• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Affenklaus

Captain
94 Badges
Aug 10, 2009
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 200k Club
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Description: This mod adds historical dynasty CoAs to the game.

The mod *should* be compatible to the DLC.

There are 42 new CoAs at the moment, I want to include more soon, though.
Dynasties in the mod:
0 - Wittelsbach
1 - Sulzbach
2 - Hohenzollern
3 - Salier
4 - Billunger
5 - Capet
6 - Habsburg
7 - Jimenez
8 - Babenberg
9 - Hauteville
10 - Premyslid
11 - Godwinson
12 - Wessex
13 - Gabras
14 - Dunkeld
15 - Wettin
16 - Askanier
17 - Savoyen
18 - Staufer
19 - Yperen
20 - Montefeltro
21 - Canossa
22 - Hohenlohe
23 - Doukas
24 - Komnenos
25 - Henneberg
26 - Andechs
27 - Mark
28 - Lechsgemünd
29 - Leiningen
30 - Limpurg
31 - Ortenburg
32 - Raabs
33 - Schweinfurt
34 - Trastámara
35 - Lara
36 - Mendoza
37 - Tudor
38 - Barcelona
39 - Valois
40 - Bourbon
41 - Medici

Dynasties in blue colour are in the official CoA-DLC as well.

Installation:
  1. Copy all files in the archive to your mod folder (usually in \Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii\mod).
  2. Start the game and activate Dynasty CoAs in the launcher's mod-panel.

Screenshots:
16b0ylj.jpg

2q0jep3.jpg

kedzkx.jpg

bfq1e0.jpg

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?abwn37pdfur4c2a
DLC-Version (Only adds dynasties which are not in the official DLC): http://www.mediafire.com/?prgibm9yn6du3f0
(Last version from 23.02.2012)

Last edited:
Did you ask the siteowner of Wappenwiki for permission for those of his shields you have used in this mod? Paradox has used them aswell I've noticed and it seems rather rude.

I'm personally waiting to hear from him if I can use his graphics for a total revamp of the Coat of Arms system in the game.

Check the common/dynasties.txt every dynasty where a coat_of_arms is defined is included in the dlc.

Thank you for this hint. Seems like there is some overlapping but the mod also contains CoAs not in the DLC and vice-versa.
Does anybody know what is loaded first - mods or DLCs - and which is overwriting which?
Loading DLCs first and thus mods overwriting DLC-content would probably be the most logical approach.

Did you ask the siteowner of Wappenwiki for permission for those of his shields you have used in this mod? Paradox has used them aswell I've noticed and it seems rather rude.

I'm personally waiting to hear from him if I can use his graphics for a total revamp of the Coat of Arms system in the game.

I only used some of the flags as guidlines to make my own and didn't just take them. Whenever I directly copied whole symbols (like the Fleur-de-Lys I used), I was paying attention to only take free-to-use pictures.

EDIT: I think I see what you meant. I used the Komnenos CoA from Flaggenwiki as a placeholder and eventually forgot to replace it. I uploaded a fixed version in the first post.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Thank you for this hint. Seems like there is some overlapping but the mod also contains CoAs not in the DLC and vice-versa.
Does anybody know what is loaded first - mods or DLCs - and which is overwriting which?
Loading DLCs first and thus mods overwriting DLC-content would probably be the most logical approach.

Thank you for pointing this out.

it loads DLC before MODs.

I marked all dynasties from my list that are in the DLC as well, according to the list in THIS post.

Thanks for that. Now I'm torn. I really like the DLC CoAs but it seems that using this mod would overwrite a lot of them. :( I'm all about adding more eye candy to a game I will spend hours staring at, so I encourage you to keep up your work. Is there any possibility of getting a pack of your CoAs that leaves out those from the DLC?

Is there any possibility of getting a pack of your CoAs that leaves out those from the DLC?

It seems like the CoAs added by the DLC are already referenced in the vanilla-files, so this should be an easy change.
I made a new version that should only change CoAs which are not in the DLC:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y7hcbm1sc4ca7a0

However I couldn't test it as I don't own the DLC, so in case you try this version, it would be nice to get some feedback. :)
If it works as intended I will add it to the opening post as well.

It seems like the CoAs added by the DLC are already referenced in the vanilla-files, so this should be an easy change.
I made a new version that should only change CoAs which are not in the DLC:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y7hcbm1sc4ca7a0

However I couldn't test it as I don't own the DLC, so in case you try this version, it would be nice to get some feedback. :)
If it works as intended I will add it to the opening post as well.

I'll give it a whirl. I just have to figure out how to find the right families in the game. :) I'm not sure of the easiest way to do this.

I don't see an option to load the mod called 'Dynasty CoAs + DLC'; I only see 'Dynasty CoAs'. Do you think it has something to do with the plus sign? I don't know about modding or I'd change the name of it.

Added more German dynasties.

I don't see an option to load the mod called 'Dynasty CoAs + DLC'; I only see 'Dynasty CoAs'. Do you think it has something to do with the plus sign? I don't know about modding or I'd change the name of it.

I didn't change the name of the mod itself, so 'Dynasty CoAs' should be the right one.

After downloading your second link I had two mod folders and mod names: ''Dynasty CoAs' and 'Dynasty CoAs + DLC'. I made it easy on myself and changed ''Dynasty CoAs + DLC'.mod' to read 'path = "mod/Dynasty CoAs + DLC"'. Your attempt to avoid overwriting DLC CoAs seems to have worked, if my test using the 'of Godwin' dynasty holds true. It used the DLC CoA except in the case where I loaded your original mod. So now, as long as you keep a non-overwriting version available everyone can be happy (or at least I can, and that's really matters, right?). :)

EDIT: Your new German dynasties can only be used if we overwrite the DLC load, correct?

Your attempt to avoid overwriting DLC CoAs seems to have worked, if my test using the 'of Godwin' dynasty holds true. It used the DLC CoA except in the case where I loaded your original mod. So now, as long as you keep a non-overwriting version available everyone can be happy (or at least I can, and that's really matters, right?). :)

Thank you very much for testing.

EDIT: Your new German dynasties can only be used if we overwrite the DLC load, correct?

I added a second link to the first post now, this version contains all CoAs I did so far but doesn't overwrite the DLC. :)

The dog heraldry for di Canossa needs to be a little smaller the top and bottom of the dog is cut off a bit. Otherwise a very good mod your heraldry is just as good as the dlc heraldry.

Last edited: