• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Version 1.18 is now available via Steam and Direct Download!

I don't have an estimate for a timeline on 1.19 yet, but I can tell you it will focus on culture, language, and assimilation.

1.18 Changelog:
==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* Added new "Great Persons" events that generate some historical figures over time (mostly 'new men' in Rome currently and some notable philosophers)
* Added Wall building for Chinese military traditions

==== Map & Setup ====
* Update map to include Greek provinces added in vanilla
* Added impassible terrain in parts of China to break up the map some more
* Added provinces to the Ordos loop and North China
* Added more cities to China at game start and redistributed the population a bit
* Noble pops now exist at the start of the game

==== Missions ====
* 4 Mission sets for Persis and Sassanid Empire (20 missions)
* 2 Mission sets for Qin and unified China (19 missions)
* Fixed Athens and Spartan missions that previously called out provinces in China

The 'Light' version without the expanded map is also available on Steam (Light) and Direct Download (Light).

• 7Like
Reactions:
Good.

Completing "Eastern Nemesis" in "An End to Sicilian Warfare" crashes the game... Even if I abandon the mission, it still does crash at a day when the mission was supposed to finish. Maybe that part where Sicily calls for help.

Completing "Eastern Nemesis" in "An End to Sicilian Warfare" crashes the game... Even if I abandon the mission, it still does crash at a day when the mission was supposed to finish. Maybe that part where Sicily calls for help.

Yes, there was a crash related to the events; thanks for the report!

Unfortunately, this is not the source of the recurring crash I still can't track down that many people are reporting. Something to do with the map (since the light version has no problems) that I can't narrow down; still working to find the source.

Hey, currently Pirate Heritage is rather useless because only two military traditions can raid in peace, can it somehow be modded that nation that has pirate heritage also always can raid? Thanks!

Reactions:
I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering how you solved the problem of adjacencies above a certain X value (I'm guessing 8192 of the original map size) causing the game to crash. I'm having this problem with the mod I'm currently working on, and it looks like paradox still hasn't fixed the problem.

Hey, currently Pirate Heritage is rather useless because only two military traditions can raid in peace, can it somehow be modded that nation that has pirate heritage also always can raid? Thanks!

I'll see if it's possible.

I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering how you solved the problem of adjacencies above a certain X value (I'm guessing 8192 of the original map size) causing the game to crash. I'm having this problem with the mod I'm currently working on, and it looks like paradox still hasn't fixed the problem.

The crash is only caused if the adjacency display is outside those limits, not the adjacency itself so I just stuck the display off in unseen territory and used the height map to make land bridges where the adjacencies should be displayed. It only really works because , in my case, those adjacencies are over a river so it doesn't look too awful.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll see if it's possible.

The crash is only caused if the adjacency display is outside those limits, not the adjacency itself so I just stuck the display off in unseen territory and used the height map to make land bridges where the adjacencies should be displayed. It only really works because , in my case, those adjacencies are over a river so it doesn't look too awful.

So that's it! With that said I seem to have come up with a more aesthetically pleasing way of representing adjacencies by adding new defined "map objects" to the corresponding location on the map. In this instance, using map objects which are looked like the same dotted lines as the original adjacencies seems to be perfect. I haven't tried it yet though, it's just an idea I've just come up with. Anyway, thank you very much for your answer.

Good news everyone! Based on the latest tests I've finally tracked down the recurring crash in the main version of the mod. Version 1.18a of Gladio et Sale is now available via Steam and Direct Download.

This is just a hot fix to address the crashes as well as clean up some other minor bugs and remove a chunk of obsolete gui code for my old mission interface. There is no corresponding 'Light' version as it was not experiencing these crashes related to the expanded map.

NOTE: The error was in the initial map setup so this will not address the crash for savegames, only for new games.

• 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Bro you should add mongolia to this mod, china's way too strong without its nomadic rivals

Mongolia is the next region the map will expand into; no timeline at the moment for when it might be ready though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Gladio Et Sale is now updated for Marius 2.0 with GeS version 1.19ALPHA; please note that I'm labelling this an alpha version because:

1) I have had only about 2 hours of runtime in observer to check for crashes

2) Some features had to be temporarily disabled in order to get the mod released in a timely manner; these features will be back when the final 1.19 comes this weekend.

This is only the main Gladio Et Sale mod, there is not yet a corresponding 'Light' version; that will also be available this weekend.

Version 1.19ALPHA is available via Steam and Direct Download

Known Issues: (all to be fixed in this weekend's update).
* Conversion/Assimilation chances aren't displayed properly (but do still work in the background)
* New military traditions temporarily out of commission until adapted to the new system
* Encyclopedia isn't accessible
* Minor UI quirks/missing buttons for some new features.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wow, this is truly amazing! Thanks for such dedication.
Try to do what I can; the timing worked out well because weather kept me from traveling for work until Tuesday night so I was sitting at home able to get the mod moving. Things are looking good to have the final 1.19 ready to roll this weekend as planned.

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Trying out the new version, I am running into a UI issue. The trade screen when clicked on appears behind the province screen and has to be manually dragged to the side each time I want to import something. This was not an issue pre-2.0. Any potential fix?

Reactions:
Trying out the new version, I am running into a UI issue. The trade screen when clicked on appears behind the province screen and has to be manually dragged to the side each time I want to import something. This was not an issue pre-2.0. Any potential fix?

I've fixed it for the final 1.19 (looks like that will be out tomorrow at this point); because of the added trade goods the easiest thing to do for the alpha was just leave the old window in place. 1.19 will utilize the new-style window and properly appear to the side of the province window rather than hidden behind it every time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good evening all,

I had hoped to release a final 1.19 today as previously announced, but there is (once again) a crash related to the map that I cannot yet fix. If this is starting to sound repetitive, . . . well, it is. I've modded several Paradox games extensively and Imperator is hands-down the worst when it comes to CTDs with absolutely no helpful info from the error logs when map modding.

Since the problems are limited to the expanded map, I can release Gladio Et Sale 'Light' (without the expanded map) Version 1.19BETA available via:

Steam - Light

Direct Download - Light

As soon as I am able, I will get the main mod released. I'm reasonably convinced at this point that it must have something to do with ports as that's the only major change between the Alpha (which had no such crashes) and now.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hi the "encourage expansion" mission for rome is broken. It s regarding the conquer Italy one.

You need to be allied with Sabini and Vestini, and vestini doesn t exist at the start of the game
Yes, there was an issue with the setup in the ‘Light’ version. I should have an update for that version late today/early tomorrow to fix that.

Additionally, still working on the main version (testing is much slower on my laptop while travelling for work) and am close (I think) to having it working.

Reactions: