• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Samolub

Second Lieutenant
Apr 12, 2022
A few days ago I started my adventure with Victoria 2 preparing for the arrival of the third installment, this is my first contact with this game, although not the first with paradox games and other strategies, I did not even start the games for good because I noticed historically unacceptable and playable shortcomings when it comes to external migration, religious and cultural conversion. So I started modifying the files. As I wrote before, I have only had the game for 4 days! I have never started any gameplay apart from testing the changes brought by my modifications, I am currently doing final work on external migration and I think that after the appropriate changes, the beta version 1.0 will be released, which will optimize the gameplay in terms of migration, religious and cultural conversion.

These are the main shortcomings that I have caught in the game and are currently working on

- external migration takes place only to a few countries of both Americas
- the intensity of external migration does not take into account the size of a given country, so small Central American countries may have a much greater intensity of migration in relation to such countries as the USA, Brazil or Mexico, even ignoring the fact that two of these countries do not attract any migration at all
- no migration between other countries in Europe, the Middle East or to the colonies of other countries, e.g. British Canada, Spanish Cuba, Dutch Suriname or Portuguese Zanzibar
- migration seems to be non-historical and archaic and does not adequately take into account cultural or religious aspects, e.g. such that the majority of Britons, having the choice to migrate to the USA or Mexico or Brasil, will choose the first country more often, the majority of Spaniards will choose Latin American countries, and the Portuguese will choose Brazil
- The Turks choose the United States even though the migration from the Near East to the American countries did not exist at all

Here are the things that I have already tweaked that work fine, have been tested and are very well historically optimized: D

- RELIGIOUS CONVERSION

* the religious policy exercised by the government in our country has an impact on the conversion to the state religion, moreover, moralism and pluralism are more important for citizens of our nationality (main and accepted) of another religion

* literacy has a much greater impact than before on the speed and number of converts in the province / country, at the beginning, literacy slightly affects the conversion, giving slight bonuses, literacy between 30-60% is as much as 3/4 of the entire possible bonus resulting from the knowledge of reading, writing and education, high literacy> 60%> 70%> 80% still increases the speed of conversion, but to a lesser extent, to convert to a given religion or to know it has a basic and average level of knowledge, education and literacy

* reducing the impact of satisfying luxury and basic needs on religious conversion, I personally did not understand why it was so important before, because people without basic or luxury needs who are a religious minority in a given country would be rather dissatisfied and reluctant to change their religion to an official or dominant one, the poor may be more religious but not willing to change this religion, and on the contrary, I did not remove this parameter completely, although it was reduced, I decided that in a country where the standard of living is higher and some luxury and everyday goods are provided, regardless of the form of government, education is more secularism, which reduces the importance of religion as such, so I treat this parameter as limiting conversion over time and in the later stages of the game because the second half of the nineteenth century is also the development of nationalism understood as nation states and treating religion as less important nej

* consciousness now has an impact on the speed of religion change, low awareness has a positive effect, awareness above parameter 3 begins to have a negative effect, this indicator develops over time, as I wrote above, the further from the Middle Ages to the 20th century, the greater the shift from carrying your own faith and beliefs on the ideology of the nation-state, the greater the awareness, the greater the respect for one's own religious uniqueness and the less willingness to convert to another religion

* reducing the impact of unemployment on conversion, as in the case of luxury goods, unemployment may slightly affect the greater interest in another religion, especially the state one, in order to improve their property status, while the assumption is that the player can influence the conversion more through his good gameplay, not necessarily through activities such as increasing unemployment xD

* greater emphasis on the conversion of foreigners remains, although the parameters are also different due to optimization with other values, it has its justification, for example, a British Catholic, in the 19th century is a community that has not been converted to the Protestant / Anglican religion and rac for 300 years
and rather, such a community is religiously radical, very attached to their beliefs, another example will be Polish Protestants or Shiite Turks, these will be small radically religious communities that have been resisting the main religious trend in a given country for decades, if not hundreds, it will be easier to convert a certain part to Protestantism Indians because shamanism or animalism prevails there and there are both people who are very attached to their religion, those more loosely as well as those in which religion is only a cultural and national derivative, so the conversion of some part of the population will be faster.

* moreover, converting POPs in their cores is much more difficult

* conversion in colonies has a large negative factor due to the fact that such a phenomenon is much slower than in metropolitan provinces, but from the beginning of the game such a phenomenon occurs to a small extent, this parameter does not block this type of conversion but limits it as education develops and properly implemented policy, such a conversion will take place slowly and successively

* the total religious conversion has been significantly lowered because I cannot imagine that the game will function on the old principle that in 10, 20, 30 years we are able to completely convert a given province or given pops, it is both unhistorical, it also reduces the gameplay, modifiers and parameters used by me operate historically and realistically, while playing with Great Britain, we can see that in some provinces of India the share of the Protestant population will increase indiscriminately over time, but these will be values of tens of percent over several years and such a phenomenon with such intensity took place in the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries , of course, as I wrote before, I did not play Victoria 2, I do not know how the game unfolds in the later stages in terms of events or events, because in many African countries, such as the Congo, the development of Catholicism was a common and fast phenomenon, so also when it comes to certain aspects historical, realistic or balanced gameplay in the future, there may be many new parameters, and perhaps an event or technology tree will be used for the religious conversion

CULTURAL ASSIMILATION

* has been significantly reduced and has a much smaller impact than religious conversion, which adds much more realism to the gameplay, often such a phenomenon will run much slower than the birth rate of a specific minority in our country, sometimes these values may be close to each other, with appropriate internal policy and with an efficient state is the possibility that some minorities may be partially or completely assimilated within several dozen years, or in the case of countries such as the USA

* with proper management of your country, it is possible to assimilate POPs in their national cores (there was no such possibility in the basic version of the game) but it will be a realistic and historical limited phenomenon, for example Prussia will be able to assimilate a small number of Poles in Greater Poland or Kujawy with a properly conducted policy but the numbers will be in the order of tenths of a percent over a period of several years

* additional parameters that will take into account literacy and support for the ruling party will be of relatively little importance in this process, at the beginning, low literacy will slightly reduce the chance of conversion, which will add realism in the initial attempt to convert e.g. indigenous peoples, this ratio will at the beginning but decrease faster and faster, and after exceeding the literacy of ~ 40%, this coefficient will be slightly positive in the ~ 40-85% phase, it will increase significantly, giving a small bonus to then increase slightly to the literacy above 95% and even though they will be really small values, how do you conduct your country will have some influence, similar is the case of support for the ruling party, but the mechanics are slightly different, at the support level of a few percent, the impact on the level of assimilation for a given group will have quite a significant negative impact, but this negative impact may be limited very quickly , already at the level of ~ 30-35% poparc ia for the ruling party will start to have a positive impact, the higher the support for the ruling party, the greater the chance of assimilating a POP, low support for the ruling party has a much greater negative impact than high support for the ruling party

* the level of satisfaction of luxury needs will be of great importance for assimilation, a citizen who uses residence in a rich state and empire will assimilate more often, the greatest bonuses are provided by providing lusus at the basic level because this factor will increase less and less, for example, ensuring demand for luxury goods at 10% for a given POP will give you seven times the bonus than providing an extra 10% luxury goods at> 90% and a greater bonus than providing 50% to 90% luxury goods! The point is that the coefficients determining the speed of assimilation should not be so high in the case of a very well-run state and assimilation policy, as it would reduce the realism of the game. In addition, for luxury goods, any goods are of the greatest importance to each social class, so ensuring supply at the lower levels will be much more important than ensuring supply at the higher levels where the POP does not have one or two luxury goods, or is partially supplied with many goods.

* of course, there are other parameters that slightly affect the speed of assimilation, such as the religion of POP, but their values differ from the base and at any time everything can be slightly optimized because it is the BETA phase, the same as in the case of religious conversion, maybe some technology will have a positive effect and perhaps some negative as well as social or political reforms

MIGRATIONS

* optimization of parameters

* waging war, war exhaustion or provincial occupation may have an impact on increasing foreign migration

* people living in colonies will be much less likely to migrate abroad (this option was not included in the game's base) often they will be newly arrived colonists or indigenous people who are not very eager to look for new places to live and, unlike the basic version of the game, there is little chance of migration from one colony to another colony, of course here I will try to do it in the future so that they choose a different place in the colony in which they currently live.

* the greater the support / trust in the government, the smaller the chance for foreign migration of POP and the greater the chance that a greater amount of POP will start internal or colony migration in relation to foreign migration, so there is a much greater opportunity for the player to avoid or reduce foreign migration which adversely affects the population of the entire state or empire of mines by maintaining high support for the currently ruling political party, especially in provinces that may be subject to mass exodus

SUMMARY

Victoria 3 is coming out in October, I'm definitely going to spend my money on buying this game, I heard about Victoria 2 many times but the game didn't interest me at first glance, even though I like strategy, I recently found out about the next installment and it made me familiar with the second part of this game and I was very positively surprised because the concept of this game is really fantastic. When I wanted to start playing and fired it, of course I had to get acquainted with most things, there was a lot of it, I also reached for a tutorial on YT and started browsing the parameters, and you know how to start the game if some things do not work properly or perfectly and you can do it a bit change to make a better gameplay before I start a campaign, and of course in my case it would be the UK campaign, which is probably one of the most demanding countries. I checked a bit how the game behaves and what I see sometimes as many people migrate to Nicaragua as to the USA, when someone from the colonial state migrates to the colony almost never to the colony, let alone that if there is such a possibility, only pops from the main culture and never again from another country, with such things I could not come to terms with xD it would ruin the whole game and fun for me.

Probably in a few days the economy or technologies will stop me from starting the campaign, who knows, maybe I will start modifying here, change something, maybe I will catch a lot of things during the game, so I count on your suggestions, suggestions on what you think about this game, what would you change I do not have as much experience with this game as many of you, especially in terms of other countries, although I try to make my modification correctly structured from a global perspective. Mods mainly for myself, but in the future there will definitely be files available or the option to download the entire already modded game, the BETA 1.0 version is planned, of course the game is working better and many things work but I want this BETA 1.0 to mean something more and I can't do it for you yet share them, it is also a training, introductory fun before the third installment and a lick of this series, but since I took it, I think that even after switching to V 3, the V2, improved by me, will be available, because some fans will probably reach for the old and refreshed version even if they have already three, some may operate on older computers, I hope at least in the initial phase of BE TA and after testing players and possible corrections, I will manage to create Victoria 2 by Samolub 1.0 by the end of October, but you will probably be able to test my BETA version by October 10, so if anyone has any wishes, ideas, please write and thanks a lot

WORK IN PROGRESS...

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions: