• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd actually make aquitaine require not having the France title, and also require not being a vassal. So if Aquitaine breaks off of its own shenanigans, it should be able to form the kingdom of Aquitaine.

Since it looks like you are going to go further with this mod with the requests by the players may I suggest adding more kingdoms to HRE and turning France into an empire allowing for you to add kingdoms to its lands, also do the same for the Spanish region. Make spain an empire and than split up the spanish peninusla into kingdoms.

Since it looks like you are going to go further with this mod with the requests by the players may I suggest adding more kingdoms to HRE and turning France into an empire allowing for you to add kingdoms to its lands, also do the same for the Spanish region. Make spain an empire and than split up the spanish peninusla into kingdoms.
If I *do* decide to add more kingdoms, They will probably be lotharingia along with 2 more german kingdoms, and possible an occitanian kingdom, but chances are I will just stick with Hellas and Anatolia for now.

Also North and South German make much more sense to me than East and West. If I split Germany, it would probably be split in a sort of Low German/High German way. I know these are language groups and not cultural groups, but I think they are two biggest German divisions I know of.
Here's a pic of the language group borders.
Sprachenkarte_Deutschland1880.png

Also to the person that said to split germany according to german cultures, The de Jure kingdom titles are for the most part arranged so each top level culture has a kingdom that goes along with it. That is why the Kingdom of Byzantium was one kingdom originally. The only exception I know of personally was Spain and only Castille and Leon shared the same culture in CK2 (for de Jure Iberian Kingdoms.)

Those cultures you said to divide German with (Saxon, etc.) are usually used to divide duchies and not kingdoms.

Last edited:
Loving your mod so far ! Excellent work.

Could you make a tutorial on how the add more Kingdoms to the game, if it's not too much to ask. I can totally understand if you dont want to !

POMERANIA(Kingdom)
Pomeranian culture group

No, no, don't listen to that! I'm really sorry about that, but making western slavic culture described as "pommeranian" is just wrong. West Slavs should be referred properly as "Wends", and so you would use it as a name of the kingdom, already known in history: Wends, King of the Wends.

How is the three Kingdoms holding up against constant Suljuk Turks invasions?

They are all still united under the Byzantine Empire. The picture in the first post is taken from the de Jure Kingdom map filter.
This is to prevent a "King of Byzantium" from popping up if the empire happened to collapse. I don't think it should change the stability any.

What causes the empire title to lapse, anyhow? I've never seen it happen, but I've been playing sloooowly.

Great work! Do you mind if I incorporate this into my "Empires Everywhere" mod?

Feel Free! This mod only took me like 10 minutes to make haha.

Could you tell me what you found caused the problem and how you fixed it? I'm having a go at making some additional kingdoms and empires myself and all the flags in ireland and norway have gone screwy.

I think I accidentally deleted a county title when I edited the landed_titles file. I doubt that is your problem though.

I installed your mod inside the Mod folder of the game. I enabled on the launcher but it did not show kingdoms inside the Empire on the selection screen.
Make sure you include the folder and the .mod file

Also if anyone is interested, I am currently working on a decision to form a titular Occitanian kingdom. No idea if I will ever finish it or not though.

As far as i know "Byzantine" is a modern era name used to describe the eastern empire. People in those days called themselves Romaioi, Romans while the "Greeks" called themselves Hellines , Hellas as they do today. The "Greeks" name comes from turkish occupation where greek , grekos means enslaved.

View attachment 47613
See in this pic in red letters "πολεμος ρωμαίων και βουλγάρων και από βασιλέων των αρμενίων" - war of romans and bulgarians and king of armenians

Last edited:
Feel Free! This mod only took me like 10 minutes to make haha.

I think I accidentally deleted a county title when I edited the landed_titles file. I doubt that is your problem though.

It might have been that, or perhaps an unclosed bracket somewhere I gave up bug hunting and started again :)

I think I've finished what I wanted to do, would you mind if I published it including the greece/anatolia kingdoms you made?