• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

brxbrx

Lt. General
14 Badges
Jan 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Impire
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Rome Gold
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Because those who can't, suggest.

*Removing bane immunity from certain units (making banes useful for the late-game), or replacing it with a chance of failure
*Making Dremor anchors appear only on Ardania
*Making Gold Dragon eggs useable for resources like regular dragon eggs
*Resurrection spell that makes units undead (with death immunity, life weakness, basically)
*Make the Black Minotaurs actually black
*Make the elf fleetness ability not consume a turn

Looking through the files..changing even some of the basic stuff is quite a bit of work..prob not hard to do..just hard to make sure you get right cause the format, to me at least is really hard to read and understand

Suggestions borrowed from suggestion thread ::

reduce monster harbor bonus to 25% to make tax office more attractive
give ships siege trait to make them more useful
increase rat plague infection duration to 5 turns to make them useful late game
reduce warrior buildtime to 2 so there are more of them to hit with lightning bolt
Raise all 1 space terraform spells except cleanse types to 1.25 turn cast time, increase mana cost
Raise all multiple space terraform except cleanse types to 1.75 turn cast time, increase mana cost
Reduce Fertile land to 1 space terraform and raise cast time to 1.25; too easy to get, not tied to a god and very powerful for food eco
reduce counterspell casting time/mana cost to make it worth casting
reduce upkeep of demonology workshop and excavations; reduce research amount to compensate.
remove undead death immunity perk - give 100 death resist to compensate; helps undead not be useless agianst death cities
reduce warlock, wizard, cleric (vampire?)(mage style units) upkeep/build gold costs to promote more use of these units
reduce mage hero gold upkeep cost;
equalize all basic hero upkeep costs so hero choice is a flavor choice not a business/economy choice
reduce arathi gold upkeep on research buildings - having lots of spells doesnt give that great an advantage
Give arathi market +2 mana +2 food to make more attractive, help with early eco

Hi,
I've noticed it is possible to set a price on buildings in the xml. Perhaps someone could look into including this into a mod? For example building a temple could cost money (initial investment) but then building temple units could be cheaper. Same could go for all different improved units.

I try that Modjo and so far im unable to change.

You can edit a building so it gives pop bonus in raw number or percent :cool:, no idea why Paradox din't use that.
Im trying to make a new building and so far no good, i get and prerequire error or i can't pick the new building to build, but it show the raw name. Ex: Market gives craftsmen district, race gold building, #bld_pop_buff

a tavern or some other building where you can hire heroes would be nice ?

and, of course, more races :) if its possible ?
+1
There was a building called embassy in Majesty1 where you could hire random heroes. I see how that could work in Warlock, perhaps as a last economic building after the mint.

+1
There was a building called embassy in Majesty1 where you could hire random heroes. I see how that could work in Warlock, perhaps as a last economic building after the mint.

It won't be consistent with the game. Building that modifies chances of getting a hero is something from other games.

It would work as a spell though. "Call for Hero" or something like that.

It won't be consistent with the game. Building that modifies chances of getting a hero is something from other games.

It would work as a spell though. "Call for Hero" or something like that.
Sorry I forgot to specify, the so called 'heroes' in Majesty are just regular units, not like lords in warlock. How it worked in Majesty is you had to pay a large sum of money, wait for a while, and you would get a random unit (including units that you couldn't normally hire). A few ways I could see it work in Warlock:
1) pay +/- 400gold, wait +/- 5 turns and get a random t1 super unit, (werewolves/troll/mage/vampire etc...) or basic t2 unit (iril bowmasters/veterans/skeleton sniper etc..) with some perks/experience.
2) gives a chance to randomly bring up a mercenary event, like the artifact merchant event. This event would look like: "A troop of mercenaries proposes their service to you your Majesty bla..." and you could hire a random experimented unit for say, twice the price.

I've got 9 lords in the beginning of the game using perks for great mage like Blademaster & Imp advisor. The only problem is to give them artifacts, cause in the lords window are only 4 of them, so others can't be equiped.
Anybody have any ideas how to equip them with artifacts?

I'd like to see an end to infinite city spam. I was playing Civ 5 and while I was constantly annoyed at the lack of healing/nukes to cast on units..I really was appreciating how the game limited your cities, which gave each cities a feeling of individual value. My moding skills seem to be limited to changing a few values around (which btw I've really enjoyed and am very thankful we finally got to do!) so making this happen appears beyond me,

I'd like to see an end to infinite city spam. I was playing Civ 5 and while I was constantly annoyed at the lack of healing/nukes to cast on units..I really was appreciating how the game limited your cities, which gave each cities a feeling of individual value. My moding skills seem to be limited to changing a few values around (which btw I've really enjoyed and am very thankful we finally got to do!) so making this happen appears beyond me,

Just make cities eat tons of food/mana.

I would really like to see some diplomatic features added. For example the ability to set up trade partnerships and the ability to close your borders to certain factions.

I would love if the minimum distance between cities was increased. As it is now the whole map is quickly covered in urban sprawl.

Increase the penalties to non starting race cities. Along with this add the ability to change the population type of a city over several turns.

Make sea transport units instead of allowing any unit to move onto a sea hex.

More variation and stronger themes for the alternate plains. How about shadow worlds elemental worlds hellish worlds heavenly worlds ect.

A friggin dwarf faction for crying out loud!

I think this game would be well suited to a "Barsoom" overhaul. We have distinct races (green martians, red martians, etc) with unique units (as opposed to the tech trees of Civ V), we have any number of location-specific units (kaldane, white apes, etc). I only wish I could import city-states from Civ 5.

Heck: an overhaul of the portal system (mostly size and inter-connectivity) and what are currently other planes become other planets (Jarsoom, the moons, etc).

And since the entire fiction is in the public domain; there's room for Paradox to make an official conversion pack (*hint paradox: I would pay for this as DLC).

On a different note: I'd really like to see the sub-planes come into more use. I did prefer how Master Of Magic used its single demi-plane. You couldn't really finish the game without going there, and even before then it was a terribly convenient way to travel.

Honestly: I'm only ever hitting the demi-planes late game and for the fun of it. If I'm playing for a win: I have no reason to go there.

Perhaps an interesting alternate start: Make the demi-planes more friendly and the main plane more dangerous and then start all the wizards on demi-planes. You would basically have to fight off the monsters in your demi-plane, protect your portal, expand out into Ardania, and then clear the other demiplanes one-by-one (assuming you were after a conquest victory).

On a different note: I'd really like to see the sub-planes come into more use. I did prefer how Master Of Magic used its single demi-plane. You couldn't really finish the game without going there, and even before then it was a terribly convenient way to travel.

Honestly: I'm only ever hitting the demi-planes late game and for the fun of it. If I'm playing for a win: I have no reason to go there.

Perhaps an interesting alternate start: Make the demi-planes more friendly and the main plane more dangerous and then start all the wizards on demi-planes. You would basically have to fight off the monsters in your demi-plane, protect your portal, expand out into Ardania, and then clear the other demiplanes one-by-one (assuming you were after a conquest victory).

You can make planes easy mean of transportation. Make it so that portals are clustered there and you can use it to get to other side of main map.