• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll try this out. I simply tried to emulate the restrictions paradox had already set in place

EDIT: This works, thanks! I'll add in Lotharingia and make an update soon.

Last edited:
I like that earlier guy's ideas about africa. Some of the other ones are a bit daft.

To me everything looks good, although I might say you should consider creating some future states as possible empires for balance purposes? I would argue breaking russia apart by creating poland lithuania(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Polish-Lithuanian_Commonwealth_(orthographic_projection).svg) I would argue in favor of Poland-Lithuania Instead of Jagiellon mostly because it allows a larger Balkan/Hungarian empire to form and doesnt hurt the HRE as bad (keeping Bohemia within that framework)

You could consider an A Hungarian Empire with Hungary, Romania and Croatia, and then giving Lotheringen and Burgundy to a sort of "Francia" as an empire. I kind of like making the crowns of italy and sicily as the "Roman Empire" 'cause it'd be fun to play as a resurgent Rome. The issue of course with this it eats a pretty big chunk out of the HRE. Could be worth it though

Either way, excellent mod and I've really been wanting empire titles everywhere so nice work mate. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Last edited:
I like that earlier guy's ideas about africa. Some of the other ones are a bit daft.

To me everything looks good, although I might say you should consider creating some future states as possible empires for balance purposes? I would argue breaking russia apart by creating poland lithuania(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Polish-Lithuanian_Commonwealth_(orthographic_projection).svg) I would argue in favor of Poland-Lithuania Instead of Jagiellon mostly because it allows a larger Balkan/Hungarian empire to form and doesnt hurt the HRE as bad (keeping Bohemia within that framework)

You could consider an A Hungarian Empire with Hungary, Romania and Croatia, and then giving Lotheringen and Burgundy to a sort of "Francia" as an empire. I kind of like making the crowns of italy and sicily as the "Roman Empire" 'cause it'd be fun to play as a resurgent Rome. The issue of course with this it eats a pretty big chunk out of the HRE. Could be worth it though

Either way, excellent mod and I've really been wanting empire titles everywhere so nice work mate. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Balance is definitely something to strive for but we can't really test anything until the full game comes out unless a beta tester is willing to play around with it...

BTW I can't download Darrigan's Lotharingia mod. Does the link work for anyone else?

pfried said:
The 'Roman Empire' here is meant to represent a rump western Roman empire lacking its Iberian, British and African provinces - I suppose it would be more accurate to call it the Latin Empire though that might raise some heads seeing as it already exists as a titular empire and was essentially a catholic Byzantine Empire...

What you are attempting to describe here is the Holy Roman Empire, which (at its height under Charlemagne) comprised France, Italy and Germany. In the timeframe of Crusader Kings 2, the Holy Roman Empire was considered to be the Western Roman Empire, at times also attempting to claim suzerainty over the Byzantine (Eastern Roman) Empire. Obviously the Holy Roman Empire is already in the game...

Balance is definitely something to strive for but we can't really test anything until the full game comes out unless a beta tester is willing to play around with it...

BTW I can't download Darrigan's Lotharingia mod. Does the link work for anyone else?

I'll look into this. How did you attach the file to your first post? I can't seem to figure out how to do it :p

EDIT: Re-uploaded. Should work now.

Last edited:
Why would it be that? Sweden had it as a duchy for ages.

Poland, Lithuania and Hungary should be its own empire (Russia is completely overpowered). I would also split the Roman Empire up into France and Burgundy, being a french empire. Then have Italy be its own empire with Italy and Sicily in it.

In most other PI games, Finland is not needed to make scandinavia (that was never the goal either, Sweden, Denmark and Norway has always been the goal) but. I agree it would make sense to add atleast the western part of Finland to Scandinavia if not all, due to the Era we are in and for balance purposes.

I look forward to see these kind of mods.

Scandinavia can be interpreted broadly.

Well we both can agree that Iceland is not Scandinavian but they are Norwegian in culture(IIRC and in Norweigan rule so making the "Scandiavian Empire" to the "Nordic Empire" work just as well since:

1. All agree what nation is in the Nordic region(except Estonia :rofl:)
2. It make it somewhat harder to make it
3. I can not think of more

Edit: fix tupos

Well we both can agree that Iceland is not Scandinavian but they are Norwegian in culture(IIRC and in Norweigan rule so making the "Scandiavian Empire" to the "Nordic Empire" work just as well since:

1. All agree what nation is in the Nordic region(except Estonia :rofl:)
2. It make it somewhat harder to make it
3. I can not think of more

Edit: fix tupos
I understand you, all I am saying is that Scandinavia can be used in the same way you use Nordic. The term is very loose and can at maximum extent consist of all Nordic cultured countries, Finland and the Baltic countries.

Updated mod the mod to include fixes to the coat of arms in Darrigan's mod and added short names to all empire titles. No more "Empire of Angevin Empire"!

According to Polish-Lithuanian Empire: I made something like this by myself, but removed part of duchies from kingdom of Rus, and than create Ukraine as separate Kingdom. This three Kingdoms (Poland, Lithuania and Ukraine) are more suitable to historical area of Commonwelth. :)

I have to disagree with the Angevin Empire. The war in England can go four ways: Norway, Saxon England, Denmark or Normandy. Two of them are Nordic, and the other has nothing to do with France. Making the Angevin Empire seems as if you want to force the game to go as it did historically when at this period it could very easily have gone into very different directions. It is better to have France and Britain split up in their own empires in my own not-so-humble opinion.

I have to disagree with the Angevin Empire. The war in England can go four ways: Norway, Saxon England, Denmark or Normandy. Two of them are Nordic, and the other has nothing to do with France. Making the Angevin Empire seems as if you want to force the game to go as it did historically when at this period it could very easily have gone into very different directions. It is better to have France and Britain split up in their own empires in my own not-so-humble opinion.

Touché

It just seems weird to have a lonely french kingdom. Might just be me though