• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I hit the X to close the program, I get an error "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." I'm using 64bit Windows 7.

That would be because I forgot to check if logging is enabled before trying to dispose of an object that only exists if logging is enabled.

I've released a new version that fixes that bug, along with a couple errors with the logging output. The biggest change in this version is that the copy mod function has been removed, and it now creates an addon for the selected mod instead. The addon requires that the base mod also be enabled when launching the game. So if you select CK2+ as the mod to use for generation, the program will create a mod called "KA for CK2+", and you'll need to enable both mods when starting the game.

There are no names in that file. I was also getting the same error when I close the program (running Windows 7, 64 bit), but only if I made a mod. If I just open and close it, it's fine. It said the mod was finished being created before the bar filled entirely with green, too. On top of that, it didn't recognize any mods other than Kingdoms Abound. Are these related? Anyways, I'll try this new version and see if it fixes it.

Edit: Okay, I downloaded it. It now recognizes mods, although not your Broken Kingdoms, which is presumably because it doesn't have that specific file, so I'm just confused as to how you used it. Anyways, that file you pointed out in localisation now has tons of names in it, so it should work, although I haven't actually tried in CKII yet.

Last edited:
There are no names in that file. I was also getting the same error when I close the program (running Windows 7, 64 bit), but only if I made a mod. If I just open and close it, it's fine. It said the mod was finished being created before the bar filled entirely with green, too. On top of that, it didn't recognize any mods other than Kingdoms Abound. Are these related? Anyways, I'll try this new version and see if it fixes it.

Edit: Okay, I downloaded it. It now recognizes mods, although not your Broken Kingdoms, which is presumably because it doesn't have that specific file, so I'm just confused as to how you used it. Anyways, that file you pointed out in localisation now has tons of names in it, so it should work, although I haven't actually tried in CKII yet.

Broken Kingdoms is purely a history mod, while Kingdoms Abound is purely a title mod. Because there are no conflicting files, they can both be loaded at the same time. As for the progress bar: it can sometimes appear to lag behind a bit because it's animated when going from one value to another. It's strange why the previous version didn't create any names, it should have thrown an error if it didn't find any.

Anyway, I'm glad it's now working for you.

Measter, thanks for this awesome tool, it provided a source of great enjoyment, and I think I speak for many of the forumers here.

One quick question: If I want to apply other parameters (say increase the number of duchies needed to form a kingdom), do I need to jsut rerun the tool, or do I have to delete the previously generated mod first?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

bump for this EXCELLENT mod.

I am recommending it to everyone I know of. Keep up the good job!

^^ Hello everyone. I am very sorry to bother you all, however I just wished to thank Measter very much for working very hard with this mod and I enjoy this very much.

bump with hopes of update ;)

Thanks for the support guys.

I've released 1.2, which works with patch 1.06. I also added options to limit what level titles are created. If you deselect the creation of kingdoms, then the only empires that will be created are ones for the existing kingdoms.

Thanks for the mod :)
But it is one "but" - an error
That's bit of log:

Reading cultures from: F:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\common\cultures\
Error reading cultures: Lexical error in file 00_cultures.txt, line 13
System.Exception: Lexical error in file 00_cultures.txt, line 13
в TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.bwTitleGen_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

If I run this for an existing mod, such as CK2+, do I just have to select the CK2+ mod at the game startup screen? Will it load with the effects of this tool already implemented?