• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
possible to split heavy infanterie in swordman and hoplite ?
not mention to phanlanx, who can be a light infanterie too (or medium)

I won't be doing that for the reasons I described above, mostly because all units are shared between all factions. Once I will separate different factions from currently same cultures (so Sparta not being in same group as Macedonia), I will rename generic units name to more specific names.

I hope you can work in conjoin with this other historical based mod too! Emendatio Historiae Imperatoris. Other than that I will also subscribe and hope this helps with the bland unit system of vanilla!

It depends if they would be up to or if they even have something like this in mind.

Major Update is released!

-Fixed units names for all cultures with either English or Native names
-Fixed new unit icons
-Added new units into Roman and Hellenic military traditions
-Tweaks to units stat balance

Next step:
-Split Hellenic factions into more unique groups so for example Spartan and Seleucid units will use different names
-Split Hellenic factions into more unique military traditions group
-Add new units into existing military traditions of remaining cultures with culture specific perks

I am more or less set with the vision for military traditions I have. Initially I wanted fully unique tree for different states but to save myself time, I will make them work differently. Factions like Ptolemaic Egypt, Bactria, Sparta, Seleucids will have unique military traditions path but will have shared 2 other military traditions paths. That way I will be able to cover more cultures faster and have a good base to work on.

This update sounds great. Thanks.

Just a concern, does or will the AI use all of it appropriately ?

Thanks Kam, really enjoying the added depth to the armies and combat your Mod gives !

Glad to hear it!

Let me know if anything feels off. Some stuff just need more testing to be noticeable.
Will do, but I'm cautious before I'd call something feeling off :)

It seem that you forgot a few lines of modifiers.
EyAkJx.png

Can I have your permission of chinese localization? If I can help.

Update released:

-fixed missing icons for hill combat bonus
-slightly nerfed chariot bonus vs light infantry
-added new units to Persian, Barbarian and Indian military traditions
-added Chinese localization
-fixed missing light infantry unit name for Carthage

Credits:
Caladaras - Chinese localization

Update released:

-Chariots now require horses and are not locked only to Barbarians and Indians
-Barbarians and Indians now also need to get horses in order to recruit chariots but get large price discount for them
-Greeks get unique Scytched Chariot military tradition that boosts power of their chariots
-Chariot stats boosted but price increased to 18, heavy cavalry is still cheaper and better overall for factions that historically did not use chariots at this point
-Added unique icons for new units, replacing previous placeholder icons (most of modifier icons still need new icons)
-rebalanced most of unit stats
-ranged infantry cost increased from 4 to 5
-fixed UI bug that did not allow to select all prefered units for flanking

I an guessing this mod is dead?