• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The localisation and code bugs in vanilla keep us busy.
If it were only improvements that are necessary....

RoI was the worst so far, in my opinion. There were plenty of times so far that the English text (which I translate from) was incomplete. Sentences stopping out of nowhere and such. I'm translating those from the French and German, but relais translations are never optimal.

RoI was the worst so far, in my opinion. There were plenty of times so far that the English text (which I translate from) was incomplete. Sentences stopping out of nowhere and such. I'm translating those from the French and German, but relais translations are never optimal.

Even the english part is cut off ?
German often, spanish is a lost cause i'd say.
Poor chaps.

Funny enough, even the RoI specific files were completely buggy. Bad Code, cut off text, too long, bad and nonsensical translation...just ARGGGGH!....but well....

edit:
Posted some bug reports and surprisingly got feedback. Hopefully it improves in the near future.

I really don't know how RaschidalDin is doing all this so quickly and without exploding.
Just working on the 2_10b drove me craaazy.

Funny enough, even the RoI specific files were completely buggy. Bad Code, cut off text, too long, bad and nonsensical translation...just ARGGGGH!....but well....

The trouble (I think) is that the guys that do the localization probably can't immediately see what they're translating. If they have to translate a button, say 'Close', that can only have 6 characters on it, they won't know that immediately. I have a course that's called IT Translating where we're using software programs that immediately show your translation like if it were used for real, on the website/database/... itself. It doesn't work with CKII, though (I checked). :(

I can't comment on the code, though. The only file I'm touching is landed_titles and the only thing I'm changing there is the names of the popes.

I tried to change the popes' history (so you don't have 'Pope John III' and then 'Pope Johannes I'), but more than half of the world map went blank so I shelved that. :p

The trouble (I think) is that the guys that do the localization probably can't immediately see what they're translating. If they have to translate a button, say 'Close', that can only have 6 characters on it, they won't know that immediately. I have a course that's called IT Translating where we're using software programs that immediately show your translation like if it were used for real, on the website/database/... itself. It doesn't work with CKII, though (I checked). :(

We, or better Raschid most of the time, are checking events through firing them in the console in game for this reason.
God, the events rework is a lot of stuff still to do. I'm currently not in the mood, but maybe i just need to get 'conscripted'. ;)

I can't comment on the code, though. The only file I'm touching is landed_titles and the only thing I'm changing there is the names of the popes.

As we're at it, what are you again actually editing in landed_titles ?
I looked through the dutch mod once, but i forgot the most differences by now.

I tried to change the popes' history (so you don't have 'Pope John III' and then 'Pope Johannes I'), but more than half of the world map went blank so I shelved that. :p

You should be proud, the force is with you. You can change the world. :D

We, or better Raschid most of the time, are checking events through firing them in the console in game for this reason.
God, the events rework is a lot of stuff still to do. I'm currently not in the mood, but maybe i just need to get 'conscripted'. ;)

I've never actually done a lot of revision in-game. I just proofread the .csv files and hope someone tells me if I borked something. No complaints so far. :D

As we're at it, what are you again actually editing in landed_titles ?
I looked through the dutch mod once, but i forgot the most differences by now.

In landed_titles only the names of the popes. I translated most geographical names I could into Dutch already so that I wouldn't have to add dutch = "XXX" everywhere in that file.

The only other things I change are the localization (duh :p ), English_flag in gfx/interface to a half-Dutch, half-Belgian one so people actually select the translated text, and everything in history/wars.

I've never actually done a lot of revision in-game. I just proofread the .csv files and hope someone tells me if I borked something. No complaints so far. :D

Impressive, especially regarding the fact that we have the advantage of german in the files already.

In landed_titles only the names of the popes. I translated most geographical names I could into Dutch already so that I wouldn't have to add dutch = "XXX" everywhere in that file.

The only other things I change are the localization (duh :p ), English_flag in gfx/interface to a half-Dutch, half-Belgian one so people actually select the translated text, and everything in history/wars.

Right, just had a look again into the 2.03 compatible version and i tend to forget the bigger dimension of your mod, as dutch isn't in the files at all.

Is it just you or do you have helping hands ?

Anyway, it's impressive.
Keep rolling.

Last edited:
Just me. :)

How many of you guys are there actually? By the sound of your first post I'd wager 4 or 5, no?

That's about the number, but the participants change.
Currently i set myself on hold, bt i'll try to do some events rework.

Work gets now coordinated by threads (as linked in the OP here) and documents in Google, as of here for events: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SlJhcWVMQXNGZnF6aDY4X09LbEE&usp=sharing#gid=3. It's definitely handy and makes coordination easier.

RaschidalDin does the most work now and thus is the current head. Everybody else, myself included, helps occasionaly or gets conscripted. :D

The original one-file-only mod was made more or less by Ashtray alone, but he quit. So it was time for a change.

edit:

As i have you around, assuming you use notepad++, how do you prevent notepad from jumping when highlighting a line ?
For clarification, when i mark/highlight a line, to copy it or whatnot, notepad tends to jump around and unmark the line again and that drives me even more crazy.
Anyway to prevent that ?...in case you know/understand what i'm talking about. :eek:o :rolleyes:

If not, no worries, i will find a way.

Last edited:
I translate this in Excel. Notepad++ is pretty bad for typing. I tried to get an EUIV translation going, but just making sure you don't mess with the formatting is already quite difficult. Excel has its own quirks, but those I can deal with.

Sorry, but I wouldn't know. :)

I translate this in Excel. Notepad++ is pretty bad for typing. I tried to get an EUIV translation going, but just making sure you don't mess with the formatting is already quite difficult. Excel has its own quirks, but those I can deal with.

Sorry, but I wouldn't know. :)

I see. Yes, it is bad for typing. :happy:
Hmm...might make an attempt at using Excel.
As long as one saves in the right format, there shouldn't be a problem i suppose.
I can try.

Version 1.04 released.

Version 1.04 released.
Thx for posting

Sorry, but I wouldn't know.
In my opionion Notepad++ is the better way to translate or correct the textfiles, because Excel changes the formatting. It adds some ";" at the end of the line so I can´t check the changed files with WinMerge or not so fast. WinMerge is one reason to do a fast translation. I only take a look at the changed files/lines and the new textfiles.

kleiner Bug in der aktuellen Version im Archiv Seite 5 & 6, sollte eigentlich Pietät heißen

pietät.gif

auf Seite 12 ist der Text "Unsere Position" zu lang, es wird nur "Unsere P ..." angezeigt. Vielleicht passt "Unserer Rang" rein, sonst nur Position oder Platz

Last edited:
kleiner Bug in der aktuellen Version im Archiv Seite 5 & 6, sollte eigentlich Pietät heißen

View attachment 123904

auf Seite 12 ist der Text "Unsere Position" zu lang, es wird nur "Unsere P ..." angezeigt. Vielleicht passt "Unserer Rang" rein, sonst nur Position oder Platz

Danke. Beides wurde gerade gemeldet.

Das erste Problem ist irgendwann zwischen 2.04 und 2.16 reingerutscht. Weiss nicht mehr ob das Paradox zwischenzeitlich anders hatte oder ob sich da jemand versucht hat.
Das letztere Problem existierte schon immer. Mal schaun ob da was geht.
Bitte Fehler zukünftig im verlinkten Diskussionthread im deutschsprachigen Unterforum reinstellen.

Danke. :)