• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question: can we get some in progress game pictures of the current assimilation and religious conversion situations? Would love to see what it did!
2021_12_12_7.png
2021_12_12_8.png

These are some examples from one of our testers (hence why they're not in English). They're AI-only runs ran until 586.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Playing a Roxolani to Sarmatia game and noticed a few issues. The tribal succession event is firing twice each time a chief dies, hitting you with a nasty loyalty and stability penalty that can get unmanageable quickly if you have several in a row. Not unlikely given the usual age of chiefs.

Hi there. First of, thanks for the mod and your continuous work on it. :)

Regarding the issue mentioned above: Has this been checked yet? Playing as Iceni tribe (mod version from 15.11.2021) I too get the succession event twice (2x succession_crisis.5, according to game debug). This is pretty game breaking as most elected rulers are old and therefor die rather quickly (with stacking penalties which cause civil wars without end)...

Comparing it in Notepad++ it seems there are two files which fire this event: 00_specific_from_code.txt in the PDX original game folder (common\on_action) and on_ruler_change_inv_.txt in your mod folder (common\on_action as well). Could it be that the original game event file is not overwritten by your file and therefor those events fire twice at the same time (I don't have another explanation)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ok this question may sound silly but I really don't know how to solve it.
I would like to use the Imperator Invictus version from here https://github.com/SnowletTV/Invictus but I have no idea how to add it on lauch to use it on Steam
Can someone teach me how to solve this?
you create a new mod on steam and add all the files to it.

Reactions:
DD32: Ceylon + Mauryan trees + Saturnalia update
Dev Diary 32: Ceylon + Mauryan trees + Saturnalia update
Salvete! This will be the last DD this year, but it’s a large one so we hope you enjoy.
We’ll be talking about Ceylon, Mauryan mission trees and at the end the patch notes for the Saturnalia update launching within an hour of this post.

In about 500 BCE Prince Vijaya and his followers were expelled from the Vanga kingdom. Vijaya then sailed to Sri Lanka and established the Tambapanni kingdom. Tambapanni at game start is now known as the Kingdom of Anuradhapura which finds itself in a very interesting point in Sri Lankan history in 304 BCE. Devanampiya Tissa Vijaya is the ruler at the beginning of the game, historically he would play a crucial role in the rise of Buddhism on the island of Sri Lanka.
0Ng9Q9DL8Lc2Jh1JWrp5g8xjM7vWSBDbebmS-fMjpEs-jerISZXLxVs75021n4PFCVxEIux37Y8IOdQacie_zBLc9Pp8SIdmDzFAaqSps3T-6a1BXgItPGFRvFFfCNGsmADwxAWe

Many changes have been made to the Kingdom of Anuradhapura. These include a new heritage, Vijaya bloodline, and 23 new characters based on the Vijaya family tree.
RGTsWu5BKhgalzQgbWnw4E9ZUdQXybQCfVjofrkP1qZ3TwfPNNXcw3H0Cs1rxw5ywcRH6e0ZEV5T2GcUhSdp1JVUdlkxUVZAy139LJux5zJI0XRUyqtgCZzAjGuUUH_gBLJc6-VD

f-TXinyizE3u6cOKJdEEmgHataK9XgaycRFvZXH5TtvNpc1ENxLFnfNssNg5rtJHaU44vDjFbJubLV9MsAcayGgvqCO-EiMswATyUAyhZL1jMYB46yuGrqIdpMx2dUQMm3xhr_1E

8vNLzafVVczdEySFX4eSk9z8DjbJETLIFgl20NZJ98lIjG_PvQzmM3OAFYoe6aYeobJ6ZA4-mUpQCNzdxg0Dz62jbM_N8XluB1jgCe2P9-ji_KkmOlcny4meI50atnH1KrRI4a7C

Anuradhapura now has 2 new mission trees, here is a look at the first tree:
MdBdqdPX1oEorxId6r3z2rMJhUwr-eVDBFnsC8gvmheSWvSMzmY54rdlXTmfCD4sNaReGmOTsGMAnLqU58OTCn1HQ-9VdeRyFBckHOGWl5fy80L2HNl91MDPjN2iC-MocVrHHH3C

The first tree has tasks that will guide you through taking control over all of Sri Lanka and then go on to dominate the encroaching Tamil kings. There are many tasks to develop the Island and many interesting events to convert to Buddhism that closely follows the legend of Mahinda Thera’s conversion of Devanampiya Tissa and all of Sri Lanka. Here is a look at a few of the tasks:
bg4M5L-RgoefDFu-gN5-IWzYcbgIA00eh-I9CUgklLlY05WWtf1BYZ-pi6a1L3oZOomJ7Maz7Xpd7pJ4XUbbQNX2P21brnXwvFyqZ8l7iVp9-2z_RROFqudOkjNgun_e7dQJn3g4

whCH9gVaC2BphDeWgGFG68ZHA7CcSWk2hwy7G_76POVmLXfhL3UtpIpDbnaL9aJ9YCynmfPkxbXWeRCBhbFbd04Xp-jYAu5qwsBTs45EwcKf2NKrTNPEkHdojDo37lSgUYuYEpqV

XImn51SCKmFs2uqz_ZPv_ERH7vKjQO6A8yzGCRrCXnsCdDXRPSkrFQoHIjDGBryJ1uRZcS8Drzzqg5dYw_QJQxV9jA5do4DAu0b6KEnEUVx46UPKWIbMWN-pyibhU3XluhvtJS0M

Once all territories of Tamil, Pandyan, Cholan, and Cheran culture are owned you will gain access to the second mission tree, titled Vijayan Reclamation. Take back the homelands of the Vijaya dynasty, currently occupied by Maurya. Here is a look at the tree:
c3EYPAn3a_BXlKzWmFqsr81UCyiCKDtKFr4LTm4JCnhtddM71Ix-xBY_G2Jn-suZbJkGlJ-Wo_Tw5DO5waWI-C-_o5d_VBcpcvg-ap2juOTDxsVaGC-LF6HA0oh76YCksrJEURC2

I won’t say much about this tree other than the fact that it’s my favourite tree that I’ve made so far and each task is of supreme quality.
Here are some of the tasks:
XiIoXOkbSs9h2LdI_iOy6fWQGjNePzS-XhnzY4qc_R0DVmdKvqvK2aQVZyL2DHH3iyVq7iASXNUgq_tA0nwJnN0ZLGAgfR9GGIGX1_o6wIYW5b7zHvsff3AAPGxkkV3r370sH4WX

FTHlsr9jwkkuprp1qDCqOEgXCeydQUBCorj2ycxpYoD0d1LhaCuo9AviZk2F0fXVwa1FcQAnzI397dzSGy8rMABaXQsZ0-_ZWttMgIF9TBmiXWjVSNcLpqqvEn2IeUaCfLMA2nXP

Dk6xbKbp8Z0J4KFojBmbB7zdqUw2CHkppxTvDYYP73nIk3ERHEnvY3pKjv0Xm6V32IiZJ6JLhQlkps6JWsny0PtSZSbVCDQSXRBdPhJzWQ-odKefRgGwW9-fDcynYQ094Jvvs-0w

Masters of India is the final task and the tree is meant to bring the player right up to the formation of Bharatavarsha. Speaking of Bharatavarsha, I’ve added 5 new tasks to the Indian Empire tree, here’s a couple:
FNzDPwnYMoAGkXn9c0oEStWkfU9Mx65hMX28Txvtq_BdGIgWn0MqvNPBb4ZgiUYy8PS4AvriMz7Ut1v3MImzG0aRYm_YjtSt75fPmQ5aory14o2gWcwnwQy2OQkstidBxZwCDjV0

cpQ4ueRGGgn2W3La-eFa6D1sroAAOar1fxE62NROoES3ntkC8Mg6GxdCAPOOzxGHVWh-VRWjAKOqpDOWhk0qgGpUnFJ7tWBcFaWxx8SPc1Jd1jvWoWRB51MgFDqKOeK3QdEMspyl

Maurya will have another mission tree as well (alongside the previously revealed tree preparing for the Mauryan collapse), scripted by Typhion! This tree will become available immediately after the Maurya collapse event chain. It will have tasks to reconquer the territories lost during the collapse, and re-assert dominance over all of India. Also there are many tasks to develop Indian lands and ensure the loyalty of rebellious factions. Here is a look at the tree: (will be expanded with more sidetasks carrying over into the Indian Empire tree)
Nyy8aVw1Ujukmg3VLzzYf9lc6LD3oxsAR_cm6y1hUC7T59gmAyUL1x1vjdFwBNRk-I1qLHVJz64HbFjKqYHnMCjdZC-Yls5b4xCpTwjWVRk0eWg3xwARscgpk6fP7jAdm-AIxv7z

Here are a couple of tasks:
T2Mj-hXB-L_1mzkswvJ6mVhzdhRJGocKh-Xvfqng0RLp0okdcxdrYuvFTHTmN02GYuJXO6YNXL33IDv3Awej41MidfvoVtS4EL-k7AYV8YmZam8VDAA_PfnbgqOOu9mcQSQsnsKK

MtcCL8-Ceyu-8kRwsrCNDLdM2BHcwLR8uW--qQrO7hLd2jM1J6kJbnItsxI9qLiyV8hCq73zHvVYsbEPaFWCQYm3-8usyeBr9wB0gIsQBYvMRJ_Lah0lnlhOP2ymL9nJkc-257A5

I plan to add a lot more tasks to this tree and it will be comparable in size to the Kush missions when finished.

Lastly, a new character interaction and 5 new traits have been made for Buddhist rulers!
7GfiQBRAC3Ps0-YM_hXwH2f6hl5m8qVxrdvwzULwsA9rw6UDzWDNF77FVGNmsMbU4qBCVlX721PIw7OnoE-fgh5SkQJi7DvU-M5N93oxWRl0fy_-JFK41d1ELJqJHiELLEuvT3ip

Every couple of years Buddhist rulers will be able to take the steps to reaching Nirvana through this interaction. Every Inward Journey will not be the same, many different events can fire each time based upon the noble eightfold path and where the character is along this path. Each time the interaction is taken there is a possibility that the ruler will gain either a significant amount of progress or a small amount of progress towards obtaining a new trait. There are 5 new traits for aspiring Buddhas that represent each stage of the character's journey towards Nirvana. These traits are Sotapanna(stream-enterer), Sakadagami(once-returner), Anagami(non-returning), Arhat(enlightened), and Samyaksambodhi(complete awakening). Samyaksambodhi will be very difficult to attain but will offer some of the most powerful modifiers available…
***Don’t take any of the modifiers shown seriously everything needs balanced still***

And finally onto the patch notes for the Saturnalia update:
V1.2 - "Saturnalia"
- Reworked assimilation/conversion based upon historical standards
(Nobles/Citizens assimilate/convert a lot quicker than slaves and a general nerf)
- New custom Achievement system
- Added Christmas stuff
- Added Celtic Forts models
- More Scythian content (implemented the games)
- Spearmen added to Tactics
- New Pan-Ionian formable
- Added Phoenician/Sicilian flags
- Fixed Pink Units
- Fixed duplicate succession events
- Fixed various Judean bugs
- More Spanish translation
- Finished French Translation again
- Fixed rise of Family bug
- New Carthaginian placeholder bloodlines
- Fixed Spearmen icons
- Cleared more of the error log
- Fixed vanilla migration tooltip bug

• 30Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
you create a new mod on steam and add all the files to it.
Hmm... well I must admit I'm quite an idiot when it comes to Paradox created lauchs made for Steam, because I just can't drag the file to lauch in the mod session and it creates for me the cute mod for me to use?!?!?
Still thanks for the help luckily the Invictus team gave us a Christmas present with a new version I'll use it for now

Hmm... well I must admit I'm quite an idiot when it comes to Paradox created lauchs made for Steam, because I just can't drag the file to lauch in the mod session and it creates for me the cute mod for me to use?!?!?
Still thanks for the help luckily the Invictus team gave us a Christmas present with a new version I'll use it for now
You click on create a new mod. Then a new folder is going to be created inside the mod folder (next to save games). Drag all files from INSIDE the Invictus folder you download from the github. (unless of yourse you name them identically - then replace the folder) Pay attention to the descriptor.mod file inside the original folder though - if you have named it differently keep that one and not the invictus one.

Reactions:
Thank you to the mod team for continuing to breathe life into this game!

Are you planning on expanding on Sparta's mission tree? After a few play tests I've found their new government form to be extremely limiting. So much so that it kind of ruins the faction for me. You can't switch your government to anything else, and thus you can't have your kings lead cohorts when you reach those reforms. In my opinion, the unique government feels half baked. I get there is only so much you all can work on at once so it's not a criticism at all.

What I think Sparta is missing is reforms. What I mean by this is, during the 3rd century BC the Spartan Diarchy was clearly not working for the benefit of the State of Sparta anymore. Corruption was rampant and the Ephors held the real power behind the Kings, and the Ephors even murdered kings to try and hold onto their power if they felt threatened. Cleomenes III instituted reforms to redistribute land between the Spartiates, introduced Pikes into the army, and expanded Spartan manpower. He essentially turned Sparta into a Monarchy by killing the Ephors and installing his brother on the Eurypontid throne after the Eurypontid king mysteriously died young. This effectively ended the Diarchy as all the kings after Cleomenes deposed the other and ruled alone.

I think an extra mission tree for Sparta would be an awesome addition that focuses on their government and reforms, much like the Athenian Democracy tree. You could change your government into a monarchy, choose which Spartan family you want to be king, keep the diarchy if you want or even reform into an oligarchic republic under the power of the Ephors.
Just a few thoughts that I think would be a cool addition to (what was my) my favorite faction.

My Source for later Spartan History - Hellenistic Age Podcast - Episode 65: The Last March of the Spartans.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you to the mod team for continuing to breathe life into this game!

Are you planning on expanding on Sparta's mission tree? After a few play tests I've found their new government form to be extremely limiting. So much so that it kind of ruins the faction for me. You can't switch your government to anything else, and thus you can't have your kings lead cohorts when you reach those reforms. In my opinion, the unique government feels half baked. I get there is only so much you all can work on at once so it's not a criticism at all.
Are you sure that this sin't possible? Have you checked the decisions? According to the starting post Imperator Invictus contains the "Commander Kings" modification which allows to appoint your ruler as legion commander via decision.

Are you sure that this sin't possible? Have you checked the decisions? According to the starting post Imperator Invictus contains the "Commander Kings" modification which allows to appoint your ruler as legion commander via decision.

Im pretty sure it's tied to the existing Government types in the game and doesn't apply to Spartas modded government. The decision wasn't there on my last playthrough after I passed the Royal Guard law ( which is the law that the other factions use to get Kings leading armies). I stopped that playthrough right then and there and am reluctant to play Sparta as is.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Im pretty sure it's tied to the existing Government types in the game and doesn't apply to Spartas modded government. The decision wasn't there on my last playthrough after I passed the Royal Guard law ( which is the law that the other factions use to get Kings leading armies). I stopped that playthrough right then and there and am reluctant to play Sparta as is.
Ok, the way you describe it it sounds indeed like the incorporated mod likely does not extend to new added government types then.

Something might have changed but my first playthrough when Invictus released was Sparta and I definitely could use Commander Kings. Only with the primary King (the Eurypontid, I think?), but I did use it. I haven't bothered with Commander Kings since then because it's just too janky for me so like I said maybe something is different now.