• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just as Another New Dawn, I will not update this mod any longer. I forgot to mention it here, apologies for that.
Reason being that I am just far to busy to do modding.

I will keep the files on the dropbox, so that the links will keep working.

For everyone; DD and AND do work perfectly with 2.1.4. I needed to tweak a few text files, but otherwise it's perfect.

What tweaks are those? If it's just that, I probably can spare an hour to upload new versions so manual tweaks are not necessary.

Sorry for late answers, I didn't check the forums.

I use the vanilla version of CK2.

This is a tutorial for installing DD. Tutorial for AND is below.

Download the newest version of DD (4.07) and the newest Titular Title Generator (2.3.2).
Move the DD_oldgods directory and DD_oldgods.mod to the mod file as usual. Don't move the KA files, they have a holding problem.
Following the guidelines in the readme file, move the DD/info/Titlegen files (allows, gains, rules) to titlegen/scripts folder, let it override it. This adds the option to use the Nivve files.
Open up TTG, put in the default settings shown in the readme file. Check Dynamic Duchies TOG 1/2 mod selection thingy. (2/2 is the KA file, which we are generating here.) Feel free to name it DD 2/2 or so. Check the NivveAllows, NivveGains and Nivveruleset scripts for use, uncheck others. Run the generator.
There should be the new KA file in the mods directory. Open it.
Open history/provinces and find the text files for Sacz (532) and Oleshye (543). These files have errors; they give too many holdings at the start of the game. Open the text files and erase the lines from line 6 to line 9 (to line 10 in Sacz file.) This way these provinces don't start with the vanilla holding condition.
(The provinces Wana, Chagai and Kalat only start with their capitals. This is because the vanilla only gives them a capital holding. I cannot efficiently fix it without creating a fake holding for them, but that should be fine.)
Run the game. Select your DLCs (especially the old gods one) and both the mod files and run. Enjoy Dynamic Duchies!

Next, the AND version.
First up, download both the DD and AND (versions 4.07 and 0.38 respectively), oldgods 867 start. You'll need the NivveGains and NivveAllows files to generate a new KA file. These files are (weirdly) only available on the DD download.
Move the files as you would, AND_oldgods directory and AND_oldgods.mod to the mod folder, the text files to the generator files. Don't move the KA_AND_oldgods, it has the same problem above.
Fix the problem using the same method used above and run the game with DLC and mods. Everything should be fine now for playing.

Please tell if you experience problems as I might have skipped a part in there.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that some computers (such as my other one) cannot run the game modded. I found out that some Paradox games tend to have issues with RAM and so cause a crash when modding. Guess how irritating it was when I tried to load a similar (!) mod for HoI 3. After 8 hours of fixing, I gave a try with 8 GB and it instantly worked.

ANOTHER EDIT: My own opinion of the mods.
Both of the mods are suberb! They work nicely and I have never had a problem (uncounting the minor province problem). DD is perfect, there is nothing I could whine about it, especially if you own Sons of Abraham. The race for POPEHOOD! AND with its religion overhaul seems a bit dull, mainly because the religion doesn't seem to matter much. Maybe if you added all the basic religions to the initial blob thingy but keep the enhanced ones there. What I mean is that at the start, with the pagan ones, there are catholic, sunni, and hindu heresies. They could get then the advanced version. But yeah, if you have no time, so be it :(

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL EDITS: There doesn't appear to be any higher titles for Zemgale. I will update the list for any other ones that I find.
In the decisions there is an option for me to "allow"; I have no idea what this does. Is that even supposed to be there?

Last edited:
An addition to the above: When running the generator, make sure that you don't have history modification enabled, and also ensure you have it set to create duchy, kingdom, and empire titles. If you do not do the latter then there'll be no duchies for you to create, and I don't know how history generation will work with the mod.

The history generation seems to work fine with me. I'll test it without.
Weird. It seems that it's not really a shattered world anymore. The setting to set the realm amount is under history generation which I think defaults to the normal (hardcoded?) value.