• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
* Biggest problem for the mod right now is the inability to mod the defines files, where a number of important values are set. If this overhaul causes the release of vanilla 1.1 to be delayed, that problem will continue for longer (of course, I've yet to see anyone from Paradox actually acknowledge this will be fixed in 1.1 but I certainly hope so as this is supposed to be "most moddable game ever")

Not an official quote but...
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...g-map-editor-101.1170943/page-5#post-25480391

It's currently not possible to mod define files as they get overruled by the game. By the look of things this will be solved when our next major patch comes out.

Based on Paradox' announcement of June 26th for their 1.1 patch, I will be keeping the same two-week schedule for GeS and simply adding a compatibility update as necessary following the release of 1.1 meaning the near future looks like this:

Friday, June 7th - 1.3 release featuring culture group rework, new governor policies, state-level buildings, port improvement, and cost rebalances

Friday June 21st - 1.4 release featuring Illyrian and Iberian military traditions, addition of tags to Italy and rebalancing of the game setup, and introduction of EU-style missions interface for Rome

Wednesday June 26th - Vanilla 1.1 patch

Wednesday June 26th/Thursday June 27th - 1.4a compatibility patch for 1.1

Friday July 5th - 1.5 release, content TBD.

And so on from there.

@rivtaldm
Hey there, great looking mod! Glad to see you come to Rome from EU4. I don't know if we've ever talked, but I used to talk to @Penguintopia
I made the Lex Talionis mod for EU4, and been doing some modding for Rome. However, I'm having issues understanding the new scripted GUI system. It seems you've got a really good grasp on it. Do you think you could make a short tutorial on how it works if you can find the time? I think a lot of modders in the community would find it useful.

Maybe you and the authur of the Emendatio Historiae Imperatoris could combine you mods and work together. That way you can combine your effort and have one really good mod

@rivtaldm
Hey there, great looking mod! Glad to see you come to Rome from EU4. I don't know if we've ever talked, but I used to talk to @Penguintopia
I made the Lex Talionis mod for EU4, and been doing some modding for Rome. However, I'm having issues understanding the new scripted GUI system. It seems you've got a really good grasp on it. Do you think you could make a short tutorial on how it works if you can find the time? I think a lot of modders in the community would find it useful.

I've mostly just followed the example given by PDX at the end of the OP here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...omini-modding-information-manuscript.1170261/ but when I find some time I can write up some more examples for people to learn from.

Maybe you and the authur of the Emendatio Historiae Imperatoris could combine you mods and work together. That way you can combine your effort and have one really good mod

I don't foresee this happening; I think they and I have different conceptions about what the game should be and different standards for what we're doing.

Based on Paradox' announcement of June 26th for their 1.1 patch, I will be keeping the same two-week schedule for GeS and simply adding a compatibility update as necessary following the release of 1.1 meaning the near future looks like this:

Friday, June 7th - 1.3 release featuring culture group rework, new governor policies, state-level buildings, port improvement, and cost rebalances

Friday June 21st - 1.4 release featuring Illyrian and Iberian military traditions, addition of tags to Italy and rebalancing of the game setup, and introduction of EU-style missions interface for Rome

Wednesday June 26th - Vanilla 1.1 patch

Wednesday June 26th/Thursday June 27th - 1.4a compatibility patch for 1.1

Friday July 5th - 1.5 release, content TBD.

And so on from there.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm psyched for the upcoming Roman mission trees :D

Hi,

Thanks again for you efforts!

Do you have any plan or idea on manpower? Do you think it would be possible to create two separate manpower pools (basic and elite troops)? I do not know if the current system would be able to cope with that.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks again for you efforts!

Do you have any plan or idea on manpower? Do you think it would be possible to create two separate manpower pools (basic and elite troops)? I do not know if the current system would be able to cope with that.

Regards

I don't think it's possible to have separate manpower pools; I've looked at the idea of adding another level of infantry at the top (elite infantry to represent a few special units) but it would need it's own interface as the existing system is only set up to control unit building based on resources.

Version 1.3 is now out on Steam and Direct Download, changelog follows. Version 1.4 is planned for June 21 and will get a compatibility patch of 1.4a as soon as Paradox releases their vanilla update on the 26th.

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* Introduced separate Illyrian culture group (covers Illyrian, Taulantian, Dardanian, Abrian)
* Introduced separate Caucasian culture group (covers Armenian, Albanian, Ibero, Colchian)
* Raised culture conversion threshold up to 40% of nation from 35%
* Temporarily expand ability to arrange marriages to all characters in your realm; will counteract the tendency of families to go extinct

==== Internal Management ====
* Streamlined process for moving pops
* Introduced 6 province-level buildings: Granary, Training Camp, Magistrate, Library, Amphitheatre, Hippodrome
* Replaced city-level buildings: Aqueduct replaces Granary, Encampment replaces Training Camp, Local Court replaces Magistrate, Public Theatre replaces Amphitheatre, Manufactory replaces Library
* Added 3 levels of improvement for Ports (bonus to commerce income, ship construction speed, starting ship experience, and province trade routes)
* Occupation has a chance to destroy buildings; chance is dependent on occupying nation's Occupation Stance
* Kill pop button removed as anachronistic and antiquated by Occupation Stance mechanic
* Introduced Governor Policy for Settlement (draw settlers from capital province to settle an area; approximately 1 pop/province moves each year).
* Introduced Governor Policy for Encourage Colonists; useful for small Greek nations outside Greece. Lose tax income and increased unhappiness among other cultures to draw pops from foreign cities of your culture group to your capital. (about 1/year)

==== Prices/Costs ====
* Reduced civic cost of moving non-slave pops (10 from 20)
* Reduced civic cost of trade routes (15 from 25)
* Building roads now costs 10 gold not 10 military power
* Raised maintenance cost rise from military tech (2.5% from 2%)

I don't think it's possible to have separate manpower pools; I've looked at the idea of adding another level of infantry at the top (elite infantry to represent a few special units) but it would need it's own interface as the existing system is only set up to control unit building based on resources.

Thank you, as I feared the current system cannot handle it. I hope that the devs will look into the matter: it is pretty absurd that the light skirmish infantry draws from the same pool of elite cavalry. The fact that you need trading resource such as Iron or War Horse is quite ineffective to simulate the difficulty of raising and keeping elite troops.

And thank you for the update!

Will the compatibility patch of 1.4a be released earlier because the beta is already out or will it still be the 26th?

Yes, I intend to release both versions in a couple hours so that people can use or not use the open beta at their discretion.

Version 1.4 and 1.4alt are now available! Patch notes are below.

REMOVED is intended for use with I:R 1.0.3 (current public version) and is also available on Steam

REMOVED is intended for use with I:R 1.1 open beta, it includes all changes in 1.4 plus compatibility changes for 1.1 patch

EDIT: As of 6/26 Version 1.4A was released for the final 1.1 'Pompey' update.

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* Phrygia now called Antigonids; event to rename them if the Antigonids aren't in charge anymore
* Remove some more instances of defunct omen duration/power/cost modifiers
* Fixed Illyrian and Caucasian ruler names not properly displaying
* Fixed incense modifier to no longer affect defunct omen mechanic

==== Missions ====
* Introduces missions feature; no generic missions yet only Roman ones (viewed in diplomacy view of your own nation)
* Mission tree for Rome (14 missions)

==== Military Traditions ====
* Iberian military traditions added for Iberians and Celt-Iberians culture groups. Mostly a clone of Germanic with the chariots replaced by light cavalry and with some different flavour text and a focus on javelins instead of archers and slingers.
* Illyrian-Dacian military traditions for Illyrian and Dacian culture groups. Has piracy, Illyrian, and Dacian paths.
* Celtic tradition referencing slings now actually benefits slinger units not archers

Last edited:
Bugs. The ledger and province improvements that were added to vanilla do not exist in your mod

Ledger is definitely an oversight and I will get that fixed.

The province improvements were intentionally discarded as GES already had province buildings.

Ledger is definitely an oversight and I will get that fixed.

The province improvements were intentionally discarded as GES already had province buildings.
Okay but there are still tecs that gives reduced cost for the province investments. So maybe you can still have them in? Have them represent genarav invenstmant in infrastructure in the province. Give them a money cost to.

Think I found a bug in the Roman mission "Push North".
I completed the mission, and did not get any claims on the Cisalpine Gaul region.

EDIT: I also completed the Iberian Foothold mission, but did not get a claim on Cessetania province.

2nd EDIT: Restarting the game after completing those missions will cause the claims to take effect.

Last edited:
Think I found a bug in the Roman mission "Push North".
I completed the mission, and did not get any claims on the Cisalpine Gaul region.

EDIT: I also completed the Iberian Foothold mission, but did not get a claim on Cessetania province.

2nd EDIT: Restarting the game after completing those missions will cause the claims to take effect.
Understood. I can get the same effect with the claims being there but the CB not showing up unless I reload the game for some reason. It is repeatable so I should be able to report it to Paradox to get them to fix it as it appears to be a problem with the game not the mod (though I will mess around a bit more first to be sure).

Also when using the "quick" move feature for moving pops the cost reductions do not apply
Got it, will get that fixed.