• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone please provide me with some instructions on how to use this mod. I'm a noob at this I'll admit it and I'm clueless at the moment. I found my CKII folder which is in Steam and checked the two restrictions "culture group" and "religion group" off. I ignored "Short names" as I had no idea what it implied. I left "Duchies" at 4 and "Kingdoms" at 3. Lastly I generated the mod which the placed a mod at the launcher. I started the game with the mod, but while playing nothing seemed different, I couldn't create new kingdoms or empires (I played as the duke of Munster in Ireland). I thought to myself I must have done something wrong. If you have some spare time I beg of you to give me a basic walkthrough on how to do this, because from what I read it's really worth trying out!

you need 4 duchies to create the kingdom, duh :3

When I use the short name only option for Empire my realm is still called Swedish Kingdom even tho its an empire =P should probably be called Swedish Empire right? =P

Copy-paste strikes again. Fixed version is in the OP.

Can someone please provide me with some instructions on how to use this mod. I'm a noob at this I'll admit it and I'm clueless at the moment. I found my CKII folder which is in Steam and checked the two restrictions "culture group" and "religion group" off. I ignored "Short names" as I had no idea what it implied. I left "Duchies" at 4 and "Kingdoms" at 3. Lastly I generated the mod which the placed a mod at the launcher. I started the game with the mod, but while playing nothing seemed different, I couldn't create new kingdoms or empires (I played as the duke of Munster in Ireland). I thought to myself I must have done something wrong. If you have some spare time I beg of you to give me a basic walkthrough on how to do this, because from what I read it's really worth trying out!

You actually need the duchy titles themselves before you get the option to create the kingdom, you can't just own the counties. So, for example, you'd actually need to be the Duke of Munster, Meath, Leinster, and Connacht, before you'll be able to create a titular kingdom. You will get the option to create the Kingdom of Ireland first if you have the program set to four duchies. I'll write up a quick guide to how it works ingame, because this has come up a few times.

My french empire is called e_france, did I do something wrong?

EDIT Just realized you uploaded a new version, got to try that right now.

EDIT2 Works fine now.

Last edited:
Simply amazing, been looking for something like this for awhile!

Edit -- After download I get the same error as posted above...

Last edited:
Now I get the following error:

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentExeption(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Colletions.Generic.Dictionary`2.Inster(Tkey key, Tvalue value,
Boolean add)
at Parsers.ProvinceReader.ReadProvinces(String folder)
at TitleGenerator.PreogressForm.bwTitleGen_DoWork(Object sender,
DoWorkEventArgs e)

Log file is empty.

Note - I am attempting to use this with "The Prince and the Thane" mod by Idib.

Edit -- Must be a problem with The Prince and The Thane as it modifies vanilla perfectly.

Log file is empty.

Edit -- Must be a problem with The Prince and The Thane as it modifies vanilla perfectly.

Oh wow... the incompetence is staggering there. There was a bug that prevented the log from being written if there was an error.

It seems there were some oddities in The Prince and The Thane mod that I hadn't accounted for. Should be fixed in 1.1.7.

For some reason this won't work with a personal mod I have. All i did was add a very basic empire and four very basic kingdoms. Made dynasty opinions matter a little more and made all religions playable. Would you have any idea why it wouldn't be working? It stops during the reading titles phase.

For some reason this won't work with a personal mod I have. All i did was add a very basic empire and four very basic kingdoms. Made dynasty opinions matter a little more and made all religions playable. Would you have any idea why it wouldn't be working? It stops during the reading titles phase.

That's not a lot of information to go on. What error pops up? And have you tried running it with logging enabled, and checking the log?

I didn't see the logging. So just messed around with it some and the only thing I am getting now is

Systrm.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: the given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary'2.get_Item( TKey key)
at TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.GetNewName(String titleId, Boolean isEmpire)
at TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.CreateNames()
at TitleGenerator.ProgressForm.bwTitleGen_DoWork(Object sender,DoWorkEventArgs e)

I tried it on one of my vanilla saves and it was compatible as far as I have figured out. You should have a backup of the save though if things turn sour.

Forgive me for not reading through the whole thread for this info, but is this compatible with vanilla saves? Thanks for your patience and replies.

Seeing as the mod only adds new titles, and doesn't remove anything, I don't see why it shouldn't work. I've not noticed any problems loading saves from before the mod was created. But as Hawkiee said, make a backup of your save first, just in case.

Even modifying vanilla, I'm getting all kingdoms as k_name and empires as e_name, and I just barely downloaded it.

That sounds almost like it's not outputting the names of the new titles. But if it was doing that, I would expect that the program would throw an exception. Could you go to <ck2dir>/mod/KingdomsAbound/localisation/ and open "katitnames.csv" in notepad, and see if there's any names there?

When I hit the X to close the program, I get an error "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." I'm using 64bit Windows 7.

Following details are listed:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TitleGenerator.Form1.Form1_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TitleGenerator
Assembly Version: 1.1.7.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/crusader%20kings%20ii/mod/TitleGen/TitleGenerator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Parsers
Assembly Version: 1.5.3.0
Win32 Version: 1.5.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/crusader%20kings%20ii/mod/TitleGen/Parsers.DLL
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Hime.Redist
Assembly Version: 0.4.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.4.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/crusader%20kings%20ii/mod/TitleGen/Hime.Redist.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.