• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps some economic modifiers for the Hanseatic League should go to the Mayors of the cities? A rich Hanseatic city should be able to grow more quickly than a random city elsewhere, even without the player spending money to upgrade it.

Perhaps a unique building that depends on the Hanseatic City modifier? Kontor's, perhaps, and they could give additional tax and galleys, and/or be used as an event condition.

is it possible to check if a ruler owns bordering or specific provinces ? let's say the 2 provinces on each side of a pass. if it is the case, then it should give an economy modifier on both provinces.

It is possible. I will test it with Sound strait (maybe I will make trigger with high economic technology).

Perhaps some economic modifiers for the Hanseatic League should go to the Mayors of the cities? A rich Hanseatic city should be able to grow more quickly than a random city elsewhere, even without the player spending money to upgrade it.

I have tried to make auto building events for the Hanseatic cities, but no success.

Perhaps a unique building that depends on the Hanseatic City modifier? Kontor's, perhaps, and they could give additional tax and galleys, and/or be used as an event condition.

It is a good idea! I will make kontor for cities.

An idea about trade sphere of Northern Europe.
There are 4 trade spheres which could be rivals of the Hanseatic League. These trade spheres will appear after the establishment of the League and represent the rise of the domestic merchants in the late middle ages. These areas will be also changed by events to represent rise and fall of centers of trade.
Trade Sphere.png

Ver.0.6 (compatible with patch 1.05) is released.

New features:
- Now you can set a Sound toll after 1300 with a decision.
- Foreign provinces having the German merchants modifier can build hanseatic kontors.

Ver.0.7 is released.
Now a Dutch trade sphere appears in game. Rulers can support the Hanseatic League or the Dutch merchants.

Here is a screenshot of new events.
dutchmerchants.png

In the next version (after ver.1.06, maybe) I will add following features.
- Trade sphere of Russia, North Sea and England
- add "flourished commercial cities event" for a blooming trade sphere.

You can download from the OP, or here. :)

EDIT:
Since this mod handles the late period of the time frame in CK2, I couldn't have enough time to test the events. It would be appreciated if you users try to play CK2 with this mod and report your opinion.

Last edited:
In the internal version I have created a decision to establish British trade sphere and some events around them. Rulers can choose Hanseatic League, Dutch merchants or British traders as their commercial partner. Technically speaking, we could have more trade spheres and the struggles between them f.e. Venice vs. Genoa, though I concentrate on Northern Europe at first.

Ver.0.71 is released. This version is not compatible with ver.0.70.
I have changed continent.txt in the map folder, so if you play this mod with other mods using another definition of the continents, some events will not happen. Honestly, I am not sure whether I should design this mod with altered continent.txt or not. Certainly it is easier to make events with the definition of continents, but I could control the contents with using simply province_id. If you have suggestion, please let me know.

Here is some screenshots of the new events. (Please ignore some typos. :D )
Merchants from different regions bring commercial conflicts in London.
hanseaticmod062201.png

Economic boom events happen if a trade sphere expands over a certain number of provinces.
hanseaticmod062202.png

In the next version I will add two another trade spheres (Scandinavian and Russian regions).
After that, I would like to add French or South German area. If you have any idea about these regions, please let me know, too.

Last edited:
For Dutch and Britain cities Hamburg should became a boom event. Hamburg profited by the trade in the north sea (This was the reason why Hamburg became stronger then Lübeck).

You are right. In fact, I made the boom event of the Hanseatic League only for their main cities with hub-port function f.e. Lübeck, Hamburg, Bremen, Köln, Danzig and Riga. This event will not happen if the Hanseatic trade sphere doesn't include some provinces of England and the Netherlands. However, the Dutch cities rise after 14th century and kick out the German merchants in game, so they might loose this modifier.
This mechanic is the same for other trade spheres, though the Hanseatic League and the Netherlands have an advantage in the number of cities who get this boom modifier.

Ah. Sounds good. I, as a Hamburgian, like this mod. You have my blessing. ;)

I hope really for a republic mod with nice Senat/Council features. That would give you new chances for this mod. :cool:

Ah and... Have you some ideas for the kontore?

Last edited:
you should not have a British trade sphere as Britain was'nt founded until 1707 (when the scots joined england) obviously a lonnng way past the CK2 timeframe.

you should not have a British trade sphere as Britain was'nt founded until 1707 (when the scots joined england) obviously a lonnng way past the CK2 timeframe.

I see. It is "English" trade sphere in fact, and historically the Hanseatic merchants were active until the end date of CK2, but the area of this "fictional" region covers both Britain and Ireland, so I couldn't find better name. In addition, this trade sphere doesn't appear unless you click the decision, which requires the king title of Scotland, Brittany or Ireland.

Ah. Sounds good. I, as a Hamburgian, like this mod. You have my blessing. ;)

I hope really for a republic mod with nice Senat/Council features. That would give you new chances for this mod. :cool:

Ah and... Have you some ideas for the kontore?

I believe there will be a DLC for merchant republics. I hope it and am afraid of it too, since it means I have to remake this mod completely...

As for Hansekontore, I have already added some buildings. You can build them as ruler of foreign provinces under the Hanseatic influence.

Ver.0.72 for patch 1.06 is released.

I am trying your mod for the first time, and there seem to be something wrong.

Playing as Denmark I can, as soon as I conquer Lubeck at the beginning of the game, create the title "Hochmeister of the Hanseatic League". It certainly should not be possible to do so until the Hanseatic League is actually founded later in the game.

I am playing with the latest patch, and with Sword of Islam installed.

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I am trying your mod for the first time, and there seem to be something wrong.

Playing as Denmark I can, as soon as I conquer Lubeck at the beginning of the game, create the title "Hochmeister of the Hanseatic League". It certainly should not be possible to do so until the Hanseatic League is actually founded later in the game.

True.
Another problem is, I created the title for Dukes who has a large territory in northern Germany but not all of Pommerania or Germany. So Kings or Emperors shouldn|t get this title.

Thanks for the report!

Just a news.
I am making a Nordic trade sphere for the next version. The player can create this sphere after having some Scandinavian Kingdoms. This sphere is based on these countries, but it can expand from Scotland to Russia.