• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VIET doesn't affect the title setup in PB+SWMH, so it shouldn't need to be included, no. Though including it probably won't cause any harm either.

All right, thanks.

However, i just got the newest version of SWMH and KA, and I'm getting a lexical error from Kingdoms Abound now. The following error:

System.Exception: One or more errors encountered reading titles.
Lexical error in file landed_titles.txt, line 8382

at TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.LoadTitles()
at TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.bwTitleGen_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I looked around the file in question in line 8382 and didn't see anything that looked out of place. (Though I really don't know anything about modding, I'm relying on general programming knowledge to try to spot an error.) Since the SWMH landed_titles file is the only one that has a line 8382, I'm assuming the problem is in SWMH. But, now I'm just trying to generate with PB, PB+SWMH and SWMH.

I actually just cleared my mods folder out today and downloaded all new versions of everything (since I just updated to the newest patch), so everything is up to date.

The alternative names comes from the culture of your character. For York, if you're character is Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, or Norse then you'll get Jorvik, otherwise you'll get York. The Coat of Arms is dependent on your religion. So if you convert to Christianity or Muslim, then you should get their respective Coat of Arm styles.

I've uploaded 1.6.9, which fixes the lexer error for SWMH that Dralasite encountered, and I've added Pagan CoA copying to generated titles.

Thanks a lot. With the latest version it is finally possible to form a kingdome of jorvick with the correct pagan coat of arms and norse symbol. May the white raven fly and take over the entire world ;)

Not sure if you saw this post earlier, but I'll rewrite it to clear some stuff up:

I found a couple bugs. I generated duchies, kingdoms, and empires. I did not replace de jure. I cleared kingdom history and up.

1) Not sure is this is a bug or not. When starting, the Pope has no land. Rome is 3/4 duchy of Latium, and 1/4 duchy of Tuscany. Affects game-play, but not necessarily in a bad way.

2) This bug is not game breaking and easily fixable, but is very confusing at first, and would probably get annoying if not fixed before starting. All the kingdom titles were cleared, so there were no kings, but some duchies were still de facto part of a kingdom. In the province window, it would show a smaller kingdom flag to the left of he larger duchy flag, but if I clicked on the duchy, I would see the kingdom screen, and vice versa. I looked in the save file, and it would show many duchies with "liege="k_burgundy"" or whatever kingdom it was. In the knobs ok part o he save though, the kingdoms would have no holder. Deleting the liege part of every duchy easily fixed this, and I witnessed no in game effects, but I'm not sure what would happen if one of the kingdoms were actually created, if the duchies would automatically be part of that kingdom.

3) I started a game (with the same circumstances as above) as the Doge of Amalfi and created the titular Kingdom of Amalfi. The succession is now messed up, in that the heir of the Kingdom and the capital would go to a different family and my heir would inherit the original duchy and the other cities only. In the republic screen, it says my son should inherit. I believe it has something to do with this mod. I do not have the save files anymore.

Perhaps its something I'm not understanding, or a bug.

But I made myself an emperor, and then after I made and granted a surf kingdom, I was unable to press the de-jure claims of that Kingdom, would that be because I had "replace de-jure" selected?

Not sure if you saw this post earlier, but I'll rewrite it to clear some stuff up:

I found a couple bugs. I generated duchies, kingdoms, and empires. I did not replace de jure. I cleared kingdom history and up.

1) Not sure is this is a bug or not. When starting, the Pope has no land. Rome is 3/4 duchy of Latium, and 1/4 duchy of Tuscany. Affects game-play, but not necessarily in a bad way.

2) This bug is not game breaking and easily fixable, but is very confusing at first, and would probably get annoying if not fixed before starting. All the kingdom titles were cleared, so there were no kings, but some duchies were still de facto part of a kingdom. In the province window, it would show a smaller kingdom flag to the left of he larger duchy flag, but if I clicked on the duchy, I would see the kingdom screen, and vice versa. I looked in the save file, and it would show many duchies with "liege="k_burgundy"" or whatever kingdom it was. In the knobs ok part o he save though, the kingdoms would have no holder. Deleting the liege part of every duchy easily fixed this, and I witnessed no in game effects, but I'm not sure what would happen if one of the kingdoms were actually created, if the duchies would automatically be part of that kingdom.[/QUOTE]

This and the above issue are caused because the history clearing is pretty basic; all it does is create blank history files for what it needs to wipe. So for Kingdom and Up, it creates a blank history file for each kingdom and empire title. I need to figure out a way to fix the first issue, but there's no easy way to fix the second.

3) I started a game (with the same circumstances as above) as the Doge of Amalfi and created the titular Kingdom of Amalfi. The succession is now messed up, in that the heir of the Kingdom and the capital would go to a different family and my heir would inherit the original duchy and the other cities only. In the republic screen, it says my son should inherit. I believe it has something to do with this mod. I do not have the save files anymore.

This tool only changes history, and adds titles. It doesn't make any other changes to the game, so I don't see how this could be anything to do with my mod.

Perhaps its something I'm not understanding, or a bug.

But I made myself an emperor, and then after I made and granted a surf kingdom, I was unable to press the de-jure claims of that Kingdom, would that be because I had "replace de-jure" selected?

I'm not certain what's happening here, but all the Replace De Jure option does - in the default gains script - is allow you to skip the De Jure Drift for the generated titles.

Hello,

I am new here and I wanted to try this mod in combination with CK2+.
However I get an error in the culture file (lexical error in file 00_cultures.txt line 1183).

1. Should the mod be compatible with the latest version of CK2+ (2.01.2)?
- (officially only compatible with 1.01 patch, but works with 1.03 nonetheless)
2. Does the latest patch (1.03, yesterday...) present errors with this mod due to new stuff in the game? As you stated it's only compatible with 1.02...

The reason I do not simply use the 1.02 patch is that I am on steam; so the patches are quite annoying (especially the stupid coincedence that the day I start playing CKII again the patch comes out). Still have to find a way to revert to previous patches which are not 1.09x...

3. Additional question: Do I have to put the mods I want to use in the CKII root mod folder for this mod to work?
I put them in documents and it appears to recognize the mods, but it presents an error message when choosing a mod (left bottom of the window it says 'Errors encountered' and then 'No mods found in folder'. This is weird since it does recognize the mods and does not hinder further use of the program. I determined it has nothing to do with the error presented above, since putting mods in the root folder presents the same error (lexicon error) while choosing mods window does not mention the 'error encountered'.

UPDATE:
- Just tried without CK2+ (so, no mods at all) and installing worked like a charm. So the compatibility with CK2+ needs an update in some cultuire.txt files.
- However when I start the game, where do I find it? The only bookmarked dates are still vanilla. Should I change the date setting in the generator to before or after such a scenario? Or does the mod normally create a 'Kingdoms abound' scenario?
Update 2: Apparently when you leave the history settings at 'none' it doesn't do anything, while 'county and up' makes it work. Makes sense..:p
Update 3: I make a map with 'county and up' for history deletion. Is it WAD that de jure all the duchies, kingdoms and empires still remain? Also what does 'replace de jure' do exactly? When I make a duchy, in the de jure map mode it stil mentions the old duchies and doesn't replace them.
The annoying thing is that the AI will simply use the old duchies instead of duchy creation, that's why I want to have the existing duchies/kingdoms and empires removed (maybe not empires, but the rest I do).

Last edited:
The listed error in the mod selector for the empty folder will be removed in the next version. I'll also take a look at the CK2+ mod, to see what's wrong.

For the De Jure state, yes, it's supposed to stay as it is. Duchies won't replace existing ones, nor will they drift, as the game crashes if you view the De Jure kingdom map when a duchy doesn't have a De Jure liege. The Replace De Jure option means that you can skip the De Jure drift when a generated title is created as a titular title. The title will immediately become the De Jure liege of your currently held duchies.

The mod will never remove titles from the game, you'll have to do that yourself. I believe the AI tends towards the De Jure titles because they're cheaper than creating a Titular title.

The listed error in the mod selector for the empty folder will be removed in the next version. I'll also take a look at the CK2+ mod, to see what's wrong.

For the De Jure state, yes, it's supposed to stay as it is. Duchies won't replace existing ones, nor will they drift, as the game crashes if you view the De Jure kingdom map when a duchy doesn't have a De Jure liege. The Replace De Jure option means that you can skip the De Jure drift when a generated title is created as a titular title. The title will immediately become the De Jure liege of your currently held duchies.

The mod will never remove titles from the game, you'll have to do that yourself. I believe the AI tends towards the De Jure titles because they're cheaper than creating a Titular title.

Thanks for explaining, all clear now. I will check the removal of things myself, shouldn't be THAT hard I guess :p

I found the problem with CK2+. It's not a problem with my tool, but rather the mod itself. In the culture file, one of the cultures has an improper tag name for the male name list. If you open <CK2Plus Mod Dir>/common/cultures/00_cultures.txt and search for the gallawa culture, then change the tag "male_name" to "male_names", it will fix the problem.

I found the problem with CK2+. It's not a problem with my tool, but rather the mod itself. In the culture file, one of the cultures has an improper tag name for the male name list. If you open <CK2Plus Mod Dir>/common/cultures/00_cultures.txt and search for the gallawa culture, then change the tag "male_name" to "male_names", it will fix the problem.

Did what you said, worked like a charm, love you :D

Btw, I removed the titles from the appropriate text file, apparently it shows them as de jure in the map mode but the titles for them are actually gone, so only titular titles will ever show up. Didn't think it would work that easily...*
Now anybody know how to make the titular title just as expensive as the regular titles?@

* it didn't...

@Found it

Last edited:
Would it be possible to change it so that the new titles you make keep the same 'de jure' of the next tier up as your primary title had?

IE: You're making the Duchy of Gwent. Because the county of Gwent was in Wales, the Duchy of Gwent is de jure Kingdom of Wales?

Would it be possible to change it so that the new titles you make keep the same 'de jure' of the next tier up as your primary title had?

IE: You're making the Duchy of Gwent. Because the county of Gwent was in Wales, the Duchy of Gwent is de jure Kingdom of Wales?

I don't know. That would be ingame scripting, which I'm not hugely familiar with.

I can't seem to get the "title_prefix" command to work with these empires, is there a known issue or something?

That's not copied over. I'll add that to the next version.

That's not copied over. I'll add that to the next version.

Actually I got it to work, I found an old thread that said you had to add the line "culture = <culture name>" to get it active. I did that and it worked, not sure if that's the only solution but it worked for me.

I have another question tho, what is the point of the line "e_name = { is_titular = no }"? not causing me any issues or anything I'm just curious (try to get into modding)

Also I just want to say this is an absolutely fantastic mod/program you've made.

Hello, I'm using VIET/PB, and finding that certain flags are being swapped, notably ones in and around England, France, the Holy Roman Empire. I may have missed a useful reply to this thread, but any idea what's causing it?

Actually I got it to work, I found an old thread that said you had to add the line "culture = <culture name>" to get it active. I did that and it worked, not sure if that's the only solution but it worked for me.

I have another question tho, what is the point of the line "e_name = { is_titular = no }"? not causing me any issues or anything I'm just curious (try to get into modding)

Also I just want to say this is an absolutely fantastic mod/program you've made.

The titular check is so if the title is titular, you have the restrictions set by the program to create or usurp it, but if it's made De Jure then the standard requirements for usurping or creating the title apply.

So, for example, let's say the Kingdom of Cornwall is titular, and a character wants to create it. This character holds the duchies of Cornwall, Somerset, Gloucester, and Gwynedd and the capital, and so matches the requirements to create the title, and then holds it long enough for it to become De Jure. Without the titular check, another character could usurp the title just by holding the capital, the Duchy of Cornwall, and any 3 other duchies. With the titular check, the second character would have to hold at least half the De Jure realm of the Kingdom of Cornwall, just like any other De Jure title.

Hello, I'm using VIET/PB, and finding that certain flags are being swapped, notably ones in and around England, France, the Holy Roman Empire. I may have missed a useful reply to this thread, but any idea what's causing it?

That could be your flag cache not being updated. Go to <My Documents>/Paradox Interactive/Project Balance/gfx and delete the "flags" folder. I think that should fix it.