• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Palando

RESTITVTOR ORBIS
52 Badges
Feb 23, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
upload_2020-4-3_13-7-42.png

The men of the deep forests of Germania pray to their war-god Wodanaz, as the lords of the Mediterranean cities tremble in fear of their arrival. Will you lead your tribe to victory and unite Barbaricum against the soft southerners, or will your people forever curse your name and live in squalor?

We are announcing BARBARICUM, a mod focused on better representing the vast reaches of central Europe in the 3rd century BC. Through meticulous research we have been able to craft a more historical and colorful world of Europe's Barbaricum. From the black forests of Scandinavia to the wind-swept fields of Pannonia, play as new Germanic, Balto-Slavic, Illyrian, Sarmato-Skythian and Celtic tribes and secure your place in this hostile world where only the strong may thrive.

upload_2020-4-3_13-8-36.jpeg

Features:
  • Over 150 new tags in Britain, Germania, Gaul, Rhaetia, Pannonia, Skythia and Scandinavia. Among those the Chatti, the Iverni, the Galatian tribes and the Batavi
  • Formable Lugia or Vandalia for Vandal tribes depending on whether or not you want to introduce foreign influence into your country
  • Formable Francia and Rhaetia if you manage to unite your home region
  • Overhauled cultures for the European Barbaricum
  • Several new CoAs for Barbarian tribes
  • Flavour events for Aremorican nations, Frisians and Chaucians
  • Decisions for Vindelician and Lepontic nations
  • 20 new omens for Celtic tags
  • 14 new heritages for Germanic and Celtic tags
Research threads:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/furor-teutonicus-archaeology-and-tribes-of-the-ancient-germanics.1161206/page-2
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-celtic-invasion-of-greece-and-the-celts-in-pannonia-and-transylvania.1147295/

Deprecated thread.
Special thanks to:
@vanin

upload_2020-4-3_13-8-54.jpeg

upload_2020-4-3_13-8-49.jpeg

upload_2020-4-3_13-8-59.jpeg

upload_2020-4-3_13-9-4.jpeg

upload_2020-4-3_13-8-44.jpeg

upload_2020-4-3_13-8-16.png

Attachments

• Barbaricum_mod.rar
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
any formable germanic nations other than the few vanilla ones?

Is it possible to increase population in Germania and also their aggressiveness? I see that they dont get aggressive until the last century(Paradox puts limitations on barbarians and others, espacially germanic tribes, which already have a low pop count)

After the recent shock, I decided to update the mod to 2.0.3, as I no longer need to fear that they change the script logic or change a city here and a city there.

I'm still disheartened by PDX's decision :( I actually hoped to see a flavour pack for the barbarian world of Europe.

• 5Love
Reactions:
After the recent shock, I decided to update the mod to 2.0.3, as I no longer need to fear that they change the script logic or change a city here and a city there.

I'm still disheartened by PDX's decision :( I actually hoped to see a flavour pack for the barbarian world of Europe.

We'll be relying on modders like you to keep the dream alive! Please keep up the good work.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Any plans to implement playable Estonians into the game? Would not even require map expansion.
Could you please elaborate what you mean with Estonians? Do you mean with that tribes in modern day Estonia?

Or do you mean the pre-cursors of the Estonians? The latter would probably be the Aesti, which are in the mod located at the bay of Danzig. Bear in mind, though, that continous historical records are missing for this area in general, so tracing back the Estonians that far into the past is not really possible; Aesti just sounds really close to Estonians.

Reactions:
Could you please elaborate what you mean with Estonians? Do you mean with that tribes in modern day Estonia?

Or do you mean the pre-cursors of the Estonians? The latter would probably be the Aesti, which are in the mod located at the bay of Danzig. Bear in mind, though, that continous historical records are missing for this area in general, so tracing back the Estonians that far into the past is not really possible; Aesti just sounds really close to Estonians.
I cannot say if they are the same, despite the similar names. Both Estonia and Aesti seem to be named for being east of something. While Estonia was inhabited at the time of Imperator start date, it is harder to find an answer to when the ancestors of modern Estonians migrated there.

I downloaded the mod and checked Aesti but the names did not appear very Estonian, though I am hardly an expert.

I had meant modern day Estonia. But goes to show how little I have played around Baltic in Imperator. Estonia is impassable on map anyway. So my assertion that map expansion is not required was wrong.

I cannot say if they are the same, despite the similar names. Both Estonia and Aesti seem to be named for being east of something. While Estonia was inhabited at the time of Imperator start date, it is harder to find an answer to when the ancestors of modern Estonians migrated there.

I downloaded the mod and checked Aesti but the names did not appear very Estonian, though I am hardly an expert.

I had meant modern day Estonia. But goes to show how little I have played around Baltic in Imperator. Estonia is impassable on map anyway. So my assertion that map expansion is not required was wrong.
It's because they use the vanilla names.

Anyway, we don't have a single name of a ruler from that area, and then there's the question when Baltic and Slavic split from each other.

I tried your mod and it looks fun.
I did however noticed an issue: I could not form Francia. There is no info on what to do, so I conquered all Istvaeonic tribes, but it still is not possible to do.

Another issue, but that could also be from another mod, not sure here, is that I can not delete any buildings. They are not even shown in the UI, you can just see the fortress on the map. They still cost money.
Again, It could be an incompatibility with another mod, but that issue disappears when I deactivate Barbaricum.

Lastly, could you rename the traditions? Minor thing, but it is weird to play a germanic tribe with gallic/britannic traditions.

I tried your mod and it looks fun.
I did however noticed an issue: I could not form Francia. There is no info on what to do, so I conquered all Istvaeonic tribes, but it still is not possible to do.

Another issue, but that could also be from another mod, not sure here, is that I can not delete any buildings. They are not even shown in the UI, you can just see the fortress on the map. They still cost money.
Again, It could be an incompatibility with another mod, but that issue disappears when I deactivate Barbaricum.

Lastly, could you rename the traditions? Minor thing, but it is weird to play a germanic tribe with gallic/britannic traditions.
The formation of Francia was changed to a mission (but you have to be a tribe). It works at least for me, so if you could please check that.

I tried it and I can build and destroy buildings, so I think that both mods aren't compatible.

The formation of Francia was changed to a mission (but you have to be a tribe). It works at least for me, so if you could please check that.

I tried it and I can build and destroy buildings, so I think that both mods aren't compatible.
EDIT:
I tried to actually play it and run into another problem - this time I made sure to remove all other mods:
If I start the mission and one day passes, it vanishes. Using debug mode to go into other nations shows theat they too can not take this mission anymore.
As if starting it somehow removes it?

Original answer:
Huh, strange. I have no idea why, but the mission did not appear for me. Only the decision was there.

Well, the mission is there now (even if it is rather harsh, it is something to look forward to.) and the faulty decision is gone.
Time to actually make a game where I do not hide in the safety of the british isles.

Thanks again for updating the mod!
I hope you will add some stuff, but it is great as is. =)

And sorry for my weird issue.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I think there is something weird going on.

I deactivated all my mods when I did the last test and I could see (and delete) the Fortresses.
I remodded it carefully and started playing, noticed that the Francia mission vanishes when you start it and a day passes.
Deactivated all mods again , tested that part again and it still vanishes completly after a day.

I then reactivated some mods and started playing, planning to finish all tasks at once when I can do so.
But then, after I won a hairy war, I noticed that I could not delete fortresses again.
I removed all mods and even all saves - but this time the Fortresses stayed invisible.

I have honestly no idea what keeps going wrong.
Sorry for the trouble, I am just really looking forward to playing as francia.. x_x

Is it possible, as a hotfix for my current game, to remove the buildings via save editing?