• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Main Post

Inspecta

Lead developer of "Imperator:Civilization" mod
17 Badges
Jan 25, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
Thumbnail_Imp.png

A Civilization series themed mod for Imperator:Rome

About the project

Imperator:Civilization (I:C or Imp:Civ) is a mod, that is themed on Civilization game series, originally created by Sid Meier.

Mod has civs, leaders and their flags, that historicly locates in area of vanilla Imperator:Rome map with few exceptions, like Russia and Ethiopia led by Haile Selassie. But, the mod is in BETA stage, so, there's always a room for improvements. Starting date and "calendar" are not vanilla 450 AUC, but Year 1 AFC (After Foundation of Civilization), which by my internal lore, that is foundation for some stories, begins with Roman tribal families unite under Trajan's rule.
Trajan1.png

So, you start a game as any of the available nation (civ) on the map. They all start the same - Settled Tribe government, population of 10 in every province you controll, Pantheonic religion and with an Immortal leader and/or with a unique characters, like Byzantium starts with Theodora as a leader, and she has Justinian as her husband, or Cleopatra with Juluis Caesar.
1.png

(Political map, year 1)

Rome (Trajan)
Carthage and Phoenicia (Dido on each)
Venice (Enrico Dandollo)
Macedon (Alexaner)
Athens (Pericles)
Sparta (Gorgo and Leonidas)
Byzantium (Theodora and Justinian)
Ottomans (Suleiman)
Austria (Maria Theresa)
Hungary (Matthias Corvinus)
Poland (Casimir III)
Russia (Peter the Great)
Germany (Otto von Bismark)
Holy Roman Empire (Frederick Barbarossa)
Netherlands (Wilhelmina)
France (Napoleone)
Aquitaine (Eleanor)
England (Victoria)
Scotland (Robert Bruce)
Celts (Boudicca)
Spain (Philip II)
Portugal (Maria I)
Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur)
Ayyubids (Saladin)
Egypt (Cleopatra and Julius Caesar)
Abbasids (Harun al-Rashid)
Ethiopia (Haile Selassie)
Abyssinia (Menelik II)
Assyria (Ashurbanipal)
Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
Sumeria (Gilgamesh)
Georgia (Tamar)
Huns (Attila)
Kievan Rus (Yaroslav II)
Scythia (Tomyris)
Persia (Cyrus II)
India (Gandhi)
Maurya (Chandragupta)

Start of the game
So, you've started the game as one of the civs. Now, you have to colonise provinces, which is much more cheaper and faster, than in vanilla, and fight barbarians, that will give your military a job to do. And in less than 50 years, you and AI will grow from tribes to Kingdoms and colonise that much, there will be no room (at least in Europe) and you have to make alliances, wage wars and manage your conquered lands, or recover from the lost of yours. And in all of that, you will be helped by City-States in any way you want, but beware, AI will take this advantage too
2.png

(political map on 152 AFC)

Religion
It would be crime to not talk about religion in this mod. When you start the game, everyone in the world will be of Pantheonic religion, which is a generalisation of polytheistic religions, like Hellenism, Kemetism, African Paganism and etc. But, you have two options on how to found your own religion:
  1. Control Stonehenge
  2. Wait until year 50 AFC of the game (game starts on year 1 AFC)
When the date will reach year 50 AFC, you must also keep yourself to such requirements:
  • Be Pantheonic
  • Have at least one city
  • Have at least one temple building in the city
  • Not be a City-State.
After that, you will have an event, that will tell you which religion you will be able to found (If one of the civs founds a religion, it will disappear from the list). And all what you have to do next is to spread it. Just border any pantheonic civ and eventually, it will convert.
religion.png

(one of the examples of religious map on 152 AFC)

Why Imperator:Rome?
This game, despite it's rough launch and it's obvious disadvantages to any other Paradox game, has the potential of a good Empire building strategy, that catched my eye, thanks to all YouTubers, who continued making videos on this game after it's Redemption updates, without you, I would never look at this game.

Why vanilla map?
I have no experience in map modding to create world map from scratch. I think this answer would suffice.

Why BETA?
This mod has a rough timeline of creation. I began it's development, when 1.2 was still a relevant version, and 1.3 had just few Dev Diaries. So, this mod is behind up to date version, and has few bugs and roughness on edges, that I might not aware of. Also, i must warn, that the updates will be slow, because of personal reasons, that only people, who helped me in modding in any way, know these reasons. But do not worry, this mod WILL still have updates.

Plans on next updates:
  • Give current version of the mod a patch, that fixes some localization problems, adds Russian localization, adds Menelik II and Abyssinia, and Ibrahim to Ottomans.
    Newest additions.png
  • Update to 1.5 or 1.4, if I'll have problems with 1.5. And make gods up to 1.4's new religious system.
  • Add Wonder building system.
  • Possible transition to World Map with the addition of new civs and leaders.

How you can help:
  • Propose some things, that would fit this mod
  • Promote the mod to any YouTuber you will surely know will at least check it out.
  • Help with localization to other languages, that are listed for Imperator (German, French, Chinese and etc.)

To propose your help and post link to videos or streams, post in forums and check the DISCORD SERVER.
In Discord server you can not only propose help, but also chat with other people, create multiplayer games if possible and any other thing. But I warn you, Discord server is still new and will require some flavor for people to do in it and not get bored (which is, honestly quite a problem with current memebers of it)

Find the mod here

Credits:
The Inspector: Lead developer
NothingButRye: host of the mod and tester
Agamidae: troubleshooting, events, and coding.
master_of_experts: troubleshooting, events, and coding.
MrAdrianPl: Slavic, Medieval Western European and Muslim buildings and units.
xangelo7: Slavic, Medieval Western European and Muslim buildings and units.

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
I have no experience in map modding to create world map from scratch. I think this answer would suffice.

Check out the mod Greater Earth Map Preview on the Steam Workshop. That might be what you need.

Check out the mod Greater Earth Map Preview on the Steam Workshop. That might be what you need.
I know of this mod, in fact, I talked to the guy that made it. The mod is too large (on weight) to use it. 3 GB mod is too much, and I will not find nay replacement option by that time, I'll use this mod, when it will be more optimised and lighter.

I know of this mod, in fact, I talked to the guy that made it. The mod is too large (on weight) to use it. 3 GB mod is too much, and I will not find nay replacement option by that time, I'll use this mod, when it will be more optimised and lighter.

Does the mod creator have a time line for this?

Agreed that 3GB is insane for just a map! EUIV's MEIOU & Taxes is only 140 MBs! Did the creator say why it's so big?

Edit: Downloaded the mod. It seems that a good half of the size comes down to the terrain folder at about 1.53GBs. I think it comes down to the script he wrote to generate the map being horribly inefficient and creating too much bloat. I don't foresee this mod becoming anymore optimized within a reasonable time frame... or at all considering how flaky some modders can be.

As an alternative you would look at Imperatrix: Victoria. While they don't have a public release as of yet, they likely have a more or less finished base map so if you ask nicely they *might* give you access to said map, since your mod isn't a direct competitor to theirs... The PDS modding community tends to be rather nice about sharing resources so long as you give proper credit...

So you could take a look and see if that map fits the bill so to speak.

Edit the Second: I imagine you triggered a lot of Turks by making the Ottoman leader Greek...;):p:D

Last edited:
Does the mod creator have a time line for this?

Agreed that 3GB is insane for just a map! EUIV's MEIOU & Taxes is only 140 MBs! Did the creator say why it's so big?

Edit: Downloaded the mod. It seems that a good half of the size comes down to the terrain folder at about 1.53GBs. I think it comes down to the script he wrote to generate the map being horribly inefficient and creating too much bloat. I don't foresee this mod becoming anymore optimized within a reasonable time frame... or at all considering how flaky some modders can be.

As an alternative you would look at Imperatrix: Victoria. While they don't have a public release as of yet, they likely have a more or less finished base map so if you ask nicely they *might* give you access to said map, since your mod isn't a direct competitor to theirs... The PDS modding community tends to be rather nice about sharing resources so long as you give proper credit...

So you could take a look and see if that map fits the bill so to speak.

Edit the Second: I imagine you triggered a lot of Turks by making the Ottoman leader Greek...;):p:D
I'm a part of Imperatrix: Victoria team, and I contributed to the map few things, that I am able to make. But I need to talk about using the map in my mod, so it's more probable.

And about your second edit:Ottoman leader is Suleiman, the character that I shown is his Gran Visier Ibrahim, that was greek in his origins. And I guess you missed a part, where I told, that i added side characters, like Justinian for Theodora, Leonidas for Gorgo and etc.

Dev Diary #1
Mod's Dev Diary #1 - Progress so far

Hello there, people! So, I know that with Ck3 release, Imperator will be even less popular, but I dont want to abandon this project, since I still belive, that this game fits CIvilization more than any other game in Paradox Franchize.

So, what's the progress so far from the point, when an update for 1.3 version came out? Not much as i want it to be, but I still have three things to say.

First:
I managed to make "generic" omens for religion system, that was introduced in 1.4, and those generic omens will be used for all spawned religions, and it is you and AI will decide which omens you want to use in your religion. But Pantheonic, the starting religion in the world, will have it's own unique set of omens, that will reflect Civ's pantheon system, where you choose what god to worship until you spawn a religion. All these omens are still in works, and sadly, i cant show it.

Second:
Colonization. yeah, recently this word just brings PTSD to me. In fact, this is the reason why I have slow progress in the first place. So, in 1.5, Nobles can be moved freely, this brings an issue, where colonization becomes rampant, snaky and plain disgusting. Gladly, I managed to set a price for them, but then the new problem came - colonization became super slow. I tried to tweak most things in my mod, and I still didn't figured out what is causing this colonization AI behavior to just stop in 3 years of the game. This remains my priority to fix, since this is crucial part of the mod's first gameplay time.

Third:
It's a little one. This mod now has new topbar icons, that are in style of Civ, but quite understandable from the first look. I hope you can guess them by just looking at them :)

topbar2.png

I hope you are still following and you like those things, that I managed to brought to you. Tell what you think of these things, I'll be glad to answer the questions you have.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the status update since I started fearing that the project might have been abandoned

A need for a test
Hello everyone who's following this mod from here. I have encountered the problem with testing the mod build since 1.5 version of Imperator came out, and only now I have admited that I could not resolve this issue in near future. I'm asking you for a help. A help in testing the builds that I make of Imperator: Civilization, these tests can go in just a few minutes or it can go for couple of hours at most. These are the requirements:

1. Ability to have Imperator and Discord's Screen Demonstration open at the same time.

2. Ability to leave the game run in Observer mode for couple of hours
3. (Optional) Have interest in spending time in Portrait Editor to create character's appearences based on references, that I will provide.

I hope that these requirements are not so demanding and I hope that you would be able to help me with this dire situation of mine.

Contact me at my Discord server, if you are willing to help: https://discord.gg/n83Uj76SEV

Thanks for the attention.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: