• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why no posts since June 7 for this excellent mod?
I was busy getting married then dealing with the massive update to EU4 and it’s effects on my mod there; I’ll be back to working on this soon.

• 13Like
Reactions:
I was busy getting married then dealing with the massive update to EU4 and it’s effects on my mod there; I’ll be back to working on this soon.
damn son, congratulations mate, you just keep chill, the next paradox patch will be big and in Monday we will have again a new DD. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Salvete everyone, version 1.17 of Gladio Et Sale is now available via Steam and Direct Download, this is mostly a compatibility patch for the Menander update but I am back to working on more content now that RL has slowed down and I expect a follow-on release in the next couple weeks.

The Light version is NOT yet updated; that will follow soon (hopefully tomorrow).

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* Compatibility with 1.5 'Menander'
* Capped the trade routes granted by cities/metropoli at 3 instead of 5 due to pops adding trade routes now
* Removed a lot of defunct code regarding omens that just caused error log entries
* Fixed a shared tag problem that gave the Aorsi a bunch of land in eastern Persia
* Fixed the areas in Greece being all jumbled up following the Archimedes update

EDIT: Updated the link for 1.17a (hot fix for military traditions and pop window).

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Salvete everyone, version 1.17 of Gladio Et Sale is now available via Steam and Direct Download, this is mostly a compatibility patch for the Menander update but I am back to working on more content now that RL has slowed down and I expect a follow-on release in the next couple weeks.

The Light version is NOT yet updated; that will follow soon (hopefully tomorrow).

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* Compatibility with 1.5 'Menander'
* Capped the trade routes granted by cities/metropoli at 3 instead of 5 due to pops adding trade routes now
* Removed a lot of defunct code regarding omens that just caused error log entries
* Fixed a shared tag problem that gave the Aorsi a bunch of land in eastern Persia
* Fixed the areas in Greece being all jumbled up following the Archimedes update
WOW, all of that is amazing!!:D

• 1Like
Reactions:
There is a 'hotfix' version, 1.17a now available via Steam and Direct Download that fixes the pop window as well as the issue that Dacians and Koreans had no military traditions assigned.

Version 1.17 'Light' (without the expanded map) is now also available and incorporates the fixes that the main mod received in 1.17a

Light Version - Steam

Light Version - Direct

• 4Like
Reactions:
I would like to ask in regards to the new assimilation system:
1. does modifier "Colony" from cultural decision "Found colony" which gives 10% assimilation speed have any impact on chance of assimilation
2. does modifier "Roman Colonia" from Roman conquer missions which gives 15% assimilation speed have any impact on chance of assimilation
3. does picking 4th specialization for "Roman Colonia" in "Italic colonia" mission which gives +2 local assimilation speed have any impact
4. does city building theater +2 assimilation sppeed have any impact if yes does building more than 1 additive

It would be nice if those modifiers have any impact becouse for example Found Colony comes at significant cost in tax reduction.

\
I would like to ask in regards to the new assimilation system:
1. does modifier "Colony" from cultural decision "Found colony" which gives 10% assimilation speed have any impact on chance of assimilation
2. does modifier "Roman Colonia" from Roman conquer missions which gives 15% assimilation speed have any impact on chance of assimilation
3. does picking 4th specialization for "Roman Colonia" in "Italic colonia" mission which gives +2 local assimilation speed have any impact
4. does city building theater +2 assimilation sppeed have any impact if yes does building more than 1 additive

It would be nice if those modifiers have any impact becouse for example Found Colony comes at significant cost in tax reduction.

The first two currently do not (will get that fixed) but 3 and 4 currently do impact the internal calculations though I would have to check whether the building is additive (it should be but I might have overlooked that).

Thanks for answer! The reason I ask for city building theater is becouse from code in "riv_population.txt" I thougt that it looks for "has_building = amphitheatre_building" which is metropolis building and city is I think "theathre_building"

Thanks for answer! The reason I ask for city building theater is becouse from code in "riv_population.txt" I thougt that it looks for "has_building = amphitheatre_building" which is metropolis building and city is I think "theathre_building"

Thank you; also a good catch. When last I revamped my buildings I brought the names in line with vanilla to minimize the need for changes to files across the game but never reconciled that file for the new name (and also didn't make them stack, apparently).

One more thing about buildings: when in settlement is exsisting building after upgrading to city it doesnt gets destroyed and you even can build more buildings of that type, for example you can build few farms or tribal settlements in city.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
One more thing about buildings: when in settlement is exsisting building after upgrading to city it doesnt gets destroyed and you even can build more buildings of that type, for example you can build few farms or tribal settlements in city.

Ah, yes, I botched the logic on that. Will get it fixed. In order to keep them in towns I had to put an OR statement then proceeded not to consider what would happen when towns become cities.

Dear Rivtaldm,

can you share any news on the release of the new version?
Thank you again for your amazing mod!

Main things:

1) Added the missing provinces in Greece that PDX added in 1.4 and fixing the Athens and Spartan missions that were calling out Chinese provinces
2) China map work:
2a) added some more mountains to break up the terrain to China in the south and north
2b) added provinces along the Order loop of the Yellow river
2c) added tribes in the northeast
2d) added cities and rearranged pops in China
2e) probably a few more provinces will get added in the north from what is pictured to cover the length of wall built by Zhao in the north
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 6.07.46 PM.png
3) Actually adding noble pops across the map at game start
4) New 'Frontier Wall' settlement building for Chinese military traditions (still testing what works best for the modifiers)
5) Just started adding missions for Qin and Persis; probably at least one small mission batch for Zhao will also get done
6) Various bug fixes and adjustments

Hopefully not more than another week or so; long days at work have limited how much progress I've been making.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Dear Rivaltdm,

thank you for the update, I look forward to the new version.

Btw did you ever consider to implement something similar to the mod Strategic Resources, or to get the creator’s consent for adding his work to Gladio et Sale (unless they are already compatible, but I fear not)?

Dear Rivaltdm,

thank you for the update, I look forward to the new version.

Btw did you ever consider to implement something similar to the mod Strategic Resources, or to get the creator’s consent for adding his work to Gladio et Sale (unless they are already compatible, but I fear not)?

As a rule, I don’t integrate other mods. A similar concept has been on my idea sheet for ages, but I was more concerned with representing the limits on unit types in the early Roman republic caused by the limits on the number of citizens able to supply their own fighting kit, though limits based on strategic resource stockpiles make obvious sense across the map as a universal concern for all governments/cultures.
That being said, my next update (as with most updates immediately after vanilla updates) focuses on things I’m sure PDX won’t be working on; I lost a lot of time that was put into the mod last year when they followed me in wiping out mana. I’ve been suspicious that warfare HAD to be on their shortlist for the next update or the following and today’s dev diary confirmed that it will be worked on in the next one so I will not likely make any large-scale changes to warfare until I see what they are doing.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Main things:

1) Added the missing provinces in Greece that PDX added in 1.4 and fixing the Athens and Spartan missions that were calling out Chinese provinces
2) China map work:
2a) added some more mountains to break up the terrain to China in the south and north
2b) added provinces along the Order loop of the Yellow river
2c) added tribes in the northeast
2d) added cities and rearranged pops in China
2e) probably a few more provinces will get added in the north from what is pictured to cover the length of wall built by Zhao in the north
3) Actually adding noble pops across the map at game start
4) New 'Frontier Wall' settlement building for Chinese military traditions (still testing what works best for the modifiers)
5) Just started adding missions for Qin and Persis; probably at least one small mission batch for Zhao will also get done
6) Various bug fixes and adjustments

Hopefully not more than another week or so; long days at work have limited how much progress I've been making.
Nice!