• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(545523)

Corporal
1 Badges
Aug 31, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
I was doing some modding and I created a new unit and new mage improvement but accidentally left the name fields on both of them blank. Now the unit and the perk have names like #unit_un_m_u_wights_death and #fi_m_adv_fractionperk_zom. When I click on them the editor freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del to end the process. Is there a way to get rid of these items without the editor locking up?

Only way would be through XML editing. It's pretty simple to just edit the mod's files.

Mods are stored at this location, or something similar.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<YourSteamID>\205990\local\mods

Go there and locate your mod, look for a folder that looks something like this, but with different numbers. If you've made multiple mods, there will be multiple folders. Use the dates on them to find out which one is the mod you're looking for.
m76561197976421844_1397232480

Open your mod's folder and use this tool to convert the data.xr to xml.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/558756256352912366/?appid=205990

Open the xml file in your favorite text editor. Locate the items you want to remove, delete them. Be careful not to delete anything else, only the things you want to remove. And make sure to delete all of the item, can't imagine what would happen if you leave half of one in there, but it wouldn't be good. Make back-ups just in case.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be glad to answer.