• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bobgrey1997

Captain
1 Badges
Feb 16, 2015
  • Cities in Motion 2
I have recently gone back to Cities in Motion 2 after Cities: Skylines seemed to update the minimum requirements and I can no longer run it (shouldn't have bought it after all...)
I have run into a bit of an issue with Cities in Motion 2, however. When I try to download mods from the Steam Workshop, they all work fine other than map mods. Steam simply will not download map mods. This causes issues as many of the scenarios use their own maps. Many of the creators of the mods also share their work on the "Cities in Motion Exchange", but any links I click on for that site actually send me to some spam advertisements, including the link here on the Paradox website.
Where, and how, can I download these mods?

See, there is an issue with the logic here...
You linked to me to that thread which is full of people who can download the maps, they just don't show up. I can't even get to that point! I can't even DOWNLOAD them. I kinda need a map downloaded to even start worrying about it showing up in-game or not...

I thought they described where to get the maps from too? Did you go through to the Steam link?

Oh, yes. I missed that. I was a bit "out of it".
So, I followed the link and they do have some maps, but not many. I did find what is supposed to be an archive of the old exchange, so I will take a look at it to see what I can find. Thank you.
This really makes me wish I could go back to Cities: Skylines. I had so much fun with that game while it lasted...

Depending on what the problem is with your hardware, we may be able to help you get CSL going. If you like, post in the Support forum of that game with your hardware details.

I have put some thought into it, and kept thinking to myself "How is this really going to go...?" But now that you mention it, I think I'll just go for it! See what happens!
Anyway, thank you for the help and advise.