• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not give them ideas. I have had my fair share of mods turning into DLC/games, thank you very much. :glare: Anyway, everything is still looking great! ;) Looking forward to the other DDs.

Do not give them ideas. I have had my fair share of mods turning into DLC/games, thank you very much. :glare: Anyway, everything is still looking great! ;) Looking forward to the other DDs.

If this was a DLC I'd buy it without a second thought. Though if any mod is going down that path it's probably the Game of Thrones one.

If this was a DLC I'd buy it without a second thought. Though if any mod is going down that path it's probably the Game of Thrones one.

The mod is not even out yet, and you would buy it without a second thought? Yeah... Right. That sounds smart.

Now, here on the Paradox forums Magna Mundi would probably be the best example of mod-gone-game which was a disappointment. In Mount and Blade Warband, there is Napoleonic Wars, which came from the mod Mount and Musket (Same creators) and was essentially the same thing with a slightly more "professional" touch to it and a pricetag. The updates for Warband that came with this mod/DLC also wrecked most of the awesome and free mods that were already out...

Overall, I am not that very interested in any mods being sold, and I am sure the Elder Kings team have nothing of that sort planned.

Overall, I am not that very interested in any mods being sold, and I am sure the Elder Kings team have nothing of that sort planned.

Now why would you be worried about a mod that can't be sold legally, nor can it be official in any way due to the fact that Elder Scrolls is, well... copyrighted. Bethesda are very picky about that sort of thing, just ask Mojang. So your worrying about nothing... Nobody can make a profit from it.

Although I do hear what your saying in regards to other mods, but that is the case of the developer picking them up and selling them as dlc, despite the fact that there is a mod that does exactly that.

Another perfect example of this is the upcoming Heartfire dlc/expansion for Skyrim despite the fact there is a mod that does exactly what Heartfire does.

Maan- I've unintentionally started a storm;). What I wrote a few posts before was just a unorthodoxly wrought compliment. Releasing dlc for one game with fluff copyrighted by another company is virtually impossible. So anyhow- keep up the good job team. :D

Now why would you be worried about a mod that can't be sold legally, nor can it be official in any way due to the fact that Elder Scrolls is, well... copyrighted. Bethesda are very picky about that sort of thing, just ask Mojang. So your worrying about nothing... Nobody can make a profit from it.

Although I do hear what your saying in regards to other mods, but that is the case of the developer picking them up and selling them as dlc, despite the fact that there is a mod that does exactly that.

Another perfect example of this is the upcoming Heartfire dlc/expansion for Skyrim despite the fact there is a mod that does exactly what Heartfire does.

Not really worried, just not one of those who go around sighing and wishing they had to pay for the mods. ;) Oh well, what is the next Dev Diary? Elsweyr, I guess?

Can't wait to take over the world with Daggerfall. First I have to get independence of course:laugh:

Specially for you, a look of Daggerfall's leader, King Achilles I Herrick and his Breton-like Kingdom: http://i.imgur.com/CHZDm.jpg (He is so Ambitious!)

As the Breton say: "If you don't like your ruler, find an empty hill and found your own Kingdom."

To other people: Please feel free to make questions and/or requests about the areas already covered by the Development Diaries. Just don't overdo it please. :p

Really looking forward to this, looks really good. Keep up the good work

Will there be any events to do with creatures such as dragons, trolls, spider infestation ect (not very good at the lore but pretty sure dragons are gone at the time of the mod but maybe an event resurecting them?)

Really looking forward to this, looks really good. Keep up the good work

Will there be any events to do with creatures such as dragons, trolls, spider infestation ect (not very good at the lore but pretty sure dragons are gone at the time of the mod but maybe an event resurecting them?)

There actually are dragons out there. But they mostly live far away from civilization.

As of the other creatures, yes, there will be events. We already have a Globin/Falmer infestation event in place. :happy:

Specially for you, a look of Daggerfall's leader, King Achilles I Herrick and his Breton-like Kingdom: http://i.imgur.com/CHZDm.jpg (He is so Ambitious!)

As the Breton say: "If you don't like your ruler, find an empty hill and found your own Kingdom."

To other people: Please feel free to make questions and/or requests about the areas already covered by the Development Diaries. Just don't overdo it please. :p
Nice I knew Daggerfall was a small Kingdom But thought for game purpose it would have been a Duchy or county in Highrock. If all the Bay kings are present there will be quite a few one county Kingdoms. Well that makes for an interesting game mechanics. What happens if you succeed in uniting Highrock? would that be another Empire or would you just have a lot of king titles where you would be unable to grant the land to vassals as the kingdom then gets independence?

Nice I knew Daggerfall was a small Kingdom But thought for game purpose it would have been a Duchy or county in Highrock. If all the Bay kings are present there will be quite a few one county Kingdoms. Well that makes for an interesting game mechanics. What happens if you succeed in uniting Highrock? would that be another Empire or would you just have a lot of king titles where you would be unable to grant the land to vassals as the kingdom then gets independence?

At the Illiac Bay we only have Daggerfall, Wayrest, Orsinium and the High Kingdom of Hammerfell currently.

We don't meddled much with High Rock Titles but I believe that we would use a system similar to Colovia/Nibenay -> Cyrodiil. Once the Kingdom of High Rock is formed all the other Kingdom titles are dismantled. (With the notable exception of Orsinium of course)

Now, as the Nords, Dunmer, Argonians, Altmer, Bosmers and even the Khajiit (Elsweyr Confederacy) have their own Empires I have been thinking about a Illiac Empire for anyone able to hold Hammerfell and High Rock together. Any thoughts?

Will there be any events/decisions to enslave Argonians as Count Rindral and other Dunmer near Argonia?

Edit: Also, this mod looks amazing, and so do the Dunmer and Argonian portraits. I can't wait to you release it!

Last edited:
Illiac Empire sounds good, although it might be better not have all of Hammerfell included in it. Sentinel+High Rock would make sense. Think the map from the game Daggerfall, and make that one big empire.
Oh, and maybe the Redguards should have one big Ra Gada Empire stretching from Anvil to High Rock, and into Skyrim. Only for Redguards, of course.

Illiac Empire sounds good, although it might be better not have all of Hammerfell included in it. Sentinel+High Rock would make sense. Think the map from the game Daggerfall, and make that one big empire.
Oh, and maybe the Redguards should have one big Ra Gada Empire stretching from Anvil to High Rock, and into Skyrim. Only for Redguards, of course.
+1 I think this sounds like the best solution by far. If the King titles are dismantled do they become Duchies or Counties in stead? I would say that duchy might seem logical but having one county duchies is not preferable so either having more counties in each( as it seems you have with the amount of kingdoms not implemented)
or when Highrock is formed having the "king" fall from grace and become a simple count in the now larger kingdom seems like the best solution to me.

characters looks absolutely stunning! Good job! there's no doubt these are characters from the elder scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.