• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was going to start an Achaean playthrough and noticed the port of Korinthos is on the wrong side of the Isthmus and doesn't connect to the Gulf of Corinth sea region.

Without going back and checking, I think it used to be correctly located in previous versions. Is this intended?

I might be making my armies wrong but I noticed the effectiveness of the Phalanx tactic isn't very high when using spearmen. Is this the same for others or am I doing it wrong? For instance as the greeks I'll but spearmen in the front line, HI/LI or Archers back line and LC/HC on the flanks but the phalanx formation will only be 55ish% effective whereas shock will be 70-90% effective.

DD29: Custom Achievement system & Pax Romana & More Art
Dev Diary 29: Custom Achievement system & Pax Romana & More Art
Today we’ll be presenting to you an achievement system that will be used in Invictus, it adds in-game achievements alongside the vanilla achievement system and doesn’t require ironman. We’ll also be presenting a lot of great art made by Aquizar. But first we’ll be talking about the Pax Romana, a new project meant to streamline mechanic development between major mods.

The Pax Romana, a union between Imperator: Invictus, Imperatrix: Victoria, Lord of the Rings, Bronze Age Reborn and Age of Iron (with options for further expansion) is a project meant for us to share code and resources to an extent that cannot be achieved in the Mod Coop. In essence it is a private discord for us devs to be able to work together, but the benefits will also be felt by the players. All participating mods share a testing team and mechanics like the Achievement system, which can be made by us in a modular way allowing each mod to use it. (The Pax Romana does more than just this, but as it is in essence a private union, we won’t be revealing everything.) This greatly speeds up mechanic development and ensures only content of the highest quality gets in. We can also handle permissions and credits more easily, especially for art, by using a private forum.
JXBMXdxpnSFpslHLykay0ZVnBDITbmPdcRqDRDR1wZiOCSaaadsoK45eNZaRS1yvK5gJec3jvZKKzXUJOrQL0xELGHYP3mQb2y4a3FJ9ghmNlOpeP22RcFDWTYSoGEnNyS8A8y3i

In essence, you’ll start seeing shared mechanics and, in-general, content and art of higher quality in all participating mods.

Note: The forum seems to be buggy and at times doesn't display the Art/Gifs correctly, instead just providing strings.
So onto achievements, sadly when using almost any mod in Imperator, it disables the achievement system, you’re also required to use Ironman mode. Luckily for us, Agamidae developed a system that allows us to create custom achievements. Now the big downside to this system is that achievements don’t get saved in between new saves. So if you start a new game, it won’t keep track of which achievements you have finished. Anyway, here’s how it looks like:
KCRBxH6cKn-vprR4-U5JELr7BfQc_mgI9_FHzTi9QELz3mUGeBGLZnTf57p2cHYZpk8uHP3VIeP-rB_PoRD7tOps-XJvK-AxFtmNq6n5LqlETkIYMsZF6_gRrzcF59O5Q2oaauLS

The button to open this screen will be found in the menu screen as shown here:
wrCXaiF7paMqGEE6V7drOIMFDheLOn6feM2nDfg4P7VRVBoXy4XbG8SdVbwdEAKfF40mTyHVSORVB-YFU5bKVcipJULt8wVo-l5qmD0YYEbcUzIWjraaizIVLDagT7zCeKL6CaHn

For performance reasons, some achievements require a manual check:
D8_8razH3CkwefJ2zTDlXWPAqBHGIusYOOjXJR9rHRDF9f_03vsD7oseTbKweY-p4GeDX2gyKGhjN1PZvfbFQxxsMdLjARhTaIw-5ifaxmjEzkRCWQgnDc22M7iKjqvcpOzsH-fl

Otherwise, once you have completed an achievement, a minor_event (the events you see in the queued events section) will pop up as shown here (only for events without a manual check):
DwF7vSq2BgVQ9qP-mTLyDnj346vlRQzLH9sVEvqg8tOrX1VlXcQNywSXftc0cSKk_vDyajuGPG0PQ5VNFr4fgrWNsGlVp0hG68fW6y14xLYnAmLQQEyBHK3Dhs1peGuA5aXlTPuf

Unlocked achivements will have a subtle shimmer effect:
bDaKOtC1eA8AYgLC0ZBrKjkLlVKcwJGTKP0YnZwc-avD6RdJjYj8ZUODquahYo3mNpJDMf2llEn-3DLj2ws3ZTGg5soj3Y2dJyALvMza_ELJ-GJGPBBfm-ejzqO_Am1KaqcrUHph

Our intention is to highlight new content added to the mod and to encourage you to try different things.
If you have concrete suggestions for achievements that we should add, send them to us HERE: https://forms.gle/zdRHjp1xfLu6mgnt5 if you suggest them ANYWHERE ELSE, we will IGNORE them. This is done for the sake of organisation.

Now finally onto more art by the amazing Aquizar, who you should definitely go check out at: https://www.artstation.com/macbeth_45:
53Qk-C9jygrFu8b24lOQFQmGYIbN9aW_FlhWxuI7IWCtkb7kt8-DG14Cb7QR5cJxZIf_VmcIi_f-ahdgezIJV_o50bRXvIjhzKc3UG1qpvx4t0FScppaMcnbLWSWPjZTzklDqOWb
y648PJ55yMRlJmO-btNgDTLAioE0O3MpjpXAhpaAagm6U4IePFnBbjHhS-MfTWqb97vnQWAiXdpNUzmm0-MxSw-h87-xdiDIY9jrZnH7HZMvX8YmcTs0DPZWCsKlaKjCmf9vnLG_
ShCl-ILmtxzWis-yQuFztZeD1UAwzO8IntuKMwIeNL_sE2Mr9Z3dC-EOLBVnoInVrPFVIAiOq1ttvYEa76PiYKpyAy8dVUHuG9DFulVqnLW3f6KdnzEErXFtlsqXxyA6EhwGNe52
A_9rpazOVvc9RzWp4P8taSYBPXBjPvHAJyn51iiB0RUXlk2PAviU-O5e14i3ifocyjINNTptID2VnHTt04c80M2yhbnWAli0NNy3FZIYEdaBDet0ZJC-9KSiQAa1HZUOAm2DvqKq
ORk48XF6Ka4LrWJGHpWy2eQXpxeB4_qZTNPe3n0cruVrvdblT9umSvexjH9eU9Mw5xbkI8B2rtaSdMV0NcFQQBFKde2cHT7Mroxa_bBugVZUwR7p1qhvP-KdKMiiB5FUDiLV4mNv
8V23bYeJSZye1KKoXo0I2CaXDOhA0kkRMmPa_5oPkfyfTkk-grYBpXRPSMkn8qPFx69dnMksHTBFFPBUU4yVmOVK4abRSnxLszraf7l6uSzavizXjFtxTjEJRSOKW6GvbETW67ei
CfOb8Iu39eOJo166U5GOhlWhCAwJNWyTf85hw3FAyQimyEldr78_3UbkPLQ652nW1qwSd0F41OT-6HItP-14VEoPLeNZoGYOjJRi9hQzbKJbjf7aptaB_CheGZAUFOADOL5YXNYc
0wAIB3vxE-bB7rDMh-DRuP_SH0WsYJ8OcIqWKJr1BCnp-15z-AViFKv7t5fc9-_Pbm57eoA8gSQDUh84ux9HuCKFyvN_Shl4k0PvU6XCjZ9Y_oL2-NNX4gvDqGWgVCmnPY28NwCW

Here is a look at a couple of new mission headers made for Kush and Scythia:
svLacbJutuR_OXYjTjSZ7B5LG9o7G8JMjnKZoQwvoYO5Ib4TlsylYEtKrY_7gRKEeOBHrCIwrkMuUbL6ozc6_jjTfe7it64gxIbUF0FHWPsx8sxUkfrzEnwp2wjTmXnRYoD6AX-d

b_ZS8ioOR0hH2KJelUeu8vBtmAZDCcEi5tNfWMukAMZtV4oGAgxXGD1u5t6ax0NhzgUxGjoHvO6FTq5SIf3GalwrxDtHPZ2UIJj-ZI6-HPxe7QL0r9mk_PHAyuX8Q4HGsSjJdOkh

Finally I wish to thank the whole community on behalf of the Invictus team. We greatly appreciate all the support, but I still wish to remind people that we’re modders working in our spare-time and we have no obligation to add anything.
The reason I say this is because there have been an increasing number of people who straight up demand whole features/mechanics which takes hours upon hours to make.
Thank you all for your understanding, we work for free for all the community, but we only work on what we enjoy ourselves.

Last edited:
  • 50Like
  • 34Love
Reactions:
Just found out about scale of invictus project. Amazing work guys. Wish that your pax Romana collaboration will make project great. What about me, i lust this game one day will fill with content of historical era before crusader kings 3. Like full antiquity period with Julius Caesar and Mark Antonius to christian Rome and dividing of empire. That would be great. unfortunately can't fully finance project, but i think most of fans of this time period will pay 10's as for original game if that kind of project would exist

Reactions:
Sounds promising. I really hope that Lambert's Paradise will be in the next update.. =P

More seriously though, I do have an idea for a mission tree: "Discovering Trojan Heritage"

To get this you need to be civilized and have integrated greek pops (maybe even at noble level).
The missions are centered around integrating greek culture and religion into your empire and comissioning an epos which describes the time between the Heros' flight from Troy and the founding of your capital.

The mission rewards would be some happiness for integrated pops and greek pops. Maybe soem religious happiness.
The great reward at the end would access to some greek-only decisions and missions, maybe even get access to the Diadochi mission.

To idea is to allow some of the tribal nations to gain more mission and, yes, it is very inspired by the Aeneid, I admit..

• 1Like
Reactions:
Been playing a lot of IR lately due to this mod guys, Paradox Devs did a great job with the 2.0 update and sadly it got put on hold but you guys have really breathed new life into it. I remember Roma Surrectum and the DVK modder with the RS team had me playing RTW right up until IR released and Snowlet and the team give me the feeling you guys are doing something just as remarkable.

Within the realm of realistic expectations I would love to know what you think is possible.

Could a fleet be given civil role? Eg. Could a fleet mission (protect trade like lights ships in EU4) be created so a fleet will operate in a certain region of sea tiles that would make trade more efficient and protect against piracy? If no fleet was assigned to protect trade then commerce income in those provinces would receive -50% income from trade. Would the AI use it? Larger nations of say >Major Power would receive strong admiral loyalty maluses commanding overly large fleets (say 80+ ships) to stop them abusing smaller powers and increase competitiveness. Granted a naval rework is probably so big it would need official support with modding tools but it would skyrocket the playability of the game for Carthage, Athens and the Arab traders in the Indian Ocean.

Your DD's on Cyrenaica look very exciting and with regard to the HOI DLC, some missions spawn philosophers every so often for the Diadochi and I was wondering could this be used elsewhere. The game consistently lacks primary religion & culture characters as Empires expand. I especially hate as Rome when I want a roman hellenic to govern my provinces but I have only druidic punics & caananite nuragic characters to pick from. Could the spawn character event be restructured as a region specific 'decision' or "VERY short" mission for every culture? For Gauls the mission would annually be introducing a minor primary culture and religion character with medium/ high finesse and martial from an event (eg tribal dispute victor display exceptional abilities) while Rome may have an event such as 'upcoming Senator', scythians (exceptional horsemanship). All spawned characters would be minor characters of primary culture & religion. Once the decision was enacted once the event would trigger automatically every year.

Again very good, only criticism for this patch is that cultural and religious conversion is too quick in my opinion, but I know its a hard job trying to please everyone.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Is the Better UI 2.0 and Improved Road Building mods compatible with II?
Can they be integrated into II, as other mods have been?

"Fine I'll do it myself."
[thumbs up]
Better UI is compatible with it, load it before invictus in the mod order.

Dev Diary 29: Custom Achievement system & Pax Romana & More Art
Today we’ll be presenting to you an achievement system that will be used in Invictus, it adds in-game achievements alongside the vanilla achievement system and doesn’t require ironman. We’ll also be presenting a lot of great art made by Aquizar. But first we’ll be talking about the Pax Romana, a new project meant to streamline mechanic development between major mods.

The Pax Romana, a union between Imperator: Invictus, Imperatrix: Victoria, Lord of the Rings, Bronze Age Reborn and Age of Iron (with options for further expansion) is a project meant for us to share code and resources to an extent that cannot be achieved in the Mod Coop. In essence it is a private discord for us devs to be able to work together, but the benefits will also be felt by the players. All participating mods share a testing team and mechanics like the Achievement system, which can be made by us in a modular way allowing each mod to use it. (The Pax Romana does more than just this, but as it is in essence a private union, we won’t be revealing everything.) This greatly speeds up mechanic development and ensures only content of the highest quality gets in. We can also handle permissions and credits more easily, especially for art, by using a private forum.
JXBMXdxpnSFpslHLykay0ZVnBDITbmPdcRqDRDR1wZiOCSaaadsoK45eNZaRS1yvK5gJec3jvZKKzXUJOrQL0xELGHYP3mQb2y4a3FJ9ghmNlOpeP22RcFDWTYSoGEnNyS8A8y3i

In essence, you’ll start seeing shared mechanics and, in-general, content and art of higher quality in all participating mods.

Note: The forum seems to be buggy and at times doesn't display the Art/Gifs correctly, instead just providing strings.
So onto achievements, sadly when using almost any mod in Imperator, it disables the achievement system, you’re also required to use Ironman mode. Luckily for us, Agamidae developed a system that allows us to create custom achievements. Now the big downside to this system is that achievements don’t get saved in between new saves. So if you start a new game, it won’t keep track of which achievements you have finished. Anyway, here’s how it looks like:
KCRBxH6cKn-vprR4-U5JELr7BfQc_mgI9_FHzTi9QELz3mUGeBGLZnTf57p2cHYZpk8uHP3VIeP-rB_PoRD7tOps-XJvK-AxFtmNq6n5LqlETkIYMsZF6_gRrzcF59O5Q2oaauLS

The button to open this screen will be found in the menu screen as shown here:
wrCXaiF7paMqGEE6V7drOIMFDheLOn6feM2nDfg4P7VRVBoXy4XbG8SdVbwdEAKfF40mTyHVSORVB-YFU5bKVcipJULt8wVo-l5qmD0YYEbcUzIWjraaizIVLDagT7zCeKL6CaHn

For performance reasons, some achievements require a manual check:
D8_8razH3CkwefJ2zTDlXWPAqBHGIusYOOjXJR9rHRDF9f_03vsD7oseTbKweY-p4GeDX2gyKGhjN1PZvfbFQxxsMdLjARhTaIw-5ifaxmjEzkRCWQgnDc22M7iKjqvcpOzsH-fl

Otherwise, once you have completed an achievement, a minor_event (the events you see in the queued events section) will pop up as shown here (only for events without a manual check):
DwF7vSq2BgVQ9qP-mTLyDnj346vlRQzLH9sVEvqg8tOrX1VlXcQNywSXftc0cSKk_vDyajuGPG0PQ5VNFr4fgrWNsGlVp0hG68fW6y14xLYnAmLQQEyBHK3Dhs1peGuA5aXlTPuf

Unlocked achivements will have a subtle shimmer effect:
bDaKOtC1eA8AYgLC0ZBrKjkLlVKcwJGTKP0YnZwc-avD6RdJjYj8ZUODquahYo3mNpJDMf2llEn-3DLj2ws3ZTGg5soj3Y2dJyALvMza_ELJ-GJGPBBfm-ejzqO_Am1KaqcrUHph

Our intention is to highlight new content added to the mod and to encourage you to try different things.
If you have concrete suggestions for achievements that we should add, send them to us HERE: https://forms.gle/zdRHjp1xfLu6mgnt5 if you suggest them ANYWHERE ELSE, we will IGNORE them. This is done for the sake of organisation.

Now finally onto more art by the amazing Aquizar, who you should definitely go check out at: https://www.artstation.com/macbeth_45:
53Qk-C9jygrFu8b24lOQFQmGYIbN9aW_FlhWxuI7IWCtkb7kt8-DG14Cb7QR5cJxZIf_VmcIi_f-ahdgezIJV_o50bRXvIjhzKc3UG1qpvx4t0FScppaMcnbLWSWPjZTzklDqOWb
y648PJ55yMRlJmO-btNgDTLAioE0O3MpjpXAhpaAagm6U4IePFnBbjHhS-MfTWqb97vnQWAiXdpNUzmm0-MxSw-h87-xdiDIY9jrZnH7HZMvX8YmcTs0DPZWCsKlaKjCmf9vnLG_
ShCl-ILmtxzWis-yQuFztZeD1UAwzO8IntuKMwIeNL_sE2Mr9Z3dC-EOLBVnoInVrPFVIAiOq1ttvYEa76PiYKpyAy8dVUHuG9DFulVqnLW3f6KdnzEErXFtlsqXxyA6EhwGNe52
A_9rpazOVvc9RzWp4P8taSYBPXBjPvHAJyn51iiB0RUXlk2PAviU-O5e14i3ifocyjINNTptID2VnHTt04c80M2yhbnWAli0NNy3FZIYEdaBDet0ZJC-9KSiQAa1HZUOAm2DvqKq
ORk48XF6Ka4LrWJGHpWy2eQXpxeB4_qZTNPe3n0cruVrvdblT9umSvexjH9eU9Mw5xbkI8B2rtaSdMV0NcFQQBFKde2cHT7Mroxa_bBugVZUwR7p1qhvP-KdKMiiB5FUDiLV4mNv
8V23bYeJSZye1KKoXo0I2CaXDOhA0kkRMmPa_5oPkfyfTkk-grYBpXRPSMkn8qPFx69dnMksHTBFFPBUU4yVmOVK4abRSnxLszraf7l6uSzavizXjFtxTjEJRSOKW6GvbETW67ei
CfOb8Iu39eOJo166U5GOhlWhCAwJNWyTf85hw3FAyQimyEldr78_3UbkPLQ652nW1qwSd0F41OT-6HItP-14VEoPLeNZoGYOjJRi9hQzbKJbjf7aptaB_CheGZAUFOADOL5YXNYc
0wAIB3vxE-bB7rDMh-DRuP_SH0WsYJ8OcIqWKJr1BCnp-15z-AViFKv7t5fc9-_Pbm57eoA8gSQDUh84ux9HuCKFyvN_Shl4k0PvU6XCjZ9Y_oL2-NNX4gvDqGWgVCmnPY28NwCW

Here is a look at a couple of new mission headers made for Kush and Scythia:
svLacbJutuR_OXYjTjSZ7B5LG9o7G8JMjnKZoQwvoYO5Ib4TlsylYEtKrY_7gRKEeOBHrCIwrkMuUbL6ozc6_jjTfe7it64gxIbUF0FHWPsx8sxUkfrzEnwp2wjTmXnRYoD6AX-d

b_ZS8ioOR0hH2KJelUeu8vBtmAZDCcEi5tNfWMukAMZtV4oGAgxXGD1u5t6ax0NhzgUxGjoHvO6FTq5SIf3GalwrxDtHPZ2UIJj-ZI6-HPxe7QL0r9mk_PHAyuX8Q4HGsSjJdOkh

Finally I wish to thank the whole community on behalf of the Invictus team. We greatly appreciate all the support, but I still wish to remind people that we’re modders working in our spare-time and we have no obligation to add anything.
The reason I say this is because there have been an increasing number of people who straight up demand whole features/mechanics which takes hours upon hours to make.
Thank you all for your understanding, we work for free for all the community, but we only work on what we enjoy ourselves.

Wait, what?

A new update?

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
DD30: Open-Source, Panionian League and Scythia updates
Dev Diary 30: Open-Source announcement, Panionian League and Scythia updates.
Today we’ll be talking about some changes to the Scythian tree, a new upcoming formable but first and foremost, we have a special announcement.

As the mod is now at a point we can consider it to be polished and of a quality we deem sufficient. I have decided to make the mod Open-Source, aka everyone gets access to the github link here: https://github.com/SnowletTV/Invictus. You can experiment with mod features long before they come out but we DON’T provide ANY support for the Dev version. If you’re a bit tech-savvy you can learn how to set up a github and play it for yourself. (The dev-branch is the most important branch we work on as it is basically the running build.) Some small advice, you can’t have both the dev version and the workshop mod at the same time. Also the Discord includes a working .mod file for everyone.
For a lot of people this decision won’t change much, but for those of you who don’t like waiting for official updates can now just set up the dev-build.

We hope this provides some more transparency as to our development process and status.

Now onto Scythia:
---Scythia Mission Fixes---
Salvete! OmegaCorps, Olivenkranz, and I (Hannibal_theCannibal) have spent time developing the final missing components of the first Scythia Mission. When Invictus 1.1 dropped, there simply wasn't enough time left to finish scripting the event chains for two of the Mission tasks. Rather than holding the entire mission back, we released the mission with some dummy placeholder events with the understanding that we'd quickly patch them in when we had the time. I'm happy to say that we have accomplished that goal and the event chains for the Scythian Games are up and running. Let's dive into the mission to talk a little bit about the specifics.

Nestled within the "Our Stance on the Greeks" mission available to Scythia are two mission tasks that I'll be discussing today.
XuUSXAvpz2rLEtmdcqX8nrHc9R9dAWuQcOP6ixddr2ITND7QiqkB-tvqftvysm2w3EWMi4hWYhan0u--AM9DGsosXdQ4nSWjx8j0PRP2vZIb2jGI4nty1vCom7wUHV_lVfkzdAOH

On the "Hellenizing" branch of the Mission, the task "Euxinus Games" refers to the desire for our Greek-loving Scythians to earn the respect of the Greek world by hosting an Olympics-style series of games. This mission task will invite athletes from the wider Greek world to compete in games to determine a champion. In order to complete this task, the player will be required to build up the infrastructure in a randomly selected territory necessary to host competitors. As we steeped ourselves in the alt-history of this mission, earning admission to the actual Olympics seemed too far-fetched for our aspiring Scythians without an in-between step. It made sense to us then that the Scythians hosting their own set of games would earn legitimacy for themselves while offering an exotic experience to the established Greeks, potentially warming relations between the two worlds.

Requirements:
P9xtK4JUZqylL5xuQWiwcAPqmz1l-CGNv_ddNgY90WkFrvYuE5-OAyP7hmZSjZTq9La347zrIlk6DNNylvCDXAmgRNNJJHeTDkUeKygAkeNGMslKaMeiqljFXGa2RSAASOMrNZK9

Events:
rymHaJuqume8WoWg3BhhdUZq5NvA-279hffnHQaTKO3rxulLqoI7CmMrUw8veZ_6arnnSn0GZpT7A7chAF3LiDHIihC8RU9uqBvQCvBGruAYwcieXHn4iptpBq2ZfUnRZQyyVmAf

4BXGhqpA8YMLyIhuY6vEq31XIb5GFF2vhtOHYiBIf0D2uTSTI85MTz2t671gzvyRoI7xTeed_D_ZUlccQ603vvfmjU2rCcbCSg8Dc506rgePJ4NtNiVPW134BpWL_dbS0Q1SFkiL

On the opposite branch following the traditional path, the task "the Targitaoan Games" refers to a uniquely scythian/Steppe style series of games. Like the Euxinus games, the player will be prompted to develop the infrastructure of a random territory in order to host the athletes, selected from a pool of countries with the scythian culture group (e.g. Saka, Iazyges, Aorsia, etc.). While we do not have direct evidence that the Royal Scythians of the Black Sea held games like this nor is there evidence these games were directly dedicated to the Heptadic God Targitaos, there is scattered references to friendly competition between Scythian tribes which involved people from all over the Eurasian steppe. These games would have included wrestling bouts, drinking contests, hare Hunts, Archery, and horseback races. It is highly likely games like "Kok Boru" were played by the steppe peoples at this time as they still do today.

In Invictus, this mission task will send invitations to other scythian culture tags, have their athletes compete in games, and crown a champion (similar to the Olympics), earning their nation great renown and prestige. As a fun sidenote, since scythian culture tags all/nearly all have gender equality enacted, this task will have a very good chance of producing female athletes and even champions!

Requirements:
OnK1IsGA4cnlIT4rA9G29Z2PGyt5HQzvtY0KHz_wz1LHqApqx-Qlyirym2t9u5vLWk6xuCpaK4Rd9skjmf9yCwfiBha24JYmcVv5Edx-EOdeGH_45cGaqPhWNEKuNY2T0FhmSFYL

Events:
iLatyMcOMaVhIcWw6iGJuOpn_FrYBLGCO7CFWbsSM0gbAM0j7osGTjmQG-ERmJuKQc3AhlmWKIR_l2B_i0ATbR0lpwd7TZUqr4LvVrd5KVumBp1O_91HJ5gCkAB6zknXMzPEzag8

zR_YS18KLoOjRuP0uK6YwC0ApyKQSYterVHvHYBAPwVM3zvxQp_mvuhe2a9ao_j3An_qSuTQ06CXaUwOPZfZG2geMHR3Xoy4of2rjdVRpClmGPpHa1yMHVJ3muIvuHtsXWpI527C

---Scythia Roadmap---
Before moving onto newer, more concrete content, we want to quickly share our overall plans for Scythia. We have alluded to this in previous DDs but we are comfortable teasing some additional information.

If all goes well, we plan on creating another 4 missions for Scythia. The missions will be grouped based on the two 'paths' established by the first mission (Our Stance…). Two future missions will follow a historical retelling of scythian history. Although IRL, the Royal Scythians continued to lose Prominence and Territory to their neighboring steppe tribes over time, they were able to still engage in a number of adventures that we hope to emulate in our missions. This will include dealing with other steppe tribes, traveling through the Caucasus mountains, and engaging in a bit of diplomacy with Pontus and Armenia. The missions will culminate in recreating an earlier scythian achievement by fighting their way through the Levant and holding some Ptolemaic Egyptian land hostage (as they did prior to the game’s start date). It's a very ambitious path that will conclude with Scythia playing a major role on the world stage rather than being tucked away on the northern bank of the Black Sea.

The other two missions will be aimed at furthering the alt-history path of hellenization. This will include 'heading west', establishing a legitimized bloodline for the new monarchy, prying away the Greek colonies from the Diadochi, and ultimately confronting one (or possibly two) Diadochi in order to establish a capital in Greece to solidify their newly established identity.

All of these future plans are in very early stages of development. Many plans are still in flux and we are keen on any feedback or ideas from the community.

---The Pan-Ionian League---
Additionally, I've also been working on a new formable tag that can be created by National Decision, “Forming The Panionian League”. Eligible to any country who has Ionian, Aeolian, or Aegean primary culture, this decision will require the player to unify several important coastal Asian cities, either through conquest or vassalage. The required cities largely refer to the historical Ionian League that rebelled against the Achaemenid Persian Empire back in the 500s BCE. One of my favourite parts of PDX games are the 'in-between' steps, the goals and achievements made along the way to performing a higher, more ultimate function. Tier two formables offer a nice early goal that players can work towards while working to achieve a higher goal. I also felt that there was a lack of content for the Greek states on the coast of Asia, so creating a goal for those tags (e.g. Ionia, Kos, Miletus, etc) seemed like an obvious inclusion.

rTez-v8YPSvA-YTn3QYtGRd6ZGaiHdowXc9mF3aT_oDIt8zAt9Ywgdyd6SgTOKxmnAMeSf6I4jS3n2cA61XoaLP2-HmuVMSh59HzGcvLPQOT3Z1yh1w8KSC98D8SUxDgc3432uTr

Once formed, the decision generates some pops in your capital, grants some free province investments, and gives claims on every province (state) that has a coastline in the ‘Asia’ region. This will hopefully serve either as a springboard to bigger and better tags, such as the Hellenic League or give some nice, logical borders for those aiming to play a tall style naval game. Once formed, the players will still be able to complete the generic Greek mission tree available to Greek tags in the Aegean. As most of the eligible tags that can take this decision begin the game as a vassal or tributary of one of the Diadochi, success is by no means guaranteed. We don’t imagine the AI may ever successfully take this decision but players who are looking for a bit of a challenge sandwiched between nearly all of the Diadochi will enjoy creating this formable. Special shoutout to our artist RetconCrisis who helped put the flag together based on some obscure Ionian coinage I was able to look up.
GhABw27E8nxuskC_9TqfKvP2-mheIabm0eeUK0UucYYHIIp6H5tNl-dDmFdqe6Y3cLl1k4wsb3fMPn1nonwE80IHWcdiJP6SnYaXgt2iD2CtST5ABOR2ULh4iOudNwSK_hE1d3hP

jFJJkJZjoCfDcXkn5UjdTDw38SxxkXxe44d0VHNU1MT43llfRK4Vl2vGoD9ob7YDS20bN4zisFyHcIAeIKX1F8MJ4G3mS_-DLciw-h0i-h16WbxEwJ-MFFPULwbRE4Po0-_EctB2

• 28Like
  • 7Love
Reactions: