• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does this mean you've figured out the DNA and appearance codes?

Does anyone know of an editor for the faces in CKII, as there was for the original CK?

Does this mean you've figured out the DNA and appearance codes?

Does anyone know of an editor for the faces in CKII, as there was for the original CK?

Did you check here? -> A complete guide to custom portraits - it's all about the DNA & properties codes.

Sorry, but there's still no editor for such changes, you can only do it manually. Even if, you would be able to change it in save files, but characters placed in history\characters folder usually have no DNA (they get it when you start the scenario) - only few of them start with it.

Did you check here? -> A complete guide to custom portraits - it's all about the DNA & properties codes.

Sorry, but there's still no editor for such changes, you can only do it manually. Even if, you would be able to change it in save files, but characters placed in history\characters folder usually have no DNA (they get it when you start the scenario) - only few of them start with it.

That method is far too much of a hassle. Much easier to locate and identify characters whose appearance you like - copy their DNA and replace your character's DNA with it. I have a txt file full of such - for males and females.

That method is far too much of a hassle. Much easier to locate and identify characters whose appearance you like - copy their DNA and replace your character's DNA with it. I have a txt file full of such - for males and females.

If you are too lazy and don't mind with taking only some ready, then you can, yes. But if you'd like to do some changes in appearance, you would need the knowledge in there...

I just discovered the mod. Looks very good. I am modding some things for Iberia, so this works well with some of the other things that I am thinking about. Iberian kings were almost all portrayed with full beards, so the bald, clean-shaven guy called Sancho II of Castille looked a bit odd for me.

If I do get something off the ground, I would like to integrate some of your changes into my mod, with attribution of course.

On hair color, a fair proportion of Iberians in royal portraits from the period were rather fair-haired, and with the rise of the Trastamaras, their English heritage lightened the royal hair even more.

I used this mod to make a few changes and added a couple of beards to the Iberians myself. Fortunately, the character history files had virtually no characters with existing property slots (I think six). It's still something I need to work on, but I have to have a better understanding of how to code the frequency of each frame. Fortunately, the beards populate on the Iberians rather well. Still have some minor work to do on making them look a little better, but I at least know how to add them. :D

View attachment 50997

Has anyone had any luck adding props? I was trying to add in the pregnancy icon to the portrait like in CK1, by adding an entry to portraits.gfx and then giving conditions to portrait_properties.txt, but no success yet.

Is this compatible with 1.05c?

I'd guess yes. The new patch does not change how portraits work in any way that conflicts with what this mod changes. Most of the patch's changes are in the /common folder, while the mod changes a few graphics and one interface file. I think that this mod has been put on hold for now, but it should work fine.

Greetings! I would like to ask for permission to integrate some parts of this mod within mine (found here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ng-Characters-(more-realistic-and-historical) ), well actually I would mostly want to use the Orthodox head-dresses.(although that new beard is great too) :D I am unsure who I need to ask permission for those Trovador or thrashing mad? Hopefully you guys are still around and can give me an answer. :D

Last edited:
Greetings! I would like to ask for permission to integrate some parts of this mod within mine (found here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ng-Characters-(more-realistic-and-historical) ), well actually I would mostly want to use the Orthodox head-dresses.(although that new beard is great too) :D I am unsure who I need to ask permission for those Trovador or thrashing mad? Hopefully you guys are still around and can give me an answer. :D

I would PM them both. Trovador did the scripting on this mod, while thrashing mad did the excellent new textures.

I pmed them both a while back. I'm still hoping Trovador will answer, but I'm thinking he might have abandoned this mod /interest in moding CK2, or is on holiday or something. I hope he's going to allow me to use parts of this mod for mine, that orthodox headgear is too good to go to waste.

I pmed them both a while back. I'm still hoping Trovador will answer, but I'm thinking he might have abandoned this mod /interest in moding CK2, or is on holiday or something. I hope he's going to allow me to use parts of this mod for mine, that orthodox headgear is too good to go to waste.

I would consider the new clothing to be TM's work. Trovador said in a PM to me that he is in school with no time for modding but giving his permission. I wanted my Iberians to have beards and he did do that scripting in portrait_properties so I asked him for it and received it.

Well, I got permission! :D (from both now) Thanks a lot guys, love is truly in the aiiiiiiiiiiiir!!! :D Time to integrate stuff and be merry hehehehe.