• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
culture = croatian
religion = catholic

I was strictly the culture and religionrestrictions. As i have understood it none should allow me to create any empire/kingdom as any culture as long as my primary title is that region. I was a german cathar having the kingdom of carinthia as my primary, and could not declare it an empire. I quit the game and checked the file and removed those two lines and it worked without problem. Are those two lines a mistake or have i misunderstood everything?

Edit: I checked the file again and noticed that a few titles, for example empire of trinacria generate without those lines.

Oh, those aren't restrictions, those are the default culture and religion of the title, and should have no bearing on if you can create them. If you look at the landed titles in vanilla, you'll see that the majority of them have those, and that's where the generated title gets them from.. The restrictions to creating the title are in the allow = {} section.

Edit: after a bit of testing, it seems that it's the religion difference that prevents it. That would explain why I missed it in testing, I tested using an Irish character, creating English titles. Both are catholic. Fixed in 1.1.3.

Last edited:
I am running the 1.1.3 version with CK2+ and the BLC and No Time Limit add-ons and for some reason the BLC mod is not working it will lode up fine and play fine but it wont show the changes to the portraits any idea why??? also loving the mod:laugh:

I am running the 1.1.3 version with CK2+ and the BLC and No Time Limit add-ons and for some reason the BLC mod is not working it will lode up fine and play fine but it wont show the changes to the portraits any idea why??? also loving the mod:laugh:

I don't see why there would be any problems running it, as this mod only modifies the /common/landed_titles.txt file, adds a bunch of flags to /gfx/flags, and adds a localization file to /localizations. You could try unchecking the Copy checkbox to modify the files without copying, and see if it works then.

Let me see if I understood the way this works. Download the generator, extract the archive, start the application, pick my choices (in my case No, No, 2, 2, Replace), then press Generate, I have no other mods this applies to vanilla, the start the launcher, click Kingdoms Abound, start the game. Now I started two times, once as Toscana, which holds 2 duchy titles, and once as Transilvania with whom I conquered Wallachia and Moldau and gained independence, thus holding 3 duchies. If I understood correctly I should have an event in Intrigue that would be about creating a kingdom right?

I do not get that event. I have no option to create a new kingdom. As far as I saw while playing, Kingdoms Abound does no modify the game in any way, no way to create a new kingdom.

What am I doing wrong? What have I missed? I know this might sound newbish, but I don't see what I am doing wrong =[...

Your problem is almost definitely that you don't have enough money and/or piety to create a kingdom. Once you do, you'll get the icon about a title being able to be created, just like any other title.

Thank you, I hadn't realized that the Create Title alert was disabled. That's why I couldn't do anything. Thank you guys, its the little things you can't see :p.

Suggestion: An option so that empires will be named something like "Norman Empire" instead of just "Normandy"

You can actually change that yourself in localisation if you really wanted to. Just find e_normandy and change it from Empire of Normandy to Norman Empire.

this is wonderful and beutiful. I almost shed tears of joy when I was it was compatible with ck2+

When I use the short name only option for Empire my realm is still called Swedish Kingdom even tho its an empire =P should probably be called Swedish Empire right? =P

bump because bump and you are wonderful and I love you.

Can someone please provide me with some instructions on how to use this mod. I'm a noob at this I'll admit it and I'm clueless at the moment. I found my CKII folder which is in Steam and checked the two restrictions "culture group" and "religion group" off. I ignored "Short names" as I had no idea what it implied. I left "Duchies" at 4 and "Kingdoms" at 3. Lastly I generated the mod which the placed a mod at the launcher. I started the game with the mod, but while playing nothing seemed different, I couldn't create new kingdoms or empires (I played as the duke of Munster in Ireland). I thought to myself I must have done something wrong. If you have some spare time I beg of you to give me a basic walkthrough on how to do this, because from what I read it's really worth trying out!