• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aerotinge

Gouverneur van Torkia
41 Badges
Aug 1, 2018
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
325F10FFE11D185AA7CB67BDF4D75A26621B539B
Crusader Kings II: Jade Serpent is the community expansion for the much mixed-reviews strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion DLC and introduces the gamer to an ahistoric story of rising of Aztec.

This fantasy scenario marks Paradox Development Studios first departure from history(And now they've gone really-really far.) Hearing of Europe from travelling Northmen, the blood drenched Nahuatl Civilization has risen early and now spread like a virulent plague. Prepare to defend all you hold dear against the Sunset Invasion!

Jade Serpent will feature:

Sunset Invasion Overhaul:
Sunset Invasion event now shows in new form, with offmap Mexikha power integrated.
The Imperial Majesty Request:
A new “Mexikha Screen” lays out the status and desires of the Huetlahtoani of Mexikha, letting you keep tabs on what he wants and how to earn his favor.
Present Tribute For Now:
Submit to the Empire as a tributary, always keeping an eye on the waning power of the Huetlahtoani, so you can time your escape to freedom. Or simply becoming a reliable ally of Huetlahtoani.
Booty and the West:
Collect wondrous new Mexikha artifacts for your characters; explore a new Triangular trade route that adjusts returns based on Mexikha’s stability

Disclaimer:
This expansion is still in early beta. You can play it with a previous savegame. However you'll be unable to revert the savegame back to Vanilla state.
As I mentioned, that early beta means it may have weird behaviors, and the localisation strings are improvised and incomplete. Please report any bugs you found with screenshots below.

Set game rule "Sunset Invasion" to "Random" will fire it immediately, for beta test purpose.
Upload your art works and replace my makeshift graphic files! Every helps are welcome.

Credit:

Buy it NOW
Free Download:
https://xfl.jp/nTzXd3
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1871385339

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    396,3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I suggest the title changed to represent what the mod is, like "A sunset invasion overhaul", or something else. Current one seems not, emmmm, attractive enough.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looks interesting!

Though, out of curiosity, will the Aztec religion get a warrior's lodge, or does them not being within the 'Pagan' category exclude them for that?

Browing the game files, I stumbled upon the off-map game files and couldn't help but think that this would have made sunset invasion more interesting. Thanks for making it a thing, I wouldn't have the skills to make interface,... I'll be looking forward your updates :)

I suggest the title changed to represent what the mod is, like "A sunset invasion overhaul", or something else. Current one seems not, emmmm, attractive enough.

Seconded on the name change. Also why are you using the Caduceus symbol on the off map empire?

Anyway, I'm eager to try this out!

Jade is more known in China. Maybe Obsidian Serpent or even totally different animal, like Jaguar, would be better :)

As for its name, It follows Paradox's traditional rule, so no "XXX overhual"
When I collecting files, I got this
Double-headed_serpent

well...turquoise is sort of jade. And I want to make this expansion a counterpart with Jade Dragon, but smaller in volume.
So it comes up as Jade Serpent, vile, deceitful while smart.

about caduceus, it shares some elements with Quetzalcoatl(feathered serpent).
I don't have abilities to create fancy art works so I simply use it as metonymy.
Looks interesting!

Though, out of curiosity, will the Aztec religion get a warrior's lodge, or does them not being within the 'Pagan' category exclude them for that?

Ahhhhhh I just too lazy to make a WL for aztec, it was on the blueprint but I erased it lol

Last edited:
How it will handle reformations if there is already a Religious Head? What will happen if i pick Temporal leadership?
You own the Aztec Hierocracy and become head of Reformed Aztec, while Old Aztec is still under control of Cuāuhtlahtoāni.
(I guess so, that's why I need open beta test.)

If you going to look into a warrior's lodge, the Youtube channel Invicta got a video about Army Ranks and Promotion of the Aztec.
Maybe could that be an inspiration.

Keep up the good work!

Development Diary 2 - Tecuilhuitontli "Flint knife"
Development Diary 2 - Tecuilhuitontli "Flint knife"
Work on the next beta continues, and I'm bring you some frontline news with screenshot.

AI war setup:

Back to the days Jade Serpent just hatched. It's using war mechanism much alike to vanilla Sunset Invasion - Doomstack.
A pack of 160k infantry is a classic symbol of old-school CK2 warfare, very nostalgic. But it has been outdated.
In next beta release, Mexikhan Huetlatoani would send their troops from their homeland, continuously and on demand, to make sure their expansionist policy thrives.
ck2_674.png

So, it's much more possible to push them back the sea right after their first landing,
But they'll stay around Sahara Occidental, seeking opportunities to launch invasion again.

Trimming Peace deal, decisions and artifacts(and trade route maybe?)

While putting more emphasis on "invasion", someone may find that peace deal is kinda uselesszzZZ for the Mexikhan.
Since they're here for lands, tributaries and sacrifices. There's no room for such things like "peace" which used by offmap China.
Whole peace deal thing was removed from Jade Serpent, along with a lots of antilytron(grace) decisions.
Why decisions? In following updates, the wars and turmoil between Europa and Mexikha is the first priority.
Revocation of decisions is only a temporarily measure. Keep your antilytron in the safe, it's not going to void.
For artifacts, it's the same reason. Only a few artifacts will stay in Jade Serpent, and they're truly rare antique from now on(No more Q5 Jade Serpent spamming!)

Canon, the alternative history of Nahuatl and Aztecs:

Some of you may have a question: "What the heck is the Toltec Empire, and where Aztec goes?"
Well, Paradox is infamous for its ill unique view of history. The entire Sunset Invasion is a joke for a group of CK2 players.
Instead of putting Ottoman Empire in high Medieval, it's better to stage Seljuks there, isn't it?
That's why a historical plausible alternative Canon has been written. You'll able to see this precious manuscript soon.
Witness the mesoamericas arising and making their great for first time. This time, Columbus is on their side...
But hey don't be upset too soon, the insane world could be even more absurd.
ck2_680.png
ck2_681.png
(To EU players: )Welcome to Random New World!

Alright bye and See ya next invasion!