• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes he gets assassinated and then as baronies dont have histories it looks like he never existed. But usually he is happily sat there wizarding away the centuries.

On an unrelated note, here's one part ImmortalWombat's latest WIP, it's a unique armour for the Redguard;
red_L2.png

That is pretty bloody sexy-cool-dangerous! Challenge of the week, see how long you can wear it in Elsweyr whilst keeping you head attached to your shoulders.

0.1.4 Preview #1 ~ Slavery

Seeing as how 0.1.4 is still a while off, I figured I'd provide a few little previews of what we've been working on
to whet your appetite for the next version.

In the Elder Scrolls lore Slavery was something of a contentious issue. The Imperials are themselves a "race" descended
from slaves, liberated by their venerated heroine, Saint Alessia, and culturally they view it as an abomination. On the
other hand, the Ayleids, who still exist in a degenerated form in Valenwood during the Interregnum, view slavery as a
"gods-given-right", much as the other Mer see slavery. Despite this, the practice has died out in much of Tamriel, but
that doesn't mean it can't make a resurgence.
3XApL74.jpg

To allow Slavery you must first belong to a religion that "accepts" it; most religions will allow you to legalise
Slavery, but some will not. The Human Pantheon, the Khajiit Pantheon and the Tang Mo Pantheons are unable to legalise
slavery due to cultural and religious moors against the practice. For the Humans it represents their long servitude to
the Mer, to the Khajiit it is abhorrent to take the freedom of another Khajiit or sentient in general, not so much for
religious grounds but rather that it conflicts with their hedonistic, anarchistic and extremely "free" loving attitude
and general state of being.
jCVU4EX.jpg

lI2ry0i.jpg

Once you have allowed Slavery, some new options open up to you. Firstly, any prisoners you have that are *below* Duke level
(so Counts, Barons, Unlanded = Fair Game) can be sold in to slavery. This is right now effectively a form of execution, that
character is removed from the game, and in exchange you, the Slaver, receive a certain amount of gold based upon the person
sold. Healthy, Strong, Intelligent slaves will fetch much more gold than weak, sickly slaves.
53IkNKW.jpg

-
JFtBSWe.jpg

Cl1s4Rd.jpg

KZppdBV.jpg

In addition to being able to sell Prisoners, when a person is "raiding" or "looting" and their crown law title has slavery
allowed, they will get an event allowing them to procure slaves while raiding the province for it's gold as well. This will
in turn give even more gold to the Slaver, and one random province within the Slaver's demesne will gain the "Slaves" modifier.
aeDIbZ0.jpg

Similarly, when successfully sieging a province during wars Slavers will get the option to Enslave the local populace with the
same results as looting.

41gjthv.jpg

fuvcL3E.jpg

Slavery isn't all good, however, as you will start to see some of your more friendly and freedom loving vassals gaining the
"Liberator" trait, which gives them a free cassus belli against you for being a Slaver; Liberators from outside your own realm
also gain this free CB. On top of this, selling prisoners into slavery can cause any vassals who share that person's culture to
gain a negative opinion modifier towards you (if you share the persons culture, then only Kind/Charitable/Honourable people will
gain the negative mod), and the person's family will despise you.
z962Qjo.jpg

In addition to the Liberators and opinion modifiers, who can cause a constant headache for you, there are Slave Rebellions to take
into consideration.
a9nFz02.jpg

Normally Slave Rebellions will only occur when you have a high revolt risk in a province with Slaves, but on the rare occassion
a Slave Rebellion can simply be triggered by an over-zealous slave owner...

...and that's all folks, for this preview anyway. I hope you've enjoyed the screenshots and my innane ramblings. :)

0.1.4 Preview #1 ~ Slavery

Seeing as how 0.1.4 is still a while off, I figured I'd provide a few little previews of what we've been working on
to whet your appetite for the next version.

In the Elder Scrolls lore Slavery was something of a contentious issue. The Imperials are themselves a "race" descended
from slaves, liberated by their venerated heroine, Saint Alessia, and culturally they view it as an abomination. On the
other hand, the Ayleids, who still exist in a degenerated form in Valenwood during the Interregnum, view slavery as a
"gods-given-right", much as the other Mer see slavery. Despite this, the practice has died out in much of Tamriel, but
that doesn't mean it can't make a resurgence.
3XApL74.jpg

To allow Slavery you must first belong to a religion that "accepts" it; most religions will allow you to legalise
Slavery, but some will not. The Human Pantheon, the Khajiit Pantheon and the Tang Mo Pantheons are unable to legalise
slavery due to cultural and religious moors against the practice. For the Humans it represents their long servitude to
the Mer, to the Khajiit it is abhorrent to take the freedom of another Khajiit or sentient in general, not so much for
religious grounds but rather that it conflicts with their hedonistic, anarchistic and extremely "free" loving attitude
and general state of being.
jCVU4EX.jpg

lI2ry0i.jpg

Once you have allowed Slavery, some new options open up to you. Firstly, any prisoners you have that are *below* Duke level
(so Counts, Barons, Unlanded = Fair Game) can be sold in to slavery. This is right now effectively a form of execution, that
character is removed from the game, and in exchange you, the Slaver, receive a certain amount of gold based upon the person
sold. Healthy, Strong, Intelligent slaves will fetch much more gold than weak, sickly slaves.
53IkNKW.jpg

-
JFtBSWe.jpg

Cl1s4Rd.jpg

KZppdBV.jpg

In addition to being able to sell Prisoners, when a person is "raiding" or "looting" and their crown law title has slavery
allowed, they will get an event allowing them to procure slaves while raiding the province for it's gold as well. This will
in turn give even more gold to the Slaver, and one random province within the Slaver's demesne will gain the "Slaves" modifier.
aeDIbZ0.jpg

Similarly, when successfully sieging a province during wars Slavers will get the option to Enslave the local populace with the
same results as looting.

41gjthv.jpg

fuvcL3E.jpg

Slavery isn't all good, however, as you will start to see some of your more friendly and freedom loving vassals gaining the
"Liberator" trait, which gives them a free cassus belli against you for being a Slaver; Liberators from outside your own realm
also gain this free CB. On top of this, selling prisoners into slavery can cause any vassals who share that person's culture to
gain a negative opinion modifier towards you (if you share the persons culture, then only Kind/Charitable/Honourable people will
gain the negative mod), and the person's family will despise you.
z962Qjo.jpg

In addition to the Liberators and opinion modifiers, who can cause a constant headache for you, there are Slave Rebellions to take
into consideration.
a9nFz02.jpg

Normally Slave Rebellions will only occur when you have a high revolt risk in a province with Slaves, but on the rare occassion
a Slave Rebellion can simply be triggered by an over-zealous slave owner...

...and that's all folks, for this preview anyway. I hope you've enjoyed the screenshots and my innane ramblings. :)
Looks amazing!

Please don't quote enormous posts like that without editing the quote first.

Mores, not moors. Moors are people descended from Berbers and Arabs, or a type of lowlands similar to flood plains. Mores are the social laws and customs of a people.

Also, I love what you are all working on here. I look forward to playing House Telvanni when I finish my current VIET game.

Mores, not moors. Moors are people descended from Berbers and Arabs, or a type of lowlands similar to flood plains. Mores are the social laws and customs of a people.

Also, I love what you are all working on here. I look forward to playing House Telvanni when I finish my current VIET game.

This is so spooky, Arakhor said the EXACT same thing in a PM :blink:

It's a good job I did this preview :p

Will there be a CB or something added to allow slavers to look further afield for "Stock" rather than just next door, allowing, say, the Morrowind Slavers Guild to raid further into Blackmarsh than just the adjacent provinces without one of the current CBs?

EDIT: Actually, does the events fire even when the raid isn't "valid" so you don't get any loot money from it? If so, then I suppose that still works.

Will there be a CB or something added to allow slavers to look further afield for "Stock" rather than just next door, allowing, say, the Morrowind Slavers Guild to raid further into Blackmarsh than just the adjacent provinces without one of the current CBs?

EDIT: Actually, does the events fire even when the raid isn't "valid" so you don't get any loot money from it? If so, then I suppose that still works.

No, the event only fires on a successful looting of a province. I hadn't planned on allowing "long-range" slave raid CBs as the AI doesn't really work well with "raid" type CBs in my experience, however laying a successful siege in normal wars as a slaver gives you effectively the same option as the looting event, no matter where you siege.

Will we be able to sacrifice our slaves as religious offerings (and receive boni in exchange)?

Hm, not at the moment but that is an interesting idea, so, yes you *will* be able to, I just haven't added that yet :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.