• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should the underlying theology of it matter more than politically reality?
The ALMSIVI dumner are isolationist, the best way to represent that in the game mechanics, is to have them have their own religion group. Thats what religion group means, not the roots of the theology. Islam is rooted in christian theology but its in a different group in CK2 because its a different communion, society, etc, which is what the mechanic represents.
The Dumner wouldnt be likely to open their doors and hearts to the Altmer or other Outsiders just because they turned to Daedric worship, see an Imperial as less of an outsider if he followed the Daedric traditions?. Religion is not about faith or gods, but what international community they are a part of, and the Dumner are very much on their own. Religion group, is whose society you understand, who you share the basic things in common with, who the AI will seek marriages with, hate or etc. Its who the character considers like him and who he sees as alien. And no matter the deeper theology or aedra/daedra divide, the Dumner are alien to everyone and everyone is alien to the Dumner, for their society and civilisation as much as their beliefs but there as well.

Which is why, as ive said before, i really think they ALMSIVI ought be a religion in a solely dumner group, Velothi would be a good name for it, and itd have the almsivi tribunal and its heresies and maybe a schismatic religion for the Ashlanders but maybe not depending on whether the mod is featuring them [as theyre hardly recognised nobility]. So that they would be alone and on their own as they ought to be.
But the point is, in game mechanics terms it doesnt make sense for them the share in one big religion group with all the daedrics.

Truth is the ALMSIVI really complicate matters by being ascended mortals. Your idea of a 'Velothi' group does has merit, but I'd still argue that ALMSIVI is a very, very, very wayward Daedric religion.

That said, the bolded sentences are wrong. Religion is about faith and gods. Culture is about community, society, and 'alieness.' This is doubly true in Tam'riel, where the divine is very active, very visible, and very direct. Why else would the very Nine Divines Empire allow open worship at Daedric Shrines? And an Imperial who converted could gain influence in Vvardenfell - there's a whole faction questline devoted to that!

This looks great im shocked how closely your following the lore. I was expecting most of it to be stuff you made up but your doing your research. Cant wait for this to come out.

Anyway to join the team my modding skills are limited but Id be happy to help in whatever way I can.

Any stuff from Elder Scrolls online lore going to make it in? Same time frame or close to it (2E) Will The Aldmeri Dominion, composed of Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit (represented by a bird of prey), the Daggerfall Covenant, composed of Bretons, Redguards and Orcs (represented by a lion) and the Ebonheart Pact, composed of Dunmer, Nords and Argonians (represented by a dragon) be in the mod?

Any stuff from Elder Scrolls online lore going to make it in? Same time frame or close to it (2E) Will The Aldmeri Dominion, composed of Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit (represented by a bird of prey), the Daggerfall Covenant, composed of Bretons, Redguards and Orcs (represented by a lion) and the Ebonheart Pact, composed of Dunmer, Nords and Argonians (represented by a dragon) be in the mod?
Elder scrolls online is not really considered Lore by the Elder Scroll Community. It has a Lore of its own that differ quite from the Lore of the ES games and stories. So in Short I hope not.

The mod should start in 2E 450, twenty years after the beginning of the Interregnum, while TESO should start in 2E 583, so i guess that they will not be in the initial release.

Elder scrolls online is not really considered Lore by the Elder Scroll Community. It has a Lore of its own that differ quite from the Lore of the ES games and stories. So in Short I hope not.

We fall into the (very large) part of the community that don't consider ESO canon. Anything other than additional place names or a few character names is unlikely to be included, the atrocious and completely insane faction system won't be making an appearance for example, during this time period the Orcs weren't exactly friends with the Redguards or Bretons, who destroyed Orsinium twice if I remember correctly during the 2nd era, then you've got the Argonians with the Dunmer? What is this, I don't even...

We fall into the (very large) part of the community that don't consider ESO canon. Anything other than additional place names or a few character names is unlikely to be included, the atrocious and completely insane faction system won't be making an appearance for example, during this time period the Orcs weren't exactly friends with the Redguards or Bretons, who destroyed Orsinium twice if I remember correctly during the 2nd era, then you've got the Argonians with the Dunmer? What is this, I don't even...
Thank you!;) I am part on the Shotn mod crew for Morrowind and I like the way this is going. I really look forward to playing this and see what you can get out of a very hard and extensive Lore world. If you would like some freedom you might wanna include some of the less described Island nations. On a side note how do you plan to circumvent the fact that there are no children in the Elder scroll series:rofl: Nah seriously this has the potential to become something great even though you will have to cut some corners and swallow some camels to get the game engine and the lore to match I for one can't wait to reclaim the Pyandonean Continent or maybe the elusive Island continent Tamriel North of Tamriel supposedly the birthplace of the Nord culture this mod has so much potential Here is a crude map with all the continents if you are interested http://nirn.wdfiles.com/local--files/maps/nirn_edz.jpg

Good to hear it

Hi mod team.
I just found this map and thought it might be of interest to you guys.
Don't know who made it or how accurate it was, but thought of you!

View attachment 62407

The map for this mod is pretty much done already, on the last couple pages there have been some pictures of it up and running

Hi mod team.
I just found this map and thought it might be of interest to you guys.
Don't know who made it or how accurate it was, but thought of you!

View attachment 62407

Thank you!;) I am part on the Shotn mod crew for Morrowind and I like the way this is going. I really look forward to playing this and see what you can get out of a very hard and extensive Lore world. If you would like some freedom you might wanna include some of the less described Island nations. On a side note how do you plan to circumvent the fact that there are no children in the Elder scroll series:rofl: Nah seriously this has the potential to become something great even though you will have to cut some corners and swallow some camels to get the game engine and the lore to match I for one can't wait to reclaim the Pyandonean Continent or maybe the elusive Island continent Tamriel North of Tamriel supposedly the birthplace of the Nord culture this mod has so much potential Here is a crude map with all the continents if you are interested http://nirn.wdfiles.com/local--files/maps/nirn_edz.jpg

The map for this mod is pretty much done already, on the last couple pages there have been some pictures of it up and running

As said, our map is pretty much complete for now. The alpha version currently includes Tamriel, some of the eastern islands (Roscrea, Cathnoquey), and Pyandonea, and will likely remain that way for the beta. Later expansions are a strong possibility further down the line :happy:

Will the lost city of Sutch in Cyrodill make an appearance? The city of Sancre Tor? How about other "retconned" stuff like Snowhawk in Skyrim, Jungles in Cyrodil etc etc.?

Will the lost city of Sutch in Cyrodill make an appearance? The city of Sancre Tor? How about other "retconned" stuff like Snowhawk in Skyrim, Jungles in Cyrodil etc etc.?

I'm not really sure what you mean by "make an appearance", I believe all of the locations you mentioned are included in some form, either as a barony, or county (or both). As for Cyrodiil, I guess we went for temperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.