• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ancestral

Second Lieutenant
44 Badges
Dec 21, 2007
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
[Mods] Decorus Visum Collection

Hello CK2 community!

I’m working on two user interface projects that hopefully some people will be interested in.

Firstly, replacement fonts. Although I don’t mind Trajan that much, it is a bit overused. It’s also not necessarily representative of the early Medieval era either. So I’m looking through several alternatives, some that are Carolingian, Uncial or Blackletter. (The primary limitation is to stick with fonts that are free or have permissive licenses, such as the OFL, so I am able to modify and redistribute freely.) I’ve done this before with EU3, and CK2 isn’t much different. (In fact, I can provide a tutorial if anyone wants to do this on their own.)

Secondly, larger UI scale graphics. I recently purchased a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display, and I’d love to take advantage of the crisp pixel density. It’d be an arduous task, but I’d like to try doubling all the graphics sizes and font sizes and see how that goes.

I’m going to do this a little differently; I’m going to release these things separately, and then roll them into a mod at a later time. This way folks can play with the stuff right after I create it.

Last edited:
Map Font: Almendra
A legible, small caps gothic chancery font.

almendrapreview.jpg

Version: 2
Date: 5 Dec 12

Download Now

Map Font: Aniron
An unical, fantasy-themed font.

anironpreview.jpg

Version: 1

Download Now

Map Font: Eagle Lake
A calligraphic, brush stroke font.

eaglelakepreview.jpg

Version: 2

Download Now

Last edited:
Both of them look quite interesting, though I think the Eagle Lake font looks better.

By the way, would you be okay if I use one of the fonts, or one of your other fonts later on, for my own mod? (credit will be given, of course)

both really nice.

ingame it is a bit glitchy when zooming/unzooming (the grey lines around letters). when the letters are quite small they keep a trace of this glitch.
Eagle lake is more affected than Almendra with this.
sorry, I don't really know how to describe well this problem.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

I’ll be tweaking with these to kind of get a better look. The accented characters in Almendra appears to be drawn lower than normal, which appears a little funny. Eagle Lake turned out even better than I expected.

It’s a little odd the map seems to display everything in capitals (except accented characters, which defaults to lowercase). It’d be nice if it worked like in EU3 where the first letter was always capitalized, but I’m guessing this is simply hardcoded into the game.

By the way, would you be okay if I use one of the fonts, or one of your other fonts later on, for my own mod? (credit will be given, of course)
Absolutely! A credit would be great. (I neglected to include any kind of licensing; I’ll update this with a version released under the MIT License.) It may be necessary by the terms of the OFL (the license the fonts are covered by), and I would strongly advise you anyway, to keep the OFL text file somewhere with the bitmap font file in your project.

Last edited:
Alright, version 2 out.

• I’ve redone Almendra and solved the y-offset issue with accented characters (yay). I may still tweak it a little, but for now, it works.
  • I’ve added information about licensing (MIT and OFL, basically, do whatever, but include the README and the OFL text files please).
  • Deleted some pesky “__MACOSX” folders. It’s a little cleaner now.

UPDATE: I’ve just added Aniron for download.

Last edited:
I’ve done this before with EU3, and CK2 isn’t much different. (In fact, I can provide a tutorial if anyone wants to do this on their own.)

Please, do make a tutorial. The more knowledge is shared among modders, the more they use it. I doubt even 10% of modders knows how to make custom fonts.

... necromancy aside, is it possible for fonts to be customized depending on religion/culture-group/etc? for example, SOI-realms using Eagle Lake and vanilla-christians using Almendra?

Oops, the mod has been moved to 'Graphics' instead of 'Interface' in the Master Mod List after me asking about it, as it seems to make more sense.

I hope the OP and creator of this mod is fine with that.
Might get more attention now.
Well i forgot about it because of it. :eek:o

Oops, the mod has been moved to 'Graphics' instead of 'Interface' in the Master Mod List after me asking about it, as it seems to make more sense.

I hope the OP and creator of this mod is fine with that.
Might get more attention now.
Well i forgot about it because of it. :eek:o
well, the only reason I noticed this was because of your asking around in that thread in the first place :laugh:

well, the only reason I noticed this was because of your asking around in that thread in the first place :laugh:

Yeah ! :D

...and i only got reminded of it, as someone posted a screenshot with it in the 'Strange Screenshot' thread. ;)