• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those having crashing issues when your on the map at the character selection screen (when you select and click play) make sure you have the mod installed in the My Documents/My Games/Paradox/CrusaderKings2/Mods rather than the installation mods folder. As I forgot that overhaul mods need to be installed there, and not the game installation mod folder. Game started up fine after I did that.

Does anyone know how to start education for a child? My character is 9 years old but i can't find a way to get education.

I would just like to congratulate the mod-makers. It's a little rough around the edges, but the first release is a huge achievement. So much work has gone into this, it's amazing.

Here is a unofficial sub-mod of mine that may help some people with slower computers or people who are uncomfortable with Akavir in general:

NO AKAVIR
NoAkavir

It completely removes Akavir, Roscrea and Esroniet from your game.

Warning: It may cause some increase in CTDs, I can't pinpoint a cause right now, use at your own risk.

Here is a unofficial sub-mod of mine that may help some people with slower computers or people who are uncomfortable with Atmora in general:

NO ATMORA
NoAtmora

It completely removes Atmora from your game.

Warning: It may cause some increase in CTDs, I can't pinpoint a cause right now, use at your own risk.

Here is a unofficial sub-mod of mine that may help some people with slower computers or people who are uncomfortable with Pyandonea in general:

NO PYANDONEA
NoPyandonea

It completely removes Pyandonea from your game.

Here is a unofficial sub-mod of mine that may help some people with slower computers or people who are uncomfortable with Yokuda in general:

NO YOKUDA
NoYokuda

It completely removes Yokuda from your game.

Also, here is a unofficial sub-mod of mine that may help some people with slower computers or people who only want to play in Tamriel and nowhere else:

ONLY TAMRIEL
OnlyTamriel

It completely removes Akavir, Roscrea, Esroniet, Cathnoquey, Roscrea, Pyandonea, Atmora and Yokuda from your game.

And here is a unofficial sub-mod of mine that may help people who LOVE DWEMER!

YAGRUM
Yagrum

It adds Yagrum as a playable character during the Interregnum bookmark. You may find him in Zarfibel.

Warning: It may cause some increase in awesomeness!

However, here is a unofficial sub-mod of mine that may help some people who dislike the new Education System or aren't patient to wait for it to be completely fixed:

VANILLA EDUCATION
VanillaEducation

It restores Vanilla education system.

Warning: It may cause CTDs, other effects are unknown. Let me know if anything weird shows up.

You must unzip to "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod" like you must do with the normal mod. Needless to say, the core mod is needed.

If that installation method doesn't work, you can always paste the sub-mod over the main mod to get the same result. Bear in mind trough, that this alternative installation method is unsupported.

P.S: Those Sub-Mods are my complete responsibility, the Mod Team can help you, but it's not supported.

Last edited:
203770_screenshots_2013-04-01_00001.jpg

Sorry, but another screen. Any idea why this is happening?

The first time I installed this I installed it to steamapps/common because I was too excited to read the directions. I have repeatedly uninstalled and installed CK2 and it seems that the data from the mod still exists in the file despite deleting the CK2 file after uninstalling. I put the mod in the documents Crusader Kings 2 file and thought I had finally done it but still crashes after selecting a character and trying to play. I suppose I just cannot play this mod. :/ I really do not know what else to do.

Could you reconsider readding the option to select a tutor for children out of your own vassals\subjects? The current education system is fancy, sure, but the guild leaders and other such that the children are being sent to are completely random (Archmage of Winterhold with the Journeyman Barbarian trait...) and the original CK2 method of doing it at least allowed you to select who EXACTLY is going to teach yer kids stuff.

Right now it's even more random than before, and this isn't exactly fun or balanced. I've seen that the Ayleid rulers at least cannot send the kids to guild leaders etc, but instead the tutors are selected based on skill from their own vassals and such - even though at first it seemed to me kind of silly, now I see that it makes more sense than the education system for the "normal" cultures :X

Really loving this mod. I have got the same map problem as above, however. Otherwise everything seems fine except for the multiple children to random courtiers of indiscriminate sex, but the comedy value of that is too great to complain.

View attachment 77174

Sorry, but another screen. Any idea why this is happening?

I don't know exactly but as it seems to be a texture problem I would...

Apply the "2GB fix" with CFF Explorer or other program.
Try to use Steam's "Verify Cache" option.
If that doesn't work, delete Crusader Kings II folder in My Documents (Backup your saves and mods if you want)
If that also doesn't work, re-download the mod and try again.

The first time I installed this I installed it to steamapps/common because I was too excited to read the directions. I have repeatedly uninstalled and installed CK2 and it seems that the data from the mod still exists in the file despite deleting the CK2 file after uninstalling. I put the mod in the documents Crusader Kings 2 file and thought I had finally done it but still crashes after selecting a character and trying to play. I suppose I just cannot play this mod. :/ I really do not know what else to do.

Wait wait... I may have this... crossing fingers.,..

Could you reconsider readding the option to select a tutor for children out of your own vassals\subjects? The current education system is fancy, sure, but the guild leaders and other such that the children are being sent to are completely random (Archmage of Winterhold with the Journeyman Barbarian trait...) and the original CK2 method of doing it at least allowed you to select who EXACTLY is going to teach yer kids stuff.

Right now it's even more random than before, and this isn't exactly fun or balanced. I've seen that the Ayleid rulers at least cannot send the kids to guild leaders etc, but instead the tutors are selected based on skill from their own vassals and such - even though at first it seemed to me kind of silly, now I see that it makes more sense than the education system for the "normal" cultures :X

I'm adding a +1 to this with another statement: Occasionally, after playing for a bit, it doesn't even let you take various paths for unknown reasons. It'll let you spend the money, but no one will be available to take the kid as a ward. Going back to the vanilla method I think allows for a lot more control and options for the player, as fancy and cool as it may be now.

... what?
let's start from scratch: (steps 1~4 optional... but best be sure)
1) uninstall ck2
2) delete ck2 folder and everything in it
3) reinstall ck2
4) delete the entirety of the "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\ElderKings" folder
5) re-extract the contents of the downloaded file to "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\ElderKings"
6) run the ck2 launcher and the Elder Kings mod

I'm adding a +1 to this with another statement: Occasionally, after playing for a bit, it doesn't even let you take various paths for unknown reasons. It'll let you spend the money, but no one will be available to take the kid as a ward. Going back to the vanilla method I think allows for a lot more control and options for the player, as fancy and cool as it may be now.

We surely will look into this, I'm really thankful for all the feedback that we have been gathering.

Also, don't rush for it, but if anyone starts an AAR, let us know. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.