• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to bump this but I've recently began editing Diadochi Kings for a personal mod and am wondering how to divide up some of the Persian county/provinces. they seem too large and too few.

I Downloaded The Mod Folder, Went Through The Instalation Steps, And Got To The Closest CKII Version I Can Get, But It Didn't Appear In The List Of Mods When I Opened CKII, Does Anybody Know How To Fix This?

I Downloaded The Mod Folder, Went Through The Instalation Steps, And Got To The Closest CKII Version I Can Get, But It Didn't Appear In The List Of Mods When I Opened CKII, Does Anybody Know How To Fix This?
The " *.mod" file is in the "Diadochi-kings-master" folder, just move it into the "mod" folder and change the name of folder "Diadochi-kings-master" to "Diadochi-Kings".
( Sorry for my poor English, it's not my mother tongue. )

DevDiary 1
The Revival

Hello everyone,

Diadochi Kings used to be one of the main mods CKII players could download to experience the ancient world from 359 BC until 281 BC. It covered quite a few important events, like the rise of Macedonia, the Alexandrian expedition into Persia, the Diadochi wars as well as the Celtic invasion of the Balkans.

Sadly, development and support for Diadochi Kings ceased in 2015. Although many initiatives have attempted to update the mod, they did not succeed. One month ago, our own team came together to update and expand the mod. We currently have a mod that is playable and actively being expanded on.

In this dev diary, we will show off some of the improvements we have made to the provinces of Greece and Thrace.

Greece
r91ixgB.png

The new province setup in Greece

6rFmsfE.png

Although the original map of Diadochi Kings already had an impressive amount of provinces in Greece, we saw some improvements that could be made to better represent places of importance as well as facilitate improvements to the political setup.

Malis and Pharsalus have been added to central Greece. Malis was an important strategic region, as it contained the pass at Thermopylae. Pharsalus was an important Thessalian city state and it was the location where Caesar beat Pompey.

1N0o6nD.png

The new duchy setup of Epirus

We also felt that Epirus could use a facelift. Epirus originally had a row of three provinces, which looked quite unrealistic. We have divided the original 3 epirote provinces to 5 new ones. Two new provinces are Amantia and Oichalia. Amantia was the capital of the Epirote Amantini tribe. Oichalia was the region where the independent Athamanes lived. The Athamanes were finally incorporated into the Epirote state by Pyrrhus after 280 BC.

sFivm7U.png

Tribes in Epirus
Historically, Epirus was a league of many different tribes. Following this new update, the ruling Molossians will have to contend with the Thresprotians, Chaonians and Amantians. As Epirus is an elective monarchy, the Molossians will have to keep the tribes happy lest they might support their own candidates for the Epirote throne.

gzc56EV.png

Governments in Greece

Epirus starts as a state that enjoys both elements of feudal and tribal policies. The kings rule like a feudal ruler, while his vassals are all tribal. This gives Epirus a unique playstyle as well as greater strength as the tribal vassals can provide more men than feudal vassals.

Thrace
WBdjkFH.png
The new province setup in Thrace
oBHiEpt.png

On the old map Thrace had very few provinces, especially compared to the neighbouring regions of Greece and Anatolia. This made it particularly hard for Thracian players to compete without expanding outside of Thrace. Therefore, we have added a lot of provinces to Thrace to make it competitive with other regions.

We have added 5 new provinces in the south, 4 in the east and 2 in the north.
R7anZe0.png

The new duchy setup in Thrace

Adding all of these provinces to Thrace has required us to set up some new duchies. The duchy of Orbelos has been added to incorporate the west of Thrace while the duchy of Pangaion covers all of the Greek cities on the southern coast of Thrace.

gZLSPOc.png

The Thracian tribes in 281 BC
This new density of provinces allows us to add many Thracian tribes to the mod. While the ruling Odrysians dominate the fertile plains in central Thrace, to the south many small tribes are present in the mountains. These are in a great position to raid the rich Greek cities for gold. In the north there are many tribes that live along the banks of the Danube.

Silver Shields
FEK6BGj.jpg
Salutem plurimam dicit. In addition to these expansions, we have added a new mechanic, the Silver Shields. An elite group of infantry founded by Alexander. For nearly 2 decades their legendary skill and status was often a decisive force on the field and they saw the rise and fall of a number of Diadochi.

5IH8oMv.jpg

eczHckh.jpg
With the inclusion of the Shields, we have added a couple of plots in replica of their history, one to seize control of the them from one of the other Diadochi and another to seek their destruction if they prove too difficult to control.

Future Content
We are aiming to release a playable version of the mod later this month, so that you can enjoy this early state of the mod. Although this version will be quite light on flavour, this will allow us to gather ideas for flavour from the community.

Would you like to stay in contact with the developers? If so, please join the Diadochi Kings discord: https://discord.gg/tDGGPVE

Tune back in next week for more information about the changes to Illyria and Pannonia.

Thank you so much for reviving this! I am absolutely delighted. The setup alone has me salivating.

I will say -- the original mod team had one major issue that held them back, and I personally believe it was the issue that sank them. They didn't seem to understand or know how to write scripted events to actually cause Diadochi Wars, and so all the characters and nations just sat around doing nothing.

If you guys can address that, I really think the sky is the limit. The period is perfect for CK2, IMO.