• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zeress

Retired CK2+ Dev
67 Badges
Mar 4, 2012
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
Current version has been tested to work 100% on 2.3.2 and can be downloaded via Steam Workshop
Last Updated February/15/2015

Support resumes for this mod, although mostly just compatibility
Thanks goes to:
Wiz for letting me use his code and flags as a helpful guideline in making this mod
Nazaroth for figuring out a silly UI oversight that was preventing my testing
Pothkan, Keanon, Cèsar de Quart, Wikimedia Foundation and Arko for their Coats of Arms
Sleight of Hand for his titular kingdoms, as well as ideas
Meneth for his general aid in coding
OrdepNM for keeping the mod alive
And everyone else I forgot to mention for helping out!

When Paradox Interactive announced their new titular title creation option in the campaign, I was very excited. All these kingdoms that either didn't have de Jure land during the span, or were too small to give a kingdom could now be potentially seen in game. I was however saddened to see that very few titular kingdoms were actually added to the game and thus this juicy mod was born.

Purpose

The goal of this mod is not to only simulate kingdoms that existed in the time frame of CK2. I would like to also include kingdoms that have merely existed in any time frame (for example I included the Kingdom of Iceland, a kingdom that existed between the first and second world war). For the time being I will not be supporting fantasy kingdoms (i.e. kingdoms that have never existed, like Avalon). I will however consider making a secondary mod with these if there is enough interest.

What titular titles can I make with this mod?
  • Most Serene Republic of Lucca
  • Most Serene Republic of San Marino
  • Most Serene Republic of Genoa
  • Kingdom of Albania
  • Kingdom of Sparta
  • Kingdom of Macedonia
  • Kingdom of Edessa
  • Kingdom of Thessalonika
  • Kingdom of Antioch
  • Kingdom of Switzerland
  • Kingdom of Scania (Skåne)
  • Kingdom of Gascony
  • Kingdom of Candia
  • Kingdom of Strathclyde
  • Kingdom of Austria
  • Kingdom of Tuscany
  • Kingdom of Romania
  • Kingdom of Khazaria
  • Kingdom of Cornwall
  • Kingdom of Iceland
  • Kingdom of Prussia
  • Kingdom of Mann and the Isles
  • Kingdom of Mercia
  • Kingdom of Venice
  • Kingdom of Wessex
  • Kingdom of Dublin
  • Kingdom of Alania
  • Kingdom of Mallorca
  • Kingdom of Jorvik
  • Kingdom of York
  • Kingdom of Bosnia
  • Kingdom of Alania
  • Kingdom of Pomerania
  • Kingdom of Trinacria
  • Kingdom of the Visigoths
  • Kingdom of Belgium
  • Kingdom of Asturias
  • Kingdom of Dumnonia
  • Kingdom of Netherlands
  • Kingdom of Great Moravia
  • Kingdom of Algarve
  • Kingdom of Sardinia
  • Kingdom of Essex
  • Kingdom of Kent
  • Kingdom of East Anglia
  • Kingdom of Sussex
  • Kingdom of Upper Burgundy
  • Kingdom of Provence
  • Kingdom of Northumbria
  • Kingdom of Livonia
  • Kingdom of the Morea
  • Carthaginian Empire (Player ONLY)
  • Gallic Empire (Player ONLY)
  • Archdukedom of Austria
  • Grand Duchy of Tuscany
  • Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
  • Sultanate of Bawadi Arabia
  • Sultanate of Lahej
  • Sultanate of Iraq
  • Sultanate of Morocco
  • Sultanate of Oman
  • Sultanate of Jordan
  • Sultanate of Bahrain
  • Sultanate of Rum
  • Unified Tribes of the Sami
  • Despotate of Epirus
  • Ottoman Empire
  • March of Gothia
  • Kingdom of Rome
  • Swedish Empire
  • Danish Empire
  • Norwegian Empire
  • Icelandic Empire
  • Dutch Empire
  • Norman Empire
  • Sicilian Empire
  • Armenian Empire
  • Alanian Empire
  • Georgian Empire
  • Breton Empire
  • Prussian Empire
  • Khazarian Empire
  • Old Great Bulgaria
  • Bulgar Empire
  • Bohemian Empire
  • Croatian Empire
  • Serbian Empire
  • Romanian Empire
  • Bulgarian Empire
  • Nubian Empire
  • Pecheneg Empire
  • Cuman Empire
  • Celtic Empire
  • Occitan Empire
  • Polish Empire
  • Hungarian Empire
  • Irish Empire
  • Cornish Empire
  • Welsh Empire
  • English Empire
  • Scottish Empire
  • Lithuanian Empire
  • Egyptian Empire
  • Finish Empire
  • Maghreb Empire
  • North Sea Empire
  • Outremer Empire
  • Andalusian Empire
  • Danubian Empire
  • Syrian Empire
  • Ethiopian Empire

Most Recent Change Log
Version 1.40 said:
  • Added:
  • Fixed issue where some people had instant de Jure drift despite defining in the options not to
  • Added some floating tooltips to the options menu to make it more clear what each option does

Direct download Link for the newest version
Archive of all versions, old and new

Last edited:
But how do I make the titular Kingdom of XXXX?

You can always press click on the title finder in the bottom right corner of the screen in-game (underneath the minimap) and type in the name of the kingdom to see its' requirements. For example pressing "/" and then typing into the text box that appears "Asturias" would give you this:

ck2_19.jpg

Then by hovering over the "Create" after clicking on the title you are looking for in the box, you will get this.

ck2_20.jpg

So in this case you must be of Castillan or Basque culture, be a Christian, have 200 piety and not already be a king or emperor and hold the county of Asturias de Oviedo to create the Kingdom of Asturias (on top of the default requirement of having at least 2 duchies as well)

Last edited:
You are free to use the titular kingdoms from my mod if you like.

A word of warning: if you are using the vanilla setup as a base, Cornwall should be Welsh culture and not Breton. I made it Breton in my mod because I've changed Cornwall and Devon to Breton culture as I feel it is a better representation of Cornish than Welsh was.

The goal was to make the vanilla set-up as compatible as possible, but yeah I feel the same way as you do on the Cornwall thing with the bretons. to be fair I made cornwall cornish in ck2+ and there are no landed cornish nobles (it's supposed to be the harder one of the titular kingdoms) but if people feel they want it changed I'm up for that too. The culture of the province ends up not mattering, merely the culture of the holder (if I am understanding your suggestion correctly)

And thanks for your support, I will look into it

A nice addition would be the Early English Kingdoms (Like Mercia and Northumbria), the conditions would be to hold the regions and be a Catholic Saxon (Maybe allow it for Englishs and Pagans too), a variation could be the Nordic Kingdoms (Like the Danish Kingdom of York).

Also, the "Kingdom" (Should be Grand-Duchy) of Austria.

I could never be bothered making Cornish its own unique culture and I don't think two provinces really warrants it anyway. I'm happy with them being Breton, and I'm fairly sure the provincial culture does matter as it influences the culture of random low-level people like mayors. I think people you invite to your court (nobles/ladies/holy men) are always of your own personal culture though.

I also tweaked some of the starting kingdoms -- such as making Byzantium a formable Frankish crusader kingdom (I also gave it a new coat of arms) because I'd already divided the original Byzantium into Trebizond, Epirus and Nicaea.

Anyway, good luck with everything. :)

You mind if I use some of your CoA as well? And yeah, I wouldn't have bothered personally either buy Wiz put them in his mod, so it ends up working in that regard there.

You're free to use any of my ideas/coding so long as you credit me; as for graphics none of it is mine (I don't have the skill or software to edit .TGA files) so feel free to use any of my mod's coats of arms so long as you credit pothkan and Keanon.

A nice addition would be the Early English Kingdoms (Like Mercia and Northumbria), the conditions would be to hold the regions and be a Catholic Saxon (Maybe allow it for Englishs and Pagans too), a variation could be the Nordic Kingdoms (Like the Danish Kingdom of York).

The Danelaw in York is sort of the same title as the saxon northumbria, the vikings who ruled York often had a saxon as a puppet King of Northumbria.

alright well now I have a lot of researching to do lol. Thanks everyone!

A new version is up, see changelog for additions. Not sure if I can put in the Grand Duchy of Austria as I'd still like to put in the Kingdom of Austria and I am not sure if CK2 can properly reflect the structure of a Grand Duchy and a Transition from Grand Duchy to Kingdom in the case of independance.

Last edited:
Don't add Austria as a kingdom because it never was. Have a kingdom-tier Austria called a grand duchy (using specific localization for it).

What was the localization line to replace the kingdom of bit in game?

Wouldn't that change it for all Kingdoms? or do I do
kingdom_of_austria;Grand Duchy of; etc....

For a specific kingdom (you only want it for k_austria, not all German-culture kingdoms) you may need to add the required lines in landed_titles.txt, though I'm not exactly sure how as I've only added specific ruler titles/FoAs.

The Papacy is an example:

title = "POPE"
foa = "POPE_FOA"

It would be nice to see some more of the early medieval kingdoms incorporated. Tolosa (Toulouse) was a big deal at one time:
584px-Reino_de_los_visigodos-en.svg.png

Note that the Kingdom of Aquitaine currently in the game is actually the french portion of K_Tolosa, renamed after conquest by the Carolingians.
Some of the parts of the Carolingian Empire were separate kingdoms titles, as this map nicely displays:
800px-Frankish_Empire_481_to_814-en.svg.png

Note that not all territories on this map were ever kingdoms. Saxony was large, but never a kingdom (until a brief 19th Century period).

Just some ideas for new titles.

Thanks SOH, I think I figured it out now, I'll post the results if it works (as I imagine you will probably be interested too).

@Battlecry, what would you suggest be the restrictions for said kingdom (culturally etc?)