• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Summary of Saturnalia updates
To make sure everyone sees it, i'll just be listing the changelog of the various minor updates to the Saturnalia update here:
V1.2a - "Saturnalia"
- Fixed a crash related to achievements
- Fixed broken compatibility with Better UI

V1.2b - "Saturnalia" (save-compatible)
- Heavily increased performance in Character screens (Aka the huge lag spike is finally gone)
- Removed Christmas icons due to increasing complaints
- Changed Iberian heritages
- Integration of Improved Spanish translation mod
- More Spanish Translation
- More fixes to Scythian missions
- Fixed tons of typos

V1.2.1 - A Balancing Update
- Rebalanced Wonders completely
- Rebalanced Monarchy military laws
- Actually implemented Characters performance improvements this time
- Removed redundant Imperial code from Macedonian tree
- Fixed Corinthian League not properly annexing small subjects
- Fixed a lot of spelling errors
- More Spanish translation
- Fixed minor GUI errors - Fixed Hellenic Deities

• 12Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Playing the mod in German language I would like to point to a small but annoying translation problem - for some reason you don't see the health description, which results in having to play almost "blind" in that regard:

Attachments

• ImperatorInvictusHealthDisplayGER.jpg
    ImperatorInvictusHealthDisplayGER.jpg
    854,5 KB · Views: 0
  • ImperatorInvictusHealthDisplayENG.jpg
    ImperatorInvictusHealthDisplayENG.jpg
    828,6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Tiny question...will there be a way to implement China in the game similar to how CK2 had handled it?

Of course, to a more limited and appropriate degree?
China won't be added. Nor did it have the same impact upon the rest of the world as during the CK2 era so it makes little sense to add it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
China won't be added. Nor did it have the same impact upon the rest of the world as during the CK2 era so it makes little sense to add it.
Uff... There's so much historial flavour that can be added to the current map, there are so many important (game- and immersion-wise) mechanics that can be improved or remade. Extending map to China, sub-Saharan Africa or wherever else is the last thing I:R needs now.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Uff... There's so much historial flavour that can be added to the current map, there are so many important (game- and immersion-wise) mechanics that can be improved or remade. Extending map to China, sub-Saharan Africa or wherever else is the last thing I:R needs now.
You know that in CK2 China was off-map? You had a tab to interact with China etc., no map. Go check CK2 out, amazing game!
Edit: It's the Jade Dragon DLC

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am no China buff, very Roman Greek study and fascination but to claim China wasnt impactful to the world compared to everything west of China is a very bold claim without any backing. Therefore I ask you to back your claim by explaining the geopolitical situation of the time and why China was of little importance to the world at this time, less important than Britain, Scandinavia, the Baltics, Tibet and Sri Lanka. All of these places if not more places had little impact on the world, and much less than China.
I would claim China, the Roman Empire, the Greeks, Egypt, Persia, Carthage, India all were connected, very important to the world development and great civilization hubs, at least for urban civilization and scientifical and philosophical development. This probably also due to their interconnection with trade.
Of course I am not blind to the fact that many so called "barbarian" places had discoveries and development of much complexion, more than previously believed, but at this point in history I would find it hard to believe that China would rank lower to world contribution and impact than:
Scandinavia, Britain & Ireland, Germania, Gallia, Hispania, Mauritania, Horn of Africa, the Steppes, the Balkans, Eastern Europe, Tibet & surrounding mountain communities.

I ask in doubt of your claim, but I am fully open to be enlightened on this topic.
However, I do understand the argument to not include China if it is because you need to focus on what is already in the game before adding anything to it.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I am no China buff, very Roman Greek study and fascination but to claim China wasnt impactful to the world compared to everything west of China is a very bold claim without any backing. Therefore I ask you to back your claim by explaining the geopolitical situation of the time and why China was of little importance to the world at this time, less important than Britain, Scandinavia, the Baltics, Tibet and Sri Lanka. All of these places if not more places had little impact on the world, and much less than China.
I would claim China, the Roman Empire, the Greeks, Egypt, Persia, Carthage, India all were connected, very important to the world development and great civilization hubs, at least for urban civilization and scientifical and philosophical development. This probably also due to their interconnection with trade.
Of course I am not blind to the fact that many so called "barbarian" places had discoveries and development of much complexion, more than previously believed, but at this point in history I would find it hard to believe that China would rank lower to world contribution and impact than:
Scandinavia, Britain & Ireland, Germania, Gallia, Hispania, Mauritania, Horn of Africa, the Steppes, the Balkans, Eastern Europe, Tibet & surrounding mountain communities.

I ask in doubt of your claim, but I am fully open to be enlightened on this topic.
However, I do understand the argument to not include China if it is because you need to focus on what is already in the game before adding anything to it.

I guess the point is that China was not very important for game area, not to some vague definition of the whole world.

Reactions:
You know that in CK2 China was off-map? You had a tab to interact with China etc., no map. Go check CK2 out, amazing game!
Edit: It's the Jade Dragon DLC
I'm well aware, I basically said an off-map mechanic won't be added nor the map itself.

Adding China would be an absurd amount of effort and the game is simply heliocentric. I'm not saying China isn't important but compared to CK2, there are no mongol invaders and the silk road wasn't as important nor was the world as interconnected. Rome and China didn't have much contact and the game is called Imperator: Rome for a reason. The core of the game is Rome and the Greek World and adding China is too much effort for what is in essence a sideproject of the core part of the game.

Reactions:
Adding China would be an absurd amount of effort and the game is simply heliocentric. I'm not saying China isn't important but compared to CK2, there are no mongol invaders and the silk road wasn't as important nor was the world as interconnected. Rome and China didn't have much contact and the game is called Imperator: Rome for a reason. The core of the game is Rome and the Greek World and adding China is too much effort for what is in essence a sideproject of the core part of the game.
I agree that China is not added because well you know she was in so many internal conflicts that she was more occupied with herself, not to mention the points that Snowlet pointed out here
However I think that somehow we should portray the silk route even if it is through events, after all it is partly to blame for Buddhism having spread to the regions of Bactria and Tibet, not to mention the economic factor that was important for the countries in these regions

• 1Like
Reactions:
I feel that in many ways the various territory modifiers around the world could be buffed a little, having the provinces along the Silk Road or some heritages to boost commerce income and periodic events akin to the Yeuzi events could be interesting. Though if ever a wide spread attempt at reforming the trade system was made the Silk Road should be one of the main focuses.

• 3Like
Reactions:
There is a mod that adds China, it's called "Gladio et Sale". I understand the reasons mentioned by devs, but I think that having China in the mod would be absolutely great. Unfortunately it can't be achieved without spending a lot of time and effort which could've been spent on something else, but still the final product - the ancient playground from Pillars of Hercules to Korea - would be glorious.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it only me or does anyone else think the tribes consolidate too easy? By the time Ceasar pops up the Gauls are ruled by one tribe, same goes to other tribes in Britanny, Germania, Iberia and the Steppes regions.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is it only me or does anyone else think the tribes consolidate too easy? By the time Ceasar pops up the Gauls are ruled by one tribe, same goes to other tribes in Britanny, Germania, Iberia and the Steppes regions.
Kind of. At the same time you have large parts of Iberia and parts of Gaul that never change because Defensive Pacts keep anyone from doing anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: