• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is about Talos' campaign, will there be Numidium?

The focus of the mod is not upon a single person or campaign but rather Tamriel itself from 2E450 on (Tiber wasn't born until around 2E828 or somewhere about that time). Any appearance of the Numidium right now would be problematic, it's effectively a "win" device, but I have some ideas on a few events that could be tied to it, but realistically, how would a 3,000 foot tall golem be represented in CK2? A gigantic (no pun intended) boost to your Heavy Infantry numbers perhaps? :unsure:

The focus of the mod is not upon a single person or campaign but rather Tamriel itself from 2E450 on (Tiber wasn't born until around 2E828 or somewhere about that time). Any appearance of the Numidium right now would be problematic, it's effectively a "win" device, but I have some ideas on a few events that could be tied to it, but realistically, how would a 3,000 foot tall golem be represented in CK2? A gigantic (no pun intended) boost to your Heavy Infantry numbers perhaps? :unsure:

Actually that's not a bad idea.
It gives a massive boost to heavy infantry. It could even improve vassal opinions because of the intimidation factor.

Of course there should probably be a small chance that it backfires spectacularly.

Sorry for just jumping in now, I've been reading about this mod for a while and I just now caught up.

I also can't wait to see how you handle the various magical schools.

Restoration experts could be less effected by attrition or take fewer casualties when defeated.
Conjuration experts can get bonuses to Heavy or Light infantry.
Illusion experts could get bonuses to intrigue or some of the more cerebral battle factors.
Alteration experts could get bonuses to siege morale *magicking food/water in* Or better armor.
And Destruction experts could get general offensive bonuses.

Again sorry for intruding I've just had so many thoughts about this.

Actually, you could take a hint from the GOT mod's use of Dragons, and give it a HUGE martial bonus to whoever is able to successfully acquire it..which should be difficult.

Actually, you could take a hint from the GOT mod's use of Dragons, and give it a HUGE martial bonus to whoever is able to successfully acquire it..which should be difficult.

After a brief discussion, we'll be taking a different approach, not at all what anyone is expecting :)

After a brief discussion, we'll be taking a different approach, not at all what anyone is expecting :)

A 'special' character implanted with the game who acts as the Numidium, who is essentially a general that can be attached to lead armies?... :p

Doubtful though considering that would open more problems.

You would also have to differentiate between an activated Numidium, and one that is not. For example, at the start of this mod the Numidium would belong to Morrowind, but it was useless. A very rare event should let you activate it with the correct sacrifice.

You would also have to differentiate between an activated Numidium, and one that is not. For example, at the start of this mod the Numidium would belong to Morrowind, but it was useless. A very rare event should let you activate it with the correct sacrifice.

You'll see ;)

DEVELOPMENT DIARY 4

Ah Resdayn! Land of the Dunmer, a reclusive and enigmatic people who are unique in their worship. At the present time the Kingdom of Resdayn is unified as one single state which is rather unique in this time period when compared with most nations in Tamriel. This region includes the mainland of Resdayn along with the island of Vvardenfell, and the northern island of Solstheim.

http://i.imgur.com/CR1SZ.jpg

Presently the Kingdom has the five Great Houses' Overseers and their vassal counts as possible characters to play as. Vvardenfell is owned directly by the Temple so it will not be playable at start but I'm sure we'll have ways in the future that will allow for the Houses to expand onto Vvardenfell like it occurs in the game Morrowind.

Resdayn's culture and religion pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/zS3y5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hogGE.jpg

Solstheim is heavily divided up at the present time and in many ways represents the tribal differences that would be present on this island at this time. Solstheim is unique in that it is probably one of the smallest areas on the map yet it does have a duchy and de jure kingdom as well, representing the independence of the island's inhabitants, the Skaal, a tribe of nords similar, yet different to their Skyrim cousins.

Solstheim's culture and religion:
http://i.imgur.com/ynULN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LaHzX.jpg

Some interesting characters:

The Five Houses: Easily the most interesting of characters in this area. In the case of all but House Indoril, you are able to scheme for the throne from within. House Dres is in a particularly good position to gain slaves from Argonia, House Telvanni is very isolated from the other houses and has it's own little island, House Hlaalu is in an advantageous position in the border with war-weary Cyrodiil, House Redoran is an extremely good defensive position sharing small borders with the other Houses and having mountains between itself and Skyrim. Finally, there is House Indoril who is in charge of not only the Kingdom of Resdayn, but a relative of the King also holds the position of Patriarch of the Tribunal Temple.

Count of Moesring: At the present time on Solstheim, the Count of Moesring is the most powerful count with 2, yes... TWO provinces! Haha! I joke but the count is in a particularly fortunate position when compared to his Solstheim neighbors, although his position is also precarious, as a claimant to the County of Moesring resides within his neighbour's court.

Next will be Argonia, Here's the preview:
http://i.imgur.com/SUc89.jpg

Looks Awesome
Do the great houses work as dynasties, traits or titles or a mix?

Right now the Great Houses are titular duchies but at the same time the heads of the duchies are the five houses so they have dynasties each of them. As for potential additions like traits that would make Hlaalu more spy type and Redoran more martial I am unaware of that Korbah, Amauri, or rickinator9 might have a better idea than idea on that but I can confrim the dynasties.

Well now we have to guess what it is, My guess is you make him into a event only create able unit that has godly stats. But then again I dont think its possible to create units but who knows, my shot in the dark.

Well now we have to guess what it is, My guess is you make him into a event only create able unit that has godly stats. But then again I dont think its possible to create units but who knows, my shot in the dark.

No, nothing so gamebreakingly powerful as that, but something that is still potentially very powerful ;)

Right now the Great Houses are titular duchies but at the same time the heads of the duchies are the five houses so they have dynasties each of them. As for potential additions like traits that would make Hlaalu more spy type and Redoran more martial I am unaware of that Korbah, Amauri, or rickinator9 might have a better idea than idea on that but I can confrim the dynasties.

Sound Good.
I was thinking traits would be good for the + same/- opposite trait relationship modifiers having the Great Houses not like each other as much as themselves and allow retainers and new members and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.