• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice Find! Wasn't trying to justify the crown used in Ck2/3 just wanted to say that I found a possible inspiration for it. Why would Trebizond depict him the way they did if it was wrong?
Lol no prob, do note a Trebizond painter made this some 300-350 years after his reign. It’s not like they can see or have access to what crown he wore, especially when the style fell out of use 200 years prior. So he’s probably depicting him wearing contemporary imperial clothes.

Where as this portrait of his crown made by Greek scholars during the 1400s in Constantinople is more accurate. Probably due to them having access to surviving coins, Portraits and manuscripts from his reign still in the city unlike the Trebizond painters.

Even then it’s not a 1 for 1 recreation like their portraits of John Komnenos and beyond, with contemporary 15th century influence on it
FFAF9093-7A32-4D90-BF1C-D359ECACB94D.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Going by the last few comments, I guess I got lucky: with this mod enabled my game just aborts initialization halfway through, so I don't have to see the carnage :)
There's a problem with some files in EPE, reported in the bug forum a while ago and in discord but no response. Delete arabic_qalansuwwa_caliph_early, fra_crown_of_louis_german_01a and all the zoroastrian_imperial_crown files in headgear of gfx. Then it will work

Has the Paradox Forum EPE mod been updated for 1.6.1.2? It still gives errors in my launcher

• 1Like
Reactions: