• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a thought seeing your Corrin; when the new expansion comes out with the ability to modify certain attributes at game start (like Flanders' de jure status), it would be really nice if we could set Corrin/Robin to be male or female. I know at least I perfer fem Robin/Corrin.

Speaking of, in general the status of women are clearly more liberal in fire emblem than it is in vanilla, what with all the female soldiers and monarchs in every single game. Plegia is the only major nation in what you'd consider present day fire emblem that doesn't have any examples of female commanders or leader (unless you consider Aversa being in de facto control during Gangriel's reign, which I can see the case). Most, if not all, realms should probably have status of women fully reformed and on cognatic succession,
I'm willing to look into it later on in development

There will be a dev diary tonight, probably a smaller one looking at the first new event I coded for the mod and if i get home in time, probably Hoshido (But not the minor states and tribes bordering it yet)

Ok, couple of issues you are going to have. Hooking in that many special unit types is likely to cause no end of trouble. The sheer amount of work that will come from just trying to make the tactics work with that many different kind of unit is going to be an utter nightmare. Further, there are much better ways to handle things. For instance, combat_pulse event triggers to enable a volley of magic, firing if a flank commander possesses a trait representing a unit of mages, using a variable to store the number of mages and thus the power of magic use, with an invisible combat pulse event having a chance to kill of your mages can be done for any major special units. You can also use such techniques to simulate artillery, which without the ability to expand combat, or to more reliably aggregate combat tactics, or add splash damage in the skirmish phase are likely to be far more effective in representing such powerful weapons.

Further, you are going to need a custom model for every unit, and with custom unit models you run into the limits of display. Properly set, you will either have special unit types always being the troop icon or not. Further you can only have one kind of special unit per holding. So many unit types rediculously expands the divergent building technology trees. Speaking of technology, you will now need to add new entries to the technology tree table to enable the proper 30-40% growth you can get from technology alone. Plus you will also need to add cultural and building perks that Vanilla unit types get. You have essentially multiplied the complexity of a combat engine that is explicitly incapable of representing complexity beyond a certain point. And this is going to be your nightmare.

Ok, couple of issues you are going to have. Hooking in that many special unit types is likely to cause no end of trouble. The sheer amount of work that will come from just trying to make the tactics work with that many different kind of unit is going to be an utter nightmare. Further, there are much better ways to handle things. For instance, combat_pulse event triggers to enable a volley of magic, firing if a flank commander possesses a trait representing a unit of mages, using a variable to store the number of mages and thus the power of magic use, with an invisible combat pulse event having a chance to kill of your mages can be done for any major special units. You can also use such techniques to simulate artillery, which without the ability to expand combat, or to more reliably aggregate combat tactics, or add splash damage in the skirmish phase are likely to be far more effective in representing such powerful weapons.

Further, you are going to need a custom model for every unit, and with custom unit models you run into the limits of display. Properly set, you will either have special unit types always being the troop icon or not. Further you can only have one kind of special unit per holding. So many unit types rediculously expands the divergent building technology trees. Speaking of technology, you will now need to add new entries to the technology tree table to enable the proper 30-40% growth you can get from technology alone. Plus you will also need to add cultural and building perks that Vanilla unit types get. You have essentially multiplied the complexity of a combat engine that is explicitly incapable of representing complexity beyond a certain point. And this is going to be your nightmare.
Ok, will limit the special units drastically, didnt realize alot of those issues, info on them seems very sparse on the wiki. Thanks as ussual zara :)

Ok, after discussing it with knowledgeable people (IE Zara). Special units will be Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders

Last edited:
Hoshido Part 1
748CACBF83E3A790BDB37C59E9908137CB3710D4

Hoshido plus various vassals, Ryoma has two duchies, the second will become Corrin's if he defects via event.
Yukimura and one of the Hoshidan generals also hold a duchy each
BBB7A4B73346FB52AED07C2DDD6EE3EDE1E535B9

New Minor Title, Retainer​

3FF10BCA74377C54DCC9921DD6428B1CBF83CFD5

This is a new on pulse random event under certain conditions causing a priest of Loptyr to make you become a vessel for Loptyr, if you accept you convert and become the new head of the faith. A formable Lopto Empire title will be included as well​

Reactions:
Dev Diary 1: Tellius Part 1
F1EC2FBB3AB2F136FF1CD1ABDF0192C260BC39C1

De Jure Kingdom Map
CBBB856B66DC373B3ACBF304A73388E39B970A3E

De Jure Empire Map

BA6FEBB17A136FEE7215103ACC0A988388770DFA

Culture Map

The Southern Two Lands havent been worked on yet, as I am unsure on what to use as a reference base for names.

Also Hattari, I am unsure of its location if anyone has ideas on their placement let me know​
Kilvas and Phoenicis are the bird kingdoms, with the falcons on the larger island in Phoenicis, while the crows rule the two smaller islands to the east of Phoenicis as Kilvas...
Also Hatari should be beyond Daein, past a desert, which I suppose you could use something like the ruins in the game of thrones mod to symbolise the Desert of Death.

I feel like the easiest way to make the units more Fire Emblemy is to just rename the vanilla units. Instead of generic light infantry/heavy infantry/pikemen/archers/light cavalry/heavy cavalry/special unit, you could have myrmidon/knight/soldier/archer/cavalier/paladin/special unit (ideas for special units could be mages or manaketes or pegasus knights, depending on the specific faction)
This is the new plan it seems. Though Mages/ Manaketes will be handled more via commanders and traits that trigger events and the such

Kilvas and Phoenicis are the bird kingdoms, with the falcons on the larger island in Phoenicis, while the crows rule the two smaller islands to the east of Phoenicis as Kilvas...
Also Hatari should be beyond Daein, past a desert, which I suppose you could use something like the ruins in the game of thrones mod to symbolise the Desert of Death.
Thanks! So Hatari is past Death Desert, tempted to put it on the Nohr border then.....

Hoshido Part 1
748CACBF83E3A790BDB37C59E9908137CB3710D4

Hoshido plus various vassals, Ryoma has two duchies, the second will become Corrin's if he defects via event.
Yukimura and one of the Hoshidan generals also hold a duchy each
BBB7A4B73346FB52AED07C2DDD6EE3EDE1E535B9

New Minor Title, Retainer​

3FF10BCA74377C54DCC9921DD6428B1CBF83CFD5

This is a new on pulse random event under certain conditions causing a priest of Loptyr to make you become a vessel for Loptyr, if you accept you convert and become the new head of the faith. A formable Lopto Empire title will be included as well​

The ability to become the vessel of Loptyr is definitely interesting! Judging by the looks of it, the event will be open to everyone, since Jugdral isn't on the map? Will there also be similar events related to other deities?

Judgral is Akaneia in the past, much like Ylisse is Akaneia in the future. At least that's what TVTropes says about the Judgral games. Never played them due to just only beginning to learn Japanese this year.

EDIT: Since Hoshido is very clearly not-Japan, I'd suggest we'd use the Asian graphics for them once we get to the point where we can worry about that stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks! So Hatari is past Death Desert, tempted to put it on the Nohr border then.....
It would make a certain amount of sense, considering you can find the, well, wolf Laguz in Nohr... though, the way you have the continent, you might want to put a desert or something between Hatari and Nohr, because Hatari thought they were the only people on the continent, also since they were so secluded, they don't really have a negative view of other races, being able to co-habitate with both Beorc and Branded without any difficulty. Also, according to lore, Hatari joined Gallia after the events of Radiant Dawn in a sort of civil-union, uniting the countries, so perhaps give the king of Gallia the choice to offer the ruler of Hatari the ability to become a sort of Gallian Empire.

Judgral is Akaneia in the past, much like Ylisse is Akaneia in the future. At least that's what TVTropes says about the Judgral games. Never played them due to just only beginning to learn Japanese this year.

EDIT: Since Hoshido is very clearly not-Japan, I'd suggest we'd use the Asian graphics for them once we get to the point where we can worry about that stuff.
I think that is incorrect, there are english translations patches online btw, havent tried the FE4 one but the FE3 one was good.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Jugdral vs http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Akaneia

Also in the Lopto Sect page, I believe it said the founder travelled to Akaneia from Jugderal to forma blood pact, which would imply they are seperate. I didnt include Jugderal because I'd rather see a separate FE4 and 5 mod. If anyone does I am more than willing to share what I make over time.

Agreed on not-Japan, I'll ask the Tianxia people if I can use their graphics

The ability to become the vessel of Loptyr is definitely interesting! Judging by the looks of it, the event will be open to everyone, since Jugdral isn't on the map? Will there also be similar events related to other deities?
The event is open to human rulers only whom are not a religous head. So cant be a Manakete, Taguel, Apostle of Ashera/ Yune, Wolf/ Fox people etc

It would make a certain amount of sense, considering you can find the, well, wolf Laguz in Nohr... though, the way you have the continent, you might want to put a desert or something between Hatari and Nohr, because Hatari thought they were the only people on the continent, also since they were so secluded, they don't really have a negative view of other races, being able to co-habitate with both Beorc and Branded without any difficulty. Also, according to lore, Hatari joined Gallia after the events of Radiant Dawn in a sort of civil-union, uniting the countries, so perhaps give the king of Gallia the choice to offer the ruler of Hatari the ability to become a sort of Gallian Empire.
Interesting! Still uncertain where I am playing Hatari but I am narrowing down the list of ideas

If I get time today, I'll finish the areas surrounding Hoshido.

Dev Diary Hoshido And Neighbors Part 2
9A7B1570086D3846FDC0521B0FC5A1C8472473D4

New Religion Map (Btw I will add a province or two in the bottomless canyon region, just debating how many and where
C75C739643FA9029F9D139892935041BA795C06B

Kotaro, King of Mokushu
92744F965211161643DE73C2ED94DA5E6EDD9264

King Izana of Izumo, The Wind Tribe is held by Fuga and the Fire Tribe by Rinkah since we dont know her fathers name
Kaden holds the Kitsune Hamlet as a vassal of Hoshido​

Reactions:
I think that is incorrect, there are english translations patches online btw, havent tried the FE4 one but the FE3 one was good.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Jugdral vs http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Akaneia

Also in the Lopto Sect page, I believe it said the founder travelled to Akaneia from Jugderal to forma blood pact, which would imply they are seperate. I didnt include Jugderal because I'd rather see a separate FE4 and 5 mod. If anyone does I am more than willing to share what I make over time.

Agreed on not-Japan, I'll ask the Tianxia people if I can use their graphics

Yeah, I just did some google-fu, including a genuine attempt to read the Japanese Wikipedia page for FIre Emblem. While Judgral and Akaneia's histories are clearly linked, I don't think it was intended for them to be the same continient. I will admit being wrong here. (And so is TVTropes since they still claim they are)

Hoshido looks really nice. While my first game will definitely be as Lucina, I would definitely try out either Mikoto or Hinoka for my second game.

Reactions:
Woh after a busy day it's very good to see all the news on the mod, but for the problems Akaneia/Judgrall, It's really not the same map, Also it says in the chronology of Jugdral that Naga and the others divines dragon are from an other continent when they went to Jugdral to stopped Loptyr :)

Reactions:
Yeah, I just did some google-fu, including a genuine attempt to read the Japanese Wikipedia page for FIre Emblem. While Judgral and Akaneia's histories are clearly linked, I don't think it was intended for them to be the same continient. I will admit being wrong here. (And so is TVTropes since they still claim they are)

Hoshido looks really nice. While my first game will definitely be as Lucina, I would definitely try out either Mikoto or Hinoka for my second game.
Yea, I'll probably release an alpha as i get one continent done at a time, so Tellius/ Fates will be first then Ylisse/ Valm