• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nivve

General
14 Badges
May 7, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Shattered world-like mod with dynamic creation of de jure duchies. Every county starts independent and has the ability to generate empires based on the county name. There is no need to experience weird situations with titular duchies or being restricted to only duchy names. Additionally the AI is more likely to make new duchies/kingdoms/empires instead of existing ones.

INTRO
CK2+ presented some nice additions to the game for flavour and the Titular Title Generator supplied the possibility of shattering the world randomly. However the AI is not so fond of the new titles, which is the primary reason I started on this mod. Additionally I wanted the new titles to become de jure the instant they were created, not permanently staying a titular title. Changing de jure lieges of counties is normally not possible due to hardcoded stuff, but I made an elaborate workaround to make it possible in my mod. It uses province modifiers and that keeps track of which county belongs to which de jure liege. As far as I know I am the only one that even tried to make creatable de jure duchies. The mod is perfectly playable in multiplayer and the AI starts conquering in only a few months of game time due to my penalty/bonus system.
This mod was specifically made for the map of CK2+, since I manually put all counties under one super duchy/kingdom. However I have made a version that should be compatible with vanilla.
--------------------
CREDITS:
Integrated/adapted mods:
- yclept's Founder of the Republic mini-mod

Special thanks to
- Measter for all his valuable help and of course his title generator
- Wiz (and all other contributors to CK2+) and his CK2+ mod
- JonStryker for his help on de jure titles.
- Emre Yigit for his help on the casus belli(s)
- Additionally thanks to Gladdig_kaga, for his (now cancelled) New World mod influenced how I made part of this mod and therefore I want to mention also him here.
--------------------

FEATURES
- Shattered World: Every county starts independent
- Adds the ability of new de jure duchies to be formed from any county and consequently new kingdoms/empires based on them. AI also creates the new duchies when they fulfill any of the requirements.
- New casus bellis and a bonus/penalty system make the world dynamic from the first year, instead of endless waiting for something somewhere to happen.
- Become a republic as a feudal duke (integrated from: 'Founder of the Republic', by yclept)
- Revamped the vanilla holding mechanic. It is now not possible to buy holdings, you earn them with peace (for now, WIP)

Important notes:
- The vanilla casus bellis are mostly disabled due to them interfering with duchy creation. As a rule-of-thumb; Enable the casus bellis after the year 920 and when at least three kingdoms have formed.
- yclepts mini-mod is integrated so that after you create a duchy you can transform into a republic. Your capital must neighbour the ocean to become a republic.
- Every province starts independent by default. You can use the title generator (see credits) to create your own starting situation. See the readme for more info on how to do this.

CK2 version: 2.1.3
DLC required: none
The 867 start requires the old gods dlc.

DOWNLOAD lite version:(Everything not 'core competence' ripped out)
- Dynamic Duchies lite 1.06: download link --checksum: PKMF-- (1.05)

DOWNLOAD vanilla version:
- Dynamic Duchies 1066 start v4.07: download link --checksum: FXUT-- (4.06)
- Dynamic Duchies 867 start v4.07: download link --checksum: JNAA-- (4.06)

(Separate versions for now as I cannot get a merged version to stop crashing on the 1066 bookmark)

DOWNLOAD CK2+ version: CK2 patch 2.0.4!!!
- CK2+ v2.07.2: Required CK2+ files (CK2+ forum thread)
- Dynamic Duchies v3.01: download link

-----------------------
FAQ & ISSUE LIST
1. Why cannot I create a new title after conquering a third county? The AI is creating duchies all around me.
Two causes:
- Your notification settings are turned off. Enable them in message settings.
- The title was skipped during generation and lacks the title.
To check which of these is the case:
Go to the right bottom of the screen in-game and click 'find title'.
Search for the duchy you are supposed to create.
If it exists, go to it and hover over the create button to see why you cannot create it. (if you can create it, your notification settings are turned off for titles)
If it doesn't exist the title is missing. Inform me what version you were playing, your checksum and what title you wanted to create. Also mention the other two counties you managed to acquire, just to be sure.
2. Why cannot I create a new title after conquering a third county? The AI also has the same issue.
This can be due to several reasons:
- You didn't install the KA- portion of the mod. This one includes the new titles.
- You installed the mod in the game directory instead of the documents directory.
Check your checksum and compare it to the one mentioned next to the download link. If it is a mismatch the mod files are different from a fresh install. Download the mod and extract the two .mod files and the two folder with the same name to the documents mod folder here: C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod. This issue can also happen when the mod is actually correctly installed, due to for example other folders/mods in the mod folder. So on a fresh install, remove all other mods/files from the directory (just back them up somewhere else).
If the checksum matches and you experience this issue, post your version and issue in a reply.
3. All duchies disappear when loading a saved game, this also invalidates the King Ambition cb.
This is due to the workaround I use and will not change. Duchies are hardcoded in ck2; they can actually change and all the commands work, but the savegame doesn't store duchy information as it assumes they do not change. Hence on loading a game the duchies are reverted back to the original set-up. I have an event system that manages all the de jure lieges (the modifiers are part of that system), but it will only kick in after a few days. So wait a few days and all the duchies are restored.
Some casus bellis can invalidate due to the duchies being reset. I am still trying to fix them all so they do not invalidate, please make a reply with the version you have and what cb is invalidating on loading a game. Then I will make sure it's fixed in a next version. A savegame is also handy for debugging purposes.

Issue-list
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DD-AND/discussions/0/540734792751362555/
[/spoiler]
----------

CHANGELOG:
- Compatched with 2.1.3
- Holding creation decision should now appear correctly.
- Fixed: Indian unrest in on_actions
- Fixed: wrong compatch of defines.lua
- Added the settlement decisions to recognize your marshal (castle holding) or steward (temple/city holding). This way you're able to choose the province it gets build.
If the province selected does not adhere to the requirements, a random province is picked.
- Removed double modifier for buhairya (the county is listed twice in the vanilla landed_titles.txt file).
- Compatched some files more thoroughly.
- Fixed religious cb not reachable for rebels.
- Fixed: Gottingen's second holding is now a city.
- Disabled pope/patriarch return decisions.
- Moron that I am, I reintroduced islands not getting de jure. This is now fixed.
- Fixed: Seljuks appearing after 960
- The lite version now also has the missing titles added and the island de jure issue fixed.
- Adjusted the settlement decision. Building holdings should now be possible (will change how it works later with steward's/chaplain's/marshal's location)
- Fixed a bunch of provinces not able to form a duchy/kingdom/empire
Hellas, Kexholm, Dorostotum, el rif, el arish, galatia, gilan, ikonion, karnten, kirkuk, kola, laodikeia, lettigaliens, luristan,
lut, lykia, minsk, nikomedeia, pressburg, pronsk, qom, salamanca, satakunta, shiraz, sinope, tavasts, ural, zaragoza.
- Duchy of Sennar should now be correctly named.
- Made the tutorial/startup event a notification.
- Fixed: End date is back to 9999. After compatching it mistakenly was moved back tot he normal 1453 end date.
- Fixed: Titles were 200 gold again after compatching due to an extra defines entry. It is now back to 100.
- Updated to the 2.1.1 compatible version of the Founder of the Republic decision (also for the AI decision)
- Added a WIP tutorial event/decision
- Fixed islands not being de jure allocated. It was a fault in the script for the generator, the relevant script (under info/titlegene/gains) has been updated accordingly.
- Adapted the pagan holy war cb to the same non-invalid set-up as the normal holy war.
- Casus belli reminder now doesn't fire at start for the 1066 bookmark
- Settlement system should now be more active, the decision was way to strict.
- Castle construction now costs more (as it assumes the province has no money due to war)
- Fixed Kambampet having only one holding (chagai, bori and kalat are vanilla)
- Fixed a bunch of provinces having more than 2 holdings
Narbonne
Forez
Furstenberg
Altmark
Benevento
Sacz
Oleshye
- Fixed chalon having no character
- Another new KA generation for validator and debugging purposes
- Settlement decisions/events now have localisations
- All holdings now start with 2 holdings; a castle capital and a city. (there may be some that got missed, please report them)
- Made a reminder event to enable the casus bellis.
- AIs now also create theocracies aside from republics.
4.00 (vanilla)
- Vanilla: Compatible with CK2 v2.1
- Updated KA title set-up:
-- All characters start married to prevent early alliances
-- Non-consequence code cleaning
-- The tooltip now doesn't mention the 'k_europa becomes the new liege' statement. This was only there for the maintenance event, but that is now hidden.
- Allowed a bunch of claim casus bellis and the excommunication cb, outside of the 'enable casus bellis' decision.
- Removed some narrative events
- Implemented a settlement system.
- Republics get two buildings and a vassal opinion boost when founding the republic.
- vanilla: Fixed bookmark localisation
3.01 (vanilla)
- Compatible with ck2plus 2.07.2
- The allocation system now only allocates to other provinces of the same religion!
- Updated the Founder of the Republic integrated mini-mod and changed it to have only the coastal requirement left. The decision will disappear when you have a second duchy.
- The AI now has a decision to create a republic when founding a duchy (the ai must have stewardship 12 to do this).
- Validated all relevant mod files for errors (large amount of small fixes).
- Fixed king ambition cb becoming invalid when loading a game.
- vanilla: Holy wars don't invalidate anymore. It uses workarounds, so please report any unexpected behaviour.
3.00 (ck2plus -ck2plus;devbuild 5-, vanilla)
- Compatible with ck2plus 2.07.1 devbuild 5
- Adapted the Additional Titular Titles which is now in base ck2plus, so they should be compatible.
- Added yclepts 'Founder of the Republic' minimod (you can take this decision when becoming a duke).
- Updated the readme to mention cb changes when the titular generator is used with differing duchy/kingdom requirements.
- Canarias now also gets the isolation modifier
- Changed event modifier icons
- Penalty/advantage are only applied when the ruler is not at war.

2.99 (ck2plus-devbuild 1-, vanilla)
- Fixed redetermine lieges event not working for rebelling vassals
- Hid the redetermine lieges event
- Fixed allocation event not allocating islands correctly.
- Fixed two-county islands unable to form duchies.
- Removed some narrative events that fire on startup
- Hid the advantage event
2.98 (ck2plus 2.07.0Dev Build 10, vanilla)
- Compatible with ck2plus 2.07.1
- compatible with ck2plus 2.07.0 devbuild10
- re-enabled some de jure conquests
- Added description the the 'enable casus bellis' decision to explain when the decision could (or should) be used.
- compatible with ck2plus 2.07.0 devbuild3
- Fixed: The duke/king ambition casus bellis now are invalid when the attacker has 3 counties/duchies
- Renamed casus bellis to 'Duke ambition' and 'King ambition' to distinguish them from normal conquests.
- Implemented decision icons for enable/disable casus belli decision
- Allocation system starts in year 910 instead of 890
- (vanilla) Fixed island dukes casus belli (shetland, fareyar, iceland)
- ck2plus: devbuild42
- Fixed: ctd on kingdom mapmode (not savegame compatible)
- Fixed: bookmark localisation ck2plus version
- Redetermine lieges now fires faster after loading a game
- Fixed: Broken decisions (decisions named 'allow'/'effect') in ck2plus version
- Removed 1066 bookmark. This due to titlegen and compatibility reasons.
- Fixed the automatic redetermine event. It fired only for the player.
- Fixed the redetermine event not incorporating republic/theocratic vassals in some situations.
- Removed the redetermine lieges decision.
- Changed event pictures to match their purpose.
- Fixed the redetermine lieges event firing hundreds of events upon loading a game.
- Replaced the namespaces with allocated id ranges to prevent future incompatibilities
- Removed the startup decision
- Fixed the Shia uprising event so it doesn't create k_europa
- Compatiblity with ck2plus 2.06.3 devbuild 34
- Concentrated the localisation files
- Removed mongols from appearing
- Made redetermining lieges automatic (No more choosing decisions when starting or loading a game!!!!)
2.91 (ck2plus, vanilla)
- Fixed SoA causing a crash on loading a savegame
- Startup decision now fires automatically. The decision is still present just in case.
- (vanilla) Removed the still present two county exception from all new titles
- (vanilla) Added the two county exception for crete/cyprus/iceland
- (ck2plus) Included hotfix for crete/cyprus duchies
- (ck2plus) Fixed limisol not able to create a two-county duchy
- (ck2plus) updated island casus belli for the new iceland provinces.
- (TTG) Changed the titlegen files so new generations will not cause a crash under SoA
2.90 (ck2plus, vanilla)
- Compatible with CKII patch 2.0.3
- Introduced the 1066 bookmark and removed all irrelevant bookmarks
- Removed the c_zeeland coat of arms as vanilla has a new correct one.
CK2plus version
- Updated ck2+ version to ck2+ 2.06.3
- Removed all titular titles (appr. 20) interfering with new titles. So for example the duchy of Hellas is now correctly creatable.
- Fixed CK2+ Set Lieges decision
- Integrated the hotfix
2.80b (Vanilla)
- Fixed vanilla Set Lieges decision
HOTFIX 1 (link)
- Fixed: Allocation event firing for provinces that have no eligible neighbouring province, causing them to lose their noliege modifier and not gaining a de jure liege modifier. Hence remaining liegeless.
2.80a (CK2+)
- Fixed: Papal and byzantine recovery events popping up again.
- Finished integration 2.0(.1) fixes
- CK2 version compatible with 2.05.0
- Fixed decisions; missing bracket at the end of extended decisions. (doesn't fix the bogus decisions with the ck2+ version though)
- Reimplemented oldgods_various_events.txt. Fixed the blank event issue this file caused, so it could be added back.
2.75 (Vanilla, CK2+, CK2+ 2.03.1)
- Removed user dir from .mod file
- Fixed: Counties with a liege now get allocated when they don't have a de jure liege
- Include hotfixes 2.73
- Fixed: Dukes able to keep conquesting after they created 3 titles (forgot to change this after I lowered the reqs to 3 duchies)
2.73 HOTFIXES
1. Fixed: Isolation modifier not firing for islands.
2. Fixed: Player not being degraded to a count tier when starting as a republic.
- Adjusted the duke casus belli. You now have to own a neighbouring de jure duchy (or conquered one of the enemy's duchy provinces) to start conquering another duchy.
- Fix republics starting with multiple counties.
- Removed high priority from the 'redetermine de jure lieges' decision.
- Fix: Byzantium popping up again after some time.
- Make Iceland able to attack further as shetland and fareyar can.
- Removed mtth from isolation modifier (no use for it anymore)
- Fixed the determination of lieges and the allocation event for vanilla.
- Moved the Byzantium empire and the papacy to barony level.
- Make it possible for two-province islands to form two-county duchies.
- Vanilla version
- Add localisation for the allocation system events (note: since the duke is determined later on, I can't localise the duke in the event for the allocated province's count)
- Remove the isolation modifier for non-islands (allocation makes this not necessary).
- Fixed: Pagans only getting bonuses and no penalties.
- Added some localisation in events to clearly mention the province that is affected.
- Included a random event to clean up remaining duchies after the year 890
(related: altered date from which two-county duchies are allowed to 910)
- The mod now mentions the name of the province in the event, when a neighbouring province gets a penalty.
- The startup decision is also activated in the player advantage event when the startup decision is not taken immediately (so forgetting the startup event is not so bad now)
- Fixed: Isolation event triggers multiple times.

2.64a
- Fixed 8 duchies not keeping their de jure vassals in the vanilla version (Domazlice, praha, boleslav, litomerice, plzen, hradec, olomouc, brno). They now correctly generate modifiers to let the 'redetermine de jure lieges' decision track them.
Not savegame compatible for these duchies (the modifiers are only generated on creation of the title).
- Hotfix 1.a included
- Cleaned up the cb of unnecessary prerequisitions.
- Iceland (duchy of vetisland or austisland) can now use the island duke casus belli
- Move the papacy and byzantium to barony level
- Adapted the startup event to remove all additional republic duchies.
- Adapted the title generator ruleset. Now republics are correctly playable.
- The new ruleset should have fixed crashing when creating a new starting situation.
(Default starting situation has theocracies allocated at random, just as new republics)
2.63a
- hotfix 1.a. Duke cb is now unavailable for dukes with a newly created king.
- Repaired the Duke cb
- Fixed: The dukes on sole island now have a working casus belli to attack two provinces away.
- Have a different flag for europa, as it was the same as Celle's flag.
- Duke cb now has a truce of just 400 days
- Enabled vanilla casus bellis when both defender and attacker are king. If it works correctly I will use it for more situations.
- All fixes of 2.61b only reverted back to CK2+ v 2.03.1 due to crashes
- Fixed the independent condition of the duke cb.
2.61b
- Islands have a different casus belli to enable them to attack across two sea provinces.
- The duke casus belli has been disabled for duchies with a liege.
- Added tooltips for the casus belli decisions.
- Fixed: The bonus modifier will now only be given to other rulers, not the same as the penalty.
- Fixed: Sahel and Romuva now correctly get the pagan penalty.
- The isolated modifier now only applies for +/-20 years instead of indefinitely.
- Isolation modifier mtth decreased to 20 months.
- Compatible with ck2+ and the better armies version of ck2+.
- Vanilla compatible version
- fixed player advantage not being assigned to other players
- fixed player advantage levy bonus not applying
- slavic pagans also get the extra penalty due to their defensive bonus
- offer to join war will be possible for the count cb
- fixed the duke casus belli becoming inconlusive when attacking overseas
- Separate modifier for finnish pagans in the penalty/bonus system. This due to their defensive (garrison) bonuses mitigating the penalty.
- re-add crusade event completely (was partially)
- remove dublin from the start
- Casus belli (count) is now unable to accept assistence
- Garrison size penalty has been included in the penalty modifier. This to stimulate poor regions in conquest (garrisons were higher than levies due to the defensive faith property)
- Penalty and bonus now have the same duration (700)
- Penalty/bonus system does not initiate when the neighboring bonus receiving province is of the same realm
- Penalty system will fire more frequently after 890
- The player advantage event now correctly fires at start of a new game only and now disappears around 900 (33 years)
- Isolated advantage is now less powerful (less levies, little more tax)
2.52c
- Cleaned up the description and tooltip of the casus belli decision.
- Made the casus belli for attacking overseas (available for duchy only)
- Included an altered CK2+ file in my mod to prevent the empty event at start
2.52b
- Removed titular titles, mostly kingdoms. These prevented the new titles to pop-up.
- Compatible with CK2+ 2.03.1.
- Uses generator 2.0.7 which fixes the unavailable titles.
- Adapted the landed_titles file so the mods landed_titles file now has the same order as CK2+/Vanilla.
- Removed the europe-spanning empire while I was updating the landed_tiles file.
- The starting republic (was Vienne, after the order change Holland) is removed manually from the KA mod folder, which makes the title creatable again.
- Extended the random system to year 950.
- Removed high priority tag of revokation of the casus belli decision.
- Removed the possibility of calling allies for the specific count/count casus belli.
2.51 (link)
- Compatible with CK2 1.11
- Compatible with CK2+ 2.03.00. I even fixed the crusade casus belli from ck2+, missed a bracket.
- Added (tribal) invasion/other claim to the (temporarily) disabled casus bellis
- Compatible with CK2+ 2.02.0 alpha
- split the advantages in a separate advantage for the player and one for the AI (part of the bonus/penalty system).
- Only the independent provinces version will be released from now on. To make your own realms simply delete the KA files and use the generator as mentioned in the readme.
- Fixed 'Win a war' ambition not working with the new casus bellis
- Removed 'claim all' casus belli from the game until the casus belli decision is taken
- two county realms will also have a (lower) chance of getting a penalty
- Fixed only one player getting the advantage at game start
- Instead of making casus bellis drop in the game by year, I have made it a decision. This way I don't have to test multiple observation games of multiple hours. That aside people can choose when they activate them. (I recommend waiting for all or most of the duchies to form, the kingdoms are less important). It's reversible to prevent mistakes.
- Restoring the papacy and byzantium casus bellis are also offline until the decision to enable them has been initiated.
- Removing other titular titles has failed. For completely unknown reasons the removal of these titles causes an event without options to pop-up. I have no clue about why that happens... so this version still includes some titular titles which can pop-up in some places.
- Duke casus belli now should only give you the targets duke title when he has only single county left. There was a mistake making this possible with any number of county titles.
- Claims can only be used in a casus belli from the year 920 onwards. This to prevent counties from getting a liege before they are part of a de jure duchy
- Changed the date requirement for holy war and (vanilla) conquests also to 920.
- Fixed penalties being given to counties with a bonus and vice versa. Also fixed a syntax error in the same event.
- Included a notification for the player when a neigbour gets a penalty (the ai neighbours always instantly react...). This notification does not show when the province is of no use to the player.
- Changed the benefits. Now the player gets benefits to protect him against the brutal rivalry at the start.
- Included a working randomness mechanic. Now random counties can get 'population' shifts which decreases its levies, while a random neighbo(u)r will get more levies due to these 'population shifts'. AIs now succesfully declare war on weaker neighbo(u)rs, even when they only have one county. As I did with the casus belli, this is specifically to increase duchy formation; so counties which cannot create a new duchy with the weaker province will not be able to get the bonus.
- Introduced random province benefits for counts to kickstart conquests even when completely independent. Rulers with two counties and players will have more chance of this happening.
- Significantly shortened the tooltip on creation of a duchy
- Made compatible with CK2plus 2.01.4 (credit to Wiz) and the relevant CV fixes (2.01.4 v1, credit to CeasarVincens). Changed the fix download link accordingly.
- Fixed missing brackets in decisions (for some reason it didn't lead to bugs...)
- simply a combined version of 2.1 and its fixes.
2.1c
- Added better coat of arms for zeeland and sticht.
- Changed the casus belli for duchies. When you have only one county left as a duke, the attacker only usurps the duchy title instead of only the county title. In this way you can keep playing after you lose the first brutal years in the creation of kingdoms.
- Added in the possibility to make a duchy of only two provinces when the year 890 has passed.
2.1b
- Fixed duchy casus belli being inconclusive
- Isolated now gives 66% increase in levies and not 150%
- Compatible with fix version 6 for ck2+ ( credit for the fixis go to CV and Tinis)
- Casus bellis improved.
Restrictions removed. Formerly one couldn't do the conquest when the target was already in a war with the same casus belli. In my test game it was full chaos, even in regions with only one province realms.
Truce reduced to 3 years for duchies
Fix for the duchy casus belli. Wars could be inconclusive instantly when the county was a vassal of the target.
- The normal casus bellis holy_war and county_conquest are now only available after the year 900. This to prevent the casus bellis from interfering with counts trying to make a duchy.
- The isolated modifier now gives a levy size of 150%. This to give the duchies some more punch and worth.
- Dukes now take counts vassal when they wage war with the new duke vs duke casus belli.
1.9b
- Fixed primary duchies not becoming the de jure vassal of the new kingdom.
- Fixed isolated duchies not becoming de jure (did not include the updated defaultgains.txt files for the last version)
- Fixed casus belli for dukes not firing. Dukes can conquer provinces belonging de jure to a neighbouring duke.
- Created an event for isolated counties. The required counties for duchy creation is dropped when a county is positioned between already formed duchies.
- Created a casus belli for counts and dukes. They can attack another ruler of the same tier to speed up duchy creation for mainland europe.
- optimised the startup decision. Now they will not both show up, so the startup decision for new games disappears after use and the decision for loaded games shows up after the first event has been taken.
- Startup decision now destroys the europa duchy when it is allocated in the generator.
- When creating a duchy, only provinces bordering other provinces in the realm will gain the de jure liege
(this to prevent counties a continent away from joinging the same duchy. Will be refined in the future)
- Fixed a bug where a duchy created under a de jure kingdom will still get k_europa as the new de jure liege. Now it will stay the newly formed kingdom.
- Made the two decisions only available when they should. Startup decision will be available at the start while redetermining lieges will be available the rest of the game.
- Removed titular duchies so they will be recreated by the title generator.
- The default version now makes only the primary titles de jure (when making kingdoms/empires, not duchies). defaultgains2.txt will make everything de jure.
- Removed the ability of the AI to choose the negative option when restoring lieges.
- Possibly fixed ck2 events losing their description.
- Introduced standard modifiers to prevent duchies becoming de jure liege of counties which already have acquired a de jure liege. A decision when starting a new game must be chosen to make this happen.
- Changed the allows file of the title creator to make titles creatable only when possessing a county without a de jure liege.
- Created a version with an equal cost of creation/claiming of a title (200).
- Introduced modifiers which track the de jure lieges. A decision at the start of the game will restore all acquired de jure lieges. This has to be done everytime the game starts due to CK2 normally not saving de jure lieges of duchies.
- Addition of altered gains file for the Titular title generator. Makes counties become de jure vassals of the created duchies.
- Normalised the cost of de jure titles (claims). Claims are back to normal cost, only creation of new (titular) titles is cheaper.
- Renamed burgundy and dauphiné to europa. Changed colour.
- Removed faulty references in the mod file.
- Cost of title creation is halved.
- Titular titles costs are now the same as cost of claiming any other title.
- Deleted de jure titles from the CK2+ title files
----------

SCREENSHOT(S):
The independent realms in the year 900. 'provinces' version (version v2.42)
02E1876B51F1F5BD97B583106576A0143E56253B

The de jure duchies in the year 900. 'provinces' version (version v2.42)
B361969BD7BD60B7F6BC73A73FDE5E7C38022C27

Last edited:
I now uploaded version 1.6, which I am currently playing with my brother. There are still some things to fix, but the basics of the game are now working. Aside from a few theocratic duchies (which are unplayable anyway), all new duchies are restored correctly after a load game with the decision.

It is a lot of fun finally seeing really new duchies and kingdoms pup-up instead of the same duchies/kingdoms all over again. Even with existing 'shattered world' mods you still were limited to the existing duchies to base a new kingdom on, now that limit is gone.

Last edited:
So that just removes every de jure thing so I could start the world anew? Like in New World, Dawn of Empires?Do I need to get Ck2+ for it to work?

1. The New World mod is in essence also based on the titular title creator, so yes it is similar in scenario. The main difference is that afaik in the New World you have to make a kingdom based on an existing de jure duchy (so the 'Kingdom of Zeeland' could never be created), while with my mod all possible counties can become a kingdom/empire. This is already possible with just the titular title creator, but then you have to work with titular duchy titles instead of landed titles. So if you don't really need the dynamic duchies as I have them, you can simply only take the titular title creator (link in my sig).

You can easily pick the same settings to recreate the starting positions of the New World (with only single province realms), however I think that would be a little bit boring for now. Note that the New World mod has an elaborate horde system that makes it different and works better when all provinces are independent. I am working on a casus belli myself to make duchies form faster, but even then I would recommend around 600 realms and pick a two province realm (essentially, instead of the army advantage you get in the New World, you would have a province advantage).

2. For now you do need CK2+ for this to work.
I have manually altered the landed_text file of CK2+ to create the world-spanning duchy/empire and thus when the map is different my altered landed_titles file will conflict with the provinces existing in the map (missing titles mostly, I think).
(You could simply alter the landed_titles file of the mod you want to play it with and replace my file with that one to make it compatible. The rest should be compatible with anything.)

Edit: I uploaded version 1.7, which fixed a nasty possible bug; europa would be the de jure liege of duchies even on usurping/claiming them when they are already created. This could have lead to newly created de jure kingdoms losing their de jure vassals.
The next fixes will probably be:
- Europe existing (FIXED v1.8: save game compatible)
- neighbor requirement for counties to become de jure part of a duchy (FIXED v1.8: will not be savegame compatible)
- the casus belli to speed up duchies forming. I will probably make duchies also able to attack other duchies. (savegame compatible).

Last edited:
further updated to 1.8
Now all known bugs are solved.

My priority now is:
- a casus belli for all counts with no de jure duchy (savegame compatible)
- an event for isolated counties surrounded by de jure duchies (FIXED for v1.9. not savegame compatible)
- Making distance requirements, aside from neighbour requirements. In this way small distances past straights/rivers do not hinder duchy creation. (not savegame compatible)

Last edited:
Your mod is really fun to play, but could you add something to stop new duchies from stealing old duchies counties (not Europa), or not having duchies slit up? And maybe you could add renaming duchies.

Your mod is really fun to play, but could you add something to stop new duchies from stealing old duchies counties (not Europa), or not having duchies slit up? And maybe you could add renaming duchies.
- Can you elaborate on 'stealing old duchy counties'? If you mean stealing counties from already formed new duchies, that should be impossible since a previous version. If that is still present I would have to look at the gain effects again. Off the top of my head counties can be used to create new duchies (with the num_of_county_titles), but will only become de jure part of it when they have no new duchy yet set for them (when they have the 'no de jure liege determined' modifier).
- If you mean 'split up'; I have fixed it in version 1.8. Only provinces bordering other realm provinces will be incorperated in the de jure duchy to prevent de jure duchies from being made up of non-adjacent coutnies.

I am not currently planning on making renaming possible. If everything is fixed and implemented the way I want it (especially the casus belli and optimisation of the aforementioned neighbor requirement), I could take a look at it to see what options there are.
In what way would you want to rename duchies? Culture-based, religion-based, manual renaming? Manual is a lot of work, but can easily be done by yourself for a single duchy/kingdom/empire.
(simply change the text in the katitnames.csv file (mod/KA for multiple mods/localisation) and change the text in column B to what you want it to be)

EDIT:
- I finished the casus belli for counties to speed up duchy formation. I also made a casus belli for dukes to speed up kingdom formation. Counties have a timer of 5 years and duchies of 10 years. This means that this casus belli can be used only once in this period.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make dukes be able to create new duchies? Because, dukes expand fast and then they get i nice amount of land, but not enough duchies to make a kingdon, andthe duchies are created far from each other, so when the form kingdons, the de jure set up is all messed up.

(1.) Is there a way to make dukes be able to create new duchies? Because, dukes expand fast and then they get i nice amount of land, but not enough duchies to make a kingdon, and (2.)the duchies are created far from each other, so when the form kingdons, the de jure set up is all messed up.
1. This has two reasons why it is like this.
First of all it is very hard to make a code to let dukes do this. This would mean a progressive 'num_of_count_titles' code, since this piece of code (afaik) cannot be limited in a way that it counts only new pieces of land and excludes already used counties. This would also be very hard to implement without counting provinces not neighboring eachother (so if a duchy spreads in multiple direction the new duchy will be split over distant provinces). It may be possible but it is a lot of work for a minor thing.
The second reason is that I actually like it better like this. The duchies are formed pretty quickly (especially with the new casus belli) and only steamrollers would be able to use this. This will mean that a slightly larger region at start will always get their kingdom/empire first due to continues steamrolling and forming duchies. So without this ability the fast steamrollers actually have a disadvantage compared to duchies starting small or taking it 'easy'. So this will actually stimulate diplomatic behaviour and the development of your provinces.
A related point is the creation of duchies by counts which have a de jure duke. If one count conquers two additional provinces he still cannot make a duchy (CK2 doesn't like people creating a title of the same rank as their liege). I will see whether I can make an event that makes this possible (making them independent when they can meet the requirements for a new duchy).

2. The creation of kingdoms is mostly unaltered. I however created a (possibly not-working, will check) casus belli also for dukes, which will stimulate conquest of neighbouring duchies (only duchies which do not have a de jure liege). In this way I tried to limit the formation of split kingdoms by stimulating conquest of neighbouring duchies. However through inheritance or holy war this is still possible and will always be. Remember that this is also the case in vanilla with de jure drift. If you have a titular title, even non-adjecent regions will eventually be de jure vassals of the kingdom.
The default gains effects in my mod will only make the primary duchy de jure instantly under a new kingdom. The rest will be de jure over time through de jure drift, just as in vanilla.

Edit: Included a screenshot of the latest version (v1.9) in the year 880 after observation (no player influence).
The only errors I could easily see was the casus belli for dukes, which doesn't work for some reason, and the isolated duchies staying titular. Both will be fixed in 1.9b.

Last edited:
Just uploaded version 2.1
If no surprises pop-up this will be the last version for the rest of the week. This version will create de jure duchies very quickly and few gaps will remain in the map, so it is very stable and works. I will test it with my brother and will update it accordingly next week. Any future updates will be savegame compatible (except when major bugs can only be fixed without compatibility).

Edit:
In a few hour game with my brother I determined that the casus bellis make the game very brutal. There is no way of ensuring at start that you have an advantage. So if you choose a multiple province county at start, when you make a duchy you will simply skip the county fighting, while after a few years you can be outnumbered immensily when multiple neighbouring duchies use the casus belli on you.
I will see how it goes, but it is at least much more fun than the Blobbing countries steamrolling you in a vanilla game.

Edit2:
Edited the casus belli so the challanging start can be survived as a duchy (when you lose as a duke you keep the county and become the vassal of the conquering duke).
Added coat of arms for zeeland and sticht. Zeeland because I was annoyed by the sheer non-similarity with the correct coa. For Sticht mainly because I was already on it and liked the new one better :p
Added in the ability for a two-province duchy when the year is past 890. This is not the most excellent work of programming, but this simple fix should do the job of closing any gaps left (in combination with the events for isolated counties)

Last edited:
How do you get the game to show your dutchy and other dutchies as having their own de jure?

I simply created a europe-wide de jure duchy (just as other mods do with kingdoms), then I have specific creation effects which make the counties in possession of the title creator become de jure vassal of a newly created duchy based on the primary count title. I then use modifiers to make the new situation carried over after savegames, as ck2 does not save de jure changes in de jure duchies. It's pretty elaborate, but the only thing to make it work is that the player enables a decision when starting a game (new or loaded).
To make the duchies somewhat more neat I have additional gain effects on title creation and some casus bellis to speed up the duchy/kingdom creation process.

I simply created a europe-wide de jure duchy (just as other mods do with kingdoms), then I have specific creation effects which make the counties in possession of the title creator become de jure vassal of a newly created duchy based on the primary count title. I then use modifiers to make the new situation carried over after savegames, as ck2 does not save de jure changes in de jure duchies. It's pretty elaborate, but the only thing to make it work is that the player enables a decision when starting a game (new or loaded).
To make the duchies somewhat more neat I have additional gain effects on title creation and some casus bellis to speed up the duchy/kingdom creation process.
Ok thanks,
Kinda disappointed though tried to make a cool dutchy name like Hellas or Zeta but it wouldn't let me would I have to create a certain flag and add whatever else into the game?

Ok thanks,
Kinda disappointed though tried to make a cool dutchy name like Hellas or Zeta but it wouldn't let me would I have to create a certain flag and add whatever else into the game?

In theory the only change you have to make is in the localisation files. Simply change 'd_holland; Holland' in 'd_Holland; Rhineland'. The same as you would do it with any other mod.

Make sure you do it in the 'KA for multiple mods' localisation files. The titlegenerator makes the duchies and the localisations for them. It should be possible to change it in CK2+, but it will only show up if you run the titlegenerator afterwards. OTherwise the already created KA localisation file will simply replace the changed files.

If say you change the localisation for c_holland, make sure you also change it for the duchy/kingdom/empire. Otherwise you'll be disappointed when your empire suddenly is still named Empire of Holland.

Edit: Note that changing names is something I have not touched, just the de jure situations of duchies. If renaming is possible somewhere else, it is also possible in my mod.

Edit 2:
Of course adding titles will also work. Just make a localisation (as I did for Europa) and if you want them to fall under the same mechanic as the rest, add them to a [name]_titles.txt file (just remember to copy paste the requirements and effects from the KA file) and add a flag (can simply copy and rename an existing one) in the gfx folder. But changing the single localisation of an existing title is far easier.

Last edited:
Due to a (now fixed) error in the titular generator, empire short names were bugged.
New files need to be generated with the latest version of the title generator to make this fix present in-game.

In theory (untested) it is save-game compatible when:
- You generate new KA files (backup the old ones)
- copy the new localisation file
- paste the file in the backup KA folder
- Revert the mods, so put the backups back and delete the new files.

It is also compatible with the latest CK2+ files (see changelog)

Yeah I know, it is now fixed. In the middle of updating the link for the new version I lost connection to the paradox forums due to the maintenance. So until now the links were empty.

Does everyone start out Independent in your mod?

If you take the normal version you can generate your own starting position. So you can go up to 952 (1000 to be sure) realms so everybody will be independent.**
If you take the 'no hassle' version it will have 600 realms. This will have the majority as independent counts, but also some 2/3 province realms (even 1 or 2 of more provinces).

Versions below 2.4 will be somewhat boring (edit: with every province independent, not the mod in general:p), just as any other shattered world mod at the start without specific mechanisms to kickstart, but in version 2.4 random provinces of counts get levy size bonuses. So even in scenarios where every one starts independent there should be some dynamic growth soon enough (players have 3 times more chance of getting this bonus, mtth is 12 months).

Edit: I am currently playing the mod with my brother, so it works in multiplayer. Just remember to initiate the decision every time you load a game (new and saved games).

** If the generator for some reason does not work, I can create such a scenario for you.
*** Added a download link to a version like no hassle, but with every province independent.

Important note: Do not use ruler designer. I have no idea why (I don't alter that kind of files), but it crashes the game with me and my brother.

Hotfix 2.4a: link, paste the file in the events folder

Last edited:
I agree. I don't want it to be too boring. My friends and I just like claiming everything then going against each other. So a few random provinces wouldn't be bad. And that sucks about Ruler Designer. I really love that feature. I will try this when I get home. Thanks Nivve!

One question though, how do I initiate the decision? I'm very new to CK2. Only third day playing..