• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wining the HRE election for one character is very punishing right now:
1. Your elector title (titular duchy) is automatically destroyed
2. Titular kingdoms always pass on to the emperor, even if they had a non-elective succession before
2. You lose any non-de jure vassals, regardless of previous points

Is it really meant to work like this? It's probably the same for any elective realms, including MRs
That's awful! It would explain recent lack of big vassals in the HRE in my games and its meltdown due to emperors rarely disposing of a significant power base of their own demesne.

Could children be guaranteed to have at least a few childhood traits by age 12?
You could use the Rich Childhood mod. It's got some good flavour for when you're underage, and characters tend to get slightly more traits (especially if you activate it for everyone in the rules on startup).

I heard that mod reverses the problem by dishing out too many traits to everyone?
That was a few versions ago, now it looks quite balanced I think.

The only issue I've had with it is that children sometimes convert to their capital's culture - so I personally added some checks to avoid culture conversion in some cases (the same checks that are used for capital culture conversion in EMF and NHO).

Last edited:
That was a few versions ago, now it looks quite balance I think.

The only issue I've had with it is that children sometimes convert to their capital's culture - so I personally added some checks to avoid culture conversion in some cases (the same checks that are used for capital culture conversion in EMF and NHO).
I'll have to try it out then. If you could provide that tweak too that'd be nice.

I'll have to try it out then. If you could provide that tweak too that'd be nice.
Sure, just be aware that I made this for NHO, so it includes NHO-specific cultures: extra Scandinavian ones and the Scots culture.

Just replace the file in "...\Childhood\events"

Attachments

• rich_childhood_events.txt
    96,6 KB · Views: 7
Wining the HRE election for one character is very punishing right now:
1. Your elector title (titular duchy) is automatically destroyed

If you are an elector and then elected, your elector title is only destroyed if it is titular (unless you created it yourself). [Of course, the slot is then reassigned.] This has a somewhat historical basis and has some desirable gameplay properties, but admittedly I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

2. Titular kingdoms always pass on to the emperor, even if they had a non-elective succession before

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Pass on from who? In any case, we don't and can't really hack title succession, so you're presumably looking at standard behavior.

2. You lose any non-de jure vassals, regardless of previous points

Is it really meant to work like this? It's probably the same for any elective realms, including MRs[/QUOTE]

This is how it's always been for all succession laws based upon feudal elective and is neither our intention nor something about which we can do anything.

Are defensive pacts always disabled even if you haven't turned it off? Doesn't seem like any ruler gets threat from their conquests in my games.

Threat increase is pretty mild in EMF.

Hello. Does installing the last EMF version v11.1 imply that I have to restart a complete new game ? I am currently playing the previous version
In principle, if it was started on an EMF version included in Frosty1 or some Beta between Frosty1 and Frosty2, then it is compatible with Frosty2.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Pass on from who? In any case, we don't and can't really hack title succession, so you're presumably looking at standard behavior.
I mean that the new emperor gets it. So if you create a titular kingdom (such as k_lotharingia) then get elected emperor, the titular kingdom effectively loses its own succession law and always goes to the emperor. This wasn't always the case IIRC and I thought it was an EMF change, but I can't find it in the changelogs.

I was inspired by your post here to play a more natural game without min-maxing, but I just don't think the game supports it very well. In this case, gaining the emperor seat for one character and then losing it is extremely punishing - you lose almost all of your vassals and demesne. You've also made it (rightfully) nearly impossible to hold a MR continuously in one family and I think the situation is the same there, but I haven't tried that yet.

Last edited: