• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,

I am trying to increase my crown law but all my councillors ( except for the one loyal one ) are shown as "undecided" ( be it pragmatic or zealot or glory hunter). One of them has even more than +90 relation with me but still undecided. Is this how it is supposed to be ? Does that mean i should take my chance with voting or is there anything else i can do to sway them to my cause.

One more question; in vanilla appointing someone to the council meant automatic prevention of faction schemes. Now, faction system is completely overhauled in this mod. Does appointing someone to the council has any effect other than improving the mood of the particular faction he is in ? ( and unnecessary if the guy didn't join any faction at all )

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,

I am trying to increase my crown law but all my councillors ( except for the one loyal one ) are shown as "undecided" ( be it pragmatic or zealot or glory hunter). One of them has even more than +90 relation with me but still undecided. Is this how it is supposed to be ? Does that mean i should take my chance with voting or is there anything else i can do to sway them to my cause.

One more question; in vanilla appointing someone to the council meant automatic prevention of faction schemes. Now, faction system is completely overhauled in this mod. Does appointing someone to the council has any effect other than improving the mood of the particular faction he is in ? ( and unnecessary if the guy didn't join any faction at all )
Try bribing a few of them.

Reactions:
Guys I don't understand this empire too big, reduced levies BS. I'm getting penalties of 90 percent, I've even cheated the laws higher, leveled up my tech, and raised obligations to max and theres been no improvement. Perhaps I don't understand this game, but I can't even fight a war.
Please someone explain this mechanic to me

Guys I don't understand this empire too big, reduced levies BS. I'm getting penalties of 90 percent, I've even cheated the laws higher, leveled up my tech, and raised obligations to max and theres been no improvement. Perhaps I don't understand this game, but I can't even fight a war.
Please someone explain this mechanic to me
Do You have a highly centralised demesne? Are You above the demesne limit?

Im not above it, and I wouldn't say highly centralized I'm still relatively early in the game as William the Conqueror and I conquered Brittany which may have been too much too soon
When I was playing as William initially my penalty was somewhere around 60 percent; but playing as his heir the penalty is almost 91 percent. The only thing I changed was defense centralization law.

Im not above it, and I wouldn't say highly centralized I'm still relatively early in the game as William the Conqueror and I conquered Brittany which may have been too much too soon
When I was playing as William initially my penalty was somewhere around 60 percent; but playing as his heir the penalty is almost 91 percent. The only thing I changed was defense centralization law.
There is a penalty called recent succession that lasts 5 years. You will see it on your character modifier. If you're talking about vassal levies it's highly dependent on the vassal's opinion. If they don't like you they won't give you jack. As you say you're playing as William, there is a vassal opinion hit called "foreign conqueror" that granted to you if you press your claim against a kingdom that is of a different culture(in the vassal tab you can see who like you and who don't like you move your mouse to the number will also show you why they don't like you).

If this is your first time playing CK2, I suggest you start with vanilla. learn the mechanics before playing with mods. Otherwise, you will be overwhelmed by all the mechanics. CK2 vanilla for the newcomer is already pretty hard(although once you become familiar with it the vanilla is pretty bare IMO), top it with overhaul mods like HIP or CK2PLUS will be even harder.

And you can play as a kingdom in HIP if you are not willing to deal with the mechanic comes with HIP to restrict powerful empire(imperial decay). The current imperial decay system is that the more centralized/higher crown authority you're the more decay you will have. And the imperial decay tooltips in the game explains it. In the army tab, you can also see how much levies. the vassal is giving you move your mouse to the value you can see why they give you that amount of levies.

I propose to correct the mistake for the Catholic priests. They should not have the right to manage the fortresses without a fine and this should make the priest give the fortress to the baron.

Reactions:
I really enjoy playing your mod. Thanks for all the work and for keeping it updated :)
I would love to have the option to pillage holdings to the ground though as a pagan tribal ruler. Can we get that feature like in vanilla ck2?
Otherwise this Mod is simply brilliant. I have sunk hundreds of hours into it and I can never go back to vanilla ck2. I would love to try a suomenusko HRE run while staying tribal but I need to be able to pillage for that.

I really enjoy playing your mod. Thanks for all the work and for keeping it updated :)
I would love to have the option to pillage holdings to the ground though as a pagan tribal ruler. Can we get that feature like in vanilla ck2?
Otherwise this Mod is simply brilliant. I have sunk hundreds of hours into it and I can never go back to vanilla ck2. I would love to try a suomenusko HRE run while staying tribal but I need to be able to pillage for that.
Or could someone try to explain to me how I could mod it myself? Is it enough to alter a text file or the like. I have no idea how start :/

Keep in mind that pillaging holdings to the ground as a tribal character would be significantly less powerful in EMF than in vanilla, should you mod the decision back in. In vanilla, each empty holding slot gave the top tribal holding a +50% boost to its levies and taxes. In EMF, this is now just +10%; you are almost always better off just leaving existing holdings in place as a result.

Keep in mind that pillaging holdings to the ground as a tribal character would be significantly less powerful in EMF than in vanilla, should you mod the decision back in. In vanilla, each empty holding slot gave the top tribal holding a +50% boost to its levies and taxes. In EMF, this is now just +10%; you are almost always better off just leaving existing holdings in place as a result.
I see. I didn't know this. This makes it a lot easier to accept the fact that I'm not able to pillage. Thanks for that insight.
I started a af Ivari game btw and I'm close to forming the kingdom of Ireland while keeping Wessex busy and supporting my fellow norse rulers in Britannia. Really fun!
Does anyone have a suggestion which Duchy would be the most sensible as my Capital? Dublin is nice, but it doesn't have that many counties.. By Odin, I love this game so much!
Trying to decide if I should divert my efforts and try to get the holy sites so I can reform vs. conquest of as much of Britannia as I can get before Europe starts Holy Wars against me..

Been spelunking in the files for personal-submod reasons, and I think some of the weighting modifiers for the effects when a Lollard or Waldensian attempts to translate the bible are backwards. The negative outcome has modifiers with weight 0.8 that trigger when the character has learning below various thresholds, meaning that whilst a character with learning 9, 10 or 11 has equal likelihood of getting the good or bad outcome, a character with learning below 4 has about a 66% chance of getting the good outcome, a higher chance than any character with learning below the final threshold of 20 (for comparison, a learning stat of 20+ gives a chance of ~68%). Switching lines 1325-1327 with 1328-1339 in emf_heresy_decisions.txt would appear to fix the problem.

"Prisoner handling - Ransom All, Execute All, and Release All decisions are available for those with overflowing jails" missing for me.

How do I get the decision to show? Is there some lower limit on number of prisoners? I had around twenty and still don't see it. Thanks.

Finally it occured to me to sieve through the all the relevant EMF source on GitHub and I found that Ransom All, Execute All, etc. was removed from EMF back in 2017. Unfortunately without any mention of it in the changelog or changing of the wiki, where it still prominently features. Geez, thank you guys for several days of confusion, trying to find an advertised but quietly removed feature! ;)

emf_prisoner_decisions.txt on Github: "removing ransom-all/etc. due to 2.7s QoL improvements" - Mar 14, 2017 commit by Zijistark (sorry, can't link yet as it flags as spam with my low post count or whatever)

I had a look at CK2 2.7 patch, and yes, it adds new Prisoner Management tool with filtering, but only as a paid feature for owners of MNM.

Is there any modding policy of not going against paid QoL improvements (quite understandable), or was it removed more by accident because Zijistark and other EMF authors own every DLC already and haven't noticed prisoner management tool (the "2.7 QoL improvement") was in the paid section of patch 2.7 with MNM DLC only? In case of the latter, would you consider adding the basic Ransom All/Execute All/Release All decision back into EMF again?

Now I'll just have to go through all the commits and see if I can mod it back just for myself. The MNM Prisoner Management tool looks great, filtering by all parameters, but I just need a simple Ransom All, nothing else. Clicking through thirty prisoners and waiting months between all the replies is just unworkable.

BTW, just in case to prevent any misunderstandings, I really like EMF, mods like these in HIP and others really make the game much more enjoyable It's just that looking for a feature that should be there according to text and changelogs - but isn't - is really confusing :) Thanks!