• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frozen_Predator

Captain
59 Badges
Mar 21, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
With neontd stepping down as creator of this mod this is the new thread for discussion, bug reports and suggestions

and here is the current download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63452275/amazonsFP1.11-2.zip

features from the mod:
Currently only amazons availlable at the Old Gods bookmark, however they are all of the Areseid Dynasty and sisters
Amazons are locked into Enatic succession.
Amazons can castrate male prisoners or use them to
All held provinces at these start dates have Amazon culture and Hellenic religion.
Amazon women can hold any council position.
Amazon rulers have to purge their court of men every 3 months or so. Kind-hearted rulers can simply banish them, but cruel matriarchs may choose to kill them instead. (when converted this event fires less frequently and adds the option of imprisonment)
Hellenic rulers get the usual pagan defensive bonuses and can loot provinces
Amazon rulers get a shiny new casus belli thats similar to holy war, but can't be used against female rulers.
New Amazon rulers of Scythia, Cyrene and Pontus get a bunch of awesome female courtiers for free.
Amazons can hold Aphrodisia, the sacred festival of Aphrodite. It offers chances to get pregnant, and children conceived at the festival get positive traits.
Hellenic Amazons who control Thessalonike can create the Empire of Amazonia
Most amazon decisions work slightly different when converted to another faith
Amazon children between age 10 and 16 will get special events boosting martial and giving martial boosting traits, however it carries a risk of wounding or maiming or even cowardice
Harem mechanics added

screenshots:
uHx6XAG.jpg

The queendoms

cZh9Ay0.png

Queen of Pontus

0dAtwRz.png

Queen of Scythia

FQoc8od.png

Queen of Cyrene

vSOGMtw.png

The late and unplayable Ares

WTRkerK.png

The four regular mercenary units

8GxBkFm.png

The last Amazon Queen, availlable at the 1066 start

Last edited:
Subbed. You should copy the OP over.

I'm actually making some changes right now which will affect the mod some more.

currently:
The three amazon queens are now sisters, daughters of Ares himself and part of the Areseid Dynasty.
They only appear in the Old Gods starting date now.

I'm actually looking for ideas on how to incorporate the amazons into the 1066 date instead of being the same as the 867 start just with changing neighbours

I'm actually making some changes right now which will affect the mod some more.
I'm actually looking for ideas on how to incorporate the amazons into the 1066 date instead of being the same as the 867 start just with changing neighbours
What you could do is have them confined to Cyprus or the small island off of Ethiopia making it its own county and say they were banished to those islands by blah blah.

maybe I'll have them reduced to just Krete since that is already amazon held at the 867 start.

I am currently working on mercenaries btw, and their almost done, except the fact that the troops wont show up (despite having modded the right files as far as I know.)

Just saw this thread.

Are there cultural bonuses for amazon levies/retinues?

I've been playing the old mod with the kill/banish men event removed. I've subjugated Hungary and got the title. However, the inheritance laws for Hungary was Agnatic Gavelkind. I waited 10 years so I can change the law, but there is no option to change to Enatic. I changed the law to Elective and tried to use the allow_laws cheat to change the gender law, but the only thing available is absolute cognatic which I was unable to change to for some reason. How can I change the laws of a Kingdom I usurp? I am planning to create the Empire of Carpathia, will I encounter the same issue if/when I do so?

there should be an event popping up if you're amazon cultured changing your laws to enatic.

Amazon currently have no cultural levy bonuses however they have 2 cultural buildings and 2 cultural retinues and the option to create a special mercenary unit.

I have one suggestion for the next update: Have a mercenary group be on retainer to the Queen of Scythia (ie. the Varangians or Mamaluks). Call them the Amazonian Guard or something similar. Might serve to help out those who want to play Scythia.

No event popped for me changing the gender laws to Enatic. Perhaps I need to update to the latest version of the mod?

Is the latest update of the mod compatible with previous version saves and 1.103?

I have been landing male dynasty members to increase my the size of my dynasty. However, I have discovered that once you land a male, the laws never change to enatic and its always a male that takes over so I've been landing the wives of male dynasty members instead. How does the latest update address this?

Ok I updated to latest version of the mod and it bugged out as it changed all the laws to enatic, but I saved and reloaded with all the gender law changes and everything seems to work fine now. Thanks!

Update:
Guess there is some kind of event that pops every 20 days? All I get is a blank pop up screen, it doesn't say what it is. Is that the gender law change? When the blank pop ups come up I can't close them so I have to save and reload the game every 20 days. So I probably need to just start the game from scratch or go back to the old version of the amazon mod.

Last edited:
Amazons can castrate male prisoners or use them to

...snoo snoo?

This mod is too awesome to not have a reference to Futurama, right? Could you make death by snoo snoo the preferred execution? I mean, how else is an amazon kingdom going to flourish when you banish/kill all the men every three years? :)

So I tried to start a new game with the most updated mod and CK2 patch 1.103, I've come to conclude that they are incompatible. So I am going back to the older version of the mod.

I'm curious as to how people like 1.111. Before I install that update, I'd like to know if it is super buggy like 1.11.

So I tried to start a new game with the most updated mod and CK2 patch 1.103, I've come to conclude that they are incompatible. So I am going back to the older version of the mod.

I'm curious as to how people like 1.111. Before I install that update, I'd like to know if it is super buggy like 1.11.

1.103 is indeed incompatible with the most recent version of the mod, because the most recent version of the mod uses some changes to custom tooltips that were added in the most recent patch, thus the game can't read some events. I personally have had few problems with 1.111 but I also didn't have a lot of problems with 1.11

Ok, I took the plunge and updated to 1.111. Everything seems to be working with my old save. The tribal kingdom of Scythia is no more, but I can create all the other king titles.

One definite bug, the other a maybe bug

Bug: All four of the Amazonian mercenary armies have blank leaders as in no leaders.

Maybe bug No option to reform the Hellenic religion after holding four of the five possible holy sites (The only one I didn't hold was Rome) How do you trigger reformation of the Hellenic faith and what are the effects of reformation ?

It's a bit harsh that your own male offspring also get automatically castrated on top of being banished. It does give problems when you want to create alliances..especially if using your male offspring to marry off matrilineally to Cyrene or Pontus for forming alliances.

One definite bug, the other a maybe bug

Bug: All four of the Amazonian mercenary armies have blank leaders as in no leaders.

Maybe bug No option to reform the Hellenic religion after holding four of the five possible holy sites (The only one I didn't hold was Rome) How do you trigger reformation of the Hellenic faith and what are the effects of reformation ?

It's a bit harsh that your own male offspring also get automatically castrated on top of being banished. It does give problems when you want to create alliances..especially if using your male offspring to marry off matrilineally to Cyrene or Pontus for forming alliances.

The Hellenic religion is reformed from the start.