, but the code, in general, is not made to work with words that don’t have genres in English.

So, if you find a female character being called “El Griego”, the main reason is this one. I know is not the end of the world, and it’s not impossible to fix this kind of issue. But it makes translating a pain in the ***.

If I had the time or more people to work with on the translation, I’d try to make the tools so we can have a perfect Spanish translation, but most of the time don’t have the time or the people to translate the mod and make the translation tools work better…. Even so, I’m trying my best.

Now, to the important stuff. What’s the state of the Spanish translation?

The people who play using the “DEV” versión of the mod will know already. But for the rest, I’ll tell you that the Spanish translation is perfectly playable. I try always to at least have the English locs put in place for the new stuff my colleagues are implementing all the time. But I can confirm that most of the mod is localized in Spanish. The missions for the Greco-Indian, Bactrian, Bharat, Punic, and Tamil are done. And I’ll continue to work on the rest until the next updates. Half of the Deity’s religions are also localized. And the rest of the mod is (like 90%) in Spanish.

I have also incorporated the “Improved Spanish Translation” from Vityviktor (who I thank a lot for letting us use it). And I’ve also tried to improve the vanilla translation of the game (quite easy to improve as it was not so good) as much as time lets me.

Right now, I’m working on localizing the new content for the next update, and localizing the many (many) countries of the game and its adjectives to Spanish. I’m also in need of feedback, so I’d really appreciate any suggestions from the Spanish community for ways to improve the localization of the mod and the vanilla. As my end goal is to not only localize the mod, but also improve the main game.

In case anyone wants to join the team and help with the Spanish translation, or any other translation of the mod, feel free to join our discord and contact us in the recruitment channel.

• 20Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
Wonders presented by Olivenkranz

Recently, we also rebalanced (read: nerfed) the wonders and their effects. We deemed that the amount and strengths of certain modifiers were not very fairly distributed and while some modifiers didn’t get touched (education f.ex.), here below are a couple of the worst offenders after we trimmed them down - and this is entirely Snowlet’s merit.
It's great that you gave the wonder effects a balance pass...but is there a particular reason why you didn't touched the education one? Maybe it is technically not possible to fix it, but it doesn't seem to be really effective...so it probaly could need a buff:

(I initially was more excited about it here... https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/one-question-and-one-observation.1465568/#post-27411554 ...but sadly my math isn't how the game works here)

• 5Like
Reactions:
This may have been asked before but is there any chance of the bare bones of the timeline extension mod (ie just the end date extension) and rise of Christianity events being added? As it sits tight now I thing religion peters out halfway through the game.

Reactions:
This may have been asked before but is there any chance of the bare bones of the timeline extension mod (ie just the end date extension) and rise of Christianity events being added? As it sits tight now I thing religion peters out halfway through the game.

Would be great to get the chance to post extra guards on that lay rabbi's tomb to prevent a messiah cult from springing up.

But more seriously, I really hope the timeline doesn't get extended to Christianity, that's a whole can of worms and a result of circumstances that in all likelihood won't even happen during a game.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The end date has already been extended by 23 years (I think not sure about the exact number) to 1BC, the reason is that I didn't want to go into any potential theological debate and very few people play that late into the game. You could also make the argument that the rise of Christianity needed highly specific conditions like Imperial rule and even if we ignored the potential for controversy, the specific conditions required, the gamebalance and the fact that most people don't play so long, we run into the issue that Imperator becomes quite unstable if you go too far past the enddate.
So no probably not, you have an extra 23-ish years to play with and you can always change the defines file to allow you to play even longer.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The multiplayer community would disagree, they'd say it is one of the most important buildings in the game.

My guess to the disconnect here is that manpower is only relevant in contests between similarly-powered empires, and by midgame in singleplayer there will only be one or two empires that can match yours thus making manpower less valuable. In MP of course you often have competitive rivals around so the manpower stays relevant.

• 2Like
Reactions: