• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
We're all very excited about EMF. I believe it combined with PB will make the game considerably more interesting to play.
I haven't worked on EMF myself beyond commenting on some of the ideas being discussed internally, though it has of course utilized some code from PB. The reason for this is mainly modding burnout; I haven't done much modding in months, and I don't really expect that to change until Charlemagne comes out, sadly.
ziji has done great work leading the module, as is to be expected of a modder of his caliber.

The mentioned feature about military commanders is currently aimed at already-landed characters. I don't think it's possible to give feudal characters a "virtual barony" like those of the Patrician families to make them playable, but I may be incorrect.
You can give them a titular county or above and they're playable. Just try tagswitching to a mercenary commander.
Of course, they're not at all interesting to play though, but it is definitely doable.